[mod] [Rimworld] RJW and QEE Patch

Yes switching from QE to QEE shows errors the first time starting up with it and not both sub mods, course it also showed them when I started the game with QE unsubscribed and QEE not activated yet, but that was just this mod bitching about not seeing QE's files. It was fine after the restart. Otherwise as the Defs weren't renamed or relabled this mod looks to work fine with QEE, but then I'm not back up to having the vats set up ingame so I haven't seen if it complains. But the research topics do show up in the research tab.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

As a FYI for new people who are looking at this thread, I talked with Reqi and got my edited version listed as 1.3 i the downloads. The changes include:

-updated recipes for new RJW including multipart support

-removal of modded breasts to support growing different sizes with medicine and the boobits disease

-updated the recipes to the latest Questionable Ethics Enhanced edition of the organ vat

-added ability to put demon and slime parts on anyone (includes demon tentacle penis for reasons)

-various bug fixes with the recipes and duplicate entries

Thanks again to Reqi for allowing my file on the main page!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is this only broken for me?

I downloaded version 1.3 and I have Questionable Ethics Enhanced. Now I can't edit bills from organ vats and can't select anything else after selecting one, unless I deselect it with Escape.

//EDIT: Also tried to rebuild Organ Vats, but I get the same behaviour.

Update 1.4 is now available in the downloads which updates the patch to game version 1.1.

This update requires QEE https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1787359789

It also requires at least version 4.0 of RJW

Some issues I couldn't figure out:

-whenever a part is created it will be of a random size and will have an "unkonwn" owner

-currently no way to resize parts

-RJW doesn't currently allow the same style of part but different sizes to be installed on a pawn. Example if a pawn has small breasts there is no surgery option to install large breasts.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Any chance to see this being updated to latest version of QE? I downloaded the latest version and it causes the organ vats to bug out preventing you from deconstructing and etc buttons all being blank.

Removing this mod immediately results in the buttons appearing as per normal upon save game load

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/19/2020 at 12:26 AM, Arbiter_Belfast said:

Any chance to see this being updated to latest version of QE? I downloaded the latest version and it causes the organ vats to bug out preventing you from deconstructing and etc buttons all being blank.

Removing this mod immediately results in the buttons appearing as per normal upon save game load

This is kind of weird, but try putting the vat in your kitchen. I had the same problem. The debug log said something about kitchen score (probably for checking if the room is clean?), and moving it there worked for me.

• 2 weeks later...
Spoiler

Exception filling window for RimWorld.MainTabWindow_Research: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Verse.ResearchProjectDef+<>c.<get_UnlockedDefs>b__57_2 (Verse.Def x) [0x00000] in <7b345446a85d4ed599f9c604ae61854b>:0 
  at System.Linq.EnumerableSorter`2[TElement,TKey].ComputeKeys (TElement[] elements, System.Int32 count) [0x00010] in <351e49e2a5bf4fd6beabb458ce2255f3>:0 
  at System.Linq.EnumerableSorter`1[TElement].ComputeMap (TElement[] elements, System.Int32 count) [0x00000] in <351e49e2a5bf4fd6beabb458ce2255f3>:0 
  at System.Linq.EnumerableSorter`1[TElement].Sort (TElement[] elements, System.Int32 count) [0x00000] in <351e49e2a5bf4fd6beabb458ce2255f3>:0 
  at System.Linq.OrderedEnumerable`1[TElement].SortedMap (System.Linq.Buffer`1[TElement] buffer) [0x00006] in <351e49e2a5bf4fd6beabb458ce2255f3>:0 
  at System.Linq.OrderedEnumerable`1+<GetEnumerator>d__3[TElement].MoveNext () [0x0003d] in <351e49e2a5bf4fd6beabb458ce2255f3>:0 
  at System.Linq.Enumerable+ConcatIterator`1[TSource].MoveNext () [0x0002b] in <351e49e2a5bf4fd6beabb458ce2255f3>:0 
  at System.Linq.Set`1[TElement].UnionWith (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1[T] other) [0x00018] in <351e49e2a5bf4fd6beabb458ce2255f3>:0 
  at System.Linq.Enumerable+DistinctIterator`1[TSource].FillSet () [0x0000b] in <351e49e2a5bf4fd6beabb458ce2255f3>:0 
  at System.Linq.Enumerable+DistinctIterator`1[TSource].ToList () [0x00000] in <351e49e2a5bf4fd6beabb458ce2255f3>:0 
  at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[TSource] (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1[T] source) [0x0001f] in <351e49e2a5bf4fd6beabb458ce2255f3>:0 
  at Verse.ResearchProjectDef.get_UnlockedDefs () [0x0012c] in <7b345446a85d4ed599f9c604ae61854b>:0 
  at RimWorld.ResearchPrerequisitesUtility.ComputeResearchPrerequisites () [0x0001a] in <7b345446a85d4ed599f9c604ae61854b>:0 
  at RimWorld.ResearchPrerequisitesUtility.UnlockedDefsGroupedByPrerequisites (Verse.ResearchProjectDef rd) [0x00000] in <7b345446a85d4ed599f9c604ae61854b>:0 
  at RimWorld.MainTabWindow_Research.UnlockedDefsGroupedByPrerequisites (Verse.ResearchProjectDef project) [0x00023] in <7b345446a85d4ed599f9c604ae61854b>:0 
  at RimWorld.MainTabWindow_Research.DrawUnlockableHyperlinks (UnityEngine.Rect rect, Verse.ResearchProjectDef project) [0x00000] in <7b345446a85d4ed599f9c604ae61854b>:0 
  at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.MainTabWindow_Research.RimWorld.MainTabWindow_Research.DrawLeftRect_Patch1(RimWorld.MainTabWindow_Research,UnityEngine.Rect)
  at RimWorld.MainTabWindow_Research.DoWindowContents (UnityEngine.Rect inRect) [0x0008a] in <7b345446a85d4ed599f9c604ae61854b>:0 
  at Verse.Window.InnerWindowOnGUI (System.Int32 x) [0x00165] in <7b345446a85d4ed599f9c604ae61854b>:0 
Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
Verse.Window:InnerWindowOnGUI(Int32)
UnityEngine.GUI:CallWindowDelegate(WindowFunction, Int32, Int32, GUISkin, Int32, Single, Single, GUIStyle)

