Muggrug
Betty (Elbethien)

Momo
syn420

+ any I missed!
(much thanks!)

Description
===========

This is a major overhaul of the Leyawiin area from the Elswyer border to the far East map edge (Cell Line +69). It goes north to about the -29 Cell Line. That's around Fort Blueblood, latitude-wise. To the South...this mod goes all the way to the southern edge (-69 Cell Line).

As far as what this mod does...

1. Add greatly to the Leyawiin region: more trees/shrubs/flora/rocks/NPCs/monsters/player homes/etc. Named NPCs have full AI and daily routines. Thy will respawn if they get bumped-off. 
2. Fixes the too numerous to count sharp terrain conflict lines present in this area.
3. Adds a massive swampy moor beyond the eastern border regions (Black Marsh). It's HUGE. The terrain had to be mostly painted from scratch as literally nothing existed out there save the odd tree. This area is fully pathed for AI and populated with monsters, etc. Almost all monster spawns are by percentage and many are unleveled...so beware. I'll let you figure-out the rest...
4. There are no quests...just adventure/treasure. Interiors are copies of stock interiors with some changes here and there. 
5. This is NOT lore friendly. But it is fair and balanced and ideal for companions like Vilja, etc.
6. This mod includes Muggrug's Sub-Tropical South as well as a fix for the Niben River/Topal Bay connection based on sny420's mod. So not big enough for ships...by any means. But they do join! :) Feel free to swap-out Muggrug's trees for others if you so desire. I know some folks prefer other tree types.
7. It doesn't pay a lot of attention to Argonians, oddly enough. But other familiar themes will soon become apparent while exploring...
8. Some attention was paid to the Leyawiin/Elswyer border region...mainly sinking annoying floating trees. I think I got them all. This area has long been a bit of a dead zone in most folk's Oblivion.
9. A permanent guard outside the one gate in Leyawiin near the stable. He just stands there. Poor guy is probably tired so bring him a beer.

Conflicts
==========

Pretty much anything that affects the Leyawiin region. Black Marsh Wilderness is, however, designed to work with Elsweyr and DLC Vile Lair...hopefully as seamlessly on your rig as it is on mine. I was a big fan of 'Tales From Elsweyr Anequina' until I started building this mod and got a good look at the BIG issues that 'Tales From Elsweyr Anequina' has in terrain painting and how it affects the original Elswyer mod. I don't recommend it in use with this particular set-up. But...experiment if you must.  

Load Order: Black Marsh should sit *above* Elsweyr and Vile Lair in your load order (using Oblivion Mod Manager available @ Nexus). If you're missing lots of cattails surrounding Leyawiin, some other mod needs to be loaded above Black Marsh. If you have Knights of the Nine active, load it after Black Marsh, as well.

I made no elevation changes, so smaller mods are likely to still work with only minor conflicts...a bush or rock in the way...etc. Easily fixed in the Construction Set if you're familiar with this program...or let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Install & Requirements 
===========

-Empty the Black Marsh Wilderness folder into your Oblivion data folder (meshes/textures/water statics/esp)

-Border Regions must be disabled (see below for how-to).

-Oblivion should be patched. Shivering Isles might be required though I don't recall using any of SI's resources. 

-There might be a landscape tear near Alabaster that has no patch as of yet. However, if you use Land Magic, it will patch it and any other landscape issues you're having.

https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/30519

I tried to set all trees a bit deeper than usual for those that use mods like 'Natural Environments' by Max Tael which scales-up tree sizes. This should prevent most trees from 'floating' or showing their bases....annoying.

Cleaning, etc

===========

-This esp has NOT been cleaned and care should be taken when cleaning if you feel you have to. It's been running for months here in playtesting without trouble. There have been many base terrain textures & grass fixes done and I'm not sure if they'd revert back to the original if the esp cleaned...experiment. Muggrug's Sub Tropical South made some changes to the Leyawiin City World which I'd have prefered he not have...but there are not too many. Leyawiin is a bit of a trainwreck, anyways, in terms of gaps in the walls...sunken walls...and missing fence posts. So if you have a mod that overhauls Leyawiin, itself, run it below Black Marsh in your load order to trump this esp in priority. I made a fix to the Leyawinn Castle that covers the see-through bits along the walls. I think this mesh error was present in both the stock castle and the Imperial Empire-Unique Castles version (which I'm using).

