How to make Fallout 3 harder?

Angrybird

So, I'm planing do to another(probably last) playtrough of Fallout3 and I want to make it harder, hopefully you guys can help me since I've never dwelled in these types of mods.

First and foremost I want ammo, caps, supplies in general to be scarce, something like STALKER where it is pretty hard to find ammo outside shops and corpses.

I'm not sure how I feel about needs I don't want to be feeding my player every 5 minutes something light on that end would be better. Again refer to STALKER where I don't feel that stuff is exagerated.

Even caps and ammo should have weight. Like... STALKER.

Finnaly even if I want an harder game I don't want my enemies to be able to take 4 shots to the head. Like... I should just play STALKER.

And I'm well aware of FWE and the like but I tend to avoid big overhauls to the game since I lose track of what it changes and that opens up the door for weird conflict issues, but if you still want to defend and say it's the best for me go ahead.

FWE would be your think, you can config the primary needs stuff while ingame, or just turn it off, as well as configure how plenteful ammo, etc, is within the world, and a plethora of other shit.

Plus FWE re-adds Fallout content to the spinoff, power armors, weapons, etc etc, that bethesda removed for some reason, some like the AK-112 are still missing but still it's a good start.

I'm running a heavilymodded playthrough of FO3 right now myself. FWE doesn't do any major worldspace changes that I'm aware of. Just difficulty, weapons, and NPCs (adjusts their stats, adds items to vendors). Make sure to read the readme, it makes some important changes to how chems work. You want to know about those changes before you start so you don't get any rude surprises mid-combat. It also has compatability patches for many mods, and others come with their own CPs for FWE.

FWE primarially focuses on items and itemlists angrybird. They add quite a bit of missing Fallout content like the real Fallout Gauss rifle, or the real Enclave Power armor (and it doesn't look all retardedly cartoonish like the bethesda APA suit model).

It's quite good to get, however you're in for a suprise the first time you engage supermutants with high caliber machine guns or talon company with Gauss rifles.

Oh, if you do try it keep an eye on chem merchants and get the sack of weed item, and see what it does.

I managed to install the damm thing' date=' but yeah FWE is not for me it changes too much and I absolutely hate to feel that I'm not in control of what I'm doing[/quote']

You're aware that you can change everything the mod does in its control panel? I'd just disable the stuff I don't like and go with it anyway.

Considering your first post, FWE is the one you want. I don't know if XFO or Puce Mooses rebalancing mods are still around. You'd get some of the same, but less comprehensive options, if that's what you're after...

I managed to install the damm thing' date=' but yeah FWE is not for me it changes too much and I absolutely hate to feel that I'm not in control of what I'm doing[/quote']

You're aware that you can change everything the mod does in its control panel? I'd just disable the stuff I don't like and go with it anyway.

Considering your first post, FWE is the one you want. I don't know if XFO or Puce Mooses rebalancing mods are still around. You'd get some of the same, but less comprehensive options, if that's what you're after...

Meant control file wise, the fact that it needs a compatibility patch to work with a purely cosmetic mod is enough for me to know that there will be issues down the line.

Alright I installed this piece of crap but if I add anything to the data folder besides esp files the game crashes what... the...

Archived