Not 100% sure why or if there is a mod conflict, but this patch does not like 1.2, breaks the research screen and attempting to click a research node spams the console with errors. Removing this patch from my load order stopped the error spam and allowed me to research again.

Sounds like an possible issue with the recipes and how they are handled by QEE. Not entirely sure about the kitchen possibly fixing the issue - that would be a QEE bug as this mod ONLY adds recipes to QEE's machines and to the research screen. It is incredibly simple.

10 hours ago, Davidchan said:

Not 100% sure why or if there is a mod conflict, but this patch does not like 1.2, breaks the research screen and attempting to click a research node spams the console with errors. Removing this patch from my load order stopped the error spam and allowed me to research again.

I wasn't aware that 1.2 affected the research screen - I'll keep an eye out for what might have changed. I expect I'll have a whack at it tomorrow and see what can be done. Might as well get it in while I'm not overly tempted to add a bunch of mods in while supposedly just testing a few mods.

Sounds like an possible issue with the recipes and how they are handled by QEE. Not entirely sure about the kitchen possibly fixing the issue - that would be a QEE bug as this mod ONLY adds recipes to QEE's machines and to the research screen. It is incredibly simple.

10 hours ago, Davidchan said:

I wasn't aware that 1.2 affected the research screen - I'll keep an eye out for what might have changed. I expect I'll have a whack at it tomorrow and see what can be done. Might as well get it in while I'm not overly tempted to add a bunch of mods in while supposedly just testing a few mods.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/16/2020 at 3:23 AM, Ragnarock30 said:

Update 1.4 is now available in the downloads which updates the patch to game version 1.1.

This update requires QEE https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1787359789

It also requires at least version 4.0 of RJW

Some issues I couldn't figure out:

-whenever a part is created it will be of a random size and will have an "unkonwn" owner

-currently no way to resize parts

-RJW doesn't currently allow the same style of part but different sizes to be installed on a pawn. Example if a pawn has small breasts there is no surgery option to install large breasts.

I use character editor for that. when you go to parts -> type "rjw" and a whole slew of sizes will appear, pick one and then the part you want to apply it to. It's a bit funky for transgender chars that both a penis and vagina though as it'll edit both parts at once. see rjw faq for information about this.

On 8/14/2020 at 11:31 PM, Reqi said:

Have tried using researchpal? It unifies all types of research into one giant tree. very handy for people with giant mod lists. But it'll be handy for you as well as it will possibly get rid of errors like yours too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...