Senran Kagura Burst ReNewal Modding

On 1/25/2019 at 9:38 AM, Blue cat said:

Custom Body Scales template for 010 Editor (Updated version for SKBRN) 

The binary file has a lot of unused slots for the characters, seems saves the parameters for all SK girls. But they are not used now and are marked as “Unused”.

Total: 23 girls + Rin(only ninja room).

File location: GameData\Binary\Param\Player\plbodyscl.bin

SKBRN Custom Body Scales.bt 4.13 kB · 172 downloads

In addition ready to use "smaller boobs" mod, -40% of the original size.

SKBRN Smaller boobs.zip 1.49 kB · 141 downloads

Hide contents

2019-01-25_19-25-29.png.463692679ee733cd9891a095c83b34c3.png

Hide contents

2019-01-25_19-19-00.png.08044500e2f6b36a1b1936ed7e3bcf32.png

where do i put the custom body file at?

14 hours ago, Monty-R said:

Is it possible to make Ryōbi stay with her big boobs form all the time? Like replacing her flatted model with her post-transformation model?

It's possible to replace a model's flatted with a big boobs, but her boobs won't sway except in diorama mode.
and it takes time compared to braless remodeling.

On 3/1/2019 at 10:03 PM, S_S_Majin said:

Braless Costumes Pack 2 (All Colors)

Braless Costumes Pack 2.7z
The following costumes are included.
- Bubbles
- Survival Shirt
- Top Cover T-Shirt
- Cutie Melon
- Tiger Gal
- Famitsu Water Bubble One-Piece
- GEO Idol Fan Club Tee
- Beautiful Samething Yukata
- Delivery Girl
- Loose Overalls
- Hot Night Pajamas
- Barely Outdoors
- Hebijo Uniform (Loose Socks)
- Hebijo Uniform (Long Skirt)
- Re:Newal Old Hanzo Uniform

1240812835_BralessCostumesPack2-1.JPG.86b7ffb7f3471ca7ace4b15bb31354de.JPG

220340873_BralessCostumesPack2-2.JPG.d284fa4d3f2ea648247197c531f4d016.JPG

There is a little strange bonus.

This is perfect. Thank you for your kindness!~

10 hours ago, adamgrateness said:

So, I noticed that Murakumo's top now jiggles with her breasts instead of staying in place like it used to. Is this a bug?

I didn't aim for it, so it's a bug. however, I do not modify it because I think it is preferable.

9 hours ago, Alphaneos said:

would it be possible to change the pants on the gessen outfit, Ikaruga's outfit and the fluffy santa outfit to kneesocks? 

I think it's impossible, but I'll try if I can afford it. but don't hold your breath.

the old braless mods stillwork for old assets

for the new assets, the material identifications changed slightly

burst reneweal uses 6 bytes chunks, which is slightly different from the 8 bytes chunks from SKEV

this is the chunk describing the material that has the 1st or 2nd stage break bra 31_00_H (tattered uniform) 

06 60 10 30 00 10 

the first byte is common to 2 of the 3 bra materials, the third bra material has a 10, different outfits have different body/bra tags

second byte is common in all materials (like in SKEV)

the third is the single id

30 is visibility, works exactly like SKEV

00 and 10 are common to all material chunks

for comparison this is the other break stage bra chunk

06 60 24 30 00 10

the method to remove bra is unchanged:

*) edit the one id (third byte) from the break stage upper bodies (the one with the chest cavities), make it the same to the upper body without chest cavities

eg, using 31_00:

00 60 0f 30 00 10 //1st stage upper body

00 60 23 30 00 10//2st stage upper body

00 60 27 30 00 10//complete upper body

after editing becomes

00 60 27 30 00 10 //1st stage upper body

00 60 27 30 00 10//2st stage upper body

00 60 27 30 00 10//complete upper body

*)change visibility byte of 1st and 2nd stage break bra

06 60 10 30 00 10 -> 06 60 10 00 00 10 

06 60 24 30 00 10 -> 06 60 24 00 00 10

this should be repeated for the flat chest versions

i dont care about flat chests so i didnt bother but method should be the same

to make it easier to find the ids (instead of changing them one by one by tril and error) you can 

1) unpack the cat using SKEV_cat_ana

2) convert the tmd into mqo using SK_TMD_TOOL

3) open the mqo in metasequoia (premiumware with 30d trial)

4) look for chest/bra material by clicking "show selected parts only" and then "sel mat"(select current material)

5) once you have found the chest/bra material you can get the id from the material name

eg: metasequoia material gp035, 35 converted to hex is 23 so the chunk will be the one containing 60 23 30 00 10

you can also edit models using metasequoia AS LONG AS YOU DO NOT DELETE OR ADD VERTEX

you can then convert the mqo back to tmd then repack the cat

attached file is 31_00_H braless (big breasts only)

referenced tools can be found in google

Hi!

