Skyrim SE for Beginners - V 3.2.6 (3BBB / HDT-SMP / HPH)

@Sillius_Maximus

On 3/17/2019 at 7:03 PM, Aylis said:

1. I always install the mods in the same order they are listed. At the end, when everything is installed, i manually move the ESM to the top (while keeping the order in which they were installed) and check that the patches are below the mods they are supposed to patch. 

The only problem are the mods that got their patches included in the FOMOD. For everything else simply follow the list, otherwise bad things will happen.

Here we go again with Loot...

On 3/18/2019 at 12:28 PM, Aylis said:

LOOT

You do not need LOOT at all (except to check for possible problems (and have fun with the false positives))! I'm used to NMM where the correct loadorder was extremely important, so this list is built so that it works as it is. The only Thing you have to do is to maybe move a patch or two further down and move the ESM up. Thats all in that regard.

If you guys think you know it better than me then use your damn LOOT! But then its your problem. 

@wollboi

Nope. The problems only appear when you try to convert an armor preset to 3BBB.

1 hour ago, slough_monster said:

If you want to keep things interesting latter in the game, I think using the Morrowloot Ultimate Encounter Zone Update optional file is useful.

I also added heritage. I thought about Skyrim Revamped, but I suspect that it doesn't play nice with Morrowloot. 

I am also using Apocalypse and Mysticism.

Heritage looks pretty cool. It would change the same ole same ole approach when killing npc. (still gonna play an archer archtype though) rather than just hitting them all with fire arrows looks like it's not a one all kill all. The fact that it adds all different classes to each one would make it.. closer to reality.

14 minutes ago, Aylis said:

@slough_monster

1.       I've got to see about that one later.

2+3.  Wouldn't be surprised if both would mess with Morrowloot.

4+5.  Already said 'No' to the first, and the second one adds even more spells than the first... So its a 'No too' ?

I have heritage installed and am currently running as a straight up breton vampire. (ok i added dibellian defender to the list too.. so i'm a naked breton vampire.. ?? I'll be off testing it as a level 4. 

2 hours ago, Aylis said:

@Sillius_Maximus

The only problem are the mods that got their patches included in the FOMOD. For everything else simply follow the list, otherwise bad things will happen.

Here we go again with Loot...

If you guys think you know it better than me then use your damn LOOT! But then its your problem. 

Im not saying I do.  What i was wanting to clarify, is that clearly there are some mod categories which belong at the bottom of the left pane- you have made that clear.

What that tells me- is that perhaps those should be locked in place, because in this case you know better.  But that also assumes that for instance someone isnt using Immersive college of winterhold, or Ineed, or Frostfall and related, etc...  or Cathedral...

hence my question to establish some basic concepts  like - you seem to install loverslab stuff last  that, on this site is perhaps pretty important.

You also do things in a very orderly fashion- which I appreciate.  However, time and time again I see others who would say "IF YOU THINK YOU KNOW MORE"  kind of play fast and loose with some stuff that you dont seem to..

So its not about arguing, i could give 2 shits arguing about loot, especially becase I dont have an iron in that fire.

WHat I was wanting to understand, is the concept, the underlying thought process.  Because there are a crap ton of mods out there  and some fancy moders recommend loot.. so.. the underlying concept that is seemingly so lost when folk just say "go watch 3 hours of youtube videos"  - when a 200 word post would of sufficed..

thanks for the guide, and helping me understand some concepts that were not mentioned in those 3 hours... even if in a hostile manner.

@Sillius_Maximus

Its honestly not you. @Aylis has spent a few hundred hours tweaking this. and every couple of pages people are saying they used loot and loot said this or said that. The only thing i use loot for is to identify dirty mods. The reasoning behind putting the LL towards the bottom.. I dunno. But the sections are all listed like to like. Does it affect sound? y/n if y then into sound category. Does it affect lighting/weather y/n? etc. A couple of changes i have made was only because of mods i use aylis does not. and the conflicts were huge. as in the last one was about 80% of the people in the game had blackface. I had a secondary mod below where it should have been. SKSE being put together (mostly) is just sensible in that if all these mods break when bethesda rolls out a new CC uppdate might as well have them all together. but as far as i can tell the separators are just like mod groupings

17 minutes ago, jaeos said:

@Sillius_Maximus

Its honestly not you. has spent a few hundred hours tweaking this. and every couple of pages people are saying they used loot and loot said this or said that. The only thing i use loot for is to identify dirty mods. The reasoning behind putting the LL towards the bottom.. I dunno. But the sections are all listed like to like. Does it affect sound? y/n if y then into sound category. Does it affect lighting/weather y/n? etc. A couple of changes i have made was only because of mods i use aylis does not. and the conflicts were huge. as in the last one was about 80% of the people in the game had blackface. I had a secondary mod below where it should have been. SKSE being put together (mostly) is just sensible in that if all these mods break when bethesda rolls out a new CC uppdate might as well have them all together. but as far as i can tell the separators are just like mod groupings

Perhaps, even having to reinstall itself takes time....  took me a few hours to simply re-download everything, reinstall, etc...

