I Fucked up my characters hands.

Please help!!  I use Silky Smooth Skin.  First I made her hands oily to match, then sweaty to match.  Now I am using the standard SSS body and unfortunately that does not include the base hands.  I have had no response from the maker of SSS.  Does anyone have the normal hands file??? 

If I may....

Anytime you find a mod asks you to replace a default file, please make a BAKup of it or copy it to new folder placed within that same folder. If using some form of mod manager to install - this will be done automatically and the original file will be replaced when you uninstall the mod.

This is one reason Mod Managers were created. If you overwrite the file without a backup, then this is the boat you might find yourself in. While I don't know the exact policy concerning uploading Game files to this site which may be construed as illegally transferring protected content, I do have a suggestion:

Take your game directory folder and change the name by adding BAK to the end of it. Now the computer can't read it and you can re-download the game as a fresh/virgin install containing all the default files. Move this new folder or rename it as well and replace/rename the modded folder. Now you have the file you need. Just copy it and your golden.

EDIT: Rename the Folder in your Documents as well, since you've likely made .INI changes as well as have save games! Reverse the process once a fresh install is achieved.

On 12/15/2018 at 2:35 AM, landess said:

If I may....

Anytime you find a mod asks you to replace a default file, please make a BAKup of it or copy it to new folder placed within that same folder. If using some form of mod manager to install - this will be done automatically and the original file will be replaced when you uninstall the mod.

This is one reason Mod Managers were created. If you overwrite the file without a backup, then this is the boat you might find yourself in. While I don't know the exact policy concerning uploading Game files to this site which may be construed as illegally transferring protected content, I do have a suggestion:

Take your game directory folder and change the name by adding BAK to the end of it. Now the computer can't read it and you can re-download the game as a fresh/virgin install containing all the default files. Move this new folder or rename it as well and replace/rename the modded folder. Now you have the file you need. Just copy it and your golden.

EDIT: Rename the Folder in your Documents as well, since you've likely made .INI changes as well as have save games! Reverse the process once a fresh install is achieved.

Yes thank you!  I think I did that waaaay back before I started to mod the game since I had to do that for M&B for the TLD mod.  It warned you that you need to make a backup of the game files ahead of installing the mod since it would change too much for you to ever go back to a non TLD M&B.  Now I just need to find where I put my original Fallout 4.  Side note In my never answered question on the SS page I apparently edited in that I had found it and where.  Now I just have to hope that I was correct.  If not, then the search is on for Carmen Sandiego 

Edit: another reason as to why I am sure that I did make a backup is to go back for achievements.  I had a character that was about 40% through the game and I wanted to play with mods to mix things up

5 hours ago, GoldenRain said:

Carmen Sandiego

Ah yes... My first system had a 512MB HD - much easier to find stuff than on a 3TB HD

Glad I could help! Sometimes a small 'self-slap' to ones head gets the ole motor running again. I wish more people understood the value of archiving things.

Archived