I got SKBRN recently and recently tried to identify and modify one costume. Succesfully identified it - Yuyaki's Outfit with id 74_00 - and tried several methods to remove the top (and the bra by the way) but I don't understand some things:

- Which file i have to check to apply the above method? Checked the .moq, .pat , and even the .tmd of his attachment, only the Tmd contain the hexadecimals he was speaking about, but not sure if the Tmd file IS the file i should touch.

- How to identify the parts' ids in the file in this case? The function "show selected parts only" exists only  on the objects' panel... where there is only one thing, the model you are editing. The material panel does'nt display that command.

Thanks.

(Off topic but by the way: Loverslab is slower than usual i find. Something happened or?

7 hours ago, Ender Sareyz said:

Hi!

I got SKBRN recently and recently tried to identify and modify one costume. Succesfully identified it - Yuyaki's Outfit with id 74_00 - and tried several methods to remove the top (and the bra by the way) but I don't understand some things:

- Which file i have to check to apply the above method? Checked the .moq, .pat , and even the .tmd of his attachment, only the Tmd contain the hexadecimals he was speaking about, but not sure if the Tmd file IS the file i should touch.

- How to identify the parts' ids in the file in this case? The function "show selected parts only" exists only  on the objects' panel... where there is only one thing, the model you are editing. The material panel does'nt display that command.

Thanks.

(Off topic but by the way: Loverslab is slower than usual i find. Something happened or?

You must hex edit both _H.cat and _L.cat files.

Yes loverslab is really slow lately and the site is often offline.
Maybe they are making changes since it started to happen after they made some changes regarding attachments and images.

14 hours ago, The Butler said:

You must hex edit both _H.cat and _L.cat files.

Yes loverslab is really slow lately and the site is often offline.
Maybe they are making changes since it started to happen after they made some changes regarding attachments and images.

I meant: Which files in the .cat files? the .pac? the .tmd? the .pat? or the .mqo? I already know about _H and _L but i just don't understand which of them i should edit and how to find the id of the material when i don't find any "show selected material only" in metasequoia. I send you the outfit in question.

74_00_H.cat

6 hours ago, Ender Sareyz said:

I meant: Which files in the .cat files? the .pac? the .tmd? the .pat? or the .mqo? I already know about _H and _L but i just don't understand which of them i should edit and how to find the id of the material when i don't find any "show selected material only" in metasequoia. I send you the outfit in question.

74_00_H.cat 6.32 MB · 0 downloads

You must hex edit the 74_00_H.cat  and*_L.cat itself . You will only need the .tmd file to easier find the ID on metasequoia.

Spoiler

Capture4.PNG.f7d810b8fda8a0bf60d997cfc9f77893.PNGCapture3.PNG.1735b52c1125bf792e43ba1212aed48d.PNG

Left: For those who want to check the files. ?

Right: The look of the outfit

Ah i see! Thanks! Even if finding the Id of gp003 is somewhat still my problem, now i know how to do, i will finally remove the Yayuki's outfit top (and bra). If ya want, i will come back later to submit the mods.

Edit: I finally done the modification, the goal is almost there except that i encounter a strange bug with the normal outfit. Underwear is nude and good, but the normal outfit have a problem of "Caved" breasts. I don't see how to fix it.

Second Edit: The bug only happens on intact outfit: when it begins to be torn, it go normal. I can fix it.

Third Edit: Fixed the bug and done the _L version! Let me give you the file: :)

74_00_H.cat74_00_H.cat

74_00_L.cat

P.S: If you want to use my file to create just the braless version of this outfit, you will need to edit the Top to show again, if you don't want that your girl is bare-breast with it of course.

