[Discontinued] SexLab Light VR patch

10 hours ago, Gerbil75 said:

Active in male role : view turned 180°

Active in female role: view turned 180°

Passive in female role: OK 

Passive in male role: OK

I don't understand what you mean by active and passive.

Imagine a BJ animation. There are 2 actors - one that receives the blowjob ('male position') and one that gives it ('female position').

The gender of the character is not important here - you can have a male NPC in the female position and a female NPC in the male position (with a strapon).

The position where each character will be put is decided by the mods that trigger animations. I can add a setting that would override this and always put the player in one of the positions, but I have noticed that different animations will rotate different roles.

Short question to be sure .

Is it ok to deinstall the older version and instrall the newer version at  once or should i first deinstall the older patch ,make a save game without the VR Patch and install then the newer version ? I ask because you said for a first time installing a VR Patch it is important to install it on an enabled sexlab light version .

29 minutes ago, MoaMoa said:

Short question to be sure .

Is it ok to deinstall the older version and instrall the newer version at  once or should i first deinstall the older patch ,make a save game without the VR Patch and install then the newer version ? I ask because you said for a first time installing a VR Patch it is important to install it on an enabled sexlab light version .

You can just uninstall one and install the other, no need to do anything else.

Ah, my bad. Then active is equal to male role and passive to female.

What i was referring to with roles was the "normal" situation for the specific animation, as confirmation. Though it is still unclear to me why my view is mostly set to the female position... do you have the same problem or is it just me?

I have this effect in all Leito animations (which seem to be among the most common ones used in SL). Only few others are playing "correctly", but maybe in these anims, male/female is switched indeed. 

I also was briefly testing the SL scene control item in VR, but using features such as "realign" or "rotate" moved the chars from the spot, e.g. below the floor

32 minutes ago, Gerbil75 said:

Though it is still unclear to me why my view is mostly set to the female position... do you have the same problem or is it just me?

It will depend on the mod you are using. What mod are you using to start the animations?

Mods like Random Sex or Carnival work as expected for me.

Update: 

After making a completely new profile and starting a new game, only installing minimal mods: Still facing backwards often, no matter whether i trigger with Matchmaker, Carnival or Follow me.

Most irritating is that i cannot get HMD lock to work anymore... no matter in which combination with the other settings, when i move the head the whole scene moves with me, no ruberband effect. I am at a total loss here :-/.  Maybe thats a problem related to using MO2? Where exactly is that entry stored?

And just and idea for the future (maybe you are already plannig it): It might be a good idea to make the 1st person only applicable to certain animations and use the clone/follower for the others. But for this you would need some kind of whitelist for vr-compatible animations. With this, you could  have a dialog at the start asking if the scene should use 1st person or alternative, restrict all animations with player involved in general or create a trigger-spell.

20 hours ago, Gerbil75 said:

After making a completely new profile and starting a new game, only installing minimal mods: Still facing backwards often, no matter whether i trigger with Matchmaker, Carnival or Follow me.

Can you test with the older VR patch (the one without the VRIK tweaks)?

Ok, i will try the previous version again.

btw., i still was unable to get HDM lock working again, still trying ? Reinstalled labs, patch, solution and played with installl/load order... no way. I had it working at least once, but i cannot get the body sticky to the animation AND being able to move the head a bit without moving the whole scene.

As i HAD it working i think i is a conflict or a script needed from another mod. Therefore, could you please tell me:

-What ist your install/load order for VR patch and solutions (for example solutions has another version of the ssv3handler, which one should be active?) 

- Which other mods you have active that have conflicts with Lab Light or the patch (e.g. matchmaker,  Papyrus VR Utils or so) and whats the install order?

Plus it seems that using the VR options during a scene might end up with the user controls still deactivated after the scene (tried to initiate a new scene directly after to change that back, but didn't work).

Update: 

Still trying, adjusted load order, the 180° problem is probably related to the HMD option. Will test and update in this post...

- All options off: Works fine, but if you move your head the view stays as it is (the scene moves with you)

- Changed to only head tracking on: Seemed fine, but sometimes slighty off position

- Changed back to all off ... Now char faces wrong direction....

