26 minutes ago, poblivion said:

Sometimes a faulty graphics card can cause a computer to malfunction.

I think that’s among the more likely causes. I’ve been unable to update the driver for some time now and lately it had been saying there was a Code 43 (I believe) error where it said there was a problem with the driver.

Now it sometimes doesn’t really respond to me trying to boot, and reliably on every restart it BSODs saying “SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED” or something to that effect, saying iaStora.sys failed.

I’m kind of inclined to get a new computer anyway as it was a laptop whereas now I’d probably get a desktop, and it’s getting pretty old now anyway. Although if you have any idea what that may be I suppose I should at least look at what fixing it would take.

27 minutes ago, nightmarezerosg said:

An idea for a future integration, City Bondage.  I'm no modder but I think it is possible to get one mod to change the selected mcm settings on another mod.  If I'm right, you can set it so CB becomes more restrictive as the player is used.

That could indeed possibly help take some of the work out of scripting the mod, as the utilization of devices is pretty similar as far as I can tell.

On 5/5/2020 at 9:38 PM, Visio Diaboli said:

I think that’s among the more likely causes. I’ve been unable to update the driver for some time now and lately it had been saying there was a Code 43 (I believe) error where it said there was a problem with the driver.

Now it sometimes doesn’t really respond to me trying to boot, and reliably on every restart it BSODs saying “SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED” or something to that effect, saying iaStora.sys failed.

I’m kind of inclined to get a new computer anyway as it was a laptop whereas now I’d probably get a desktop, and it’s getting pretty old now anyway. Although if you have any idea what that may be I suppose I should at least look at what fixing it would take.

Did I understand correctly that you have a laptop now?

If the problem here is caused by the graphics card (drivers cannot be installed, etc.), reflow GPU might help.  It's quite a difficult repair, if the laptop is old, it may no longer make sense to repair it.

There could also be a problem with the hard disk if there are bad sectors. Driver files may be written to the bad part or the registry may be corrupted.

You can try to check your hard drive, it's easy.

I use two simple programs, one is for quick checking, listing of errors from S.M.A.R.T. and second program for check the surface of the disk for bad sectors directly.

https://osdn.net/projects/crystaldiskinfo/downloads/72889/CrystalDiskInfo8_5_1.zip/

https://www.hdtune.com/files/hdtune_255.exe

Yea, laptop. I got rid of the BSODs by uninstalling an incorrect driver but it still sometimes randomly shuts off, and if anything bumps or moves it it tends to shut down as well. I've decided to get a new computer as this one being a laptop makes it difficult to fix hardware issues like that.

Pertaining to the mod, I should be able to pick back up where I left off, but it'll probably be around 3 weeks or so before I'm able to effectively work on it again.

12 minutes ago, Visio Diaboli said:

Yea, laptop. I got rid of the BSODs by uninstalling an incorrect driver but it still sometimes randomly shuts off, and if anything bumps or moves it it tends to shut down as well. I've decided to get a new computer as this one being a laptop makes it difficult to fix hardware issues like that.

Pertaining to the mod, I should be able to pick back up where I left off, but it'll probably be around 3 weeks or so before I'm able to effectively work on it again.

Just out of curiosity, will you buy a new computer in one piece, or will you assemble it?

And what hardware do you buy (Specifications: MB, CPU, etc ...)?

I have a 5 year old computer and during that time I am just replacing graphics cards with newer and more powerful models.  And of course I replaced the hard drives with SSDs ?

5 minutes ago, poblivion said:

Just out of curiosity, will you buy a new computer in one piece, or will you assemble it?

And what hardware do you buy (Specifications: MB, CPU, etc ...)?

I have a 5 year old computer and during that time I am just replacing graphics cards with newer and more powerful models.  And of course I replaced the hard drives with SSDs ?

I'm looking at one of these

https://www.digitalstorm.com/configurator.asp?id=2486262

That way I don't have to build it from scratch and I still should be able to upgrade/replace things as I need.

