-Vulpine Gear- Gas Mask

Pickle_Juice

-VULPINE STUFF-

GAS MASK

5-EXPO.png.1535123893da512cdfa07f0f11f818f3.png

In me free time i decided to make this gas mask for the vulpine race, all you have to do is...

Activate the "PJ-VulpineStuff.esp"

Once in the game type in command window "(Vulpine)" without the quotes.

if you like it please let me know what other HeadGear should i work next.

DOWNLOAD---> Vulpine Gear.rar

-BUGS-

now the mask works just fine but the only issue is the hairs that cover the forehead, they clipp through the mask, so a short hair or no hair at all is the best way to fix it.

1-GasMaskIntro.png

4-.jpg

2-.jpg

Great to see stuff fited for the Vulpines, the mod is awesome but it's lacking in converted head/face wear (IIRC beardofsocrates said fitted items are planned for further updates but won't happen for now). Certainly looking forward to seeing what other items and converted and trying them out ingame once I get my FO4 set up and ready again. If I had to suggest the next items, then I'd probably go for eyewear (I am a fan of the Wraparound Goggles and the Patrolman Sunglasses in particular). And maybe bandanas/facemasks next?

One note, though: I assume having Vulpine-exclusive meshes for the vanilla items is not possible because they use the human race as the reference for items (aka "ArmorRace"), but maybe it would be a good (and gameplay-friendly) idea to have a way to convert standard vanilla items into Vulpine-compatible versions. The easiest way that comes to mind would be to have a separate [Vulpine] version of the items that can only be crafted by using the corresponding vanilla item as a "component", but there's another one that comes to mind.

From what I remember from the last time I played FO4 and used mods, there are ways to have armor mods that change the displayed model of the armor (IIRC CROSS_2077 does it with the boots to change them into Converse shoes and to add/remove the collar to the vest, for example), so maybe it would be possible to add a custom modification to the vanilla items that changes their model into a Vulpine-compatible one? That way you get to keep all the changes to the item's stats and modifications from other mods and the Vulpine meshes without the need for compatibility patches or anything like that.

In any case, I'm definitely going to use the race and this file as soon as I get everything working, so I may even look into it myself if I have the time for it.

10 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

Great to see stuff fited for the Vulpines, the mod is awesome but it's lacking in converted head/face wear (IIRC beardofsocrates said fitted items are planned for further updates but won't happen for now). Certainly looking forward to seeing what other items and converted and trying them out ingame once I get my FO4 set up and ready again. If I had to suggest the next items, then I'd probably go for eyewear (I am a fan of the Wraparound Goggles and the Patrolman Sunglasses in particular). And maybe bandanas/facemasks next?

One note, though: I assume having Vulpine-exclusive meshes for the vanilla items is not possible because they use the human race as the reference for items (aka "ArmorRace"), but maybe it would be a good (and gameplay-friendly) idea to have a way to convert standard vanilla items into Vulpine-compatible versions. The easiest way that comes to mind would be to have a separate [Vulpine] version of the items that can only be crafted by using the corresponding vanilla item as a "component", but there's another one that comes to mind.

From what I remember from the last time I played FO4 and used mods, there are ways to have armor mods that change the displayed model of the armor (IIRC CROSS_2077 does it with the boots to change them into Converse shoes and to add/remove the collar to the vest, for example), so maybe it would be possible to add a custom modification to the vanilla items that changes their model into a Vulpine-compatible one? That way you get to keep all the changes to the item's stats and modifications from other mods and the Vulpine meshes without the need for compatibility patches or anything like that.

In any case, I'm definitely going to use the race and this file as soon as I get everything working, so I may even look into it myself if I have the time for it.

I'm aware of what he said, but since i have a thing for Gas masks i wanted to refited to the Vulpine Race so bad! But i also don't like the feeling of just making one head gear and leaving the rest unfitted for the Vulpines, i like doing something 100% done, everything below that is not a good job, sure! I might do that for those eye wear, i haven't used eye wear in my Vulpine gameplay, but i'll test them out to see if they actually need a re-mesh.

Well... Is just not fair use Niero's work as an example my dude, he's pro! I don't know one single thing about modding i manage to make this mask by streching the original mesh in "Outfit Studio" and adding it to the game by pressing random buttons until something happened, i don't know anything, i'm a "Press everything until something happens" kinda guy... So scripting or "Armor Workbench" mods are way of my league, until i find out how to do them.

Happy to hear that! If you're using any of my stuff, i want to apologize in advanced if something does not work, if something like that happens be sure to let me know! Feedback is always welcome! And encouraged!