- Loaded  the save with all off, which previously was fine, now usual problem, even when restarting the game.

Might have been pure coincidence that i had 4 working animations before, but thats very unlikely.

Is it possible that there is a problem with saving the changes/options? Do you use toggle there? E.g. when you click HMD off, load a save where it was on it the is shown as "on" but indeed is "off"? I can find no pattern in which settings are working and which aren't.

Update2:

Finished an intensive test with recent patch and multiple combinations of the options:

In nearly all animations alignment of the chars as well as the view (in relation to the PC body itself) is correct, but the positions of the PC and NPC are simply switched. 

Only some animations from specific pack, namely leito, result in heads turned 180. This seems independend of any combination of option.

Though, still cannot get back the combination of a free moving head with a locked PC body. I think it should have been HMD on, Head off and block control on, but no combination works atm. Also tried already with reinstall of SL, Patch, PapyrusVR and VRIK using a clean save. Maybe the entry is hidden somewhere else?

And Finally Update 3:

With the non-VRKI patch, positions seem to be ok (only the twisted head with the Leito-animations, but that is probably related to the anims themselves).

tl;dr:

A) Something in the VRKI-Version seems to be switching the character positions

B) HMD-lock not working  after switching on and off once? (i had it working once, maybe a toggle in the on/off function?)

C) Changing option for "block control" from on to off during animation affects the char after ending, making him unuseable. (No fix so far , previous save must be loaded)

Sorry for the late reply, I have been quite busy this week and didn't have the time to test.

On 9/25/2019 at 4:19 PM, Gerbil75 said:

Changing option for "block control" from on to off during animation affects the char after ending, making him unuseable. (No fix so far , previous save must be loaded)

Yes, if you enter the animation with the option "on" and turn it off while in animation then the controls will not be enabled as the setting is "off" and all the relevant code is skipped. But I see how this can be problematic so in the next version of the patch the control will always be re-enabled.

HMD-lock not working  after switching on and off once? (i had it working once, maybe a toggle in the on/off function?)

Hmm, it is possible there is a bug, will test it.

In my understanding with the setting "off" the body will follow the headset, and if "on" the body will stay in the position where the animation puts it and the headset will be forced to align with it. I think the "off" is the better option as a default - some animations put you head really close to the NPC or in  some cases there can be misalignment issues. But for seated playing "on" will be better.

Something in the VRKI-Version seems to be switching the character positions

There is nothing in the code that would switch positions. It is been decided by the mod you use to start the scene.

as well as the view (in relation to the PC body itself) is correct,

With the non-VRKI patch, positions seem to be ok (only the twisted head with the Leito-animations, but that is probably related to the anims themselves).

This is a bit confusing for me because my current understanding is that this depends on the position in the animation and only happens when the IK of VRIK is disabled. This is how I'm currently attempting to solve the rotation issue - disabling the IK not before, but just after the animation has started. The issue now is - exactly when and how.

By the way there is a mod - Skyrim VR Tools, that allows mods to get access to the controller inputs and hand gestures. Will look at it to see what is possible.

On 9/28/2019 at 3:08 PM, prinyo said:

Hmm, it is possible there is a bug, will test it.

In my understanding with the setting "off" the body will follow the headset, and if "on" the body will stay in the position where the animation puts it and the headset will be forced to align with it. I think the "off" is the better option as a default - some animations put you head really close to the NPC or in  some cases there can be misalignment issues. But for seated playing "on" will be better.

Actually thats what i meant when i was talking about rubberbanding... i had this only working once, when i tried the new patch for the first time.

The result was:

- The body was locked in the animation, but when you moved your head, it did not move the whole room!

- Instead you could move your view freely about 20 cm in all directions and rotate about 45°.

- If you moved too far, then your view was very slowly returned to the starting position (liek a rubberband that pulls you back)

- Only if you rotated too much, then the char did move from its position

But sadly i was not able to reproduce this setting... that was very immersive and absolutely the best option! I really hope we can figure out how to get back to that. ( Or do you have this effect already? Then it is something with my setting.)

