Skyrim SE for Beginners - V 3.2.6 (3BBB / HDT-SMP / HPH)

3 days ago I started getting CTDs after loading a saved games. Only my saves that work are the ones where Im inside. As soon as I go outside, I CTD. Starting a new game has the same issue.

Since I was playing around with many mods, its hard to pinpoint whats causing this (+ Im still a modding noob.. so that also doenst help)

The last things I did before it starting CTD'ing:

• Reinstalled all mods that had something to do with Schlongs or BadDogHoodies etc (cause I had a bug with womans with a penis)
  • Reinstalled DibelleSister mod
  • Installed SunJeongs Lovers Lab Collection +Ninirim Ported mods (and removed again, since they dont fit in the world imo)
  • Updated my GPU drivers.

To try and fix it. Ive played around with all mods that I just mentioned (reinstalled, deleted, installed again, ran FNIS, ran DynDOLOD etc etc)

Ive also installed my old GPU drivers again.

But no luck

Also.. what weird, is that one time I got a BSOD when going in the outside world.

Spoiler

20190514_182603.thumb.jpg.f7906fa5976982150ba15ef2eab584be.jpg

Anybody a clue how to make it all work again?

if you are using a mod tool like MO2 just for the purpose of testing click off dibella (everything mine is 3 mods, dibella sisters, the cbbe body slide and the dibella sisterhood april 2019) you will PROBABLY t-pose. load a save that is outside, i was helping a friend mod his (he needs to keep his more erm.. kid friendly..) and i was actually getting ctd from quins mod. if you do use MO2 on the right on your downloads (hopefully you added all your mods this way except dyndolod) on the right there will be a column named file time. go backwards down that disableing the mods in the left until you don't get a CTD or BSOD (thats just holy shit)click back on everything except your suspected mod and see if you can still start a save outside. i'm going to guess it is probably the sisters mods doing it but it may be another mod that doesn't show a conflict, that actually causes a conflict. (banging a giant as thanks and skyrim decides he needs to wander around- possible ctd. or bent over a bail of hay getting railed by a horse and 4 thalmor come walking up throwing lightning around like they are thor.) 

1 hour ago, jaeos said:

@Adviser69oh and there is no texture for the skirt in the bodyslide files for the "pure" outfit. the one senna wears. i wound up replacing it with suns virgin killer sweater as i couldn't think of another outfit that had 2 parts. a "dress" and a "skirt".

I just sent DeepBlueFrog the dropbox links for the fixed mods in loose file instead of BSA. As for the missing texture from the skirt, it is from Ashara's Dimonized dress. It seems DeepBlueFrog forgot to add it to the BSA when he updated Sisters, and since I already use most of Ashara's outfit mods, I didn't notice he forgot to add it until recently. You can actually go back into the version 132 zip file and find it there as a quick workaround.

13 minutes ago, Adviser69 said:

You can actually go back into the version 132 zip file and find it there as a quick workaround.

After i spent a little over an hour just figuring out how to replace the dress... and where does the ddhotfix data go inside SD+ i can't seem to find where you posted how. (i'm getting ctd going to dreamworld. either from my own bed or the bed at the statue.

14 minutes ago, jaeos said:

After i spent a little over an hour just figuring out how to replace the dress... and where does the ddhotfix data go inside SD+ i can't seem to find where you posted how. (i'm getting ctd going to dreamworld. either from my own bed or the bed at the statue.

The DD hotfix doesn't go inside SD+. In the hotfix 7z file is a meshes folder, and all you have to do is drag and drop it in your data folder, then let it overwrite when prompted. It replaces the meshes for the Heretical resources used in Devious Devices, specifically the iron cuffs and chains. The rusty variant and spectral variant of said cuffs are used on all the prisoners in Dreamworld, as well as your character immediately being equipped with a set. The CTD is caused by faulty HDT weighting on the meshes chains, hence the reason for the Hotfix, which removes the HDT part. Makes the chains look funky and floaty sometimes, but they work.

27 minutes ago, Adviser69 said:

The DD hotfix doesn't go inside SD+. In the hotfix 7z file is a meshes folder, and all you have to do is drag and drop it in your data folder, then let it overwrite when prompted. It replaces the meshes for the Heretical resources used in Devious Devices, specifically the iron cuffs and chains. The rusty variant and spectral variant of said cuffs are used on all the prisoners in Dreamworld, as well as your character immediately being equipped with a set. The CTD is caused by faulty HDT weighting on the meshes chains, hence the reason for the Hotfix, which removes the HDT part. Makes the chains look funky and floaty sometimes, but they work.

oh ok. thanks, i was wondering why it said data

Maybe ask @SunJeongto pretty pretty please convert them. she seems like the resident hdt expert

EDIT: nope still not working. i'm going to try to reinstall DD again see if that will do it

Edit 2 still getting a ctd, i'll just shut it off and go do something else.

