Skyrim SE for Beginners - V 3.2.6 (3BBB / HDT-SMP / HPH)

1 hour ago, jaeos said:

@Kythana did i mention i hate redoing dyndolod everytime i add in a mod? this is my 7th re-compile today?

You don't have to do a complete rerun every time. If you change only some textures then rerunning the part for the textures is often enough. Only if you notice sudden changes or vanishing objects you have to make a complete rerun.

8 hours ago, Hippeus said:

Yeah I use bijin and ordinary women. So should both sister plugins be before those 2 mods?

Yes, exactly. I use Bijin myself, so I ran across this problem before. Just make sure that Bijin had overwritten Senna's face, place it's plugin below SoD and SoD Sisters, and you're golden.

@Kythana,

You're welcome. I've been having a similar problem with the conversion of SD+, and Yinkle with Alicia Painslut. DeepBlueFrog is making new additions and changes to his mods, like new aesthetics, functions and even soft tie-in content between them so I've been watching his GitHub page like a hawk and scrambling to do conversion updates as they come out.

3 hours ago, Kythana said:

You don't have to do a complete rerun every time. If you change only some textures then rerunning the part for the textures is often enough. Only if you notice sudden changes or vanishing objects you have to make a complete rerun.

oh... well... um.. damn...

49 minutes ago, Adviser69 said:

Yes, exactly. I use Bijin myself, so I ran across this problem before. Just make sure that Bijin had overwritten Senna's face, place it's plugin below SoD and SoD Sisters, and you're golden.

@Kythana,

You're welcome. I've been having a similar problem with the conversion of SD+, and Yinkle with Alicia Painslut. DeepBlueFrog is making new additions and changes to his mods, like new aesthetics, functions and even soft tie-in content between them so I've been watching his GitHub page like a hawk and scrambling to do conversion updates as they come out.

i had that issue with diversity and strangely.. cloaks of skyrim. on the esp side of MO diversity esm HAD to come after cloaks (and patches) esm. left side is completly backwards, cloaks is after diversity and everybody is pretty, i switch it. and anyone of the populace that was wearing a cloak (except guards use a different mod for guards) had greyface, even a few that didn't have a cloak would be greyfaced. i don''t see how cloaks would change facegen data though.

15 minutes ago, jaeos said:

i had that issue with diversity and strangely.. cloaks of skyrim. on the esp side of MO diversity esm HAD to come after cloaks (and patches) esm. left side is completly backwards, cloaks is after diversity and everybody is pretty, i switch it. and anyone of the populace that was wearing a cloak (except guards use a different mod for guards) had greyface, even a few that didn't have a cloak would be greyfaced. i don''t see how cloaks would change facegen data though.

When I was making a conflict resolution patch for Cloaks and Men of Winter, as Idalof Battleborn had grey face, i found that cloaks contains its own head parts data for the character, copies of the Skyrim.esm entries for the character, but Men of Winter's changes were different head part slots. So i just removed those entries from cloaks to fix the issue and didn't seem to have a problem after that.

Capture1.JPG.358a3f6d574e7849f24840cd5d7a9b2b.JPG

11 minutes ago, kesryth said:

When I was making a conflict resolution patch for Cloaks and Men of Winter, as Idalof Battleborn had grey face, i found that cloaks contains its own head parts data for the character, copies of the Skyrim.esm entries for the character, but Men of Winter's changes were different head part slots. So i just removed those entries from cloaks to fix the issue and didn't seem to have a problem after that.

Capture1.JPG.358a3f6d574e7849f24840cd5d7a9b2b.JPG

well.. what the hell.... mine wasn't just one or two it was.. lets see, jon battle born igalof, jarl balgruff, hulda, damn.. the priest i forget her name. belethar, and i think the guy in warmaidens

5 hours ago, jaeos said:

well.. what the hell.... mine wasn't just one or two it was.. lets see, jon battle born igalof, jarl balgruff, hulda, damn.. the priest i forget her name. belethar, and i think the guy in warmaidens

well, I am just getting back into Skyrim after being away for about 3 years or so, so I tend to mod, then run around looking for issue and save as soon as I find a glitch, fix it and then continue on, glitch, fix, etc..  so i problably just have not seen all of the ones you have yet, but now i have your list to check :) so thank you.