There is nothing in the code that would switch positions. It is been decided by the mod you use to start the scene.

This only affects the role ( but yeah, only noticed now that in matchmaker this is according to the order you cast the spells. That was one of my problems, indeed).

But what i meant was the absolute position of the characters

Example::

"M/F" = visible, relative (!) bodies,

"><" = body/view direction (< means looking to the right)

x/y = absolute position male/female

Now:

BJ animation, standing, characters facing each other

--> male (i.e. receiving char) standing left and looking to the east, female kneeling right and facing west :   

M<      >F

x           y

But with the latest version, the male stands right and still faces east while the female (still facing weat) is one the left side. So they now are positioned back-to-back:

>F        M <

y         x

This also explains why sometimes the other char seems alright but a bit off position or angles are shifted,.. for example in the Leito doggystile scene.

In these cases the relative bodies in the animations are not at the true positions. Dependend on the offset between the absolute position and the relative body in the animation, these scenes might look like nomal at first (because you are facing the other char), but are either to close (A)  or too far away (B) :  

A) Slight offset (probably normal for most animations):

M<             >F

x    y        

result: 

M<>F 

y    x            

B)  "switched" relative (!) positions, would not affect animation normally: 

F<    >M   

x     y         

result: 

F<             >M

y     x   

Hope i could make it more clear now.^^

By the way there is a mod - Skyrim VR Tools, that allows mods to get access to the controller inputs and hand gestures. Will look at it to see what is possible.

Oh yeah, right! I also saw that input grabber on Nexus yesterday and wanted to tell you about it.. this might come in handy. Also i switched to openvr instead of steamvr for starting Skyrim.... nice thing, and i think there was a slight improvement in performance

On 9/28/2019 at 6:59 PM, Gerbil75 said:

Hope i could make it more clear now

Uhmm, so the problem is that the body is not positioned where the animation wants it to be and facing the right direction.

But are you sure that the setting to lock the HMD to the body is actually on? I haven't had the time to test it yet.

At the moment the main problem I'm trying to fix is the rotation - when the camera doesn't rotate with the body and you get to look at the back of your head. It doesn't seem to happen with many animations, but is very creepy, so I would like to have a solution.

I was alone in the office in the past week and I didn't have the energy to test and debug. Hopefully in the next few days I'll be able to upload a new version.

Well, about the HMD lock...

i just know that i had it working as described once when the latest patch was new (locked body to animation, free moving view, soft rubberband-effect when moving head to far). But no matter what i tried so far, i cannot reproduce it anymore.

So i guess either there is an entry/file somewhere that i cannot reset or it is related to the load/install order.

While i am looking forward to the next update: Don't push yourself too much. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm using the 2019-09-22 patch from the thread. Trying with simple set of modules - SL light 011, schlongs VR, fnis and creature pack, cbpc, SkyUI vr beta 4, mfgfix, papyrus util VR and jcontainers VR (papyrus is before SL light, so SL light overwrites part of it). Matchmaker to test scenes.

Sexlab Light doesn't have option for picking SL player gender (it has the header, but no selector), and no matter what I try, the scenes seem to insist that the player character is male - when it's supposed to be female. Is this a known issue, a common problem, or just something that's probably caused by my particular set of mods?

Also haven't been able to get any creature animations to start so far - does SL Light still need something other than just fnis and fnis creature pack to support them?

-- edit --

Reinstalling everything from scratch seems to have cleared the gender issue, and got some creature animations working (installed creature framework, immersive creatures, BDIC, more nasty critters, hentai creatures to test out them. I think I probably had non-vr version of either papyrus or json utils - possibly both. The SL MCM still doesn't have selector for SL PC gender though.. but it does recognize it correctly.