============
Uninstall:
============

Just deactivate the esp and delete it. Leaving the few resources behind is not a problem and best left alone if your Oblivion is heavily modded. You never know what other mods use the same resources. Various utilities can be used to handle your mods which many old salts (the majority of Oblivion players, I assume) are already well aware of. If you toggle mods on and off as some do, this can be done safely as far as I can tell...no trouble here.  

Suggested:
============

-Imperial Empire-Unique Castles: This is the Leyawiin castle I used while building Black Marsh Wilderness. 
https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/22446/?

-A mod that makes Lilly of the Valley give ingredients (missing in Oblivion) is a good idea. I use this one by EggDropSoap: 
http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/15609/?

-A mod to add new distant LOD is suggested. I use this one. Run it as instructed to get the new features at a distance.
http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/15781/?

-A mod that allows more actors/creatures in a complex scene or fight. Many mods do this, but this one is stand alone. Mass-AI
http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/8158/?

-Natural Environments which will make the Black Marsh even more wilderness-y. The weather part has been upgraded by newer mods. But it's still beautiful if a tad buggy. 
http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/2536/?

-If frame rates are an issue for you...when aren't they?...I highly recommend using Low Poly Grass so you can enjoy Black Marsh in 'full cattail'...so to speak.
http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/5434/?

-Experiencing tears and gaps in your landscape from too many mods playing with the terrain? Try this little marvel out by DarklyDreaming. Land Magic... Dog swears by it.
http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/30519/?

Common Complaints:
==================

Hey...none of my NPCs/critters are moving! 

This is common in many modded Oblivions where some script is getting in the way *or* some large number of spawn is going over the limit set in Oblivion. In Black Marsh's case, it's the latter. The Oblivion game engine will ~eventually~ get around to issuing them orders. See: Mass-AI in the suggested section if you run into issues.

I can't see some map markers! 

I know...Black Marsh extends beyond the map edges (F4) for many cells. I figured this out at some point and stopped marking them...lol. You won't be able to travel to a few locations that are marked unless you have a modded map that allows you to see them.

Versions:
============

This is the first version for public release. It existed as a personal mod for my wife for about a year already.

******IMPORTANT*******: 

In order to reach Black Marsh, you need to disable "Border Regions". 

Head to your Documents / My Games / Oblivion Folder.
Look for the "Oblivion.ini" File. Double Click it, and it will open in Notepad.
Press Ctrl+F to open the "Find Dialogue".
Type bBorderRegionsEnabled and press "Find".
Once it's found the line, head to the end of "bBorderRegionsEnabled=1" and change it to: bBorderRegionsEnabled=0 

Legal Mumbo-jumbo
================

Anybody wishing to use this mod in their own project is free to as long as proper credit is given to all the involved parties. Commercial use is forbidden. If for any reason there are objections to Black Marsh Wilderness, please contact me and I'll see what I can do to rectify things. I aim to please. 

Cheers and Enjoy!

Rolf (DogOnPorch)

This MOD is "as-is" and limited release.

Mirror

http://www.mediafire.com/file/7lgx06ah820plmc/BlackMarshWilderness12062018.7z/file

View File

19 hours ago, fejeena said:

SPB Curvaceous (both version) is also in SetBody reloaded.   https://www.loverslab.com/topic/13908-setbody-reloaded/?page=18&tab=comments#comment-491779

The original mod meshes (Nexus Links) are very dirty and should be cleaned with NifSkope. In Set body reloaded are cleaned meshes.

Great body, though. Everything jiggles...heh. Needs an addon pussy and anus, though....I just made it a tail slot item you can equip by stripping off the Double Melon lower body mesh. Works well enough. Amber tried a few times to rebuild it with her pussy mesh added...but it kept affecting the texture colours between upper and lower. Didn't quite match...even though materials and settings were identical.

Ave Brave built a set of replacers for most of the stock clothes.

9 minutes ago, mem4ob4 said:

Really great playground to explore Rolf.

Thanks for sharing.

Mem

Thanks very much, Mem. And you're also welcome. 

Any resemblance between it and a certain famous American Civil War battlefield are purely coincidental.

:classic_wink:

Hammerfell Wilderness does pretty much the same thing only out West if you haven't tried it yet. Fill those empty areas...