? (Reshade link) ?

On 3/10/2019 at 12:56 AM, Cul said:

Hola, Star. :peach: That does sound weird, are you seeing this gray box at the start and does it say F9?

2019_03.09-22_45.png.ef15b92e3d0946eeb232c9739893a3e5.png 

Though wait a bit for 1st load screen, might not open until that's done. Can also try this ReShade.ini and the R key will open Reshade (place in Origin/TS4/Game/Bin)

Oops, forgot to say in my original post that I am seeing the gray box on startup. The problem was fixed when I added the ini file, I may have just needed a different overlay key. Thank you for the help! :)

On ‎3‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 5:17 AM, Morningstar76 said:

Hello, Cul. Nice mod you have here - I'm really glad it isn't a headache to install either, lol. Thanks for sharing it!

I seem to have a problem, however, the default filter and the blur work fine in-game, but I pressing F9 (or even Home) does nothing for me, the console to select different filters doesn't show up. Does it matter which version of Windows I'm on or did I just do something wrong?

It may depend on the keyboard you have, e.g. I couldn't open it on my wireless keyboard until I found out it works with Fn + F9.

Oh that makes sense. My keyboard didn't need the Fn key (just F9), so didn't realize. I will change it to some other key. Hm R is for Relationship panel.

I changed it so 9 opens Reshade (8 to toggle off, 7 for blur). Thanks for telling me. :eggplant:

On 3/11/2019 at 6:47 AM, Cul said:

Oh that makes sense. My keyboard didn't need the Fn key (just F9), so didn't realize. I will change it to some other key. Hm R is for Relationship panel.

I changed it so 9 opens Reshade (8 to toggle off, 7 for blur). Thanks for telling me. 

Cool. Really liking the new filters, by the way. ^^

On 3/11/2019 at 4:18 AM, IGI 2000 said:

It may depend on the keyboard you have, e.g. I couldn't open it on my wireless keyboard until I found out it works with Fn + F9.

Yeah, I thought about this after I tried the ini file. I have a Notebook, so hopefully this helps someone if they're having issues. 

On 3/9/2019 at 9:56 PM, Cul said:

Hola, Star. :peach: That does sound weird, are you seeing this gray box at the start and does it say F9?

2019_03.09-22_45.png.ef15b92e3d0946eeb232c9739893a3e5.png 

Though wait a bit for 1st load screen, might not open until that's done. Can also try this ReShade.ini and the R key will open Reshade (place in Origin/TS4/Game/Bin)

For some reason i cant remove the grey box at the top. It never leaves, can any one help me with that. It also shows red words at the bottom.

Hi Cul..i downloaded this but I'm also having problems..I dled the 64 bit but the grey screen didn't show up. My game was fine...but then I went into my origin account and changed to 64bit as I was running my game in 32bit and replaced the ini file you put on here and now my game won't even load up..I went to change game properties in origin to change it back but now it's not letting me use the option to go into game properties..I don't know what happened and I didn't back up the game file in origin to revert back and try again. What do I do now?

IMG_20190313_123836848.jpg

2 hours ago, Risi said:

Hi Cul..i downloaded this but I'm also having problems..I dled the 64 bit but the grey screen didn't show up. My game was fine...but then I went into my origin account and changed to 64bit as I was running my game in 32bit and replaced the ini file you put on here and now my game won't even load up..I went to change game properties in origin to change it back but now it's not letting me use the option to go into game properties..I don't know what happened and I didn't back up the game file in origin to revert back and try again. What do I do now?

IMG_20190313_123836848.jpg

Hm ok, I have read a few threads about that gray button, see for ex https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/922943/cannot-start-game-play-button-grayed-out

Reshade doesn't touch any installation files, so maybe it happened when you changed to 64 bit; press ctrl + R and write dxdiag. If it says Windows 64 bit, then try reinstalling Origin. Just to check your Windows is the right version. To temporarily uninstall Reshade, just go to Bin and delete d3d9.dll (other files don't do anything by themselves, Reshade.ini, reshade-shaders folder and aaaamovie*.ini files; don't delete Default.ini, that's a TS4 file)

5 hours ago, h.kong43 said:

For some reason i cant remove the grey box at the top. It never leaves, can any one help me with that. It also shows red words at the bottom.