@Adviser69

I've run a few more tests. Running 132, the update for April and the bodyslide for CBBE together solved, as it seems, all obvious issues. The black face is gone, the broken wrists are gone and the gown got all the required textures. I had so far no crashes in the sanctum.

Hopefully the files for CBBE get 'official' and end up in the normal list for the downloads.

Thanks for the offer for 'Defeat'. But i already put up a link for it that someone gave me. ?

@Fuppert

Ouch, broken savegame? That can happen if you add and then remove mods. Did you try the 'Fallrim Tools' in 'Tips and Tricks'? That might save the savegame but the chances are slim. Always make a hard save before you add something, test it, and go back to the old one if you decide not to use the mod.

@jaeos

Regarding the replacers. I'm aleady working on a few things. The big problem is getting the permissions of the original mod authors. Kokan gave me the skin and Bazinga his permission, so there's no problem modifying the skin. The 'Aylis Skin' is based on Kokan's but almost every single file was modified so it now is something of its own.

Some other things will be interesting. In the worst case i have to come up with some batchfiles to get the results without pissing off mod authors...

€: Dang, looks like i'm a bit late with this post. Why do some posts only appear after i posted...

25 minutes ago, Kythana said:

@jaeos

Regarding the replacers. I'm aleady working on a few things. The big problem is getting the permissions of the original mod authors. Kokan gave me the skin and Bazinga his permission, so there's no problem modifying the skin. The 'Aylis Skin' is based on Kokan's but almost every single file was modified so it now is something of its own.

i think most of that is for @Adviser69

the helmets wwould do good along with the crusader armor mod i found a few months ago. Crusader 

2 hours ago, Kythana said:

@Fuppert

Ouch, broken savegame? That can happen if you add and then remove mods. Did you try the 'Fallrim Tools' in 'Tips and Tricks'? That might save the savegame but the chances are slim. Always make a hard save before you add something, test it, and go back to the old one if you decide not to use the mod.

Not just my savegame. Its my whole game. Starting a new one also CTD. As soon as Im in an outside area

On 5/9/2019 at 5:32 AM, Kythana said:

I wrote a detailed list here and even added screenshots. Make a guess what happened...

I still got flooded by PM how to install something. Or they installed patches that were not needed and managed to kill their (save)game. I always say that they should only install what they actually need, but some still manage to do the 'install every patch i can find'.

In the end i'll add more to 'Recommended Settings' and 'But... Why?'. Although i doubt that it will be much help in the long run as some will still screw it up 'cause they don't read. And then blame me.

your link point to a fallout guide for AFF....i am confused. were you replying to me or am missing something

1 hour ago, Kythana said:

Yep, i was. ?

@Fuppert

Try deactivating the two last ones for DynDOLOD (aka both Output). 

okay, thanks for clearing that up.

So i think i see the problem here. First up, i am NOT Blaming you. I know skyrim modding is not easy with or without a guide. Second, i was angry and frustrated so my reply was tinge by that frustration, since honestly, i really do want to play skyrim again (right now running webbly perfectly modded pack...its over bulked with functions i don't want but it just so easy to install that i am playing it. 

My recommendation would be to change your focus and wording. For one...your 'But...Why' section has this rant about realism...and i cant help but ask the question right back at you. I didn't need a that information about your view on the matter or your opinion certain mods based on YOUR purview of them, if i am doing this guide, which is quite lengthy. its because i read the mods and i feel its something okay or at least willing to try it

Focus more on technical help written by you, personalize the experience of the guide. Yeah, i know is more work, much more work. But take a look at STEP for what i am trying to say, see how they explain each mod for what it does and separate the installations on steps.  A good idea for this is streamlining the process by using file names instead of mod names for the links or add a file name list for each link so important files can be tagged so

this is for beginners, you are assuming a bit too much technical know-how and quite simply, who read a guide these days? people skim, so you got to quantify that on your guide if you really wan this problem to stop. 

Now this is your guide, and it is a great guide, i just think it could be better. if i had the technical know-how or someone who could offer that technical know how on demand, i would offer myself to help. No point in critiquing something without at least trying to fix it

Updating Status to 'Release 1.2.5. 

Small changes can have a huge impact on a completely different position. I hope i finally got all bugs (including the minor ones).

Sadly this update means that you do have to rerun DynDOLOD.