And i hope you do look into it, i've seen some of you're stuff and i hope to see some of your work in fallout 4, i personally love your "Predator's Tweaks" that's actually the reason i felt in love with UNP body in the first place.

1 hour ago, Pickle_Juice said:

I might do that for those eye wear, i haven't used eye wear in my Vulpine gameplay, but i'll test them out to see if they actually need a re-mesh.

I'm pretty sure they had clipping with the muzzle the last time I tried the mod, but it was a while ago so I may be wrong about it. Shouldn't take me long to get the game installed again so I should be able to check it then.

Well... Is just not fair use Niero's work as an example my dude, he's pro! I don't know one single thing about modding i manage to make this mask by streching the original mesh in "Outfit Studio" and adding it to the game by pressing random buttons until something happened, i don't know anything, i'm a "Press everything until something happens" kinda guy... So scripting or "Armor Workbench" mods are way of my league, until i find out how to do them.

We all have to start somewhere, after all. And as for that mesh-swap thing, I'm pretty sure it was done using only the vanilla armor modification system without scripts or anything like that, so I assume it won't be extremely hard to set up. But again, will check it as soon as I get my game set up and working again.

And i hope you do look into it, i've seen some of you're stuff and i hope to see some of your work in fallout 4, i personally love your "Predator's Tweaks" that's actually the reason i felt in love with UNP body in the first place.

Thank you for the kind words! I'll probably be more active in FO4 once the next Vulpine update is released and we finally have males to play around with.

And I'd love to port some of my mods from Skyrim as well, though from what I've heard so far on how hard it is to work on custom races and their assets, it will probably take quite a while if it ever happens at all, so I wouldn't really keep my hopes up for now. :classic_undecided:

7 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

I'm pretty sure they had clipping with the muzzle the last time I tried the mod, but it was a while ago so I may be wrong about it. Shouldn't take me long to get the game installed again so I should be able to check it then.

Ok once i'm out of work i'll check for any clipping for thos models ASAP!.

We all have to start somewhere, after all. And as for that mesh-swap thing, I'm pretty sure it was done using only the vanilla armor modification system without scripts or anything like that, so I assume it won't be extremely hard to set up. But again, will check it as soon as I get my game set up and working again.

Yeah i know about it, but the the thing is that i can't find a way to add the new mesh as a armor mod, because i can't find where the "Armor Modifications" are located in the Creation Kit.

Thank you for the kind words! I'll probably be more active in FO4 once the next Vulpine update is released and we finally have males to play around with.

And I'd love to port some of my mods from Skyrim as well, though from what I've heard so far on how hard it is to work on custom races and their assets, it will probably take quite a while if it ever happens at all, so I wouldn't really keep my hopes up for now. :classic_undecided:

For what i've heard, seems a little complicated to do it, but i've only seen two custom races the Vulpine Race and the IKAROS Race, both pretty hi quality races! let's hope it has a similar method as Skyrim! maybe the face rig would be the hardest part, but i wouldn't know.

Yeah i know about it, but the the thing is that i can't find a way to add the new mesh as a armor mod, because i can't find where the "Armor Modifications" are located in the Creation Kit.

I'll see what I can find about it once I get started on FO4 modding.

For what i've heard, seems a little complicated to do it, but i've only seen two custom races the Vulpine Race and the IKAROS Race, both pretty hi quality races! let's hope it has a similar method as Skyrim! maybe the face rig would be the hardest part, but i wouldn't know.

What do you mean by "IKAROS Race"? I don't remember seeing any mod with that name, or any other custom race mod for that matter outside of the Crimes Against Nature mod (but that one is too much of a joke mod and not a serious one).

34 minutes ago, Blaze69 said:

I'll see what I can find about it once I get started on FO4 modding.

Good luck! i think you'll have an easier time looking into it, since i don't speak English that well.

35 minutes ago, Blaze69 said:

What do you mean by "IKAROS Race"? I don't remember seeing any mod with that name, or any other custom race mod for that matter

IKAROS Race is a Robot race that looks really Hi res, it's not on Nexus, you can only get it on their discord.

Heres an example of the race

https://staticdelivery.nexusmods.com/mods/1151/images/36652/36652-1546151225-1850722311.jpeg

38 minutes ago, Blaze69 said:

Crimes Against Nature mod (but that one is too much of a joke mod and not a serious one).

Its a Joke indeed, but a very well done wok in my opinion, i had no issue when i used the CaN mod.

Okay, I think I found out how to achieve the model-swapping through object modification.