On the flip side,  "old guard" are dime a dozen telling folk that "Usually, Run loot, and then match the left to the right... (outside of which mod you want to cover grass, and which to cover flowers) thats usually a fool proof way"  Some person tried to help me here, and got very testy when asked their reasoning... yet, their advice was actually a bit different than this post..  Hence, part of it is trying to find out where the line between "His tastes (example noble skyrim)" cross with "Facts- milkmod patches come after milkmod proper, otherwise you get a pop up error in game"

For me- separators make it easier to find mods... and also, since now I know LL can go "last"   I named a seperator "LoversLab 13"

Some sex lab mods even  when you install them, all they show up as "is numbers"  I have a mod in my lovers folder that's nothing but numbers... Now usually I try to manually rename everything to make sense....   if it comes from loverslab  I usually start the name with SL...

1 hour ago, Sillius_Maximus said:

Perhaps, even having to reinstall itself takes time....  took me a few hours to simply re-download everything, reinstall, etc...

On the flip side,  "old guard" are dime a dozen telling folk that "Usually, Run loot, and then match the left to the right... (outside of which mod you want to cover grass, and which to cover flowers) thats usually a fool proof way"  Some person tried to help me here, and got very testy when asked their reasoning... yet, their advice was actually a bit different than this post..  Hence, part of it is trying to find out where the line between "His tastes (example noble skyrim)" cross with "Facts- milkmod patches come after milkmod proper, otherwise you get a pop up error in game"

For me- separators make it easier to find mods... and also, since now I know LL can go "last"   I named a seperator "LoversLab 13"

Some sex lab mods even  when you install them, all they show up as "is numbers"  I have a mod in my lovers folder that's nothing but numbers... Now usually I try to manually rename everything to make sense....   if it comes from loverslab  I usually start the name with SL...

Pretty good idea actually, all of my lovers lab mods are under the heading SLOOT. i put alternate race mods with PC, and since i want certain things (like blue eyes on serana) my serana replacer is above the eye replacer. if i want red eyes, move it below. 

The good thing about MO2 is you can tell if mod A gets changed by mod B just by looking at the left pane, all of the SKSE do not have the + or - lightning bolts, so nothing overwrites those. They can be anywhere in the load order that way. But if you want the Engine Fixes to load first it has to be at the top. So SKSE extensions would make better sense at the top.

I'm simply allergic to LOOT! And it pops up again and again and again... (similar to this)

And when (not 'if') it blows up i usually get blamed for it.

The grouping makes it easier to find problems. 'Black face'? Check 'NPC' and the conflicts there. Animations broken? Check 'Physics and Animation' and/or 'Lovers Lab'. Bethesda dropped an 'update'? Check 'SKSE' and 'UI'.

I've been doing this since FO3 and always had it a lot easier to solve upcoming problems this way. Especially since i started using MO2 as it shows exactly what happens where (aka the overwrites from a different mod).

Another reason is when you have to rebuild from scratch. I would need something around three days to download everything. So its easier to remeber the group that is next than finding the exact spot in a long list where you left off. So what you see in the list here at LL is exactly the same as here on my system and the group names are the separaters i use in MO2.

And now to my first coffee... *crawls off to the coffee machine*

Testing atm:

Bromjunaar Journal                  Small, simple and lorefriendly. Love it! Will be added.

LC Land Lord Armor

LC_Build Your Noble House

Leyenda Skin                            Looked promising at first. Now the same 'Bronze Bug' as with 'Demoniac'.

Skyrim Hearthfire Roads          Doesn't work.

Thistle by Mari SE                     Will be added.

Mods to delete:

Blended Roads                         Not needed anymore - the texture packs cover that part. And another blinking bug gone.

RIS - Blended Roads patch      Not needed anymore.

Watercolor                               'Slow Green' is perfect, until you reach the coast... OA will fix it 'should he ever return to modding'.

