[Discontinued] SexLab Light VR patch

[Discontinued] SexLab Light VR patch

View File

This patch is discontinued.

Please use the patch for the full SL instead.

-----------------------------------------

The point of this patch is to try to restore SLLight to functional parity with the full SL and to add some VR specific solutions for it.

Which file to use?

If you do not use VRIK or do not care about 1st person view in animations - use SLLightVRPatch.7z . This is the current "stable" version.

If you want to use VRIK to "participate" in scenes - use one of the files with VRIK in the name. More info here.

What does it do:

- Adds a choice about the player character involvement into the animations that can be set in the new MCM page "VR": 

1. No replacement - just like SL Light is working now

2. Replace the player with a clone of the player character

3. Use follower instead (requires and uses the settings of SexLab Solutions 5.0.7. Make sure this patch is installed after Solutions,)

You can still use the patch without Solutions, this option - to use a follower, will just be unavailable but you could still chose the other two

- Enables the MCM menu of SexLab with the following changes:

- Removed the options for 3rd person camera

- Removed the Journal as SL Light currently doesn't seem to update this info. (Will look into it further)

- Enables sending of mod events, so mods like Cumshot,  SLSolutions and Defeat now work correctly. (tested with Solutions)

Note: Install this patch only on a save where SL Light has already been installed.

About using a follower: After setting up Solutions check the MCM of this mod to see if a follower is been found. If not - use the spell in Solutions to choose a follower.

Credits:

Ashal - for SL

Vinfamy - for SL Light

Xiderpunk and Min - for ideas about how to handle the PC clone

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    03/17/2019
  • Category
  • Requires
    Sex Lab Light, SKSEVR
  • Regular Edition Compatible
    No

For reference the old thread is here. It was used when the mod was just a series of experiments to see what is possible.

There is a new version of VRIK that doesn't require VR Body and works really well. It is compatible with SL Light. In the next few days I'm going to experiment with it to see if some additional changes are needed to support it better. Not sure how usable this is for a playthru but it is interesting to experiment with. Probably a list of animations that are appropriate to use with it can be made.

I'm also working on recovering the statistics functionality in SL Light.

Thanks a ton for this, everything seems to be working but just the positioning with animations. The players body spins around when trying to move and the head is always in a fixed place depending on what type of animation it is. I'll try to further elaborate if need be.

40 minutes ago, B0ss plz said:

Thanks a ton for this, everything seems to be working but just the positioning with animations. The players body spins around when trying to move and the head is always in a fixed place depending on what type of animation it is. I'll try to further elaborate if need be.

Which body mod are you using?

The update for VRIK was released just some hours ago. I tested it quickly before work and I saw that the animation starts but I didn't have more time to experiment what the differences between VR body and the new VRIK are. Plan to test more tonight.

One important thing for everybody who is uninstalling VRBody is to do it in the correct way, not just disable the mod.

Amazing. 1st person really does it for VR. I don't know why, but watching action from the side compared to 1st person even if the view isn't great, 1st person wins by a mile.

I can just disable the VR body mod if I'll load a save which hasn't known the mod right? -Edit: this is correct.

But yeah apart from 1 time I had same stuff as B0ss, I'm using cbbe, the view position is kinda stuck in place (with the animation not the world) and as a funny touch the walking sound runs at about 6000 rpm in the background.

edit: gz for 1337 posts.

1 hour ago, prinyo said:

Which body mod are you using?

The update for VRIK was released just some hours ago. I tested it quickly before work and I saw that the animation starts but I didn't have more time to experiment what the differences between VR body and the new VRIK are. Plan to test more tonight.

One important thing for everybody who is uninstalling VRBody is to do it in the correct way, not just disable the mod.

I'm using SoS, playing as male. And now that you've said that these a new version of VRIK that makes sense.

50 minutes ago, wadarkhu2 said:

gz for 1337 posts.

Cool ?

It seems to me VRIK works in a different way than VRbody so I guess changes need to be made in the SLVR patch to make it work in the best way. I guess it might take several days of tweaking and experimenting. I would also appreciate some help from people who are more aware of things like animations, markers and so on.

Dear Prinyo,

great job you did there! Thank you!

Do you think there are further improvements with first person scene mode that can be made with a realistic (reasonable) amount of work? I tested with VR Body and it works but the positioning is quite off (you already mentioned in the other thread that it only works for standing scenes). Also the VR Body does not seem to be animated?

5 hours ago, kleinpoe said:

Do you think there are further improvements with first person scene mode that can be made with a realistic (reasonable) amount of work? I tested with VR Body and it works but the positioning is quite off (you already mentioned in the other thread that it only works for standing scenes). Also the VR Body does not seem to be animated?

Updated the description of the mod with info on this.

Is there a way to adjust penis angle during a scene in VR? Seems like the keyboard commands don’t work on my end. 

Its definitely a trip being able to take part in SL in first person! I was definitely team clone initially but excited to see where FIrst Person SL can go! If you need help or testing lmk.

24 minutes ago, BakunyuuWaifu said:

Is there a way to adjust penis angle during a scene in VR? Seems like the keyboard commands don’t work on my end. 

Its definitely a trip being able to take part in SL in first person! I was definitely team clone initially but excited to see where FIrst Person SL can go! If you need help or testing lmk.

I was team "follower" as I don't recognize the clone as been "me" and the dude that appears just to have sex around me was disturbing me ?

