31 minutes ago, saltshade said:

But I'm not really sure what the definition of a sexlab thread is in this case, so I'm hoping you can fill me in on that before I jump to conclusions. I have a lot of mods, so it's impossible for me to determine what the problem is without actually disabling them all one by one(or what seems like a possible conflict). Here is my load order so you can see if there is something strange:

When sexlab starts a "scene" it sends a mod event "HookAnimationStart" which is what lightmeup listens for. Subsequently it drops the lights around the scene centre which it reads from the sexlab threadID that was sent with the event. This, TDFDancers (if installed) and using the "Test Lights" keymap set in the LightMeUp MCM (maybe you set the keymap and hit it by mistake?) are the only ways to trigger the lights.

I've no idea which of your mods could be initiating a scene with the mara statue but it's not this one! A good place to start would be enabling debug logging and trace. Then look for sexlab trace entries in your papyrus.log. You might be lucky and find the culprit.

Another way to avoid this would be to wait until you've left the abandoned prison before enabling SexLab in the MCM.

1 hour ago, Yinkle said:

When sexlab starts a "scene" it sends a mod event "HookAnimationStart" which is what lightmeup listens for. Subsequently it drops the lights around the scene centre which it reads from the sexlab threadID that was sent with the event. This, TDFDancers (if installed) and using the "Test Lights" keymap set in the LightMeUp MCM (maybe you set the keymap and hit it by mistake?) are the only ways to trigger the lights.

I've no idea which of your mods could be initiating a scene with the mara statue but it's not this one! A good place to start would be enabling debug logging and trace. Then look for sexlab trace entries in your papyrus.log. You might be lucky and find the culprit.

Another way to avoid this would be to wait until you've left the abandoned prison before enabling SexLab in the MCM.

I didn't set any keys but some testing revealed that it can only happen with ELFXenhancer and Sexy Starting Options enabled (and I don't even have to activate the statue). So I'm just going to take that as a situational conflict and keep playing. It's a pretty niche mod so maybe that's why no one reported it.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, thanks for the great mod. With the dark ENB, i can  admire the animations. but I have a little problem: during animation objects (like AnimObjects) and sometimes the actors themselves are incorrectly illuminated at a certain angle (become dark), if i rotate the camera,  lighting becomes normal . and the objects of animation in all stages except the last are also dark from all angles only at the last stage they are illuminated normally just like the actors. The video shows more clearly:

ENB is not to blame here, I tried and without it the situation is the same. I tried to change the loading order, too, did not help.

But just in case:

