Fallout xxx (been out of the loop) wtf's goin on?

48 minutes ago, toxsickcity said:

Hey all.

Just a quick question about fo4 naughties

I am seeing completely new systems now.

Are we no longer using fourplay?

Is aaf the new thing in town?

Cheers?

There was some anger at Fallout 4 which was brewing in the background. This caused alot of modders to literally drop what they were doing & leave.

But yes, AAF is replacing 4Play, and promises to be even better.

?

9 minutes ago, VonHelton said:

There was some anger at Fallout 4 which was brewing in the background. This caused alot of modders to literally drop what they were doing & leave.

But yes, AAF is replacing 4Play, and promises to be even better.

?

Oh, hey von helton..

Ling time no see!

anger. Do you know what about?

I understand a few of people's gripes..

Things I think we're ehhhhhh.

1. Power armor and minigun first 5 minutes of gameplay.. wtf! Make it harder then that!

2. No real choice to define type of character you are.. good or bad.. like previous games..

3. Story was ok..

4. Character creator as advanced as it is.. I kind of miss selection of races.. I liked it as race defines facial shapes.. there should have better system for presets! 

Instead of showing us 8 preset faces.. should have been more defined. JMHO

And 76! Woooh my God a bit of a hot mess

I been beta 76 a fair bit. Very beautiful game.. but lack of NPCs I truly believe that it ruins the game.. 

I am really enjoying looking around.. seeing new stuff areas etc.. but that will get old very quick..

Bethesda say a year away for mods.. well . 

I really hope mods will someday add some NPCs..

@toxsickcity

You want a challenge? Start replacing some guns. Use for example:

Defense Gun

YonaTaku's DefenseGun replacer for pipe-guns

Modern Weapon Replacer - Sig Sauer MPX (this one doesn't get all thats why Defense Gun (plus replacer is needed))

This set replaces the pipe guns (which are Incredible stupid anyway) and suddenly the lowest raider can become a challenge. Exchange more stuff with the modern weapon replacers and it will get interesting. The last gunner commander got a G36 instead of the usual assault rifle, the rest was armed with Service rifles or Mk14. That was a nasty surprise!

I like the idea of the so called supposed home made pipe pistol..

Just wish there wasn't so many of them

Should be heaps of handguns etc..

Pipe pistol is actually a cool concept.

Desperately people creating shit haha

There is no reason for them to be so power lacky!

In a way the pipe guns are a good idea. But i think Bethesda uses the wrong materials. As a kid me and some of my friends often found training cartridges of the army in the woods surrounding the village. Of course everything that made 'Booom' was interesting so we experimented with the stuff we found. 

The small copper cap for igniting the powder in the training cartridge was enough to rip smaller treestumps apart. Then seeing what Bethesda uses for most of the pipe guns makes me shudder. You might get off one shot, maybe even a second one, but then it would blow up in your face...

The defense gun on the other hand are based on real weapons (2nd WW if i remember correctly), cheap, easily made and within the technical scope raiders and smaller settlements could have in FO4.

But thats just me, trying to put a bit realism into a computer game... which in itself is a bit ironic. ?

Archived