Oh just press 9 to open it once, then it leaves. The "tutorial" is not gonna open, because I turned performance mode on. Though, red is bad, lemme check.

5 hours ago, h.kong43 said:

I just deleted and reinstalled Reshade and see no red warnings, pressing 9 made the gray box go away, right? In 9 > statistics tab, which ones are red? (can ignore yellow)

2019_03.13-05_34.png.9e8671940564188a50f142fc28daf8f6.png

8 hours ago, h.kong43 said:

How do you delete and reinstall it though?

Well, the cleaner way I did was deleting Reshade files first (reshade-shaders folder, d3d9.dll, Reshade.ini & the aaaamovie*.ini files in Bin), then dragging a new one to installation.

But simply extracting a new Game folder & dragging to TheSims4 installation (click replace all) would do the same, in most cases.

17 hours ago, Cul said:

Well, the cleaner way I did was deleting Reshade files first (reshade-shaders folder, d3d9.dll, Reshade.ini & the aaaamovie*.ini files in Bin), then dragging a new one to installation.

But simply extracting a new Game folder & dragging to TheSims4 installation (click replace all) would do the same, in most cases.

Nevermind, i got it to work. Thanks.

On 3/13/2019 at 2:20 PM, Cul said:

Hm ok, I have read a few threads about that gray button, see for ex https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/922943/cannot-start-game-play-button-grayed-out

Reshade doesn't touch any installation files, so maybe it happened when you changed to 64 bit; press ctrl + R and write dxdiag. If it says Windows 64 bit, then try reinstalling Origin. Just to check your Windows is the right version. To temporarily uninstall Reshade, just go to Bin and delete d3d9.dll (other files don't do anything by themselves, Reshade.ini, reshade-shaders folder and aaaamovie*.ini files; don't delete Default.ini, that's a TS4 file)

Oh just press 9 to open it once, then it leaves. The "tutorial" is not gonna open, because I turned performance mode on. Though, red is bad, lemme check.

Thanks for this! I did figure it out in the end.. it was because of setting my game in origin and installing wrong version of Reshade on top of having a crappy laptop until I can ship my gaming PC from the USA. It's tough playing on this ancient POS ? but loving this Reshade so thank you for making my game brighter ?

1 hour ago, Risi said:

Thanks for this! I did figure it out in the end.. it was because of setting my game in origin and installing wrong version of Reshade on top of having a crappy laptop until I can ship my gaming PC from the USA. It's tough playing on this ancient POS ? but loving this Reshade so thank you for making my game brighter ?

Glad you solved it :chick: Ha, LL kept disconnecting and I just haven't played TS4 since then. Though I installed that lighting mod and these textures, I realized my laptop cant run that on top of 6 GB of CC, with 8 sims ha... So similar situation! At least Reshade was slowing the animations to a slower, sexier pace. :face_chick:

Hm I will tweak them and update them tomorrow, if LL is workin fine again.

Hey again, Cul. Sorry for the bother, but I wanted to let you know that this is the second time I've tried to install a new version of your mod and my entire game needs to be reinstalled, note that I am installing the mod in the correct place as usual and nothing else is causing the problem. I'm not sure if this happens either by deleting the previous 'game' folder that your mod comes with or simply replacing the files with the newer version (shortcuts for Sims 4 do not work and the Sims 4 shows up as 'download' in Origin, thus causing me to reinstall, everything else like saves and mods and stuff are fine). Hopefully this made some sense. Just to be clear, though, does this have anything to do with deleting the Default.ini. file you said not to remove in response to another user?

