Marriage Reversed

There at least a few serious issues with that idea.

1) How does NPC should know, that he wants to marry PC? I mean technically, it is possible, i.e. companion Vilja does something in that fashion, she asks you, if you like her, and says its ok if you don't. But, this is quest and plot thing, which, basically, restricts player choice, which isn't very fun. At least, not for long. Anyway, to make it work for considerable amount of characters is a pain in the back.

2) Is it even going to be something player would like? If so, at what time? What should happen? How to explain it to player? Go figure.

3) Voice acting. Most companions use standart voice overs, so you will work either without one, ruining immersion or just making player feel uncomfortable, or record lines exclusively for this. Which is tiresome and distracting from plot\AI\boobs etc.

4) Choice to marry or not left to player on purpose. Think abount points made above, its really convinient, player got to choose his waifu, and is not struggling with morals.

But, as I said, there are some mods like that, I believe. Look into companions with voice acting, should be one or two.

1 hour ago, Follint said:

There at least a few serious issues with that idea.

1) How does NPC should know, that he wants to marry PC? I mean technically, it is possible, i.e. companion Vilja does something in that fashion, she asks you, if you like her, and says its ok if you don't. But, this is quest and plot thing, which, basically, restricts player choice, which isn't very fun. At least, not for long. Anyway, to make it work for considerable amount of characters is a pain in the back.

2) Is it even going to be something player would like? If so, at what time? What should happen? How to explain it to player? Go figure.

3) Voice acting. Most companions use standart voice overs, so you will work either without one, ruining immersion or just making player feel uncomfortable, or record lines exclusively for this. Which is tiresome and distracting from plot\AI\boobs etc.

4) Choice to marry or not left to player on purpose. Think abount points made above, its really convinient, player got to choose his waifu, and is not struggling with morals.

But, as I said, there are some mods like that, I believe. Look into companions with voice acting, should be one or two.

Some sort of mod that assigns preferences to the PC and NPCs and ways to plug those preferences into other mods.  For instance body weight.  Characters can prefer skinny to big.  In Skyrim mechanics that would be 0 weight to 100 weight of course.  For example,  0-20 don't mind 21-40 like 61-80 prefer 81-100 dislike.  Perhaps there would be a way to set and pull those values which would change if/how an NPC interacts with the PC—some combination of preferences/history/personality could lead to the NPC asking for marriage in this instance.  

There could be as much depth to it as you could create.  The closest I've seen to a system like this was OSA and it was moreso backstory that you could write that didn't really change how the game played.  

On 2/18/2019 at 1:51 AM, hurpadurpaman said:

Some sort of mod that assigns preferences to the PC and NPCs and ways to plug those preferences into other mods.  For instance body weight.  Characters can prefer skinny to big.  In Skyrim mechanics that would be 0 weight to 100 weight of course.  For example,  0-20 don't mind 21-40 like 61-80 prefer 81-100 dislike.  Perhaps there would be a way to set and pull those values which would change if/how an NPC interacts with the PC—some combination of preferences/history/personality could lead to the NPC asking for marriage in this instance.  

There could be as much depth to it as you could create.  The closest I've seen to a system like this was OSA and it was moreso backstory that you could write that didn't really change how the game played.  

NPCs (at least Beth's) have no artificial intelligence! 
absolute nonsense, what shoud that with the weight division?
an NPC would have to see if the player character is sexy!
sure cool to be addressed by every NPC (ironic) and every time the player answers, nope, nope, nope. ?

I would say the decision on a marriage should have the player. :classic_wink:

but this mod avoids all worries. :classic_laugh:

Simple Divorce

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/52909/

On 2/22/2019 at 8:43 AM, winner0123456789 said:

thank you all for the feedback i didn't think about those possibilities ? 

one more point to the contemplate, when I think about that, then I laugh me dead.
suppose, you're in a tough fight with a dragon, suddenly comes an NPC and say to you, I want to marry you.
the fight stops abruptly due to opening of the dialog box, but the dragon keeps fighting.
I do not think the conversation will end, because the player dies before. ??

74915b26a2b2dcf1a3ccde6a70400bd5.gif

On 2/23/2019 at 12:04 PM, winny257 said:

one more point to the contemplate, when I think about that, then I laugh me dead.
suppose, you're in a tough fight with a dragon, suddenly comes an NPC and say to you, I want to marry you.
the fight stops abruptly due to opening of the dialog box, but the dragon keeps fighting.
I do not think the conversation will end, because the player dies before. ??

74915b26a2b2dcf1a3ccde6a70400bd5.gif

it'd be courier 2.0 XD

Archived