@kesryth this time will be my 6th? time to gut my mod list because of some little mod stopped being updated. Stopped using bijin AIO because of someone ( i forget who, possibly vex0 had a grey face no matter where i put the aio vs the standalone vex/karliah replacer. so i deleted the AIO and reinstalled 20(?) esp files for named npc bijin adds in just to shut off 2-3 of them so replacers i liked better were the winners namly lydia, vex, karliah (no hood option she's cute as hell..) and joordis. (i think) right now i am tracking one that spawns when you do a fnis idle that needs 2 people. 

But you know how to make patches etc. i just know how to (sometimes) get my mod order moved to where things usually act the way i want them to.

11 minutes ago, jaeos said:

@kesryth this time will be my 6th? time to gut my mod list because of some little mod stopped being updated. Stopped using bijin AIO because of someone ( i forget who, possibly vex0 had a grey face no matter where i put the aio vs the standalone vex/karliah replacer. so i deleted the AIO and reinstalled 20(?) esp files for named npc bijin adds in just to shut off 2-3 of them so replacers i liked better were the winners namly lydia, vex, karliah (no hood option she's cute as hell..) and joordis. (i think) right now i am tracking one that spawns when you do a fnis idle that needs 2 people. 

But you know how to make patches etc. i just know how to (sometimes) get my mod order moved to where things usually act the way i want them to.

I used to mod for FO3, FNV, Oblivion, and Oldrim. Did mostly one-off request work taking pen-and-paper game modules from DnD, Robotech, Rifts, etc.. and converting them to dungeon or adventure mods for people I knew. Unfortunately, I kinda got burned out a bit on doing so when i got out of school and just had so little time to work on it anymore. Thats really the only reason I remember how to do patches, mod cleanups and such. Trying to get back into it again, and maybe do some FO4 stuff if I decide to buy it for PC, but figured I would start slow and work on relearning things with Skyrim SE. Thanks to @Kythana  I have a good  stable mod base to work with and play  around with to refresh my memory.

TLDR: Game art and design courses FTW :) 

...back to debug mode for me, on Sisterhood of Dibella for SE. Getting CTD in the Inner Sanctum of the Temple of Dibella, and I haven't been able to pinpoint it's cause yet. If any of you play the SE version and get this as well let me know, and give me as much info surrounding it as you can. Fairly certain it's another faulty mesh/texture problem, but I don't see any discrepancies when I load the cell in CK, and I can't even get past the threshold of the door at the bottom of the stairwell before CTD, so whatever the fault is, it's in FOV of this general area. Any feedback from players would be appreciated so I can squash this bug.

2 minutes ago, kesryth said:

I used to mod for FO3, FNV, Oblivion, and Oldrim. Did mostly one-off request work taking pen-and-paper game modules from DnD, Robotech, Rifts, etc.. and converting them to dungeon or adventure mods for people I knew. Unfortunately, I kinda got burned out a bit on doing so when i got out of school and just had so little time to work on it anymore. Thats really the only reason I remember how to do patches, mod cleanups and such. Trying to get back into it again, and maybe do some FO4 stuff if I decide to buy it for PC, but figured I would start slow and work on relearning things with Skyrim SE. Thanks to @Kythana  I have a good  stable mod base to work with and play  around with to refresh my memory.

TLDR: Game art and design courses FTW :) 

a mod i would look into for FO4 (i enjoyed it) is A.S.I.A. (your a sexbot) you have a brotherhood option or as minutemen/railroad/institute option. if you do not get hacked by the brotherhood (you will know, you have robot arm and a leg) then when you go to the police station they are 100% hostile but other than that it's a simple mod that does a race change, and body upgrades are at 20-30-40 after you get to certain places/access to specific terminals. 