1 hour ago, Morningstar76 said:

Hey again, Cul. Sorry for the bother, but I wanted to let you know that this is the second time I've tried to install a new version of your mod and my entire game needs to be reinstalled, note that I am installing the mod in the correct place as usual and nothing else is causing the problem. I'm not sure if this happens either by deleting the previous 'game' folder that your mod comes with or simply replacing the files with the newer version (shortcuts for Sims 4 do not work and the Sims 4 shows up as 'download' in Origin, thus causing me to reinstall, everything else like saves and mods and stuff are fine). Hopefully this made some sense. Just to be clear, though, does this have anything to do with deleting the Default.ini. file you said not to remove in response to another user?

The default.ini file belongs to the game and isn't part of any mods, like Cul said. Removing it might not be a good idea, it may break your game in certain points.

Oh yea, don't remove that one. Check your Recycle Bin, right click Default.ini if it's in there & Restore. After I delete Default.ini, the game doesn't start on my end, either.

Hm, did you delete the other presets and Reshade stuff manually? Maybe you got Default.ini, since it ends in .ini as well. Hm I will add a red warning in post, about that.

Huh, I had no trouble at all launching my game without the .ini file last night when I experimented. I did notice one issue though and that was the plumb was black instead of green. I only tried for a few minutes so no idea what other issues it may have caused if I hadn't restored the file. Anyway, I hope you sort out your troubles, Morningstar.

On 3/18/2019 at 3:01 AM, Cul said:

Oh yea, don't remove that one. Check your Recycle Bin, right click Default.ini if it's in there & Restore. After I delete Default.ini, the game doesn't start on my end, either.

Hm, did you delete the other presets and Reshade stuff manually? Maybe you got Default.ini, since it ends in .ini as well. Hm I will add a red warning in post, about that.

Ah, that's what I failed to do. Next time I'll remove it manually. Restored the Default.ini and everything is still working for now.

On 3/18/2019 at 7:34 AM, Chipendale said:

Huh, I had no trouble at all launching my game without the .ini file last night when I experimented. I did notice one issue though and that was the plumb was black instead of green. I only tried for a few minutes so no idea what other issues it may have caused if I hadn't restored the file. Anyway, I hope you sort out your troubles, Morningstar.

Yep, not restoring it must've been the problem on my end. Anyway, thanks guys!

Hi, I have downloaded both bit versions from loverslab and sim resources and both version missing the half of the files I can see in your tutorial picture. So the whole thing isnt working. For example the exe file to switch the shaders is not here. Any idea?    Thanks

4 hours ago, Orlando53 said:

Hi, I have downloaded both bit versions from loverslab and sim resources and both version missing the half of the files I can see in your tutorial picture. So the whole thing isnt working. For example the exe file to switch the shaders is not here. Any idea?    Thanks

Oh if you mean the amovie.ini files, some of the previous versions had 10 presets, but this one only has 6. All the Reshade files are there!

Updated that picture, and also the video... :chocolate: Hit 9 to open Reshade, or hit 8 to switch shaders off (or tick off).

And this is gonna be first default mesh, edited Joshua into someone's default and edited it. Softened and cc'd Kijiko's skintones.

CulTITSkin DEFAULT M.package + Culiko Skintones DEFAULT.package (March 26)

1774520579_TS4_x642019-03-2216-56-15.png.f410c81e3f3bcdf5f9e8a8bab7c38f70.png

2127496073_TS4_x642019-03-2306-00-42.png.43417ab666d86f1d0945629b237c5d3c.png

1270439544_TS4_x642019-03-2217-04-41.png.f7b20a885e6b47034db71284be9024ae.png

So technically all Maxis sims would look fine, with just two files and Reshade. I will add the penis skin too. And maybe vicky for woman default, without pubes.

Edit: Seems I got dicks working (without tattoo). This is Lunar's cock, his tutorial helped me. I might do two versions, one for Noir's too.

950366326_TS4_x642019-03-2321-30-19.png.4e9f2c02070eb9ce09473c115e2fae0f.png

Edit: I extracted the penis texture from WW and made a skin for it instead. Hm now it looks better than the body hah. Just needs more purple in glans

538698767_TS4_x642019-03-2404-30-12.png.4a22b3cda052218f7de1d8cd3b479da1.png