I seem to have mixed results trying to get things to work on Skyrim VR / SL Light. Does anyone have an actually working setup for SL Defeat on VR? Either SE or LE version. The list of known working mods lists LE version as working.. I tried with LE, converting through creation kit, but FNIS complains about behavior file when I try to run it - and in game everything is T-posed. Never tried to convert behavior files, although I guess I could see if it were possible to just copy them from the SE version. The SE version works slightly better, but creature scenes don't trigger animations (PC just stands there), and on either one the scene never ends - NPCs remain pasified forever, and PC doesn't get controls released back. Also trying to touch the animation settings, or list allowed races, will instantly CTD the game.

1 hour ago, reikiri said:

Does anyone have an actually working setup for SL Defeat on VR?

Not sure if you are asking if somebody has it working at all or working with animal animations.

It works for me, but I don't have the creatures enabled.

I'm not sure what mods do you use for those animations. I see people talking about MNC and other creature mods, but I still believe that you only need SL Light and the mod that adds schlongs for creatures and nothing else. Regardless, it seems the problem you have is with the creature mods, not with Defeat.

1 hour ago, prinyo said:

Not sure if you are asking if somebody has it working at all or working with animal animations.

It works for me, but I don't have the creatures enabled.

I'm not sure what mods do you use for those animations. I see people talking about MNC and other creature mods, but I still believe that you only need SL Light and the mod that adds schlongs for creatures and nothing else. Regardless, it seems the problem you have is with the creature mods, not with Defeat.

That would be creature framework (the one that 'equips' critters).. but it does use other mods to provide models - but that sounds like it pretty much uses the same kind of setup as SL full for creatures.

And.. that kind of depends. Do you have the oldrim or the newrim defeat working? Because for oldrim version, I couldn't convert it properly (I think). And the newrim version.. didn't really work right for me even for bandit scene - it -kind- of played through, but never released control. I'm not saying there's necessarily bug/incompatibility, just that I couldn't get it to work - so looking for confirmation of ... which one works, and if it works fully.. and if so, what mods does it need, in what load order etc - basically things that would help me find out what I'm doing wrong.

SL Light 011

VR patch 2019 09 22

SL aroused (SE)

creature framework (SE)

BD immersive creatures SE

schlongs SE VR

more nasty critters SE

hentai creatures SE

horny creatures of skyrim SE

SL aroused cratures SE

SL dripping when aroused

SL matchmaker

(sexlab) Werewolves

SL solutions revisited

SL dangerous nights 2 SE

SL hentai pregnancy SE 2019 (testing to see how well it works, but probably dropping this out before starting an actual playthrough.. and didn't contribute to the problems)

== SL Defeat (tried both SE and LE versions here)

Carnival

That's the SL related mods I have installed. The esm/esp load order is same as the install order.

-- edit --

Oh, and VRIK installed after those. For the most part, things work pretty well together. Creature animations themselves work (tested with hentai creatures), and creature framework seems to 'equip' the creatures as it should.

-- edit 2 --

So f.ex., are you able to set the animation settings in defeat (e.g. animation tags to avoid and such)?

Well.. for the menu crashes - basically anything on MCM menu, that calls UILIB to open new windows (for example anything opening animation tag lists on animation settings page), seems to instantly CTD for me. UILIB in turn calls UI from SKSE(VR), so.. that's as far as I can track it down.

Does this happen to everyone using Defeat - or is it just something in my own setup, so I can actually try and figure out what I'm doing wrong?

(for example, clicking the 'aggressive' item on the menu, in the picture, will CTD the game for me)

crash.jpg.20d07f787ba1cfdf321dede0260886b8.jpg

20 hours ago, reikiri said:

Does this happen to everyone using Defeat - or is it just something in my own setup, so I can actually try and figure out what I'm doing wrong?

Yes, it does happen to me too. I guess this is an issue with SKSE that we can report and see if somebody can fix.

On 10/18/2019 at 7:49 PM, reikiri said:

it -kind- of played through, but never released control.

Reading the details you posted it seems you have problems with scenes in Defeat that involve the player character.

This is something I disabled immediately when I installed Defeat, I disable anything that would unexpectedly take control away, including the vanilla melee stagger mechanic. So my experience with Defeat is mostly on NPC vs NPC base. What I have also done however is starting a scene (PC and NPC) with the menu for downed enemies and also participate in 3somes in scenes initiated by follower. And all those cases do work as expected. In all those cases I have been an "Aggressor".