@Adviser69 i just went into the temple, stole the key, got into the inner sanctum and spammed screenshot down the stairs hoping that if i got ctd i would have a picture close to the area. got to the bottom. accosted by orla asking me what am i doing blah blah, went up the other staircase, into the baths, so far i didn't get a ctd.  butr thats all i did , first entry down the stairs, asll the way to the statue you steal for the homeless guy talk to hamal get the go rescue the kid mission and out to the streets, lots of screenshots of the hallway and stairs though

all in 1st person view. may notr make a difference but what about PC texxtures coinflicting with dibella textures?

57 minutes ago, Kythana said:

Adding a mini-tutorial for blending textures with 'paint.net' to 'Files'.

Blending tutorial.pdf 3.93 MB · 0 downloads

You have an excellent sense of timing, because I just started doing something like this.

36 minutes ago, jaeos said:

@Adviser69 i just went into the temple, stole the key, got into the inner sanctum and spammed screenshot down the stairs hoping that if i got ctd i would have a picture close to the area. got to the bottom. accosted by orla asking me what am i doing blah blah, went up the other staircase, into the baths, so far i didn't get a ctd.  butr thats all i did , first entry down the stairs, asll the way to the statue you steal for the homeless guy talk to hamal get the go rescue the kid mission and out to the streets, lots of screenshots of the hallway and stairs though

all in 1st person view. may notr make a difference but what about PC texxtures coinflicting with dibella textures?

What the....

then there is a very real possibility that I have a mod conflict, and it's unique to my loadout. Okay then, that helps.

@Adviser69

This is quite interesting.

Using only 'SexLab_DibellaCult' (132)

Spoiler

Body OK but there seems to be a neckseam and sometimes crash in the sanctum.

ScreenShot299.png.491024800c42c975f880dcf3120562f0.png

Using 'SexLab_DibellaCult' and 'Sisters' (132)

Spoiler

'Broken' wrists, still got a neckseam (but looks better than without the 'Sisters'). NO crash.

ScreenShot298.png.f5dd2daef8fb3bea84243840a114451f.png

Using only 'SexLab_DibellaCult' (April)

Spoiler

Body OK but got the black face. NO crash.

ScreenShot301.png.7f1777a1ec6d1301ef35e60b08e3afb7.png

Using 'SexLab_DibellaCult' and 'Sisters' (April)

Spoiler

Black face, texture not found and broken wrists. Crash while moving around.

ScreenShot297.png.8c0aac77684059594268200e958a1592.png

Crashes always happen around that statue...

Spoiler

ScreenShot300.png.9c0ed00ad31e5b80d3ae1767e840c51d.png

Another thing is that using the bodyslide files (which btw doesn't fix the wrists) seems to increase the chance of a crash.

Well, i guess you know my setup... ?

1 hour ago, Adviser69 said:

You have an excellent sense of timing, because I just started doing something like this.

?

18 hours ago, Adviser69 said:

@Kythana,

Okay I got the black face bug fixed by making sure it loads assets and plugins before Ordinary women and Bijin.

One thing left though is I'm not sure Sisterhood of Dibella is compatible with Open Cities.

Edit: Think I'll just remove Open Cities from my load order for the time being. Cause I noticed a couple other mods that could potentially be broken by it.

@Kythana: Also thought I'd let you know Realistic Sexy bodyslide has been hidden by the author why they improve on it.

Also what bodyslide files would I use for 1.32 Merged? Also how does Sex Attraction work in the game? Does it use Random Sex? Cause it says it needs mods like Approach but I tried Approach and I didn't get anyone approaching me for sex with both those mods. Sorry also for all the questions.

@Kythana

Hmm... now that IS interesting...

