[Discontinued] SexLab Light VR patch

10 hours ago, Cristhalion said:

Hi prinyo - 

Any chance of getting this to work with Cumshot?  Flowergirls has a patch, so it seems like it's technically feasible.  That would be another gap to SL Full that gets closed.  Cheers!

Is it actually working with FG in VR? My understanding is that it doesn't work because there is no NetImmerse Override for VR.

The VR patch for SL Light does reenable sending of all mod events so if/when NIOverride gets available Cumshot  should work.

On 7/24/2019 at 4:52 AM, prinyo said:

Is it actually working with FG in VR? My understanding is that it doesn't work because there is no NetImmerse Override for VR.

The VR patch for SL Light does reenable sending of all mod events so if/when NIOverride gets available Cumshot  should work.

Yes, Erstam built into the latest release.  Per the mod page:  "Flower Girls has its own built-in animation flags to decide whether there's a visible ejaculation, and Cumshot is using those."

It works great.  I would even settle for a VR friendly hot key that would trigger it.  Anyway, one of the major gaps in SL Light when compared to SL Full that I hope can get closed.  Thanks as always for your hard work here!

On 7/24/2019 at 3:45 AM, Cristhalion said:

Any chance of getting this to work with Cumshot? 

So it seems I have missed the Orgasm mod event when reenabling the events SL sends.

Replace the sslActorAlias.pex in the patch with this one:

sslActorAlias.pex

I did some tests and Cumshot works with it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/4/2019 at 10:02 AM, oberag said:

question about face animation during scene

Added this to the list of "things to look at" .

Enabled the expressions in the main script but it sill doesn't seem to work. I have never used the expressions however so I'm not sure I'm testing correctly. There are 3 script files about expressions and I haven't looked at them in detail yet. But if this depends on pleasure and experience then it would be a bigger problem because those calculations are disabled in SL Light and I prefer to keep it this way.

• 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, MoaMoa said:

Hi all short Question ..what means install Vrik without VR Body ?   Vrik 07 is out now and i couldnt find a "without VR body" File or Option .

So could someone explain me that ?

The description is a bit outdated. I'm planning to change it next week when, hopefully, add a new version.

VRIK 0.7 is OK, you can use that.

• 2 weeks later...

Experimental VRIK support added. Please test and share your experience - what works and what doesn't.

VRIK 0.7 is required.

I'm uploading this so it can be tested by more people - providing your feedback will help a lot in further refining the script. Also - from my tests most animations are OK  and it is an interesting and immersive experience (will also make you think about getting hidef body textures ? )

How good the experience is will depend mostly on the animations. There are 700 animations in SL Light - the experience will vary. When the player character is standing it should always work OK, lying down animations can be a bit confusing at first, but they should also be mostly fine.

Problematic in my testing are the cases where the animation itself rotates the player character as VRIK seems can't handle that at the moment. Please let me know what your observations are.

In some cases it is possible there is camera shake at the start of the animation. It should stop within few seconds. If it doesn't: look forward and press the run input on your controller (for example the top part of the left pad on the Vive wands). The screen will go black and you will be sent back to the animation with no shaking. Still working on getting this completely right, it should be OK in most cases.

In some cases you will be able to see inside your body and the body of the partner. In most animations this is preventable by simply moving your head. I have lowered the nearDistance parameters of both the game and VRIK to minimize this as much as possible. It happens because the characters in an animation have no collision (you can also walk within NPCs having sex). My understanding is that this can not be completely fixed, also logically - not sure what you are supposed to see when your eyes are inside of the NPC. All ideas are welcome.

------------------

Edit on 21-10-2019

There is an update that has a different approach to integrating with VRIK that should fix the issues with the rotation.

Seems to be working well so far. I did notice the rotation issue, specifically that the PC's body will rotate with my headset alignment. Also like you said rotations that rotate the pc 180 degrees dont translate well and looks like something out of the exorcist.

One thing I've come across is that any extra animation that's triggered during the scene will reset my pc to their idle animation. So things like physical sneaking or jumping or the stagger effect from spank that ass will reset the scene animation entirely. Is there was a way to lock out external animations during sexlab scenes?

could you please tell me your Vrik settings? I had have a Sex Szene on a floor and my Body (VR Body) was half inside the Floor. The Body from my Partner was correct on the Floor. Maybe 

i can change some settings in Vrik to 

correct it? 

@prinyo another short question. 

is the orgasm mod ending 

now includet? 

22 minutes ago, MoaMoa said:

I had have a Sex Szene on a floor and my Body (VR Body) was half inside the Floor.

