[Beta] Barbarous Continent V0.6

Downloaded this and played with it some tonight. What you have is promising. I can see when it is fleshed out that it will be really fun. There are a few things I think that could be improved on. I dont think the people on the boat are quite "shady" enough. I was level 68 when I got on here and the Blackbeard fellow was no trouble at all. he needs to be a LOT stronger. I could let him beat on me and it would have taken him all day to kill me if I just stood there. the two drinking quests are very predictable. The girl that wanted to make me a slave is bugged. Game locks up when she was taking all my gear. I just so happened to have a ton of stuff in inventory, so that might be it. Instead of cleaning inventory, I would suggest some other means of pacification for the player such as just take equipped gear and apply shackles or something.

I understand this is very much proof of concept at this point and what you have is nice but Id really like to see this be a bit more sinister perhaps. The cave scene is promising but like everything else, it could use a little darker twist. I kind of felt all Legend of Zelda or something there. Also currently there is no way that I could find when getting off the boat to get back to the Commonwealth that I could find. I ended up using "player.moveto 2f1f" to get back to Piper. I look forward to seeing where you go with this.

For just a proof of concept I have to say that this was FANTASTIC!

I enjoyed all of the interactions on the boat, and I have to say thank you thank you thank you for putting in a Pet Play related event. I love it so much.

Like Olmech said, some of the stuff could be a bit shadier, but I like some of the more comedic events like the pet play event reasoning is just absurd but I love it, and the senile old man was pretty funny too.

Maybe striking a good balance between these and more darker events, although I thought that some of the things that happened were quite dark already, such as the pirate taking advantage of you and getting drugged after drinking too much.

Things I noticed:

1. I use Diamond city expansion and used with this mod a lot of the textures in diamond city are flickering in and out.
  2. In a couple of the events NPCs refered to "posing" but nothing happened to my character, I'm guessing I was just missing a pose pack for that?
  3. Just a tiny suggestion, for the pet play event, maybe use the fox ears just so it colour matches the tail? (Not a big deal just personal preference)
  4. A couple of spelling mistakes
  5. As Olmech said, unable to get back after you reach the island but I assume this is just because its a test build.

I really, really hope you continue with this mod, I extremely enjoyed even the small snippet that I played on the boat and the island looks like it would be a great place to have more sexy shenanigans on as well.

?  ?  ?  ?  ?

9 hours ago, Olmech said:

Downloaded this and played with it some tonight. What you have is promising. I can see when it is fleshed out that it will be really fun. There are a few things I think that could be improved on. I dont think the people on the boat are quite "shady" enough. I was level 68 when I got on here and the Blackbeard fellow was no trouble at all. he needs to be a LOT stronger. I could let him beat on me and it would have taken him all day to kill me if I just stood there. the two drinking quests are very predictable. The girl that wanted to make me a slave is bugged. Game locks up when she was taking all my gear. I just so happened to have a ton of stuff in inventory, so that might be it. Instead of cleaning inventory, I would suggest some other means of pacification for the player such as just take equipped gear and apply shackles or something.

I understand this is very much proof of concept at this point and what you have is nice but Id really like to see this be a bit more sinister perhaps. The cave scene is promising but like everything else, it could use a little darker twist. I kind of felt all Legend of Zelda or something there. Also currently there is no way that I could find when getting off the boat to get back to the Commonwealth that I could find. I ended up using "player.moveto 2f1f" to get back to Piper. I look forward to seeing where you go with this.

Thanks for responding and letting me know you were able to run through everything without too many issues. I didn't really anticipate an issue with confiscating the players inventory so letting me know if you have a super full inventory it can cause problems is useful. I think as you said just using shackles and blocking inventory access would be a better way to handle that in the future. I agree the two drinking quest are pretty bland, maybe I'll figure out some way to make them more interesting. I guess the dialogue does promise a more sinister experience so I'll try and improve upon that as well. Really appreciate the feedback though this is exactly what I was looking for.