Spoiler

00  Skyrim.esm
01  Update.esm
02  HearthFires.esm
03  Dawnguard.esm
04  Dragonborn.esm
05  Lanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - Main.esm
06  Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.esp  [версия 3.0.5]
07  ApachiiHair.esm
08  ApachiiHairFemales.esm
09  ApachiiHairMales.esm
0A  Skyrim Project Optimization - Full Version - Russian.esm
0B  ClimatesOfTamriel.esm
0C  Heels Sound.esm
0D  RSkyrimChildren.esm
0E  SkyMoMod.esm
0F  ZaZAnimationPack.esm
10  SexLab.esm  [версия 1.62]
11  SexLabAroused.esm  [версия 2.9]
12  Schlongs of Skyrim - Core.esm
13  CreatureFramework.esm  [версия 2.0.0]
14  High Poly Head.esm
15  Devious Devices - Assets.esm  [версия 2.8.3]
16  Devious Devices - Integration.esm
17  Devious Devices - Expansion.esm
18  Skyrim - Utility Mod.esm  [версия 4.50]
19  Heretical Resources.esm
1A  SexLab Extra Voices.esp
1B  SexLab Sound FX Replacer.esp
1C  SkyUI.esp
1D  UIExtensions.esp
1E  RaceMenu.esp
1F  RaceMenuPlugin.esp
20  RaceMenuMorphsCOS.esp
21  SOSRaceMenu.esp
22  Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp  [версия 3.1.7]
23  animal_mansion.esp
24  Populated Cities Towns Villages Legendary.esp
25  3DNPC.esp  [версия 3.4]
26  TheAmazingWorldOfBikiniArmor.esp
27  3DNPC Patch for Devious Devices and Bikinis.esp
28  Hott Interesting NPCs.esp
++  ABT - Faster Arrows Improved +25%.esp
++  ABT - Faster Bolts Improved +25%.esp
29  AmazingFollowerTweaks.esp
2A  Skyrim Immersive Creatures.esp  [версия v6.5.2b]
2B  Skyrim Immersive Creatures - DLC2.esp  [версия v6.5.2a]
2C  HDT Havok Object.esp
2D  Immersive Weapons.esp
2E  ABT - Recover +50% Arrows and Bolts.esp
2F  AMatterOfTime.esp  [версия 2.00]
30  iLuvLoading.esp
31  AddItemMenuLE.esp
32  FNIS.esp
33  MoreNastyCritters.esp
34  SexLabMatchMaker.esp  [версия 7]
35  SLAnimLoader.esp
36  DeadlyDragons.esp
37  ClimatesOfTamriel-Dragonborn-Patch.esp
38  Vividian - Extended Weathers - CoT.esp
39  Extended UI.esp  [версия 1.2.0d]
3A  GIST soul trap.esp
3B  IcePenguinWorldMap.esp
3C  KS Hairdo's.esp
3D  KS Hairdos - HDT.esp
3E  NotificationLog.esp
3F  Perk Points at Skill Levels 50-75-100.esp
40  SGEyebrows.esp
++  ABT - Loot Arrows +50%.esp
++  ABT - Merchants Arrows +50%.esp
++  ClimatesOfTamriel-Dawnguard-Patch.esp
++  Vividian - Weather Patch CoT.esp
++  ClimatesOfTamriel-Nights-Level-1.esp
++  EpisodeParallax.esp
++  RemoveExteriorFog-AIO.esp
41  SKSE Hotkeys.esp
42  Thief skills rebalance for Ordinator.esp
43  UnreadBooksGlow.esp  [версия 2.2.0]
44  Vivid Landscapes.esp
45  Wildcat - Combat of Skyrim.esp
++  consistent sensitivity Wildcat.esp
46  dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp
++  dD-Reduced Splatter Size.esp
++  dD-Reduced Wound Size.esp
47  Brows.esp
++  Kai's Lipstick.esp
48  FreckleMania2.esp
49  HDTTESTEarring.esp
4A  YMMP.esp
4B  TheCoenaculiCBBE.esp
++  Rebalanced Encounter Zones.esp
4C  VioLens.esp  [версия 2.11]
4D  Chesko_WearableLantern.esp
4E  iHUD.esp
4F  AchieveThat.esp
++  Remove Camera Collision.esp
50  Atlas Compass Tweaks.esp
++  BedUndressDLC.esp
51  GoToBed.esp
52  SMIM-Merged-All.esp
53  More Interesting Loot for Skyrim.esp  [версия 5.7]
54  Atlas Legendary.esp
55  MF_RadiantProstitution.esp