I mentioned above that lying down animations can be problematic. I think you need to try 5 - 10 different animations to get the feeling how it works.

The problem with those animations is also that it is harder to understand what is going on and what is expected of you. I had a case where everything was broken until I realized that I'm supposed to lie on top of the NPC and only see her head and shoulders. So if an animation is confusing you or seems broken just end it or let it pass and try another one. Ut takes some getting used to.

There is an option to lock the headset to the body so you will always look at what you are supposed to look. I'm planning to post an update later today with a possibility to enable it.

22 minutes ago, MoaMoa said:

is the orgasm mod ending now includet? 

Yes.

15 hours ago, Ramajam said:

Is there was a way to lock out external animations during sexlab scenes?

There are two possible situations here:

- Animations triggered by other mods - I don't think it is possible to block those. Is there any other mod than Spank that ass  that is doing that?

- Disruptions because of something you do - by default in SL the player controls are blocked and the pc is driven by AI. I have disabled this in the patch to allow for the workaround if the camera is shaking. I'll add an option to togle that in the MCM menu.

There is also the question of the RL sneaking - I don't use and I never realized it can be a problem, will test it see what happens.

So I'm working on an update that would add several options to the SLLight MCM menu that would change some of the VRIK options and animation setup.

Aggreeing on the problem with breaking position when sneaking etc. But otherwise: Looking good so far, nice job!

But (as an Alternative/Option for first person) I wonder if it would be possible to somehow lock the cam at the starting position of the player chars head, replacing your body with a clone (headless or head invisible, to avoid clipping) and disable movement controls while the animation is running. This way the animation part of the player would not be broken by moving your hand (well, and of course they would be free for... other things^^) .

- Locking head at the starting position because otherwise you would get motion sickness when the players head is moving during the scene.

- Right and /or left thumbstick could be used for rotating/tilting cam so you can adjust to extreme positions (e.g. when player is on top or even upside down)

- In case that the cam is locked to early (e.g. at standing position before the clone kneels/lays down) or you changed your real position too much, pressing a button should re-align the cam to the position of the clones head and/or it should automatically readjust with stages.

- For combination with VRIK this would need the VRIK body to be somehow hidden during the animation

- Reenable hands on button press... so that in animations were they are not involved you can use them to enjoy breast/butt physics

i imagine THAT would be highly immersive (at least for scenes where the players head is not or only slightly moving, e.g. in Cowgirl position which you could finally enjoy by looking upwards at Lydia's nice body). 

EDIT: Ah, just saw that while i was answering you already posted along those lines... well, i am looking forward to it !

Addendum:

Nevertheless Amazing!

Tested the latest version furher, but it's already pretty mindblowing, even for animations which were unusable in VR before :)

- One thing still problematic is that if you are getting pushed, e.g. by the NPC at the start of the scene, or move/rotate while the animation is getting ready , you end up with a twisted body (remember the scene in Spaceballs, when President Skroob used the teleporter? ^^) and/or off position. Maybe  cam locking should be applied a few seconds later, perfect would be if there is a way for a forced reset, for examply by using one of the buttons? 

- Similarly, if you rotate during the animation this of course fucks everything up (probably should be disabled during animation)

- Obviously, animations where the player's lower body is supposed to move also are still lacking realism, as the VR body is not animated

- Also i had the problem (not always) that after sex i was unable to use hands (could neither use equipped spells nor sheathe, trigger and grab buttons not working) ... luckily it went back to normal after switching spells via menu. (game heavily modded, though)

- Maybe related to the first: In lying positions, player body still was often positioned too low, under the floor. The NPC seemed positioned ok, so probably it shoved you down during the initial phase (see first point).

But i think there is no perfect solution for per se for animations like lying blowjob anyway (at least without aktive cam tilting/movement).. either you can hardly see anything, the player body has to be lower than the cam or you would have to see through your own body (Maybe transparency would work, but still would need to be applied only to specific animations). 

Edit: Added/adjusted my post

Here is an updated version:

SLLightVRPatchForVRIK_2019_09_22.7z

I want to test it a day or two before I upload it as a main file. So far the only problem I have with it is that some times you will slide to the location of the scene instead of the scene happening where you are.

It has 4 new options added to the MCM that will alter the behavior in animations so different combinations can be tested:

- Lock HMD to body - enables the "lockHMDtoBody" setting of VRIK while in animation. Still not sure how exactly this works together with the other settings.

- Block player controls - if enabled player controls will be disabled and the player is set to AI driven. Turning it ON is the best option if you do not experience camera shakes. Will be forced to ON in future. You can still access your inventory and the Scene controller there.

