Downloading the newest transfer settlement gives a virus warning ??

D_ManXX2

1 minute ago, Zombified said:

Also, I run the mod without problems so that is the conclusion.

A virus does generally not cause problems you'd notice right away, at least not until you find out that your bank account is empty or your identity was stolen.

But i still remember the times of Bytewarrior and shit like that ?

Anyways, it would be very very rare to actually have a virus inside a mod. The author would only reach a couple thousand nerds whose hobby is to play 5-10 year old videogames day in and out. And the nerds usually have modern antivirus software and firewalls running.

For large scale crimes it is much easier and effective to send out a billion phishing mails to the noobs and smartphone zombies; and for targeted infiltration of companies and authorities they still use the old trick with the USB stick dropped outside the building. Because apparently the office PCs don't even have USB auto-play disabled.

Better then Kaspersky ? anyway maybe could have been false positive but weird that all other transfer files no showing anything only the latest one.

I used Kaspersky for years never had any problem with it. There must be something the file maybe the dll that could cause it to trigger like that anyway is there a way to make it still be able to download the file instead of instantly quarintine the file maybe if i could put in exception then maybe i can still download it.

Archived