29 minutes ago, KitKatKseniya said:

For just a proof of concept I have to say that this was FANTASTIC!

I enjoyed all of the interactions on the boat, and I have to say thank you thank you thank you for putting in a Pet Play related event. I love it so much.

Like Olmech said, some of the stuff could be a bit shadier, but I like some of the more comedic events like the pet play event reasoning is just absurd but I love it, and the senile old man was pretty funny too.

Maybe striking a good balance between these and more darker events, although I thought that some of the things that happened were quite dark already, such as the pirate taking advantage of you and getting drugged after drinking too much.

Things I noticed:

1. I use Diamond city expansion and used with this mod a lot of the textures in diamond city are flickering in and out.
  2. In a couple of the events NPCs refered to "posing" but nothing happened to my character, I'm guessing I was just missing a pose pack for that?
  3. Just a tiny suggestion, for the pet play event, maybe use the fox ears just so it colour matches the tail? (Not a big deal just personal preference)
  4. A couple of spelling mistakes
  5. As Olmech said, unable to get back after you reach the island but I assume this is just because its a test build.

I really, really hope you continue with this mod, I extremely enjoyed even the small snippet that I played on the boat and the island looks like it would be a great place to have more sexy shenanigans on as well.

?  ?  ?  ?  ?

Thanks for the positive response and all the feedback. The only thing I added to diamond city should be the poster and the actor in the dugout inn. I'm not sure what would cause texture issues there unless I accidentally deleted something in the cell when adding the poster, I'll look into it. I use some of Sun's poses for all the posing events, but it seems I forgot to package them in the mod. I edited my file and added them in. Thanks for letting me know about that. I think swapping the ear textures so they match makes sense so I'll do that. As for the issue both you and Olmech mentioned of not being able to return from the island that was just an oversight on my part. I'll add a marker so you can fast travel back. Again thanks for all the feedback I really appreciate it.

Maybe a cave where Flashy could send his "abducted" for "redeeming punishment" to make up for infamy.  Or a stalker that chlorforms you when you sleep in a bed to put you to work as a slave tending an alternate Abernathy farm.  With morning bell to start work and end day.  Beatings etc.  Maybe a lashing with a crx came with your gruel fed to you 

I will be watching this.  In middle of run now. But next install, look at it.  

John

11 hours ago, Olmech said:

Integration of devious devices or real handcuffs would seem promising.  

Instead of dealing with the inventory, you could just unequip pipboy like devious wasteland.  For duration of whatever.  And give it back.  

RSE for the Diamond City Jail in Bounty hunters gives you timed nourishment and a sleeping bag.  

22 hours ago, Kickinit09 said:

Looking to get some feedback on a quest mod I've recently started working on.

I'll play almost any mod once. I saw this, and, having just moved over to MO2, and having just reinstalled all the anims....your mod gave the perfect opportunity to take the anims for a test spin. 

I think the others in this thread captures a lot of the surface issues. You gotta deal with inventory better, but that will come. This mod, to me at least, seems like it has a lot of good ideas in the "proof of concept" format. That said, I would pick maybe 3-4 things you have going on with the ship, and build those up, then add some more. 

I would also give the player the opportunity to end their journey on their terms: make the door to below decks a one way thing. Upon exiting below deck, you get presented with the option of having docked or "I'm not ready to leave yet". 

You need to set your locks on your jails to be inaccessible, so you don't mess that stuff up....I actually picked the locks to both, and it made for some weird sequences. ?

I'm not all that into pet play, but the sequence you put in there was nifty...you just need to add more. 

Now, all of that said...I want to impart a plea to you: pick an encounter, create a sequence of events, make sure the player knows when it's over, and then conclude it in a way that the player knows it's concluded. 