56  Bijin AIO.esp
57  Midas Magic Expanded.esp
58  HentaiCreatures.esp
59  BDIC.esp
5A  iNeed.esp
5B  My Home Is Your Home.esp
5C  Apocalypse - The Spell Package.esp
5D  ApachiiHelmetWigs.esp
5E  FNISspells.esp
5F  PAN_NPCs.esp
60  RSChildren.esp  [версия 1.2.0.]
61  TheEyesOfBeauty.esp  [версия 9]
62  Convenient Horses.esp
63  Schlongs of Skyrim.esp
64  SOS - Smurf Average Addon.esp
++  RSChildren Patch - USLEEP.esp  [версия 1.2.0.]
++  ClimatesOfTamriel-Interiors-Warm.esp
65  SOS - VectorPlexus Muscular Addon.esp
66  SOS - VectorPlexus Regular Addon.esp
67  SOS - ERF - HighPoly Addon.esp
68  SOS - ERF - HighPoly Equipable.esp
69  Serana.esp
6A  SexLab Aroused Creatures.esp
6B  Remodeled Armor - Vanilla Replacer.esp
++  SOS - Revealing Armors.esp  [версия ealing]
++  SOS - Male Vanila Armor Cloths Conversion Custom.esp
++  SOS - Revealing DLC2 Conversion.esp
6C  Remodeled Armor - Vanilla Replacer - Dawnguard.esp
6D  SOS - Revealing DLC1 Conversion.esp
6E  Remodeled Armor - Vanilla Replacer - Dragonborn.esp
6F  12FemaleBrows.esp
70  SexLab Strapon.esp
71  The Seven Wonders of Leyenda.esp
72  Devious Devices - Equip.esp  [версия 4.50]
73  xazPrisonOverhaulPatched.esp  [версия 4.50]
74  SexLabSubtitles.esp
75  Cumshot.esp  [версия 2.2]
76  CumshotSL.esp
77  SexLabHorribleHarassment.esp
78  SexLab Approach.esp
79  Deviously Cursed Loot.esp
7A  Deviously Cursed Loot LAL AddOn.esp
7B  AnubAnimObj.esp
7C  SlaveTats.esp
7D  SexLab-Stories.esp
7E  SexLab-StoriesDevious.esp
7F  SLA Monitor Widget.esp
80  SexLabDefeat.esp
81  SexLabTools.esp
82  NCK30Obj.esp
83  SlaveTatsEventsBridge.esp
84  SD Addons.esp
85  SexLab_Dialogues.esp
86  sanguinesDebauchery.esp
87  S_L_U_T_S.esp
88  BanneredMareImmersiveSexualPlayground.esp
89  SexLabSkoomaWhore.esp
8A  SLSW Addicted.esp
8B  ZAPFurniturePlacer.esp
8C  SexLab TDF Aggressive Prostitution.esp
8D  Ordinator - Perks of Skyrim.esp
8E  TogglyUndressDressKey.esp
8F  SLATE.esp
90  Apocalypse - Ordinator Compatibility Patch.esp
91  FloppySOS.esp
92  Review Studio.esp
93  Realistic AI Detection 2 Lite.esp
94  DD_Helpers.esp
95  SPS - Sexlab Position Selector.esp
96  SexlabAmmoUnequip.esp
97  SexLab Pheromones.esp
98  DeviousCarriages.esp
99  [Melodic] After School.esp
9A  [Melodic] Reverse Bunnysuit.esp
9B  [Melodic] Night Wave.esp
9C  [Melodic] Elven Desire.esp
9D  ZaFromTheDeepsV2.esp
9E  nem-e5i5's RaceMenuPlugin.esp
9F  SexLab UtilityPlus.esp  [версия 2020]
A0  SexLabAddActor.esp
A1  SexLabGuild.esp  [версия 9]
A2  SexLabWorkingGirl.esp
A3  Slaves of Tamriel.esp
A4  Slaves of Tamriel - iNeed.esp
A5  XPMSE.esp
A6  SimpleSlavery.esp
A7  EnhancedENBNightEye.esp
A8  _GSPoses.esp
A9  SLAL_AnimationsByLeito.esp
AA  SLAL_GSAnimObjects.esp
AB  PsycheAnimationObjects.esp
AC  SLAL_K4Anims.esp
AD  RohZima_AnimObjects.esp
AE  SLALAnimObjBillyy.esp
AF  SLALAnimObj.esp
B0  SLAL_AnimObj_Nymra.esp
B1  SLAL_AnimationByBakaFactory.esp
B2  Poser Hotkeys.esp
B3  FurnitureMarkerSex.esp
B4  ClimatesOfTamriel-Dungeons-Hardcore.esp
B5  EnhancedLightsandFX.esp
B6  ELFX - Exteriors.esp
B7  SexLab_Playable_races_Scales.esp
++  dD-DG-DB-MM-SiC EBT Patch v4.esp
B8  SexlabLightMeUp.esp
B9  SexLab_Creature_Races_Scales.esp
BA  Bashed Patch, 0.esp

