Hangman's Alley - missing road bug

guk

DteFM23E_o.jpg

Painted the bug in red - the whole side of the road is missing ("Guard Rail" 00019b40).

So what's been happening:

1) Already got this bug once in a previous playthrough, thought it was a scrapping mistake on my end and lost a couple of hours playtime.

2) Today in a new playthrough - went to HMA, cleared the area, unlocked the workshop and save/quit.

3) After re-launching the game, loading the newest savegame from just after unlocking HMA has the road missing.

4) Loading the past 3 savegames backwards during the same session ---> road still missing

5) Restarting the game, and first loading the last savegame from BEFORE ever visiting the HMA area ---> road is back

6) Immediately loading the (previously bugged) latest savegame afterwards ---> the road stays and is now back in that savegame

lLX5TJ91_o.jpg7FC6PoSc_o.jpgMwFMbI9D_o.jpg

Any idea why this would be happening?

Most relevant mods are probably All Settlements Extended and Scrap Everything.

6 hours ago, VonHelton said:

Did you reboot your computer at any time during this situation?

?

Nope, just was away for dinner.

I've also tested this multiple times by restarting the game, and depending on which savegame i load first, the object is either there or not.

Loading the working savegame first, then immediately the bugged one, fully restored the object and it's back permanently now.

2 hours ago, D_ManXX2 said:

Was wondering if you only get missing road in hangman alley or someplace else too ?? either it is by what you described you used something like scrap stuff you should have scrapped but in worse case it can also mean a dying hardrive. 

Here it happened with the exact same object, in 2 different playthroughs. That Guard Rail is fairly huge and impossible to confuse with another.

Since i didn't scrap anything this time, the object being hidden could be due to a mod or a bug in the engine itself?

In the bugged savegame, i can also target it with "prid 19b40" but the commands Enable or Moveto Player don't help.

I don't think that this has anything to do with the SSD, as this would leave particular files damaged/corrupt and not being useable at all.

11 hours ago, guk said:

Nope, just was away for dinner.

I've also tested this multiple times by restarting the game, and depending on which savegame i load first, the object is either there or not.

Loading the working savegame first, then immediately the bugged one, fully restored the object and it's back permanently now.

Here it happened with the exact same object, in 2 different playthroughs. That Guard Rail is fairly huge and impossible to confuse with another.

Since i didn't scrap anything this time, the object being hidden could be due to a mod or a bug in the engine itself?

In the bugged savegame, i can also target it with "prid 19b40" but the commands Enable or Moveto Player don't help.

I don't think that this has anything to do with the SSD, as this would leave particular files damaged/corrupt and not being useable at all.

It's stuck in your computer's memory. There's a power button on your computer. Use it, and turn your computer completely off. Leave it off for 1 hr. Turn it back on & load up the game. Chances are, your "bugg" will no longer exist.

?

10 hours ago, VonHelton said:

It's stuck in your computer's memory. There's a power button on your computer. Use it, and turn your computer completely off. Leave it off for 1 hr. Turn it back on & load up the game. Chances are, your "bugg" will no longer exist.

I appreciate the idea, but no that won't fix anything. The need to "reboot to fix anything" doesn't exist anymore since Windows 10.

This is rather a bug with FO4 itself, because reloading the previous savegame (and the bugged one afterwards) patches the road back into that savegame. BTW this happened again last night after fighting and building in the area, with the same fix as described in the OP.

I'd guess it is similar to the "reload bug" that has been around since FO3/Skyrim at least - when you reload while playing it's possible that objects, actors or scripts keep the state they had just before reloading.

In this case it's just reversed, a faulty game mechanic or mod disabled this object, and it stays when restarting the game and reloading from a previous savegame.

6 hours ago, D_ManXX2 said:

I checked some more but did you fix this bug ?? if not you may want to check this thread:  

Sounds to me like it could be the same thing.

Thanks i watched the video, luckily it's nothing like this.

So far it's only been this specific object, and it doesn't vanish and reappear depending on my location. I guess it has something to do with either:

A) fighting on the other end of the settlement, near the DC guard vs Super Mutant encounter or the tunnel (perhaps the object is accidentally linked to an explosive car or plank trap there?)

B) being in workshop mode too far away, in the extended borders from All Settlements Extended

Archived