I say this, only because I recently finished doing a bunch of sexout mod trials over in New Vegas. There's a lot of decent mods on that side of the fence, but some of them suffer from being either half complete, or the player has no idea what they should do next, or there's nothing to do at all and the mod just kind of stops. Some of them showed great promise, only to wind up being...meh.  Questing, even on the smaller scale...needs a little design. The players need direction, so make sure they have some hand holds to get them to the next bit. 

Now, in conclusion...you'll be happy to know, through the magic of @EgoBallistic's SEU, I *did* have some fun making screenshots with your jell-o ladies. 

image.png.0e7c34eccc0225d1bea83fc12240869f.png

image.png.eaf0fa656f6759723a2f59f6c487c7cf.png

image.png.b05220afba8c4cb00cc763ddc605ad92.png

image.png.09d56da28eaf55347515b0b4a8ddc772.png

I'd almost make them a shade more transparent so you can see more internals. ?

Edit: Also, you need to set the captain to be "Essential" otherwise, the Mirelurk Queen that spawns there will turn him into a puddle. The workaround here is to console in, and do tcai to turn off the combat AI, kill the queen, and then tcai again to turn combat ai back on. 

Spoiler
1 hour ago, KitKatKseniya said:

Also I'm running into a bit of a problem:

LOL woops. Looks like I need to make him essential or move him somewhere safer.

Spoiler
1 hour ago, WandererZero said:

I'll play almost any mod once. I saw this, and, having just moved over to MO2, and having just reinstalled all the anims....your mod gave the perfect opportunity to take the anims for a test spin. 

I think the others in this thread captures a lot of the surface issues. You gotta deal with inventory better, but that will come. This mod, to me at least, seems like it has a lot of good ideas in the "proof of concept" format. That said, I would pick maybe 3-4 things you have going on with the ship, and build those up, then add some more. 

I would also give the player the opportunity to end their journey on their terms: make the door to below decks a one way thing. Upon exiting below deck, you get presented with the option of having docked or "I'm not ready to leave yet". 

You need to set your locks on your jails to be inaccessible, so you don't mess that stuff up....I actually picked the locks to both, and it made for some weird sequences. ?

I'm not all that into pet play, but the sequence you put in there was nifty...you just need to add more. 

Now, all of that said...I want to impart a plea to you: pick an encounter, create a sequence of events, make sure the player knows when it's over, and then conclude it in a way that the player knows it's concluded. 

I say this, only because I recently finished doing a bunch of sexout mod trials over in New Vegas. There's a lot of decent mods on that side of the fence, but some of them suffer from being either half complete, or the player has no idea what they should do next, or there's nothing to do at all and the mod just kind of stops. Some of them showed great promise, only to wind up being...meh.  Questing, even on the smaller scale...needs a little design. The players need direction, so make sure they have some hand holds to get them to the next bit. 

Now, in conclusion...you'll be happy to know, through the magic of @EgoBallistic's SEU, I *did* have some fun making screenshots with your jell-o ladies. 

image.png.0e7c34eccc0225d1bea83fc12240869f.png

image.png.eaf0fa656f6759723a2f59f6c487c7cf.png

image.png.b05220afba8c4cb00cc763ddc605ad92.png

image.png.09d56da28eaf55347515b0b4a8ddc772.png

I'd almost make them a shade more transparent so you can see more internals. ?

Edit: Also, you need to set the captain to be "Essential" otherwise, the Mirelurk Queen that spawns there will turn him into a puddle. The workaround here is to console in, and do tcai to turn off the combat AI, kill the queen, and then tcai again to turn combat ai back on. 

The ship really is meant more of things to come than a full course experience. I intend to have way more fleshed out content once you get to the island. I agree with you on ending the journey on your terms though. I initially thought it would make sense for the ship content to end after a certain amount of events triggered but I didn't really end up implementing it the way I wanted. As for the locks I guess I'll have to fix that. While that issue is easily fixed there are issues that I can't easily solve where I have to assume the player will act in good faith. I appreciate the comments on quest clarity. I can see that not having clear starting points/ objectives/ and endings to events can lead to a lot of frustration and I can do a better job on that end. Also ya the slimes probably do need to be more transparent. I'm still messing with them.  Thanks for all the feedback.