I know the contents of 132 pretty well, as I learned to do most of my conversions thanks to Roggvir's and Pfiffy's tutorials, so to speak. I also know that DeepBlueFrog has made some additions from a static item resource pack, not just to SoD but also to SD+, Alicia and SL Stories. Possibly Parasites as well. I also know that some of these resources are shared among these mods, and that some of textures, particularly with statues, ended up faulty, not just on SE but on LE as well.

Yinkle fixed the statue texture problem, and it's actually included in his conversion of AliciaPainslut if I'm not mistaken. Found on post #4 of this thread.

Also on the first post of this thread is a link for the bodyslides of the SoD Sisters' outfits for CBBE, also done by Yinkle. (Sorry UNP users)

Also, the skirt part of the outfit was taken from Ashara's Romantic Outfits (with permission of course, SydneyB is a pretty cool gal), so if all else fails downloading that mod could fix that problem. 

But as it stands, looks like packing in BSA isn't doing any favors, so next update will be back to loose files.

EDIT: I did find the cause of my CTD. I redid the Facegen for Orla, Anwen, Hamal and Fjorta in the CK and I stopped crashing. So yeah, sometime later I'm gonna pack a loose version for the mod sometime later if anyone is having the same problem.

O.o

Yinkle wrote: 'Since this uses the new CBBE SSE body folk will need to edit the armoraddon flags in the esp adding the forearms/calves partitions.'

That is where i would hit the wall. I have absolutely no idea where i'm even supposed to start doing something like this. It sounds a bit like the 'that is easily converted'...

Yeah, for the ones who do it all the time.

For me something like this is more like 'don't even bother installing it'.

@Hippeus

Thanks for the info. ?

I hope it will be back soon.

Btw. for those who downloaded the PDF. Is that OK for you or should i change something?

I'll check into the DibellaSisters ESP and see what Yinkle means myself. I dunno exactly what it means, but I'm familiar enough with working with outfits in CK to have a baseline. I haven't had any problems with the bodyslide, and I don't get those wrist breaks on any of the outfits. At the same time though, I'm using an HDT-SMP built CBBE bodyslide under the Shiva preset. I tend to like using the Shiva bodyslide preset because it makes switching out from CBBE to UNP and back again really smooth, at least from a mod tinker's view.

EDIT: The flags for forearms and calves are already active for both ESPs, there is nothing that needs to be changed or added, so the bodyslide should work without any changes. wonder if there is a mismatch in bodyslide meshes somewhere for you...

@ZachariasZgraggen

No, thats just a recommendation. In 'Tips and Tricks' there are more. The 'RS Bodyslide Preset' is just the one i personally prefer and use.

@Adviser69

Thanks again for looking into that too. ?

I'll give it a shot. Maybe the ones i have atm are for UNP (that wasn't specified).

Someone provided me with a new link for 'Sexlab Defeat'. I replaced the one in the list (although i still don't know whats going on with that mod).

The helmets will end up in the list. They look great and are a nice addition to the guards overhaul. Too bad they arn't replacers for the ones from Bethesda.

Spoiler

And i havn't found them all...

helmet.png.2b21d78cf4f17ac75ce0d5239c6b63c6.png

Early evening at the gates of Whiterun.

ScreenShot309.png.c3bcf1a8e46c71383387009fc7f2afca.png

@Kythana

Leave it to you to use an obscure and now unavailable bodyslide preset.?

In any case though, the wrist problem could be an old to new mismatch too, since SE's CBBE is a bit different setup from LE's CBBE. I've had a few of those, and in most cases I just had to go in and re-weight the outfit for the new CBBE in Outfit Studio.

As for Sexlab Defeat, I still have the conversion downloaded if you really need it. Dunno what's going on with that though.

14 hours ago, Kythana said:

The helmets will end up in the list. They look great and are a nice addition to the guards overhaul. Too bad they arn't replacers for the ones from Bethesda

Wouldn't that be renaming them to exactly match the bethesda names like ct77 did for his armor replacer mod? install, run bodyslide to overwrite the bethesda stock models?