- Track hands - if disabled your hands will not be tracked anymore and your arms and hands will move as the animation tells them.

- Track head - if disabled the head will animate. The camera however doesn't move with it so you will get to see the inside of your head as it moves. Added it because somebody might get some idea while testing it.

This update should also prevent RL sneak (if enabled in the INI) - it is basically turning it off at the start of the animation and on at the end.

The update also adds VRIK calibration at the start and end of the animation to prevent clipping.

5 hours ago, MoaMoa said:

I had have a Sex Szene on a floor and my Body (VR Body) was half inside the Floor.

4 hours ago, Gerbil75 said:

In lying positions, player body still was often positioned too low, under the floor.

Seems you do not use the Calibration spell of VRIK. However this should not be a problem anymore - I added an auto calibration at the start and at the end of the animation in the update in the previous comment.

Obviously, animations where the player's lower body is supposed to move also are still lacking realism, as the VR body is not animated

It is animated. The whole is body is animating. Some animations just don't make it do a lot.

But i think there is no perfect solution for per se for animations like lying blowjob anyway (at least without aktive cam tilting/movement).. either you can hardly see anything, the player body has to be lower than the cam or you would have to see through your own body

With almost 500 human animations that can be experienced in at lest 2 roles there will be some that will not be usable. I haven't played Flatrim since SKyrimVR was released, will need to test how the first person mods handle those animations there. The biggest issue here is that you can see inside of your body or the body of the NPC. But turning collision on would create too many problems. I'm setting "fNearDistance:Display" to 1.00000 so you really need to get inside of the body in order to see in it, but some animations would still present problems.

However I haven't seen a lying blowjob where I couldn't see anything. Except if there is another body in the way - like 69, but then it makes sense.

Also i had the problem (not always) that after sex i was unable to use hands

I have never experienced this. Lets see if other people also report it.

Similarly, if you rotate during the animation this of course fucks everything up

I don't understand this. If you rotate during animation the body will rotate with you and you can fix misalignment. VRIK has a setting about the tolerance of rotating your head before the body also rotates. Will need to see if this can be helpful somehow. This can be altered in the MCM menu of VRIK.

20 hours ago, Ramajam said:

So things like physical sneaking

Can you test if this is still the case with the updated file that is in the previous comment?

5 hours ago, Gerbil75 said:

But (as an Alternative/Option for first person) I wonder if it would be possible to somehow lock the cam at the starting position of the player chars head,..

In reply to the whole comment. I'm not aware of a way to position the camera stationary and to control it like you describe in SKyrimVR. There was a similar idea earlier to spawn a clone and make VRIK invisible at the start of the animation so the player can walk into (to posses) the clone. I have multiple objections against this solution, one of them is that it is a bit unnatural and "detached". My idea has always been to try to make VRIK work as best as it can with the animations because that is the seamless and "natural" way of handling this.

Looking forward to more feedback and experiences. The main issue that exists now is the rotation, will need to discuss this with the author of VRIK further.

"Block player actions" and "track hands" options are perfect and working as intended.

"lock HMD to body" is where i see the most potential if you can get acces to the variables affecting rotation and repositioning of the cam (rubberbanding).

Here, disabling rotation-induced repositioning of the VR-body would also help in transition between scenes where the orientation of the characters head changes (i.e. PC looking left in first scene, supposed to look forward next scene... seems that as of now, at least sometimes the view does not get correctly adjusted to the new scene, you will still look to the left, but your body faces the new direction). 

"track head" i cannot comment on...  Using "HMD lock" works better without a head anyway, as it otherwise might block view when the char moves  significantly, therefore i removed the head in VRIK. Still have to test if on/off has any notable effect on the cam itself.

Auto-calibration on the other hand... i sometimes ended up as being 2m tall after the animation ended, maybe the final calibration was called to early?

Other:

In a few other animations the body was not located at the correct position. 

tl:dr: That update was a huge leap forward. Amazing job, prinyo!

Btw.:

As it seems, some (all?) of my former problems with animations being twisted were related to SLAL.. in the respective compatibility thread i only read "not needed" on the front page, thus i tested it.... now i saw that within the thread it was mentioned as incompatible. It should be added to the initial list with a fat "NO, WILL MESS UP ANIMATIONS"

10 hours ago, Gerbil75 said:

In a few other animations the body was not located at the correct position. 

After some more testing I think the problem is that the body doesn't reposition when an animation tells it to.