Bad news is you need to edit the base item data to add the new Vulpine AAs so it would still conflict with any other mod that edits the same records (like for example AWKCR or Armorsmith Extended). To prevent those conflicts, you would need to either make a patch that has those mods as a requirement and merges both their changes and the Vulpine fitting ones or to use Mator Smash to create a Smashed Patch that does the same for you.

Good news is, you should be able to refit any supported item for Vulpines at any armor workbench and it should retain the stats and modifications it had before; you would also be wearing the vanilla item as far as the game knows so anything that checks for it would come positive (not sure if there is any such mod, but still).

Here's the current test file with the Vulpine Fitting object modification added to the vanilla Gas Mask with Goggles item, in case anyone wants to give it a try. Note that it requires both AWKCR and Armorsmith Extended but it would be possible to make a vanilla or AWKCR-only version of the plugin as well if need be:

Vulpine Gear v0.1 - AWKCR - AE.7z

6 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

Okay, I think I found out how to achieve the model-swapping through object modification.

Bad news is you need to edit the base item data to add the new Vulpine AAs so it would still conflict with any other mod that edits the same records (like for example AWKCR or Armorsmith Extended). To prevent those conflicts, you would need to either make a patch that has those mods as a requirement and merges both their changes and the Vulpine fitting ones or to use Mator Smash to create a Smashed Patch that does the same for you.

Good news is, you should be able to refit any supported item for Vulpines at any armor workbench and it should retain the stats and modifications it had before; you would also be wearing the vanilla item as far as the game knows so anything that checks for it would come positive (not sure if there is any such mod, but still).

Here's the current test file with the Vulpine Fitting object modification added to the vanilla Gas Mask with Goggles item, in case anyone wants to give it a try. Note that it requires both AWKCR and Armorsmith Extended but it would be possible to make a vanilla or AWKCR-only version of the plugin as well if need be:

Vulpine Gear v0.1 - AWKCR - AE.7z

Oh neat!! i'll try it out once i'm home! and no worries! AWKCR and AE are very used mods, i actually have both installed so this is perfect for me, have you encounter any issues by doing this?

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/31/2018 at 12:05 PM, Blaze69 said:

Small update to this, with a handful more items. Added Patrolman Sunglasses, Wraparound Goggles, Black Rim Glasses and Eyeglasses. More to come, though I don't have any ETAs or specific plans for now. Also changed the plugin name and the file paths to better match the main mod's file setup.

Vulpine Gear v0.2 - AWKCR - AE.7z

4 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

Small update to this, with a handful more items. Added Patrolman Sunglasses, Wraparound Goggles, Black Rim Glasses and Eyeglasses. More to come, though I don't have any ETAs or specific plans for now. Also changed the plugin name and the file paths to better match the main mod's file setup.

Vulpine Gear v0.2 - AWKCR - AE.7z

You should make it your own mod dude! i'm currently working on other stuff, still vulpine related! What i'm trying to do is some genitalia Overlays so people can chose nipples and genitalia with a different color from to the fur, like black fur and pink nipples, the idea right now is to make overlays (Tattoos) with said idea, but i'm having a really hard time making the script to work, do you know how to make an overlay work?

Also one issue i encountered with my original mod is that human gas mask meshes don't show up on human races, your update fixes the issue?

9 hours ago, Pickle_Juice said:

You should make it your own mod dude! i'm currently working on other stuff, still vulpine related!

Actually, I've been in contact with beardofsocrates and my files may end up being used for the "official" armor conversion download (or whatever it's called). Nothing is for sure yet, though, so I'll just continue to work on this and I'll be posting updates as I have them.

May consider making it into an actual mod entry in here, though. I also have some edited body textures with matching normal map edits and BC7 compression that have some serious file reduction from the default ones without any quality loss and include some more body details, so it may be a good idea to release both in the same place. I'll have to think about it.

What i'm trying to do is some genitalia Overlays so people can chose nipples and genitalia with a different color from to the fur, like black fur and pink nipples, the idea right now is to make overlays (Tattoos) with said idea, but i'm having a really hard time making the script to work, do you know how to make an overlay work?

No idea, sorry; I haven't looked into overlays yet. But I'll let you know if/when I do in case I can help you with that.

Also one issue i encountered with my original mod is that human gas mask meshes don't show up on human races, your update fixes the issue?

Yeah, you replaced the original human AA with a different (Vulpine-fit) one that only worked on Vulpines, and thus was invisible on any other race. My plugin keeps the human meshes as default for all items, but also adds an option in the armor workbench to change the model into the Vulpine-compatible one instead (obviously trying to use Vulpine-modded items on humans will look wrong, but still).

Archived