P.S2: This outfit is for "normal" breasts, not flat chests. Currently not interested in making the flat chest version.

74_00_H.cat

Maybe this has already been answered, but I can't find anything, and the site is really slow right now, so it takes forever to search. Does anyone know where Kagura's eyes texture is? In EV it was packed with her skin, but this appears to have changed. I'm pretty sure I saw a picture of a modded Kagura that had different eyes, so I assume this is still possible.

On a different note, a properly calibrated reshade makes all the difference in this game. I've been working on a temporal AA shader which works really well with this game (unfortunately, it does't really work in screenshots, resulting in some aliasing even though there is none ingame—just imagine that it's there—it looks similar to UE4's TAA if you've ever seen that). 

Bonus screenshots: PreTransform / PostTransform  |  With Reshade / Without Reshade

P.S. I imagine this isn't news to anyone (I just haven't seen it mentioned), but EV outfits that aren't in BR can easily be ported over (e.g. Kasumi's outfit), although physics don't really work—haven't really looked into yet.

[EDIT] Typo, and reply.

@Ender Sareyz

I've tested your file, and while it does seem to work, it appears you've missed the string's bow on the back of the dress. Good job, though. I'll definitely use it if you remove the bow!

[EDIT2] Removed question. It was obvious; I shouldn't even have asked.

19 hours ago, AnonAnonyma101 said:

Maybe this has already been answered, but I can't find anything, and the site is really slow right now, so it takes forever to search. Does anyone know where Kagura's eyes texture is? In EV it was packed with her skin, but this appears to have changed. I'm pretty sure I saw a picture of a modded Kagura that had different eyes, so I assume this is still possible.

On a different note, a properly calibrated reshade makes all the difference in this game. I've been working on a temporal AA shader which works really well with this game (unfortunately, it does't really work in screenshots, resulting in some aliasing even though there is none ingame—just imagine that it's there—it looks similar to UE4's TAA if you've ever seen that). 

Bonus screenshots: PreTransform / PostTransform  |  With Reshade / Without Reshade

P.S. I imagine this isn't news to anyone (I just haven't seen it mentioned), but EV outfits that aren't in BR can easily be ported over (e.g. Kasumi's outfit), although physics don't really work—haven't really looked into yet.

[EDIT] Typo, and reply.

@Ender Sareyz

I've tested your file, and while it does seem to work, it appears you've missed the string's bow on the back of the dress. Good job, though. I'll definitely use it if you remove the bow!

[EDIT2] Removed question. It was obvious; I shouldn't even have asked.

hi! really nice work!!!  i want to try your reshade, how should i proceed? ^^

On 3/17/2019 at 12:49 PM, kankikun said:

hi! really nice work!!!  i want to try your reshade, how should i proceed? ^^

Thanks! I have not posted it yet. I'm still tweaking the deband.

I just spent over half an hour overhauling my Kagura into a full fledged succubus (old version is in my previous post for comparison) to test the limitations of the skin texture resolution. I think I managed to do pretty good for such a small amount of work, even though the breasts are stretching the texture to its limit (my Kagura has a much bigger bust than my other characters, which wasn't a great choice for this particular test).

Pre and Post Transform Pin-up (noDOF)

Closeup 1Closeup 2Closeup 3Closeup 4Closeup 5 (no_DOF)Closeup 6Closeup 7 (no_DOF)Closeup 8Closeup 9 | Closeup 10

P.S. These screenshots were taken before I finished the feet, so there's nothing below the ankles. All warping was done freehand, so I still have some adjusting to do.

[EDIT] I had a spare moment after work, and decided to finish Succubus Kagura. I focused on creating reusable assets for other characters, so this may be handy for someone else down the road. I finished a blend texture for abs, along with the corresponding normals. I added venus dimples to the base body, also with normals (might be hard to tell in the screenshots). I redid the body finish to have a satin appearance (this can only be fully appreciated in UHD, but you can kinda tell if you look at this picture at 100% zoom, the skin is slightly sparkly (I also removed all texture noise, obviously). If the engine wasn't so dated, and well... downright garbage, we could easily add a ton of details, but so far I haven't been able to get stable gameplay above 2K (_L). This is clearly an engine limitation, because I could literally store the entire game in VRAM, yet it still finds a way to crash (seemingly due to memory reasons).