Discovered an option (will add it to the description):

Spoiler

As in the list:

701899241_Road1.jpg.2802b2af901a6b42d03ee93b3b28ec4f.jpg

'Tamrielic Textures SE 1 - Landscapes' below 'Skyrim HD III':

187418243_Road2.jpg.ae0fd52a87d03066904101c5d7a13f7c.jpg

10 hours ago, Sillius_Maximus said:

Potastic Panda knows your secrets :)

HA i was watching MXR and loved the saying. I'm fond of using races made by trykz in both fallout and skyrim, so i'm usually not a "game" race. The daughter of coldharbor is fun, but the vampire scripts with better vampires do not fire off correctly. The forest Nymph race, no vampire or werewolf, but you are a 3' little ball fury and spells with 5 different player homes. it doesn't like playing with dangerous nights out of the box (you live in tree houses) fallout i'm almost always A.S.I.A. It a very real possibility for vault tec or the "institute" to be running some pretty jacked up experiments. So why wouldn't one of them be in the cryovault Nora was in. And it went wrong. (i don't think I've even seen a Vault-Tec experimant actually go right morally. So yeah, most of my PC's are rather on the erm.. easy side

Am I right that there's no bodyslide for Unplayable Faction Armor or Nordwar's Vanilla Armor Replacer?

Also, aren't there two patches that should be used for Reliquary of Myth? One to take care of Left Hand Rings and Daedric Voices and one to take care of Morrowloot?

1 hour ago, wollboi said:

Am I right that there's no bodyslide for Unplayable Faction Armor or Nordwar's Vanilla Armor Replacer?

Also, aren't there two patches that should be used for Reliquary of Myth? One to take care of Left Hand Rings and Daedric Voices and one to take care of Morrowloot?

1. So far there are none that i know of. The guards required a separate file too.

2. Yep, during the installation of RoM.

Updating status to '2.1.1'.

Sorry for dropping another update this fast, but i found an error that had to be adressed asap.

'Watercolor' is broken at this point and the OA isn't going to fix this soon ('should i ever return to modding'). Sadly the one option, that would have been perfect, was created with RWT in mind, so it won't work with the setup here. RWT got too many problems for my taste and last time it took me two months to find the culprit for the broken water.

Spoiler

Without 'Watercolor'. 

Water.jpg.bf3587c3b0158d41f4078cf3d1375294.jpg

REMOVED mods:

Area:

Blended Roads                                    Not needed anymore - the texture packs cover that part. And another blinking bug gone.

Textures:

Skyland Watercolor                               'Slow Green' is perfect, until you reach the coast... 

RIS - Blended Roads patch                    Not needed anymore.

ADDED mods:

Area Expansions:

LC_Build Your Noble House                   Very impressive. Couldn't test all (mod is BIG), but what i could test is detailed and working well.

Textures:

RUSTIC RELIEFS

Thistle by Mari SE

Weapons and Armor:

Elven Arrow - Wooden Retexture

Override:

Bromjunaar Journal

Endless Firewood - Chop Forever

MLU - Guards Armor Replacer Patch

Wet and Cold Breath Texture for ENB

Sound:

Guard Dialogue Overhaul SE

Testing atm:

LC Land Lord Armor

Away - Come Away

1 hour ago, Aylis said:

But it got no texture glitches so far. ?

you forgot to add a overlay pack...Freckles and scars. it puts all the freckles you put on aylis actually on her. (or you did and i'm a dumbass and missed it)

Blackthorn would have been fine except another mod overwrote that particular part of the rift and messed it up

35 minutes ago, jaeos said:

you forgot to add a overlay pack...Freckles and scars. it puts all the freckles you put on aylis actually on her. (or you did and i'm a dumbass and missed it)

Blackthorn would have been fine except another mod overwrote that particular part of the rift and messed it up

That one is a bit overkill.

Only so much to the stuff in the brackets: i did (but they are more subtle). :D

But once i'm through with the mods i'm testing here (thanks to the quarantine so much comes up on Nexus) i'll rework my skin a bit. I found a small bug two days ago (only barely visible on 2-3 animations) that i want to fix. Maybe i'll split it again (like the bodyslides) so the updates are easier for me.

On 3/17/2019 at 1:05 PM, Aylis said:

Yellow vs. red vampire eyes

This 'bug' is caused by the placement of 'The Eyes of Beauty - Vampire Eyes'. As you might like this i didn't fix it in the list. 

Effect: Visual

Fix     : Moving 'The Eyes of Beauty - Vampire Eyes' (NPC) below 'The Eyes of Beauty SSE NPC' (NPC) will give you red eyes.

Pandorable Serana comes with blue eyes as well, but those 2 mods must be moved below these 2 mods to give serana and valerica blue eyes

I'm off to get some screenshots of AYLIS with freckles, scars, tattoos and a new hairdo.. ??