choosing different textures in nifscope affects skin shinyness

ok, i'm clearly losing it, oblivion is gas-lighting me. I just recently figured out and tested multiple times that my male body problems stem from which textures i pick for skin in nifskope

as seen below the chest has khajitt skin and bottom has imperial skin in nifskope

Untitled.jpg.b4cef4395d91df2ef520ccf23634f1a9.jpg

I thought that an esp swapped out textures and normals for properly named blocks like "foot" with "skin" material, and i have that, the skin materials are even the same (86 gloss,black specular, and the meshes are apply modulate)

i don't seem to have this problem with female skin...

the only conceivable explanation is that the imperial skin is darker than the texture in nifskope, a common occurrence with my homemade normal maps, but that's just a rendering thing with nifskope, why would it translate to oblivion's rendering with different normals?

maybe no one can help me, maybe i just have to look through and change hundreds of nif files.... but, i've got to try!

here are the meshes, no penises included, if you don't want to deal with that, unlikely as that may be

greaves.nif cuirass.nif

and here are some songs helping me keep sheogorath's influence from consuming me

Spoiler

The nif files are ok. NiTriShape/Strips = Foot and NiMaterialProperty = skin. The textures path is unimportant, the path in the esp is used.

All other setting ( gloss, color,...) are the same in upper and lower body.

Here in my game your nif with imperial texture

Spoiler

LL Khajiit 1.jpg

your nif , downloaded and no changes (with upperbody with khajiit textures path: textures\characters\khajiit\male\footmale.dds  )

########################################

And here the nif with changed textures path , upperbody with textures\characters\imperial\male\footmale.dds

LL Imperial1.jpg

no difference

-----------------
I also tested it with my female player and replaced my Blockhead overwrite body with your nifs.
Yes looks skit but no seam between upper and lower body or different gloss or color.

Your nif files are ok . . . replace your game :classic_tongue::classic_wink:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived