Oblivion crashing after moving to a different drive

Akor

Hi,

I recently moved my perfectly working oblivion installation via steam to a new drive. After I did that Oblivion would crash immediately when trying to load a game or start a new game :(...

I tried moving oblivion back to my old drive but it still crashes.

It doesnt seem to be mod related, even when I disable all mods it still crashes.

I also tried to delete my Oblivion folder and restore a backup I had from before the move... still crashing...

Is there anything outside the Oblivion folder that can cause issues, from steam maybe?

I'm using ModOrganizer for oblivion, not sure if that is relevant. It did complain that it could not find Oblivion when I started it the first time after moving the folder.

I'm lost...any help would be appreciated!

I am sure you have created a new Desktop shortcut, the old will not work.

Have you delete the Oblivion ini ? ( the Oblivion ini in the folder where your save folder is. Not the ini in the game folder)  The game will create a new ini. You must add all your changes again ( disable border, .... )

And you can install the game again. Oblivion with Shivering isle and patch v1.2.0416 ( I don't know if the Steam version is 1.2.0416 or if you need a patch )

All Oblivion files are in bsa, so it should not overwrite any Mod files. Shivering isle changes the exe and Oblivion esm. All other DLC you must not install again, they are like Mods, esp and folders/bsa files .

I am sure you have created a new Desktop shortcut, the old will not work.

Have you delete the Oblivion ini ? ( the Oblivion ini in the folder where your save folder is. Not the ini in the game folder)  The game will create a new ini. You must add all your changes again ( disable border, .... )

And you can install the game again. Oblivion with Shivering isle and patch v1.2.0416 ( I don't know if the Steam version is 1.2.0416 or if you need a patch )

All Oblivion files are in bsa, so it should not overwrite any Mod files. Shivering isle changes the exe and Oblivion esm. All other DLC you must not install again, they are like Mods, esp and folders/bsa files .

I did delete the .ini after I redownloaded the game, it was always crashing with the old ini...

Now the game works again but all mods are gone ?

I guess I have to reinstall everything from scratch...

Thanks for trying to help fejeena :)

Archived