P.S. the settings are not to blame, the same situation is with the default settings.

1 hour ago, xtirp8 said:

during animation objects (like AnimObjects) and sometimes the actors themselves are incorrectly illuminated at a certain angle (become dark), if i rotate the camera,  lighting becomes normal . and the objects of animation in all stages except the last are also dark from all angles only at the last stage they are illuminated normally just like the actors.

That is one odd sentence! Eat some cheese and drink some wine, then go out to your garden and enjoy the sun, you'll be OK :)

This is either down to your load order or more likely lighting limitations of the game.

Edit: wait! What is the mod you are using to switch scenes in game in your video? if that mod isn't triggering a new sexlab thread each time then no wonder the lighting isn't updating.... Geez sometimes I wonder why I bother with support...

55 minutes ago, Yinkle said:

Edit: wait! What is the mod you are using to switch scenes in game in your video? if that mod isn't triggering a new sexlab thread each time then no wonder the lighting isn't updating.... Geez sometimes I wonder why I bother with support...

SexLab Tools  and  SexLab Defeat, but their buttons for calling the scene menu are different, I use Tools to select tags, and for scenes and stages I use Defeat.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, saltshade said:

The light triggered for me in broad daylight with a setting of 50. How can that happen? I'm gonna try 20 because the mod seems over sensitive. Would also be nice if we could save our settings. I don't see what the profile setting is about right now.

Yup getlightlevel() can be a bit hit and miss, hence why there's a manual option. The profiles are for storing 5 diferent lighting setups that you can switch between and are kept in a json file. I might add a way to save the other settings to this at some point.

• 5 months later...

Hello

I have a problem with this mod ... when the light is there I have a big point of exclamation in a large red square ... in the creation kit on the tlight.nif I also have the point of exclamation mark in the red square I also installed powerofthree's Papyrus Extender but it doesn't change anything

can you help me ?

thank you

• 3 months later...

Maybe I didn't understand it correctly but where it says "minimum lighting for auto-lights" in the MCM, shouldn't that be the maximum lighting allowed? It would make sense that it triggers auto-lighting only below the set value, because you only need it in dark areas. But feel free to explain how it actually works.

• 1 month later...

The problem with this mod is, that it adds so much light it turns into darkness. Wait-what?! Yeah, you see skyrim has a limit of 4 lights maximum on-screen, and this mod alone adds 5 - not counting other lights on scene. As a result SL Lightmeup guarantees that some lights will not work, or worse you get the dreaded flicker, where lights randomly turn on and off depending on your viewing angle and camera position.

Bottom line: Don't use this mod - it only makes the situation worse.

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/28/2021 at 4:12 PM, bastardopfromhell said:

The problem with this mod is, that it adds so much light it turns into darkness. Wait-what?! Yeah, you see skyrim has a limit of 4 lights maximum on-screen, and this mod alone adds 5 - not counting other lights on scene. As a result SL Lightmeup guarantees that some lights will not work, or worse you get the dreaded flicker, where lights randomly turn on and off depending on your viewing angle and camera position.

If you're getting flicker from too many lights, you can reduce the radius & brightness of some of the lights to zero and enable the "PC Scenes only" feature.

It works pretty well just using the front light.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/29/2021 at 1:12 AM, bastardopfromhell said:

That never happened to me. The only issue I have is that the auto-lighting triggers when it's not needed, so I just set manual control instead.

• 2 months later...

I came here to leave a glowing review of this mod, but I can find no way to do that. So here is my review:

THIS MOD IS FUCKIN' AWESOME!

IT DOES EXACTLY WHAT IT SAYS ON THE TIN!

WORKS PERFECTLY WITH AT LEAST 3 VERSIONS OF SLF!

I WOULD 'ENDORSE' IT BUT THIS AIN'T THE FLIPPIN' NEXUS

THANK YOU, PFIFFLE PFIPPLE PFAHRTER PFINGER PFATBABY 'JUST A PORTER'

:classic_heart:

• 6 months later...
On 6/28/2021 at 7:12 PM, bastardopfromhell said:

As a way of getting around this issue, I made a quick patch that adds ENB lights to the lights from this mod. ENB lights don't suffer the same issues that the regular Skyrim lights do with flickering and whatnot. You need ENB installed obviously and complex particle lights need to be enabled. You should also go into the MCM for this mod and turn the brightness to zero for all the lights, so that the ENB lights are doing all the work.