So the problem is:

On 10/18/2019 at 4:39 PM, reikiri said:

NPCs remain pasified forever, and PC doesn't get controls released back.

This can mean that Defeat is not getting the mod event it expects at the end of the scene. But the other cases involving the PC do work, so it would be strange if there is a specific event attached to the specific situation. Can you try to disable all post-assault and trauma effects and see if this helps? Or change the settings in a way that you are the aggressor, instead of the victim and see if this changes something?

1 hour ago, prinyo said:

Yes, it does happen to me too. I guess this is an issue with SKSE that we can report and see if somebody can fix.

Reading the details you posted it seems you have problems with scenes in Defeat that involve the player character.

This is something I disabled immediately when I installed Defeat, I disable anything that would unexpectedly take control away, including the vanilla melee stagger mechanic. So my experience with Defeat is mostly on NPC vs NPC base. What I have also done however is starting a scene (PC and NPC) with the menu for downed enemies and also participate in 3somes in scenes initiated by follower. And all those cases do work as expected. In all those cases I have been an "Aggressor".

So the problem is:

This can mean that Defeat is not getting the mod event it expects at the end of the scene. But the other cases involving the PC do work, so it would be strange if there is a specific event attached to the specific situation. Can you try to disable all post-assault and trauma effects and see if this helps? Or change the settings in a way that you are the aggressor, instead of the victim and see if this changes something?

After testing it for a couple of days - yes, turning off the trauma effect makes it more reliable. Also managed to get the creature part working - but I had to take out the 'allowedcreature' test from the mod (defeatconfig script, line 1459), and recompile the scripts. It seems that sexlab light may have some problems with sslCreatureAnimationSlots, in particular when handling the RaceKeys. For one, I think it doesn't call the RegisterRaces function - although adding call to it into LoadLibs (sslConfigMenu, line 87 after CreatureSlots is defined) wasn't enough to make Defeat work with creatures 'out of box'.. I think it would probably really need SkyUI VR to work with UILIB.  It's getting close enough to be useful though.

Something possibly related, the way SL light installs animations (at least creature ones) seems to use more limited number of tags on some animations - f.ex. MNC (Canine) DayelyteCanineFun:

original MNC has tags: tags="Dayelyte,Bestiality,Wolf,Dog,Canine,Doggystyle,Vaginal"

sslCreatureAnimationDefaults has tags:

String[] Tags = new String[2]
    Tags[0] = "MNC"
    Tags[1] = "Bestiality"

I don't know if that makes a difference or not though, it seems things are based more on racial types than tags. It might still rely on some tags, e.g. 'Vaginal'.

On a side note - yes, I took out the vanilla stagger mechanic too, it can get really.. disorienting when playing in VR. Basically the only thing I use from Defeat is to use it as a sort of 'death alternative' mod. I've still to figure out why on going to bleedout I get this silly effect of being flung out, like from a huge knockback effect. Disabled all combat related mods I could think of - but it still happens. Maybe it's something in vanilla game, I don't know.. may need to test that out.

but I had to take out the 'allowedcreature' test from the mod

Are you testing this with vanilla creatures or with creatures added by a mod?

SL Light is a closed system - there is almost no integration possible with external animation lists, races or anything. Only whatever is defined in the mod itself will be used.

My plan is to try and look at those options next - after a satisfactory implementation of VRIK support is done. Main concern been SLAL - this would also fix the issue with the tags.

This makes, for example, the situation with ZAZ a bit confusing because mods that call animations directly via ZAZ do work, but mods that expect the ZAZ animations to be in the SL registry will not.

I'm having issues making some functionality of PapyrusUtilVR work (mostly JSON Util) and I don't know if it is a problem with my setup or not. So first I'll need to try and resolve that.

For one, I think it doesn't call the RegisterRaces function - although adding call to it into LoadLibs (sslConfigMenu, line 87 after CreatureSlots is defined) wasn't enough to make Defeat work with creatures 'out of box'..