I had this :  a BJ as a first step where everything was perfectly aligned and then the next stage was a doggy position that was supposed to happen a step further. The NPC repositioned herself correctly but I stayed in place and had to walk in RL a step forward in order to get to the correct position.

Some animations will reposition the actors at start and then you will need to walk to the NPC. It is a "room-scale SL experience" ?  It;s not optimal but i kind of like it - it feels less "automated", but can be really annoying so will need to find a way to deal with it.

Auto-calibration on the other hand... i sometimes ended up as being 2m tall after the animation ended, maybe the final calibration was called to early?

I fixed that last thing before making the archive, maybe I forgot to recompile... Will check this and will also add calibrations at different stages start.

"lock HMD to body" is where i see the most potential if you can get acces to the variables affecting rotation and repositioning of the cam

I didn't understand this. But yes, seems it is quite an important setting as what we want is for the body too do whatever the animation tells it and the camera to just follow around. I think if/when the rotating and repositioning issues are fixed it will work perfectly for most animations with this setting on.

oh dear... in order to track down the problems i step by step removed my mods.... (Using MO2)...

Still searching, but meanwhile i am more confused than before. In most of the animations i have  the 180° turned head (maybe 80% of the tries, probably by removing other animations step by step only the problematic ones remained). Curiosly those include those by Leito... those should definetly be ok, as they are from SL Light itself. 

Even stranger: Either HMD lock-option isn`t working as before anymore... i still rubberband when moving too far, but the body is not locked. Maybe there was a somehow related script or whatever.

2 hours ago, prinyo said:

After some more testing I think the problem is that the body doesn't reposition when an animation tells it to.

I had this :  a BJ as a first step where everything was perfectly aligned and then the next stage was a doggy position that was supposed to happen a step further. The NPC repositioned herself correctly but I stayed in place and had to walk in RL a step forward in order to get to the correct position.

Some animations will reposition the actors at start and then you will need to walk to the NPC. It is a "room-scale SL experience" ?  It;s not optimal but i kind of like it - it feels less "automated", but can be really annoying so will need to find a way to deal with it.

I fixed that last thing before making the archive, maybe I forgot to recompile... Will check this and will also add calibrations at different stages start.

I didn't understand this. But yes, seems it is quite an important setting as what we want is for the body too do whatever the animation tells it and the camera to just follow around. I think if/when the rotating and repositioning issues are fixed it will work perfectly for most animations with this setting on.

btw, I don't think this would be a valid solution.. i usually play relaxed sitting on my couch, hardly any room to move around without accident...   i am already hitting the table or the back of the couch when trying to grab something ^^

Well, for this you would also need to temporarily deactivate HMD-lock and then switch it back on, otherwise you can't move... best would be to add kind of a manual restart-function (something like:  Press leftThumbstick to reload scene, right Thumbstick to pause scene and start VRKI calibration, continue scene on "done")

1 hour ago, Gerbil75 said:

In most of the animations i have  the 180° turned head (maybe 80% of the tries, probably by removing other animations step by step only the problematic ones remained). Curiosly those include those by Leito... those should definetly be ok, as they are from SL Light itself. 

My understanding at the moment is that it depends on the role you perform in the animation. If your head is rotated in the "male" position it should be OK in the female and vice versa.

I was hoping that there would be a pattern in this I could simply add an option to always force the player character to one of the positions - I was expecting that the female role is been rotated, but now I think it is more or less random. There is for example a 4-character BJ animation with 3 males and 1 female position and it seems the 3 males are been rotated there to be put facing the female.

i still rubberband when moving too far, but the body is not locked.

The only thing that running away is fixing is the camera shake. Embarrassingly it took me quite a long time to understand why the camera is shaking - even when Vinfamy has actually written it in a comment in the code that I misunderstood for quite some time.

btw, I don't think this would be a valid solution..

Yes, I agree. I'm talking to the author of VRIK about this now. And Tweens has agreed to make a small idle that rotates and moves the actor so it can be tested and debugged more easily.

something like:  Press leftThumbstick to reload scene, right Thumbstick to pause scene...

It is not possible to rebind the input controls like this.

Fixing the rotation issue however seems not an easy thing. Here is what prog0111 (the author of VRIK) said:

The animation can rotate the body, but the headset isn't going to rotate with it.. The trouble is there's no known way for me to force-rotate the headset to keep up with an animation that turns the body around

So the problem is that there is no way to control the camera. And it seems the question is how to remedy the problem if it is not possible to prevent it.

