Senran Kagura Burst ReNewal Modding

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi all, I'm back again.

Since the last time I experienced several times with SK modding, both BRN and EV. However recently, i started to edit the models of some outfits and I fell on a problem: the texture of the concerned outfits are bugged, "misplaced", I don't know how to describe it. Do someone know anything I can do to fix it, please?

It occurs only at the final phase of the Transformation, the rest of the time, everything is fine. (Forgetting the frequent clipping because I am not a good modeler)

Here are the experiments and a cap of the bug... (E3 =  Second screen of the bug; E4 = Expected Result)

Edit: Someone here talked about glitches with "transformation light rays" or something like that, any link between my problem and this? Definitely No.

Edit 2: Testing another experiment showed a piece of the problem. The Second phase of the Transformation uses the original model before my edit, in some sort. May create a shift in the way the texture is used. If I can find the model used in that phase or something, I can fix it. But I need help on: What should I check to find it?

CaptureBug.PNG

21.zip

CaptureBug2.PNG

The part of the cutscene on the other experiment that cleared things up.

E4:

TCaptureExpectedResult.PNG

The experimented outfit.

Note that the skirt in the animation is way shorter than it supposed to be, the outfit being no more a simple skirted top, but a trench coat. In the cinematic, it doesn't appear as a trench coat.

Edit 5 and final one: Found the problem. The last models weren't for decoration (you know, those at the end of the list, like gp063), they were the models concerning the one used in the Cinematic. Now fixed.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/21/2019 at 8:55 AM, S_S_Majin said:

Braless Costumes Pack 1

Braless Costumes Pack 2

Braless Costumes Pack 3-1

Braless Costumes Pack 3-2

Braless Costumes Pack 4-1

Braless Costumes Pack 4-2

Braless Costumes Pack 4-3

Braless Costumes Pack 4-4

I'm a little late to the party. First off, good work on these.

The one part I found to be a shame was that you chose the alt outfits of the ones that have personal outfits. For example Yomi, Yumi, Yozakura, Miyabi and Imu (some others too) are all the short versions of their ninja outfits. Both for the characters themselves aswell as for anyone else who equips them, meaning for example 10_00_H.cat and 10a_00_H.cat are one and the same file. In this scenario the 10a file was the base for all of it meaning the really short yukata for Yumi instead of her original long one.

Now, I am not at all familiar with how you go about editing these. Is it by hex editing or some other type of software? If by hex editing, how on earth do you locate the correct adresses to make these adjustments?

If I have the means I don't mind going about fixing this all up on my own, but I don't really know where to start.

10 hours ago, mrhacl said:

The one part I found to be a shame was that you chose the alt outfits of the ones that have personal outfits. For example Yomi, Yumi, Yozakura, Miyabi and Imu (some others too) are all the short versions of their ninja outfits. Both for the characters themselves aswell as for anyone else who equips them, meaning for example 10_00_H.cat and 10a_00_H.cat are one and the same file. In this scenario the 10a file was the base for all of it meaning the really short yukata for Yumi instead of her original long one.

I knew that they had two different versions of the costumes, but they were adapted to shorten the length of the costumes so I unified them with short ones.
There were too many costumes to change, it was a bother. I'm sorry.

10 hours ago, mrhacl said:

Now, I am not at all familiar with how you go about editing these. Is it by hex editing or some other type of software? If by hex editing, how on earth do you locate the correct adresses to make these adjustments?

If I have the means I don't mind going about fixing this all up on my own, but I don't really know where to start.

Please refer to the past topics for information on how to modify costumes. GOOD LUCK!! ☺️

On 2/17/2019 at 9:55 AM, S_S_Majin said:

1. Extract the cat file with SKEVa_cat_ana.
2. Convert the tmd file(Model data) to an mqo file with SK_TMD_TOOL.
3. Edit the mqo file in Metasequoia(3D modeling software).
4. Reverts to the original file format after editing.
Please refer to the past posts by The Butler and qberr for details.

SKEVa_cat_ana
http://www.mediafire.com/file/w8f7anmj5n3nnz6/SKEV_cat_ana_batch.rar/file
SK_TMD_TOOL
https://ux.getuploader.com/sk_mod/download/86
Metasequoia
http://www.metaseq.net/jp/download/

15 hours ago, S_S_Majin said:

I knew that they had two different versions of the costumes, but they were adapted to shorten the length of the costumes so I unified them with short ones.
There were too many costumes to change, it was a bother. I'm sorry.

Please refer to the past topics for information on how to modify costumes. GOOD LUCK!! ☺️

Okay, checking through some of the posts it looks like theres more to it than I would have imagined. Feeling a little lost but I'll see what I can come up with.

The first attempt resulted in this, and I'm not entirely sure what I'm missing:

Spoiler

j6EetOT.jpg

I'll keep experimenting with it a bit. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

• 2 weeks later...