Help with BodySlide physics and textures

day13

I've been modding Skyrim for the past week on my new desktop, trying to get a similar but improved modlist from when I used to play on my laptop. I've gotten everything how I wanted and the last step for me was to build my clothing and armour with physics in bodyslide. I'm using the XP32 skeleton extended, with HDT breast and butt physics - TBBP and BBP supported, with Clams of Skyrim HDT as my body. I was able to get physics working with clothing but no armour had any physics. I tried a few combinations - Coiso with TBBP options, Coiso with BBP or HDT options, CBBE TBBP, CBBE HDT, reinstalling the XP32 skeleton with the HDT option instead of the fantasy physics option, but nothing seemed to change the armour physics. I could only see physics either nude or with clothing. I also have installed Vanilla and Immersive armours bodyslide files.

After messing around with my body builds and batch builds after a while my body textures started going strange. When wearing clothing or armour with no footwear my feet would appear kind of greyed out. This would then happen to the rest of my body when removing clothing. Have I messed everything up? Should I reinstall bodyslide and my textures? 

I mostly just want to get my textures back to normal, but getting physics to work with armour would be a great help too!

20181220073712_1.jpg

20181220073740_1.jpg

20181220073811_1.jpg

20181220073829_1.jpg

20181220073917_1.jpg

Hey day.  Do the armor(s) you're using have physics? I sounds like they don't.  You said, "I tried a few combinations - Coiso with TBBP options, Coiso with BBP or HDT options, CBBE TBBP, CBBE HDT"  In regards to what?  Anyway, do you know how to use Outfit Studio?  Try this...

- Start Outfit Studio, File > New Project

- File > From Template > CBBE Body

- (Next Dialog - don't worry about a name yet) > Outfit / Mesh - From File. Select the cuirass of one of your armors that doesn't work.

- When it loads, does the armor fit well?  If so, great. If not, scroll down the slider list until you see the generic body types. Move different sliders around until you get your body to fit the armor pretty close. If the boobs stick out, etc., don't worry. 

- File > Make Conversion Reference.  A dialog will pop up asking for a name, just leave it.   If the armor fits exactly and you didn't move any of the sliders (above), a dialog will say at least one slider need to be more than zero. just move the breasts to 1% and click OK.  The File > Make Conversion Reference (again). All your sliders disappear and you only have one now.

- Slider > Conform All

- Now move your single slider to 100%.

-Slider > Set Base Shape

- File > Load Reference - CBBE HDT

- A new "reference" body will pop in and all your sliders return.

- At this point, use brushes - #2 for inflate, #3 for deflate to fix clipping, etc.  When it looks good, Slider > Conform All.

- In the right "Mesh" pane, select / highlight the cuirass and / or all parts, but NOT the body highlighted in green.  Right-click and select "Copy Bone Weights". A dialog will appear with arrows, you can probably leave them where they are and click OK.

- Again, Slider > Conform All.

- Now see if things worked. Click the pencil on the Breasts SSH slider. the boobs should pop way out. Did your armor move with the body?  If not, the armor may not have any weight painting applied and that's a whole new ball game.  If it worked, great.

- File > Save Project As. Fill out the name, "Day13 Cuirass" and click "To Project", which fills out the crap at the bottom.  Give your outfit a name and check that the nif path so that BodySlide knows where to place your mesh.  Your new armor will be in the BodySlide Outfit list now and you can select it to make the armor.

Try that and see what happens.

Your skin texture. Do you have all 4 texture files for your body?  Should be femalebody_1.dds, femalebody_1_msn.dds, femalebody_1_s.dds and femalebody_1_sk.dds. It appears you might be missing some.

Hey, thanks for the great response!

Thank you so much for the outfit studio tip I had absolutely no idea how to use it.

I realised when checking my mods again that the cbbe hdt conversion mod that I use had been updated since I last played to have more lore friendly armour physics and that really threw me off ahaha. I redownlaoded the older version that I had a preference for and all my physics are working nicely (even for hair).

I thought I had gotten everything fixed up with my meshes (body and feet) last night but today when I launched the game they went back to how they are in my screenshots I posted. No matter what I tried I couldn't get them looking like normal. I'm using mod organizer and when I go into my Skyrim data folder there's no textures folder. When I go into the Bodyslide and Outfit studio folder in my mod organizer directory there is an empty textures folder. I found a few femalebody_1.dds files while searching my computer but they seem to be located in other mod data folders. Where should femalebody_1.dds be located for it to work? Thanks.

8 hours ago, day13 said:

Hey, thanks for the great response!

Thank you so much for the outfit studio tip I had absolutely no idea how to use it.

I realised when checking my mods again that the cbbe hdt conversion mod that I use had been updated since I last played to have more lore friendly armour physics and that really threw me off ahaha. I redownlaoded the older version that I had a preference for and all my physics are working nicely (even for hair).

I thought I had gotten everything fixed up with my meshes (body and feet) last night but today when I launched the game they went back to how they are in my screenshots I posted. No matter what I tried I couldn't get them looking like normal. I'm using mod organizer and when I go into my Skyrim data folder there's no textures folder. When I go into the Bodyslide and Outfit studio folder in my mod organizer directory there is an empty textures folder. I found a few femalebody_1.dds files while searching my computer but they seem to be located in other mod data folders. Where should femalebody_1.dds be located for it to work? Thanks.

I'm guessing you aren't using a custom race, so your body meshes & textures are the same as everyone else in the game.  Textures are located in " \Data\textures\actors\character\female " - but that directory may not be there - read below.  Meshes are located in " \Data\meshes\actors\character\character assets ".

"...I go into my Skyrim data folder there's no textures folder."  That's possible. I can't remember exactly, but many textures come from the "\Data\Textures.bsa" file and the directory I mentioned above may not be there.  I would suggest you get a better skin anyway (why not?) like Leyenda 4.0, Fair Skin or many others...   They'll create that directory and the game will look there first to see if textures are there...if not, it'll default back to the .bsa file.

You might also want to try a custom race mod, like Lunari or Temptress, Ningham, etc.  They have separate folders for their own meshes & textures and as such, provide your character a unique body mesh and / or skin if you want.

FYI - when using a custom race, with BodySlide - select your body preset and hold down the CTRL button and click "Build". That sends the body mesh to the "\Data\CalienteTools\BodySlide" folder.  Make hands & feet that way too. Now manually move the nine (9) files to your character's specific mesh folder.  Normally BodySlide sends body "parts" to the mesh directory I mentioned above.  Also, make a "generic" preset for the "regular" slobs / NPCs.  That way, if you send your body to the default "everyone" folder by mistake, it's easy to change presets and make a new body for the NPCs.

BTW, it's good to "quote" people in your responses. That way they'll get a "Joe Blow" responded to your question notification.  i just happened to notice, otherwise i would have never known you responded.  :)

Also, note that you should have four (4) texture files for each:  body, hands and head  (feet are taken from the body files).  Example:  femalebody_1.dds is color (diffuse), femalebody_1_msn.dds is "bump" (normal), femalebody_1_s.dds is specular (shine highlights), femalebody_1_sk.dds is skin (map for subsurface scattering).  Looks like you are missing one of those in your pics. 

And how is it that your body different than Lydia's?  Oh wait, you are using CLAMS.  The locations for stuff I mentioned in the above response is for default character's. CLAMS could very well have their own directories. If you want to find out, just DL CLAMS somewhere (Temp), unzip the file and look at the directory structure as to where it places shit.

Archived