Sims 4 Adult Comic: Oasis Springs (PDF) [Issue #32 Uploaded August 18]

In Feb 2017 I started to play Sims 4 and saw the potential for an adult-themed Sims 4 comic. Having checked available mods I quickly began what was originally going to be a very simplistic, sexually themed comic. Much like what I see here. 

It grew beyond that. Thanks to the modders available on this site, I present to you the adventures of Seymour Manson in Oasis Springs. Seymour is actually from a friend's Sims 2 and 3 gameplay. He was a womanizer who lined the women up and knocked them down. Or was it up?

This is very "Sims wacky", tongue in cheek and roll your eyes kinda humor. Just something to put a smile on your face. There isn't as much sexual content in this comic compared to what I see here in the Sims 4 forum so if you're looking for stories to compel you to type with one hand, these likely won't help. If you're looking for something more tongue in cheek, this is it.

Each Issue is at least a 64 page downloadable PDF.  Sometimes more gets added. The comics, for the time being, are never really in their final draft.

PromoCover01JPG.thumb.jpg.af845bceab46e68a3c024428c01bc150.jpg

Latest ISSUES:  #30, #31, #32
           Issue30-thb.png.6bfa34446bc096006a3802b677fb79a0.pngIssue31Issue32

COMIC ISSUES #1 to #31 are below in the SPOILER section:

Spoiler

Issue 01 Issue 02 Issue 03

Issue 04  Issue 05  Issue 06

Issue 07 Issue 08 Issue 09

Issue 10 Issue 11 Issue 12

Issue 13 Issue 14 Issue 15

Issue 16 Issue 17 Issue 18

Issue 19 Issue 20 Issue 21

Issue 22 Issue 23 Issue 24

Issue 25 Issue 26 Issue 27

Issue28-thb.png.dca76b11815440728091df38ef2bb73a.pngIssue29Issue30Issue31-thb.png.1672e4ae03553bbc660bf2f31aa9bad1.pngIssue32-thb.png.8b7d0dcea1609d62fbaeef279fa15aa5.png

ComicLife3.png 

I skimmed through a couple issues. I mostly read DC / Marvel Comics, so my opinion may be skewed. Some of the dialogue seems a bit awkward (again I only read a few sections at a time, so it may be out of context). However, the comic is very well done. It is a bit humorous, as the author says. I'd recommend it to anyone looking for some longer, less serious, Sims 4 stories to pass the time.

Thanks for sharing! ?

• 2 weeks later...

Appreciate that. For now I'm working on redoing an old story from my Sims 3 days. It is a little weird. All my old stories were expressed through icons and emojis, and only when necessary -- somewhat similar to the way sims communicate. This story requires specific dialogue, so I never actually finished it. It will be my first (assuming I can finish it) story using text. I'm just about done flushing out the plot. I'll run it by you when I am, and maybe you can give me some feedback.

• 2 weeks later...

The best tip I have is to play around with it. There are templates there to help out and I use some of them. I generally stick to the 6 cell staggered look for my main format. I could get creative, but I don't want to spend the time doing it as it slows me down.

CTRL + Z is your best friend.

There are a few quirky design features which may frustrate you but once you're used to it you'll be fine.

First off, on the lower right, you have 3 tabs. Photos, Explorer, Camera.  I always use Explorer.  Then I can map it to my Sims 4\ScreenShots folder. All images taken in that folder show up there. By default they show up as two columns, but if you use that slider to make the thumbs bigger, it will turn into one column.

Major Advice here, organize your screenshots folder or whatever folder you intend on using. If I take bunch of screenshots in game, when I come out of game, I go to my screenshots folder, create a new folder called "SeymourBangsAnotherChick", and move all appropriate screenhots into it. Then, within that subfolder, I can further organize. I can make a Part1 where I put the first part of my screenshots in there and then Part2 for the next phase of the scene. It just keeps you from having to scroll through so many screenshots to find what you're looking for. 

For ease of use, on my desktop, I have a shortcut to the Sims4 screenshots folder and a shortcut to Documents\My Comics\ folder. First one for quick access to the folder of screenshots and the second one quick access to the default save folder for your comics.

Exporting your comics!
You can export to PDF (which is what I do most of the time), or images (JPG) or some  ePub and CBZ format which I'm not familiar with.  In either cases, you get to select your image quality and this will determine how much disk space your comic project will use. I've found that 150 dpi and half quality for JPG is sufficient and keeps the files small. You can play around with that and determine what suits you. I used to do them 600 dpi and max and it just creates big files that take longer to transfer/load etc.

- Talk Bubbles with Tails - You can grab the tip of the tail and swing that baby around to point to your Sim's mouth. Very convenient and slick, except if you adjust the tail's curvature by adjusting the curve bar, you won't be able to swing that tail again. So myself, I rarely adjust the tail's curvature. 

- Cell boxes - You can adjust the dimensions of the cell box, but as soon as you drop an image into it, you can only scale the size of the box. I often have to pull the image out, put it on the side or border for a moment, adjust the cell and then throw the image back in. I wish there was a toggle key like SHIFT which would help me toggle from scaling to adjusting dimensions.

- Your default Font in your talk bubbles or text box.  Let's say you don't really care for the default font the talk bubble offers. For instance I use DigitalStrip, BOLD, 9. Now, if I have a long comic, I'm gonna have to manually update a lot of talk bubbles.

No... In the first talk bubble you place, or any talk bubble if you already placed a bunch, select your desired font, format and size.
Click away from the talk bubble after you've made your changes. Ex: Click on the border of the page but on nothing.
Now just click on the talk bubble once as if you're going to adjust it's dimensions a little. Basically so you're selecting the bubble and not the text inside.
Look to the column of custom talk bubble templates on the left. The first one should be your default one. There is a little yellow check mark there. 
Click and HOLD that little yellow check mark. You'll seen an "Update" option. Select it.

Now ALL your talk bubbles of that type will change to your new default for this comic/file. Saves you from having to manually update them all.

If you start a new file/comic, you'll have to do that again.

When you first click on a cell, you select the cell. If you double click on the cell, you will select the image in it. (if there is one). When you have the image selected, you can move it around within the cell and also you have different options on the left. You have a small variety of filters available. Selecting those filters will change the look of the image within that cell.

This is all that comes to mind for now, but I may update this as it may serve as a good FAQ for people starting out.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
10 hours ago, SeymourM said:

Thanks guys. 
I try to make the comics semi sexual with all of the wackiness we should expect from the Sims world. So things are exaggerated, silly, unrealistic, mildy funny and hopefully entertaining.

Mission Accomplished! ?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...