I like what you've done, but agree that clearer objectives would improve the experience.  For the inventory issue, what if the captain insisted you put all your items (except armor, maybe?) in a chest on deck before entering the ship, to be returned when you get to the island.  That way the player could manually speed up the pace of the item transfer. That would also mean your fight with the pirate could just be a brawl and not be lethal.  (If he's in jail, he shouldn't have any weapons.) If you knock him out, he goes back in the cell.  If you lose (or choose to submit) he could lock you in the cell, with consequences based on the decisions you've made previously.

P.S. - Can I keep the tail and ears?

The scenario of Renae and the sailor is interesting, can be expanded in forms.

it recalls me a sexus mod in FNV.

A small group of gang lures the player into an alley, then threaten her to obey.

it ends in consensual or non-consensual, both ways are interesting.

1.It could be a trap, schemed by sailors and passengers.

2.It can lead to a sailor gangbang consequences if the player fights back.

this quest mod have a lot of potential.

My feedback:

- More ambient sound inside the ship and more private rooms maybe some doors and a llittle more dark light ambience combining with some lamp lights
- If you spy the couple inside the room and the ship arrive to island there is a camera bug when you arrive the island.

-the corruption of the player should be slow, i feel was a little rushed up when the player accepts to be a pet and be raped by the criminal.
-If you are working alone in this project try to simplify your content focus creating the world first then the quest and last part the sexual content.

Good luck . :)

I haven't explore everything yet, I am not sure what causes the ship to "reach its destination" But I think that should be activate manually right now, or maybe progression shouldn't even be there since as far as I know there's no way to go back.

First time around I peek through the peephole and then went inside selection some option and the mod ended.

The next time I try the VR headset and the mod ended after the back to reality scene.

I am getting CTD in the "good ending" VR branch, both yes and no answer with Romeo results in CTD.

Now for random rambling...

Aeons ago I had in mind a mod very similar to this in both concept and introduction, but was for Skyrim. The whole PC takes a boat to a new landmass to do whatever you want and therefore disconnecting itself from conflicts with the main game.
I thought about keeping the PC gear in check by coming up with some reason to stash it, and what kind of mischief is possible on the boat ride...paying for the boat ride, working for the boat ride, etc.
However I sort of came to the conclusion that the boat ride itself should be fairly uneventful.
If this is going to be a gradual corruption mod then it shouldn't start with a show stopper so to speak, as such the introduction would not need an abundant amount of content. Unless the boat ride itself is meant to be much longer and is a key component. But I am guessing this little demo is also use for testing various triggers and scene.

On 2/1/2019 at 1:58 AM, justbob2 said:

I like what you've done, but agree that clearer objectives would improve the experience.  For the inventory issue, what if the captain insisted you put all your items (except armor, maybe?) in a chest on deck before entering the ship, to be returned when you get to the island.  That way the player could manually speed up the pace of the item transfer. That would also mean your fight with the pirate could just be a brawl and not be lethal.  (If he's in jail, he shouldn't have any weapons.) If you knock him out, he goes back in the cell.  If you lose (or choose to submit) he could lock you in the cell, with consequences based on the decisions you've made previously.

P.S. - Can I keep the tail and ears?

I think having the player manually empty there inventory would be a solid solution because it would avoid crashes and potentially speed up the process, but that's one of those situations where I have to assume the player is going to act in good faith. Right now i think its between that or removing the pipboy and disabling some player controls. The blackbeard events could use some polishing so i'll work on that as well. The tail and ears will be available to buy in one of the shops. If you want it now you might be able to get them through the console.

