impossible to run it

Hello, firstly i'm not English so i'm sorry if i do somes or many mistakes.

this 2 last weeks i tried to play with mods requiring sexlab but impossible, i tried principaly estrus, but the character stand on her feets, and it's the same for all sex mods requiring sexlab. i installed it three times and fnis too two times, but Nothing to do, it Don't works, i realize that when i launch fnis, it load all mod except Sexlab, or any animation. i tried many things, like change installation location but Nothing works, I'm at the limit to use my Voodoo skills, someone can try to help me please ?

10 hours ago, EyeSword said:

But if Fnis is installed incorrectly, why other mods works ? Then how intall it ? Because i tried many different types of intallation but the result is the same . . .

There can't be that many different ways to install something, there is only one way: the proper way.

Why don't you tell us more details about your Skyrim and mods setup? Mod manager, installation paths for the usual tools/steam/skyrim, and so on.

I've follow installation setup give on Nexus Mod, install the Fnis inside data folder of skyrim but the software don't find sexlab. I'm sorry to can't tell you more about my setup for now, i'm in an internship, also can't use my computer before saturday . . . I'll try to install a new time friday then tell you, but if you have ideas i take them

• 2 weeks later...

hey again. I've follow the tutorial of you Nazzzgul666. But my FNIS running as same as before  . . . (you can view on the Screenshot) how could i make work it ? is it a problem if my FNIS is a 32bits version and i have a pc in 64 ?

Capture.PNG

EDIT : i ran SKSE after posting this message. i Don't know if it could help, but i have in my McM option "sexlab", full. and i have the two spells "sexlab debbug" so does it mean that my mod is properly intalled ?

Spoiler
13 hours ago, EyeSword said:

hey again. I've follow the tutorial of you Nazzzgul666. But my FNIS running as same as before  . . . (you can view on the Screenshot) how could i make work it ? is it a problem if my FNIS is a 32bits version and i have a pc in 64 ?

Capture.PNG

EDIT : i ran SKSE after posting this message. i Don't know if it could help, but i have in my McM option "sexlab", full. and i have the two spells "sexlab debbug" so does it mean that my mod is properly intalled ?

It sounds like your copy of FNIS is not being run through your mod manager. All mod managers can run Tools through their programs. When you don't do that your FNIS often looks in the wrong place for your Skyrim files including mods.

Thanks Pasalam, but what i should do ? i need to install (again) FNIS Inside special folder ? Or is it my MO whose wrongly installed ? does MO need to be in same folder as skyrim or on the same disk it's okay ?

I hope a fast answer, thanks to try to help me

9 minutes ago, EyeSword said:

Thanks Pasalam, but what i should do ? i need to install (again) FNIS Inside special folder ? Or is it my MO whose wrongly installed ? does MO need to be in same folder as skyrim or on the same disk it's okay ?

How are you starting the FNIS? MO should be locking itself while it's running. Doing from Windows shortcut or file explorer are not correct. There wasn't any SL mods found in the log, you should be seeing thousands of animations added if it were to work.

"does MO need to be in same folder as skyrim"; No, it should be "somewhere" else.

And you should let MO install FNIS as it was any other mod.

Spoiler
18 minutes ago, EyeSword said:

Zaflis has the right of it. I use NMM which places its tools separately BUT it should be loaded by MO "like any other mod" and then RUN through MO.

10 minutes ago, EyeSword said:

When I start FNIS by MO, like i start SKSE, MO lock itself when FNIS is running

That's normal. Just run the fnis patcher and generate the files, then close fnis and the patch should be in the overwrite folder (you can leave them there or right click and "Create Mod..." to put those files on a custom folder (on the left panel of MO, like any other mod you have).

MO can be installed outside of the default skyrim folder, just keep them in the same drive, just to be on the safe side.

If you need additional hep to get FNIS to work with your MO setup check this guide 

I'm not 100% sure if it's mandatory, but did you install FNIS via MO? Your install path looks a bit off to me but i never tried to install FNIS outside of Skyrim so i'm not sure if that's necessary. But since it doesn't seem to work for you, that would be the first thing i try. 

In general it's good advice to install everything possible in MO if you use MO.

to install my FNIS, i intalled it like if it was a normal mod, then add the "MO shorcut" of FNIS, opening "fnis for user". i installed it like i did on my old computer, but the old one was 32 bits. that the only one difference (with a version Windows 7 to Windows 10) I'll try to install the patch like you told me Sternum, i'll tell you then. (The picture show you my MO, maybe you'll can see Something wrong in.

1.PNG

I'd disagree with Sternum, there are pretty much unlimited options to install things wrong. I already see at least one in your screenshots:

You have both SL 1.62 full and the patch from 1.61 to 1.62 which doesn't make sense, but doesn't explain why FNIS doesn't read anything either.

For adding FNIS as executable there are more ways too and i like another better because it will prevent some possible mistakes. See my screnshot (nvm that parts are in german, i'm confident "data" is the same in english), then right click the .exe and set it as executable. When asked for a name make sure you don't confuse it with the one you already have, try something like "FNIS actually working" or something, you can change that later.

http://prntscr.com/mftg2o

Honestly i don't remember what exactly means if things are in red there. But you have another version of FNIS in "unmanaged". I suppose it's directly in your data folder, which isn't good in general but i'm not 100% sure if it's the cause of the problem.

Might be, but easier than delete it from there would be to follow what i told you, make sure the executable MO uses is actually the one that is installed in MO. Then try to run FNIS again. If it works, fine. If not, remove the other FNIS from wherever else it is.

In case of doubt, reinstall it in MO after that, FNIS has it's own procedure to figure out where it is during install and it might be off if there are mutliple versions.

4 hours ago, Nazzzgul666 said:

Honestly i don't remember what exactly means if things are in red there. But you have another version of FNIS in "unmanaged".

You're right, unmanaged mods are those that are directly installed to Skyrim data and they can interfere with Mod Organizer. However in the list the white lightning icon has a meaning too, it means "this mod is completely overriden by other mods and can be deleted". I see 2 of them; the unmanaged FNIS and ZAP 6.1 are unnecessary.

@EyeSword I'm also seeing 1 crucial mod missing - the RaceMenu. But i'm not pointing out more, it looks like you are only just starting to install more mods.

that right i've two FNIS, one tutorial told me to put it in my skyrim folder (Don't works, that's why i'm here) then i don't delete it, i'm gonna do it. For the "RaceMenu" missing, i've totally reset my MO, that's why it's missing, i installed it again in late yesterday. in effect, I've installed aproximatively 100 mods on my last computer, but now when i use a sexlab mod, the animation Don't go, my character stand on his feets, like if i was afk, but the character is naked.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello again, the mod don't work for now, i leave the game one week to changes my idea and now i come again in, it's Don't work . . . FNIS is no longer Inside the Skyrim folder so, what should i do ? to recap : i've installed it passing by MO, FNIS files are in a folder on the same disk. 

Spoiler
4 minutes ago, EyeSword said:

Hello again, the mod don't work for now, i leave the game one week to changes my idea and now i come again in, it's Don't work . . . FNIS is no longer Inside the Skyrim folder so, what should i do ? to recap : i've installed it passing by MO, FNIS files are in a folder on the same disk. 

I am going to stir up a lot of dispute but, if you are unable to work with MO, I suggest that you switch to NMM. Both have advantages but one of NMM's big advantages is simplicity. You should be able to load your FNIS in it (it loads like any other mod there).

Archived