But since I realized yesterday that the new VRIK body can be glitched to accept animations and have been experimenting with it and seeing how great it works in some scenes this is definitely the way forward. For now any future development in this area depends on the author of VRIK who said he will "look into it". So hopefully soon there will be a version of VRIK that will have the  option to accept animations properly.

About the schlong bending, I haven't tested any keyboard shortcuts. I'll look at adding those options to the Scene Controller. I'm also looking at restoring the statistics that SL writes and that mods like SL Aroused needs.

If somebody has any ideas about possible additions and functionality - let me know.

1 hour ago, minisith said:

Thank you!  That was a mod I absolutely wanted in my VR mod list.  Oldrim defeat does not even allow the game to load, same thing with SE.  and when I disable it off of the MO load order but keep it loaded on the mod order it bugs out VRIK were the body spazzes out and then disappears.  :(

Did you re-save it in CK? Did you put VRIK at the bottom of the  mod list (on the left in MO)?

There is some kind of a problem with your setup. Maybe try with a smaller selection of mods active to see if there is a conflict.

18 hours ago, hegel77z said:

With SL lite, is there anyway to manually add more animations either through SLAL or a more manual method?

Currently all the animations are hard-coded in one of the main scripts of SL Light, I think the most practical solution would be to try and make SL Light work with SLAL. Will look at it in the next days.

18 hours ago, prinyo said:

Currently all the animations are hard-coded in one of the main scripts of SL Light, I think the most practical solution would be to try and make SL Light work with SLAL. Will look at it in the next days.

Looking forward to it, thanks!

So this doesn't work for me. When I try moving away nothing happens. Using teleport movement immediately puts me back in the same spot. What ends up happening is that the player body shows up and does the animation, but it turns with my head and the alignment is way off.

19 hours ago, haxmo said:

So this doesn't work for me.

I assume by "this" you mean the animated player body.

Currently there is no proper, supported way of doing it. What I have described in the description of the mod is a glitch that somehow breaks the IK calculations of the VRIK body.

It is basically exploiting a bug in order to make the body behave in a way that was not intended.

It works OK for some animations but not with others.

What the mod is made to do is to constantly calculate the position of the different parts of the body based on the position of the controller and the headset in RL. So the body will want to stay upright and not moving. What you see when an animation starts is this system fighting the animation. Running away seems to overload it and shut it down for some reason.

I have discussed this with the author of the VRIK body mod and he said he might implement some options in the next versions of the mod. He said however that he is not going to test cases and mods that can not be used on the "family computer". So we are so close, yet so far away from having a properly animated PC body. The glitch I have descried is a "preview" of what can be, but not a solid solution.

At the moment I'm not aware of any other mod that comes even close to what VRIK can offer in terms of SL integration so we just need to wait and see.

wow 1st person in vr sex scenes is an exciting breakthrough!!  I have been holding off switching from FG to SL but this is making me want to switch now!  I will be watching this thread!

Question for Prinyo: does your Aroused SL mod affect your VRIK body's schlong?  I am using Aroused FG with revealing armours and while the male NPCs around me get SOS erections, my VRIK body's schlong just stays flaccid despite arousal showing 100%.  Not sure if that is a VRIK issue or a FG Aroused issue (using the erection spell in SOS gives my VRIK body a hardon), but if you aren't experiencing the issue with SL then I won't worry about it because I will hopefully ditch FG soon!

8 hours ago, prinyo said:

I assume by "this" you mean the animated player body.

I can see the player body doing the animation. The problem is the body moves around (and turns) with my headset and is misaligned. Maybe VRIK needs to be configured a certain way? I have heightAdjustMode = 0

On 3/31/2019 at 11:14 PM, haxmo said:

I have heightAdjustMode = 0

I have it set to 1.

As I said it is a glitch so the result can be different each time. It does also depend on the animation. You can use the SexLab Scene Controller that is in your inventory to change the animation. I have experienced situations where one and the same animation works very well and then later the same animation getting really broken.

One additional thing I have noticed: At the start of a scene SL will put all participants in the same place (inside each-other). Depending on different factors this stage can end very quickly, but it can also persist for several seconds. If you find youself clipping thru somebody's head don't do anything, just wait for this stage to end and the animation to start before moving or trying anything.

19 hours ago, VRNord said:

wow 1st person in vr sex scenes is an exciting breakthrough!!  I have been holding off switching from FG to SL but this is making me want to switch now!  I will be watching this thread!

In order to do some expectations management I need to stress that the animated PC involvement in animations is not an officially supported feature and it might take months before it becomes one. I have shared the info about the glitch because it is generally harmless and fun to experiment with.  In my experience about 30% of all scenes I "participated" into went in a satisfying way. Doing the glitch is more like smelling the cake, but not exactly getting to eat it yet. ?

You can use both FG and SL Light at the same time. I think the best is to indeed have them both and then see which of them you use most. There are no downsides to having both at the same time.

Yes, SLAroused does affect the VRIK body the same way it affects the NPCs.

Now that we have the script extender, what are the chances of getting a VR patch for the full version of Sexlab SE?

Another thing, would there be a way to get a "floating penis" working? The body seems to get in the way during half the animations and I think it would be immersive enough to just have the hands and penis working if nothing else is figured out.

EDIT:  I've also discovered that adding the line "bAllowVRCheating=1" to SkyrimVR.ini let's you move your body around the scene freely in roomscale. This doesn't fix the animations that are just too janky but it does make it easy to adjust yourself in ones that are just slightly misaligned. It also makes the game more immersive by letting you get closer to NPC's. There might be other ini tweaks like this out there that make the mod work better. I used Skryim VR configuration tool to find this one.