On 2/1/2019 at 2:56 AM, alima309 said:

The scenario of Renae and the sailor is interesting, can be expanded in forms.

it recalls me a sexus mod in FNV.

A small group of gang lures the player into an alley, then threaten her to obey.

it ends in consensual or non-consensual, both ways are interesting.

1.It could be a trap, schemed by sailors and passengers.

2.It can lead to a sailor gangbang consequences if the player fights back.

A lot of the events on the ship have potential to be expanded, but I made these events short and sweet on purpose. The ship is just an excuse to get to the island where the real fun should begin. I think the idea is solid though and the player may find themselves in a similar situation on the island.

On 2/1/2019 at 10:05 AM, geraldofrivia said:

this quest mod have a lot of potential.

My feedback:

- More ambient sound inside the ship and more private rooms maybe some doors and a llittle more dark light ambience combining with some lamp lights
- If you spy the couple inside the room and the ship arrive to island there is a camera bug when you arrive the island.

-the corruption of the player should be slow, i feel was a little rushed up when the player accepts to be a pet and be raped by the criminal.
-If you are working alone in this project try to simplify your content focus creating the world first then the quest and last part the sexual content.

Good luck . :)

I think the feedback on lighting and sound is great. As other commentators have said the story promises a darker experience than it delivers. I was thinking adjusting the atmosphere through sound, lighting and weather would be one way to fix that. I'll check on the camera bug, but it might have just been unlucky. Sometimes the scenes may last 12 seconds one play through and 15 on the next without me even changing anything. These timing discrepancies have the potential to cause issues with scripts and stuff if the scene runs long or something. I originally wanted to have the corruption be slow as well but wasn't sure how to achieve that. It's not easy because the way I envision the player at the start isnt necesarrily Dominant or resistant but neutral. Because of that the player should still have agency over there choices. The player can choose to submit or resist. This makes it hard to achieve slow corruption because the player doesn't automatically choose the option to resist. If you want to roleplay your character as being slowly corrupted you have the option of doing so but you wont necessarily be forced too by the mod . To be clear as you make more and more submissive choices your future dialogue and events will become harsher and harsher as a result, however the speed at which that corruption takes place will be entirely up to the player and not be forced by the mod. Also if you choose more and more dominant choices then that will shape dialogue and future events in the other direction. 

On 2/3/2019 at 3:08 AM, afa said:

I haven't explore everything yet, I am not sure what causes the ship to "reach its destination" But I think that should be activate manually right now, or maybe progression shouldn't even be there since as far as I know there's no way to go back.

First time around I peek through the peephole and then went inside selection some option and the mod ended.

The next time I try the VR headset and the mod ended after the back to reality scene.

I am getting CTD in the "good ending" VR branch, both yes and no answer with Romeo results in CTD.

Now for random rambling...

Reveal hidden contents

Aeons ago I had in mind a mod very similar to this in both concept and introduction, but was for Skyrim. The whole PC takes a boat to a new landmass to do whatever you want and therefore disconnecting itself from conflicts with the main game.
I thought about keeping the PC gear in check by coming up with some reason to stash it, and what kind of mischief is possible on the boat ride...paying for the boat ride, working for the boat ride, etc.
However I sort of came to the conclusion that the boat ride itself should be fairly uneventful.
If this is going to be a gradual corruption mod then it shouldn't start with a show stopper so to speak, as such the introduction would not need an abundant amount of content. Unless the boat ride itself is meant to be much longer and is a key component. But I am guessing this little demo is also use for testing various triggers and scene.