53 minutes ago, Visio Diaboli said:

I'm looking at one of these

https://www.digitalstorm.com/configurator.asp?id=2486262

That way I don't have to build it from scratch and I still should be able to upgrade/replace things as I need.

Not bad, it would definitely take another 8GB of ram over time to have a total of 16GB.

The system drive is definitely an SSD.

And it would also want a more powerful graphics card.

PS: That price seems too high to me ($ 699) ?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/12/2020 at 3:05 PM, Sidewasy said:

I mean you no disrespect with this question, Visio Diaboli, but are you still working on this?

Yeah, I actually just got a new computer to run Skyrim and Creation Kit on so I'm slowly starting back up on it. I'm currently getting my bearings back in Creation Kit, and trying to remember where I left off, but I should have some updates on progress soon.

I don't have a whole lot of mod making experience and I'm trying to make sure I do everything properly, so progress will be slow for a bit, but once I have a comfortable idea of when I can publish it I'll try to give an ETA.

• 4 weeks later...

Getting pretty well along with core functionality. The approach loop is working fairly reliably with a cool-down, sex scenes are implemented and dialogue restarts after them to deal with payment. There are still minor hiccups occasionally that I'll work out as time goes on.

It now has an MCM, but it needs fleshing out, which will happen as more variables come into play.

I don't know how helpful updates are on non-complete aspects, as I don't really have a concrete estimate of when I'll be at any given stage of this project, but I suppose I'll provide them just for clarity on what I'm working on. It took a minute to rebuild the motivation to work on this but at the moment it's my favorite hobby so there should actually be more updates now.

35 minutes ago, Visio Diaboli said:

Getting pretty well along with core functionality. The approach loop is working fairly reliably with a cool-down, sex scenes are implemented and dialogue restarts after them to deal with payment. There are still minor hiccups occasionally that I'll work out as time goes on.

It now has an MCM, but it needs fleshing out, which will happen as more variables come into play.

I don't know how helpful updates are on non-complete aspects, as I don't really have a concrete estimate of when I'll be at any given stage of this project, but I suppose I'll provide them just for clarity on what I'm working on. It took a minute to rebuild the motivation to work on this but at the moment it's my favorite hobby so there should actually be more updates now.

Hi, I'm glad to hear that this project has not been forgotten ?

I think that there are several people here at LL who would be willing to advise you if you had problems in a certain part.

For now I think the easiest approach is to add an NPC to each keep who takes charge of the PC as a sort of "city whore manager," and add additional dialogue lines with the Jarls after the PC becomes the city whore.

I know the initial description was "dragged to the jarl" but I've been struggling with the 'jarl' part of that sentence for like 2 days now and it's taking up more time than it's worth in my opinion, so in the interest of keeping development moving I'll add in the manager NPCs, and then if we want them to be replaced with the Jarls I can try to rewrite them on a hold-by-hold basis over time.

Anyone have a preference what the job requirements are? There'll be some point at which enough defiance or getting sold into the job will force the PC to stay in the city for either a configurable time period, amount earned, or both, but as for when you're just made the city whore because of your reputation and nothing else, I'm thinking maybe you have to make a certain amount per week or punishments escalate, or something like that.

With a "light" mode like that my goal is to force the PC to spend at least some amount of time in that city, but I don't think it should necessarily prevent you from leaving and going on adventures again (or skipping the adventures and going to another hold you've been declared whore in because you have a quota to keep there too).

Also I think I may start a new thread soon for this in a section that's better suited to development updates, as request and find doesn't seem to best suit it anymore.

2 hours ago, Visio Diaboli said:

Anyone have a preference what the job requirements are? There'll be some point at which enough defiance or getting sold into the job will force the PC to stay in the city for either a configurable time period, amount earned, or both, but as for when you're just made the city whore because of your reputation and nothing else, I'm thinking maybe you have to make a certain amount per week or punishments escalate, or something like that.