SLLMU - ENB Light Version.7z

8 hours ago, throwmeinthetrash6 said:

As a way of getting around this issue, I made a quick patch that adds ENB lights to the lights from this mod. ENB lights don't suffer the same issues that the regular Skyrim lights do with flickering and whatnot. You need ENB installed obviously and complex particle lights need to be enabled. You should also go into the MCM for this mod and turn the brightness to zero for all the lights, so that the ENB lights are doing all the work.

SLLMU - ENB Light Version.7z 1.3 kB · 0 downloads

Thank you for this! I am having the flickering issue with another light mod, Quick Light SE (using Bright-Wide-No Effect settings). Is there a way to convert that mod's effect to ENB Lights to stop the flickering? I don't see a "zero brightness" setting in that mod's MCM.

TL; DR: I need a bright ambient light with no visible source shining back into my eyes and blinding me, that doesn't cause environmental flickering. Any idea how I can do that?

3 hours ago, Vyxenne said:

Thank you for this! I am having the flickering issue with another light mod, Quick Light SE (using Bright-Wide-No Effect settings). Is there a way to convert that mod's effect to ENB Lights to stop the flickering? I don't see a "zero brightness" setting in that mod's MCM.

TL; DR: I need a bright ambient light with no visible source shining back into my eyes and blinding me, that doesn't cause environmental flickering. Any idea how I can do that?

There is a patch for Quick Light on the ENB Light mod page (in optional files). I don't think there's any way to turn the regular light off using the MCM though. You could maybe edit the mesh files and delete the regular light from them but leave the ENB light. I haven't tried that myself but it should work. I also use ELFX Shadows which helps a lot with the flickering issue, so I don't see much flickering even with quick light on.

Thank you for the heads up on ENB Light's Quick Light patch!

On 5/13/2022 at 10:23 AM, throwmeinthetrash6 said:

You could maybe edit the mesh files and delete the regular light from them but leave the ENB light.

First question is, the mesh files from which mod? I'm assuming Quick Light, but for all I know you mean the ENB Light QL Patch. I don't know how to tell the "regular light" from the "ENB Light" even if I knew which mod's mesh you are talking about editing. I have no fear of using NifSkope, I do it all the time to re-slot armor or remove a shape from a multi-shape nif, or add an HH_OFFSET... but without knowing what I'm looking for it would be pointless to bumble around removing partitions from nifs. Thanks.

Edited by Vyxenne
Because her OCD hates typos
On 5/13/2022 at 11:02 PM, Vyxenne said:

Thank you for the heads up on ENB Light's Quick Light patch!

First question is, the mesh files from which mod? I'm assuming Quick Light, but for all I know you mmean the ENB Light QL Patch. I don't know how to tell the "regular light" from the "ENB Light" even if I knew shich mod's mesh you are talking about editing. I have no fear of using NifSkope, I do it all the time to re-slot armor or remove a shape from a multi-shape nif, or add an HH_OFFSET... but without knowing what I'm looking for it would be pointless to bumble around removing partitions from nifs. Thanks.

Honestly I'm not an expert on this stuff, I just mess around and find what works by trial and error. The meshes you would edit would be whichever ones are highest priority in your load order, so probably the ones from the ENB Light - Quick Light patch if you have that installed. There is a node called "AttachLight" which I believe is the one that you'd delete if you want to remove the standard Skyrim light. Again I haven't tried this myself so IDK if it would work, but that's what I'd do.

• 1 month later...

hello, during the scenes the lighting works, but the genitals are without lighting, dark, I edited the back and front light level, and floor, but the lighting of the genitals did not change.

The Elder Scrolls V  Skyrim Special Edition Screenshot 2022.07.18 - 03.56.21.98.png

The Elder Scrolls V  Skyrim Special Edition Screenshot 2022.07.18 - 03.56.33.85.png

• 4 weeks later...