[Discontinued] SexLab Light VR patch

I would prefer if discussions about making the full SL work in VR are in it's own thread in the VR section instead of here.

This is a thread for a patch for SL light and I'm afraid all the discussion about the full SL is only confusing people.

I still believe that the patch the way it is now is good enough for more than 90% of the players. There is no need to confuse people further in this thread.

About the VR additions - they will work the same in SL Light and SL full, it is all question of setup of the PC and the body.

5 hours ago, EphemeralSagacity said:

*crosses fingers*  from here: https://www.loverslab.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=232035 I compiled a sexlabutil.dll for sksevr.

I spent too much time getting it to compile but it looks like it "might" be good to work with the full beta 7.  Missing the VehicleFixMode.  The changes for the full beta 7 version checks in the scripts have to be adjusted for sksevr, papyrusvr etc still but it looks "goodish".  Here is hoping its good if someone wants to kick this around.  Let me know whatever other native methods it might be missing hopefully we can fill those gaps in with vinfamy's stubs.  I'll give it more of a spin later.  All I did so far was do a "woot...I can boot and it all installs!"

SexLabUtil.dll 737.5 kB · 3 downloads

Here's a complete list of all native methods provided by the official SexLabUtil.dll file in beta 7. I was using it to try to expand upon the SexLabUtil.psc reikiri made and almost had the creature animations working but the scripts ran too slow (it was causing thread timeouts). Let me know if you want to see my modified files as well.

native functions.txt

1 hour ago, ansfrr932 said:

Here's a complete list of all native methods provided by the official SexLabUtil.dll file in beta 7. I was using it to try to expand upon the SexLabUtil.psc reikiri made and almost had the creature animations working but the scripts ran too slow (it was causing thread timeouts). Let me know if you want to see my modified files as well.

native functions.txt 1.17 kB · 0 downloads

Please make a new thread and post this there. Thanks,

This is offtopic in this thread.

2 hours ago, prinyo said:

I would prefer if discussions about making the full SL work in VR are in it's own thread in the VR section instead of here.

This is a thread for a patch for SL light and I'm afraid all the discussion about the full SL is only confusing people.

I still believe that the patch the way it is now is good enough for more than 90% of the players. There is no need to confuse people further in this thread.

About the VR additions - they will work the same in SL Light and SL full, it is all question of setup of the PC and the body.

True, they are pretty much separate topics. What comes to additions working the same.. they work the same so far as SL light and SL full are same.. and the SLU dll does make a pretty hefty difference there. I think the clone option and 'npc replacer' option work 'good enough for 90% of people'. The 1st person view IMO does not - or at least I never got it to working right myself. I believe it -can- work though (and I believe this applies to SL light). I don't know if the problem is somehow in my own settings, or if there's something the mod misses.. but I never got it to work so that the viewpoint is basically attached to the VR body, and sticks to that location. I always seem to get some incarnation of the same problem:

vr.jpg.a36a10eb51037637a6afd66f5e09aa2e.jpg

There's center of the scene, and there's VR body.. and viewpoint. When I turn/look around, either I'm at the center, and the VR body moves around the brown circle as I turn to look around.. or I'm at the VR body's location, and my viewpoint moves around the brown circle when I turn around. Or sometimes both. Or sometimes the VR body itself is placed in wrong orientation and wrong location - I suspect it's possible this happens when the NPC is actually at the center, and the VR body itself essentially slides around the brown circle as it turns (which means the npc is at blue circle and vr body is supposed to be opposite it on the brown circle.. but vr body gets rotated 180 degrees because of the scene.. and thus ends up on the -opposite- side of the brown circle). I'm still not 100% sure of the details, but I think it's all connected to the fact that the VR body's position in the scene is not at the dead center of the displayed scenery. I think this is the thing about making sure the animation starts at the player character's location - though, it would actually have to start at location that would put the viewpoint at the position of VR body within the animation -AND- the animation would have to move to accommodate that again in every stage of the animation - -OR- the viewpoint would have to be moved at every stage to match the player's position in the scene.

And since it's actually possible to make the viewpoint slide to particular location (I never saw this effect until I had the SLU dll working, but it may be simply because I was using SL full code, without proper workarounds on most native functions) - I believe it's -possible- to manipulate the position of the viewpoint. But I've had this happen so that the viewpoint essentially slides to the position of the brown circle relative to direction I'm looking at - so... I don't know. There's a line of code in SL script that sets 'marker' as a vehicle.. and when activated, I was basically hovering in the air along with the VR body. I don't know if the solution would be connected to that somehow - using the marker as a vehicle, and setting it in the right position. This is probably not connected to the 'vehicle fix', at least I hope it's not.

Again, maybe all that already works in the patch, and I simply never managed to quite get it working, for whatever reason.