I think RegisterRaces is called at setup only in SexLabFramework.psc . I would expect mods that add creatures need to call AddRaceID as part of their setup.

This can be tested on a clean save (to trigger SLLight install) with some debugging output: if RegisterRaces really called, if SexLabQuestRegistry is found...

seems to use more limited number of tags on some animations

Yes, this is a problem as it causes mods to see and use less animations than they are supposed to and some mods would even not find any. Reenabling SLAL support seems the best solution.

although adding call to it in [...]

My experience is that when Vinfamy branched SL Light he didn't delete code, but commented it out. So if there is no commented line this means that a call was never supposed to be there. 

5 hours ago, prinyo said:

Are you testing this with vanilla creatures or with creatures added by a mod?

Vanilla creatures (skeever, wolf, etc - the most basic of basics). There's no question the animations exist for those races. Defeat does a call for SL to check for available race keys - and gets back an error as I recall, for an empty array.

I think RegisterRaces is called at setup only in SexLabFramework.psc . I would expect mods that add creatures need to call AddRaceID as part of their setup.

This can be tested on a clean save (to trigger SLLight install) with some debugging output: if RegisterRaces really called, if SexLabQuestRegistry is found...

Yes, no need to even test - Setup() is the only place where RegisterRaces is called from. It's possible it is only needed when the animations are initially set up - and the actual race list only needs what's tagged into animations. I'll need to look at that. But also - SL originally has functions to save and restore profiles and I think some other data.. which is commented out. Not sure about that but the whole Json part of the SL may have been wiped out - certainly a lot of it has been. It's possible that with the functionality that's gutted out, the part of SL that Defeat (for creatures) depends on, is dysfunctional - and the problem may be deeper than just the race registering.. and at either rate the library load would not be a good place to drop that call.. I did it because it was easy. : ) Putting it into game load would make more sense - if it were needed in the first place.

Yes, this is a problem as it causes mods to see and use less animations than they are supposed to and some mods would even not find any. Reenabling SLAL support seems the best solution.

Yes, SLAL was the next thing I was looking at too - because the way I use Defeat, kind of depends on (among other things) having at least -one- animation available for every single creature in the game... well, as far as animations for them exist. And for those that it doesn't.. I'll need to look into tweaking it so that it doesn't just kill you off outright. I would probably pair it with DAYMOYL, but it depends on SKSE64, and seems kind of unmaintained by now.. so not really an option.

And of course there's always preferences and such, and not enough room in registry to include -everything-, so eventually it comes to pick-and-choose.. I could stuff new animations into default registry of course, and create a script to give me the setup needed for them (tags etc).. but since someone already did all that work (SLAL), it makes more sense to just look into re-integrating it. >.> Unfortunate that I don't have nearly as much time as I used to.

Defeat for example seems to have separate function to call different types of scenes (e.g. BJ) which necessarily depend on tags. Fortunately it seems they have couple default animations set up in case they fail to find any - but yes, it does make the list a whole lot shorter and repetitive.

My experience is that when Vinfamy branched SL Light he didn't delete code, but commented it out. So if there is no commented line this means that a call was never supposed to be there. 

And I'm glad of it - makes it a lot easier to find answers when something doesn't do what you expect it to. There's so much stuff cut out - in particular json stuff - that restoring some of it would be a major undertaking. And if that depends on SKSE - and the whole point is to make SL Light -not- require SKSE, then I don't know. Maybe I'd be better off pulling out SL Full and just cutting out the nioverride from it - then again if UILIB doesn't work with SKSE VR, there's no telling what else doesn't.

And thanks for the answers - helps a lot in clearing out some things, since I just started looking through these things now. I poked at Skyrim VR pretty much the day it was released - saw the awesome potential it has.. and also how it's crippled by lack of mod support. Basically made me not want to play flatrim anymore, because of how much better the whole thing is in VR.. and not want to play it in VR because of how much it still lacks. Ended up kind of taking a break for a year or so, until SKSE and some other basic things start catching up. : )