The ship reaches its destination right now after a "major event." Major events being the supply shed event/VR event/ and mistaken slave event. I did this because I wanted to simulate that you only had so much time before you reached your destination. As others have said it feels awkward, and doesnt really achieve my goal, so I plan to change it in the future. I plan to add a way back, this version was mostly me wanting to get feedback before moving forward and I just didn't think to include a way back. As someone else mentioned you can just use the console to get back in the meantime. Thanks for letting me know about the romeo crash ill check it out and get it fixed. It sounds like we had a very similar idea, although the reason I want a seperate island isn't to detach itself fromt he main game as it was to avoid conflicts with other mods competing for real estate. Also I want to add callbacks and quests that tie into the main story in some instances. As you've guessed the boat ride is mostly and excuse to get you to the island while allowing me to test some scripts and ideas.

Both you and a previous poster mentioned aspects of slow corruption which is obviously a theme in my mod. However I don't think I can implement it the way you guys expect. It seems you want the player to resist any form of sex or kinky situation at first and then slowly open up to the idea eventually. The way I would intend to implement it is a mental change over time that results in players having less or more agency depending on there previous choices.

For example lets say a guy walks up to you

Your invisible stat sheet has your sub-dom stat as nuetral

Guy says:  Kneel and suck my cock whore

Player Response

(Yes - Submissive)

(I dont know - Slight Submissive)

(no - nuetral/dominant)

(No you lick my asshole - Dominant)

In this situation you can choose to submit even though you aren't "corrupted," or you can refuse. You are still free to roleplay a slow corruption character here if you want.

But over time as your choices lead you to become more submissive your ability to choose your outcome will lessen. Lets look at the same event.

Your invisible stat sheet now has your sub-dom stat as slightly submissive

Player Response

(Yes sir - Submissive)

(Yes - Submissive)

(I don't know - slight submissive)

(No - Dominant)

In this way the player is becoming more "corrupted". The change is mostly mental and revolves around the players agency.  This is how I intent to simulate slow corruption, not necessarily by blocking off sex or something till the player is sufficiently exposed.

And then the same event as you are even more submissive.

Your invisible stat sheet now has your sub-dom stat as very submissive

Player Response

(Yes sir - Submissive)

(Yes sir - Submissive)

(Yes sir - Submissive)

(Yes sir - Submissive)

I think this example shows how I intend to handle "corruption". It also shows something that will be a core feature of the mod. Random repeatable encounters that change dynamically depending on your stats. Having said all there will still be content that requires a certain level of corruption or submission to advance.

5 hours ago, Kickinit09 said:

Both you and a previous poster mentioned aspects of slow corruption which is obviously a theme in my mod. However I don't think I can implement it the way you guys expect. It seems you want the player to resist any form of sex or kinky situation at first and then slowly open up to the idea eventually. The way I would intend to implement it is a mental change over time that results in players having less or more agency depending on there previous choices.

What you're looking for here, can be readily accomplished with Sex Attributes Framework. It essentially already has a dom/sub trait system, support for DD if you want it, and any other stats along these lines. 

GIve it a look, there's no need to reinvent the wheel here, if you don't have to. ;)

8 hours ago, WandererZero said:

What you're looking for here, can be readily accomplished with Sex Attributes Framework. It essentially already has a dom/sub trait system, support for DD if you want it, and any other stats along these lines. 

GIve it a look, there's no need to reinvent the wheel here, if you don't have to. ;)

A framework like that would be nice to track a bunch of interesting stats behind the scenes but unfortunately the way it handles sub/dom wouldn't work for me. They have you just choose weather your sub or dom at the start and it stays static. The way i'm going to implement it requires it to be dynamic and you can change it over time through your actions.

3 minutes ago, Kickinit09 said:

A framework like that would be nice to track a bunch of interesting stats behind the scenes but unfortunately the way it handles sub/dom wouldn't work for me. They have you just choose weather your sub or dom at the start and it stays static. The way i'm going to implement it requires it to be dynamic and you can change it over time through your actions.

That is only the starting point. Static at beginning but goes up or down based on actions..... it acts much like adding buffs/debuffs to the SPECIALs......

So it is dynamic for sure.

Look at sexual harrassment to see how it modifies the dom/sub.  Raiders Pet also... 

John