[mod] [Rimworld] RJW and QEE Patch

Still trying to juggle my mod list stable..

However, https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1787359789 has been updated as of Apr 8 2021 @ 7:49am

I think it was 1.0 or 1.1 but I believe we made use of https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2103563425  Prosthetic No Missing Body Parts 

I tried a few times to re-order mods to kick off and fire correctly. overall it was a jumbled mess. there are better solutions. I recommend using the wiki guides that RimWorld of Magic and RimThreaded uses for loading libraries. but as of today 6/19/2021

Do not use RimThreaded mod. DO use the RimThreaded Wiki for building your modlist load order.

RimThreaded team may be is in the process of a internal overhaul  and squashing bugs with just vanilla rimworld with royalty.

I believe there are a few more mods now that make use of Vats for cloning. As I currently understand RimThreaded has resolved a few issues. RJW has been cleared and... *shrug* RimThreaded is getting better.

Edited by SimulatedFantasyHero
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

AFIK it works since there is no dll to recompile and patch in stuff.

but i'd clean it from unnecessary stuff like orc penis body parts that arent in RJW itself

if you want dino/orc/elf/zil stuff just use old one,this one with removed non supported stuff.

QEE RJW.7z

Edited by Seedling
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

For "mod dependencies", you can just replace the block referencing to KongMD's original version (which only was updated to 1.2) to the currently-adopted fork maintained by Mario55770 with this:

<li>
            <packageId>Mario.QEE</packageId>
            <displayName>QuestionableEthicsEnhanced</displayName>
            <steamWorkshopUrl>steam://url/CommunityFilePage/2566962342</steamWorkshopUrl>
        </li>

Note though that 3 hours ago as of posting this message, Mario said in a comment that he's looking for someone to offload it to as he does not have the time to maintain it, so it may result in the mod becoming depreciated with further updates to the game, and breaking interaction entirely.

• 6 months later...

Seems they offloaded it to Mlie, as Mario is telling people to go use Mlie's version now. For the life of me though I cant figure out why it doesn't accept the package ID for Mlie's mod in this mod, but seems to be accepting it in another, even though I copy pasted them back and forth a few times to see what the hell was going on. Coped the package ID of the new QEE directly from its About, replacing the old dependency with it and it errors out on me.

<li>
		<packageId>Mlie.QuestionableEthicsEnhanced</packageId>
		<displayName>Questionable Ethics Enhanced (Continued)</displayName>
		<steamWorkshopUrl>steam://url/CommunityFilePage/2850854272</steamWorkshopUrl>
	</li>

Im no mod maker, but this should be working from everything I have looked at so far. So I may just disable QEE for a bit since im not sure why its functioning incorrectly? Either way, the "invalid package id" error is there at the moment with the new QEE mod.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/25/2022 at 5:00 PM, Kaedo said:

Seems they offloaded it to Mlie, as Mario is telling people to go use Mlie's version now. For the life of me though I cant figure out why it doesn't accept the package ID for Mlie's mod in this mod, but seems to be accepting it in another, even though I copy pasted them back and forth a few times to see what the hell was going on. Coped the package ID of the new QEE directly from its About, replacing the old dependency with it and it errors out on me.

<li>
		<packageId>Mlie.QuestionableEthicsEnhanced</packageId>
		<displayName>Questionable Ethics Enhanced (Continued)</displayName>
		<steamWorkshopUrl>steam://url/CommunityFilePage/2850854272</steamWorkshopUrl>
	</li>

Im no mod maker, but this should be working from everything I have looked at so far. So I may just disable QEE for a bit since im not sure why its functioning incorrectly? Either way, the "invalid package id" error is there at the moment with the new QEE mod.

I was able to get it to load with no errors, as least to the title screen. In addition to changing the fields in the modDependencies section, also make sure to update the packageID in the loadAfter section as well.

Further, I also changed the dependencies and loadAfter sections in the Manifest.xml in the same folder. Change the entry to "Questionable Ethics Enhanced (Continued)".

After this, I get only the version mismatch on Rimpy, but the game loads up to the title screen and throws no load errors.

Not a modder myself either, just been through sheer amounts of stuff.

• 7 months later...