I'm planning to upload a new update in an hour or two that will add one more option, would fix the calibration after scene and the sliding to the location that sometimes happens.

oh, okay.. its getting more and more  complicated ^^

43 minutes ago, prinyo said:

My understanding at the moment is that it depends on the role you perform in the animation. If your head is rotated in the "male" position it should be OK in the female and vice versa.

I was hoping that there would be a pattern in this I could simply add an option to always force the player character to one of the positions - I was expecting that the female role is been rotated, but now I think it is more or less random. There is for example a 4-character BJ animation with 3 males and 1 female position and it seems the 3 males are been rotated there to be put facing the female.

Mhmmmm... i am now having this problems with nearly every animation... is it perhaps switched? I play male, regular race, but somehow i am always facing away. Could you, for testing, add an option to switch how the PC gender role is determined?

47 minutes ago, prinyo said:

The only thing that running away is fixing is the camera shake. Embarrassingly it took me quite a long time to understand why the camera is shaking - even when Vinfamy has actually written it in a comment in the code that I misunderstood for quite some time.

Actually i initially had that somehow perfectly working before i started to remove my mods from the load list. With rubberbanding i do not mean that jiggling, but that the body stays at a defined position.... if you move too far away, the camera is slowly moving back to its position (e.g. if you sit at start and then stand up, the whole scene moves slowly upwards. 

As i said, that worked pretty well before i started messing it up by changing my mods. will try to reconstruct it via backup.

The only "real" problem at that time was wrong direction of the view and that it did not adapt during scenes.

53 minutes ago, prinyo said:

Yes, I agree. I'm talking to the author of VRIK about this now. And Tweens has agreed to make a small idle that rotates and moves the actor so it can be tested and debugged more easily.

Sounds good !

55 minutes ago, prinyo said:

It is not possible to rebind the input controls like this.

Ah, i forgot.... hmmm, maybe via the Menu? This would already pause the scene, too.

1 hour ago, prinyo said:

Fixing the rotation issue however seems not an easy thing. Here is what prog0111 (the author of VRIK) said:

The animation can rotate the body, but the headset isn't going to rotate with it.. The trouble is there's no known way for me to force-rotate the headset to keep up with an animation that turns the body around

So the problem is that there is no way to control the camera. And it seems the question is how to remedy the problem if it is not possible to prevent it.

Argh, okay, thats not good. But that should not affect that many animations, i think. Up/down, left/right and forward/back should adjusts automatically with HMD lock , so is only when you are turning within a scene. And for scene switch we would some reset as proposed before.

This whole discussion yesterday and today was very helpful for me to formulate the problems and get a fresh look at them. And to add some structure to the testing process. So thanks to everybody who participates! ?

So there is one good news and two bad.

The good news is that I have a new idea how to fix the rotating issue. The first bad news is that it could take me a day or two to test it properly and get a new update. The really bad news is that prog0111 no longer "actively works" on VRIK so we'll need to work with what we have and there will be no further updates.

44 minutes ago, Gerbil75 said:

the camera is slowly moving back to its position

This is because of the Lock HMD to body option.

44 minutes ago, Gerbil75 said:

As i said, that worked pretty well before i started messing it up by changing my mods. will try to reconstruct it via backup.

This is pretty much my life in the past few months when it comes to Skyrim. At some times I actually hated it. It is unbelievable how complicated and confusing testing those things can be.

31 minutes ago, Gerbil75 said:

Ah, i forgot.... hmmm, maybe via the Menu? This would already pause the scene, too.

In your inventory there is a SexLab Scene Controller that you can access during animations. I can add additional options there.

So, at least i sucessfully reactivated all mods (roughly 181) and now: 

- HMD lock is working perfectly ! (though it is relative to the body... if the body is lying and you look left, it does not rotate but shift to the left. But as long as you do not move to much it is okay)

- Bodies of the NPCs were mostly positioned correctly

BUT:  Your former post got me an idea and YES:  it's not male/female, it's active/passive! (Just tested with "follow me for sex"):

Active in male role : view turned 180°

Active in female role: view turned 180°

Passive in female role: OK 

Passive in male role: OK

Thats why i had the problems before.. i always used a dialog with Lydia as trigger, resulting in mostly "active/male" situations. And when i aditionally removed the mods, i further reduced the rarer "passive/male" animations.

---> Camera position must not be determined by gender, but by role ! That should fix all anims !

Edit: 

Encountered the first real bug. After triggering a longer animation with stripping/dressing and multiple npcs, the player control was still blocked and i was unable to move and could only acces the menu. 

You probably should implement an "Help, i'm stuck"-button or item, to manually reset HMD lock, controller etc.