With a "light" mode like that my goal is to force the PC to spend at least some amount of time in that city, but I don't think it should necessarily prevent you from leaving and going on adventures again (or skipping the adventures and going to another hold you've been declared whore in because you have a quota to keep there too).

Also I think I may start a new thread soon for this in a section that's better suited to development updates, as request and find doesn't seem to best suit it anymore.

My personal idea would be something like this:

Starting Point- The Player Character (PC) would be sold as slave - Simple Slavery mod.

The PC would be teleported for example to the Solitude.

The authorized person will notify the PC that it has been purchased as a public whore for the citizens of the city and will serve all those who request it free of charge.

The PC will wear a slut's collar, which will show everyone that she is a public whore ( Other DD could be optional in MCM).

The PC is lucky because the local Jarl is very kind and so the PC will be released from slavery after ten days of duty.

The PC can move around Skyrim, it have forbidden to wear clothes and must serve everyone. If she refuses, her service will be extended for another day.

There is also the option of immediate release if the PC pays 20,000 Septim.

The new thread is a good idea, maybe there would be a few people who would like the idea and would like to help. The ideal place would probably be Download section and mod mark as WIP. Similar as has now, t.ara  Zaz Animation Pack Version 9. In the download section, the mod would be better to find.

It's just an idea, choose what you like ?

14 minutes ago, poblivion said:

Starting Point- The Player Character (PC) would be sold as slave - Simple Slavery mod.

The PC would be teleported for example to the Solitude.

The authorized person will notify the PC that it has been purchased as a public whore for the citizens of the city and will serve all those who request it free of charge.

The PC will wear a slut's collar, which will show everyone that she is a public whore ( Other DD could be optional in MCM).

The PC is lucky because the local Jarl is very kind and so the PC will be released from slavery after ten days of duty.

The PC can move around Skyrim, it have forbidden to wear clothes and must serve everyone. If she refuses, her service will be extended for another day.

There is also the option of immediate release if the PC pays 20,000 Septim.

Thanks for the advice!

The Simple Slavery part, assuming it hasn't been updated, will have to wait for if that author can update SS with this mod, as far as I know. If I can do it myself I'll definitely add it. For release I'll probably try to get a Death Alternative and a Defeat event added in, as well as the guards just tracking the player down and bringing them to the throne room if your fame gets high.

The way I've been developing it is that public whore status is dependent on which city the player is in, so for example they could be the city whore of Whiterun and Falkreath, and just be a normal citizen in the other holds, but I also like the idea that if the PC is made the city whore anywhere then they're the city whore everywhere, so I'll add a toggle for which style in the MCM. I'm starting to realize a lot of things are going to be configurable, because my first priority is allowing this mod to be configured during game-play so people can tweak the settings to best suit their game and preferences.

Immediate release is also a nice idea that I hadn't thought of. More options for gold sinks never hurt in a Sexlab play-through.

I think I'll probably create a WIP thread as you suggested, probably whenever I can work on it next so I'm in the right headspace.

1 hour ago, Visio Diaboli said:

Thanks for the advice!

The Simple Slavery part, assuming it hasn't been updated, will have to wait for if that author can update SS with this mod, as far as I know. If I can do it myself I'll definitely add it. For release I'll probably try to get a Death Alternative and a Defeat event added in, as well as the guards just tracking the player down and bringing them to the throne room if your fame gets high.

The way I've been developing it is that public whore status is dependent on which city the player is in, so for example they could be the city whore of Whiterun and Falkreath, and just be a normal citizen in the other holds, but I also like the idea that if the PC is made the city whore anywhere then they're the city whore everywhere, so I'll add a toggle for which style in the MCM. I'm starting to realize a lot of things are going to be configurable, because my first priority is allowing this mod to be configured during game-play so people can tweak the settings to best suit their game and preferences.

Immediate release is also a nice idea that I hadn't thought of. More options for gold sinks never hurt in a Sexlab play-through.

I think I'll probably create a WIP thread as you suggested, probably whenever I can work on it next so I'm in the right headspace.

Regarding SS ++, I think @HexBolt8 can help you (I hope so).