MOVED mods:

Realistic Skin Shaders - Falmer and Hagravens  - to 'LL' to prevent a visual bug. (Done) 

Whiterun Stores - A Simple Little Clean Up        - to 'Area' as it removes a trader otherwise. (Done)

REMOVED mods:

Farmhouse HD                                                    - too small effect. (Done)

Majestic Mountains                                            - fixed a bug but caused another one. (Done)

Majestic Mountains LOD                                    - not needed anymore. (Done)

Markarth HD                                                       - too small effect and FPS. (Done)

Riften HD                                                            - too small effect and FPS. (Done)

Added mods:

Better Dynamic Snow SE                                    - to 'Area'. (Done)

Better Dynamic Snow - Patches                         - to 'Area'. (Done)

Better Dynamic Ash SE                                       - to 'Area'. (Done)
Cliffs of Skyrim                                                   - to 'Textures'. (Done)

ET3D - Every Tree Different 2k                           - to 'Foundation'. (Done)

Early-Middleages Helmets pack SSE                  - to 'Armor and Weapons'. (Done)

High Poly Project                                                - to 'Foundation'. Improves SMIM. (Done)

Particle Patch ALL-IN-ONE Installation              - to 'Foundation'. (Done)

Added another tag (Rec) to the entries so you'll know that there's more Information for that mod in 'Tips and Tricks'.

14 hours ago, Kythana said:

Updating Status to 'Release 1.2.5. 

Small changes can have a huge impact on a completely different position. I hope i finally got all bugs (including the minor ones).

Sadly this update means that you do have to rerun DynDOLOD.

MOVED mods:

Realistic Skin Shaders - Falmer and Hagravens  - to 'LL' to prevent a visual bug. (Done) 

Whiterun Stores - A Simple Little Clean Up        - to 'Area' as it removes a trader otherwise. (Done)

REMOVED mods:

Farmhouse HD                                                    - too small effect. (Done)

Majestic Mountains                                            - fixed a bug but caused another one. (Done)

Majestic Mountains LOD                                    - not needed anymore. (Done)

Markarth HD                                                       - too small effect and FPS. (Done)

Riften HD                                                            - too small effect and FPS. (Done)

Added mods:

Better Dynamic Snow SE                                    - to 'Area'. (Done)

Better Dynamic Snow - Patches                         - to 'Area'. (Done)

Better Dynamic Ash SE                                       - to 'Area'. (Done)
Cliffs of Skyrim                                                   - to 'Textures'. (Done)

ET3D - Every Tree Different 2k                           - to 'Foundation'. (Done)

Early-Middleages Helmets pack SSE                  - to 'Armor and Weapons'. (Done)

High Poly Project                                                - to 'Foundation'. Improves SMIM. (Done)

Particle Patch ALL-IN-ONE Installation              - to 'Foundation'. (Done)

Added another tag (Rec) to the entries so you'll know that there's more Information for that mod in 'Tips and Tricks'.

dammit...

12 minutes ago, MasterCode86 said:

going to retry doing this again....wish me luck.

um.. good luck? i have not checked since the last changes, but i was sitting at a LITTLE over 78.1 gig of mod data alone. i didn't even do the whole list. so look at 12-13 hours of download and install time. ENB and dyndolod were the hardest for me to wrap my head around, and honestly i'm like the parakeet making a pizza order, i'm just doing it how i was told to. i still don't understand it, i just know it works

8 minutes ago, jaeos said:

Better Dynamic Snow SE (Don't forget to edit the ini as in its description. Otherwise you will have problems)

All this entails is opening your Skrimprefs.ini and adding this line under [Display] (if you have a brandnew fresh install. or confirm it is there anyway)

bEnableProjecteUVDiffuseNormals=1

Couldnt find what to do with which ini. So thx for clearing that up :)

36 minutes ago, Fuppert said:

Also redoing it all atm. Broke my game. Couldnt fix it. Not doing it all with MO2 instead of Vortex. Im half way :)

GL with yours!

Quoting myself here.. I didnt change my folders. So MO2 used a place on my C disk to unzip my mods. C was full, so I moved the folder. MO2 didnt reconize my mods anymore and *poef* whole list is empty again.. :(

Starting over again!

51 minutes ago, Kythana said:

@Fuppert

Here you go:

Reveal hidden contents

ini.png.57eb1f7de26d07fe70e9889ae2d68995.png

ini2.png.cd1fab816996fd866aaddf07fde27a50.png

Also you only have to change the path in MO2. Then its all back again.

Fixed the wrong placement of a comment… (Done)

I wish I were less impulsive..

I deleted everything already and decided to start totally fresh :(

4 hours ago, Fuppert said:

I wish I were less impulsive..

I deleted everything already and decided to start totally fresh :(

you mean like me nuking my entire mod list because of one mod not wanting to play well with others? and pretty much redoing my mod list from this. 

and BTW @Fuppert

you can place separators in MO2 so the mod list looks just like whats listed, and how it's listed. right click either an open space (left pane) >all mods>create separator