11 hours ago, EphemeralSagacity said:

*crosses fingers*  from here: https://www.loverslab.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=232035 I compiled a sexlabutil.dll for sksevr.

I spent too much time getting it to compile but it looks like it "might" be good to work with the full beta 7.  Missing the VehicleFixMode.  The changes for the full beta 7 version checks in the scripts have to be adjusted for sksevr, papyrusvr etc still but it looks "goodish".  Here is hoping its good if someone wants to kick this around.  Let me know whatever other native methods it might be missing hopefully we can fill those gaps in with vinfamy's stubs.  I'll give it more of a spin later.  All I did so far was do a "woot...I can boot and it all installs!"

SexLabUtil.dll 737.5 kB · 3 downloads

I dropped what I have, into another topic here:

16 hours ago, prinyo said:

Please make a new thread and post this there. Thanks,

This is offtopic in this thread.

That.. is actually not offtopic for this thread. It's expanding on what I was doing - an attempt to rewrite the native functions with pure papyrus so that SL light could have more of SL full's functionality (including working with SLAL or handling creature races). It's not so relevant with SL full anymore now that there's SLU dll available, but it can be relevant when dealing with SL light (unless you no longer have interest in expanding it's capabilities).

2 hours ago, reikiri said:

That.. is actually not offtopic for this thread.

Yes, it is. We already decided (together) that for this mod the approach will stay from SL Light upwards. So anything about making the SexlabUtil.dll work (the oposite approach) is off-topic. I can appreciate it can have a potential to resolve some issues - in it's own thread so the two do not mix, I really prefer those two projects are separated.

The issue about VRIK is the same for both however. Looking at the image you posted it seems you have an issue with your VRIK install - you should not be able to see your VRIK body completely from the side. The rotation can be wrong, the neck can be long, but the position is always correct - your viewpoint should always be in the head of the VRIK body. I have never experienced the problem that you describe.

Now, there are two major problems with VRIK. The biggest been the rotation - in some cases you will look at the back of your head and body when the animation starts. I was hoping to fix this by disabling the IK of the body after the animation have started (the October version) but my ongoing tests show that it doesn't really work. Maybe some experiments with timing can be done.

The other problem is not that big for people who play in room scale and I believe has no solution for the people who do not. It took me some time to realize why in some animations the body is not exactly where it should be. This is also kind of related to the experience with the function to attach to NPC. I now believe they work in a similar way - the viewpoint is placed above where the pelvis bone is supposed to be. So if you are meant to be standing the VRIK body will be positioned correctly, if you are meant to be on 4 legs for example - you will be off by the distance between the pelvis and the head. This doesn't seem to apply to lying down animations - in my tests they always work fine. 

Since I don't know how we can get the offset between the position of the pelvis and the head in an animation - I don't think this is fixable. What is more VRIK is no longer in development. Playing in room scale this is not a big problem.

I might try to draw this later, but here is the main idea. In an animation the view will be positioned at the height of where the animation says the head should be  just above the point where the animation says the pelvis of the PC should be.

On 11/3/2019 at 9:30 AM, reikiri said:

That.. is actually not offtopic for this thread. It's expanding on what I was doing - an attempt to rewrite the native functions with pure papyrus so that SL light could have more of SL full's functionality (including working with SLAL or handling creature races). It's not so relevant with SL full anymore now that there's SLU dll available, but it can be relevant when dealing with SL light (unless you no longer have interest in expanding it's capabilities).

No, he's correct, it was off-topic. In my defense for some reason when I posted that I could not see his earlier post asking for the conversation to be moved elsewhere.

Sorry if these seems like backing up 14 steps, but I can only barely understand programming talk. A while back it seemed like the current goal was to make SLAL work with SexLab VR, or at the very least make the auto-registering animations from SexLab Light be something you could actually control, so that id there were certain animations you didn't want, you could not register them in favor of others that you did want. Was that ever resolved? 

11 hours ago, AkylasLovesLicks said:

Sorry if these seems like backing up 14 steps, but I can only barely understand programming talk. A while back it seemed like the current goal was to make SLAL work with SexLab VR, or at the very least make the auto-registering animations from SexLab Light be something you could actually control, so that id there were certain animations you didn't want, you could not register them in favor of others that you did want. Was that ever resolved? 

Not yet, but it seems it will soon be.

The way I see it atm there will be two different VR patches - one for SL Light and one for the full SL. The VR part of them will be the same and the difference will be as the difference between the light and full SL.

So if you want easy install and setup and fast and performance friendly experience - you select the SL Light patch. If you want a greater control and more options (SLAL, expressions, stats...) you choose the patch for the full SL.

I expect within one or two weeks the dust will settle, but the one or two more weeks of experiments and tests will need to pass before that.