Anyone with a Wikia (Fandom) account more than a year old?

Darklocq

I ran into a wiki article at Fandom (Wikia.com), on a feminism and gaming wiki, all about LoversLab. It was poorly written (in kind of junior-high/middle-school English), not very comprehensive, outdated, full of first-person opinion-mongering, outright wrong about a few things, and generally written like a combination of a review and a blog post, not a wiki article. It was actually comparatively fair/balanced, considering the nature of the site, but needed some work in that regard as well.

I totally overhauled it into a proper wiki article, about on par with a Good Article at Wikipedia (though not in the same tone).  For that site in particular, I delved into women modders' involvement in the erotic mods community, as well as giving way more detail on what LoversLab is and provides, plus some feminist analysis and counter-points, and advice for visitors who come to LL from that article (probably with a bone to pick).

However, I can't actually post it!  The moderators of the site have all basically retired, and left it with anti-spam/vandal settings such that no one with an account at Wikia.com less than a year old can do anything there.  While I do have an account that old, it's under my real name, which I do not associate with gaming- or sexuality-related posts, to avoid data mining by nosy employers, etc.

So, I'm looking for someone who can post it (with a specific edit summary).  The draft is here (and you're welcome to suggest edits or even just directly make them at that draft - it's for a wiki, after all).

* The page to replace is http://geekfeminism.wikia.com/wiki/LoversLab_Analysis

* My rewrite is at https://wiki.openmw.org/index.php?title=User:Darklocq/Geek_Feminism/LoversLab_Analysis

After doing all this, I later discovered a total hatchet job at the same site (e.g. "The extreme and abhorrent nature of the popular available content is both indisputable and blatantly apparent to any observer":

*  http://geekfeminism.wikia.com/wiki/LoversLab

I would suggest replacing that page with:

#REDIRECT [[LoversLab Analysis]]

perhaps with an edit summary of "This is a wiki, not a blog. It should have balanced, research-based articles, not one-sided opinion rants." Or at bare minimum, add a new section at the bottom of it, like:

== A More Balanced, Alternative View of LoversLab and Erotic Gaming ==

See the "[[LoversLab Analysis]]" article for a more neutral and in-depth overview of LoversLab, its community, and women's direct involvement in and influence on erotic gaming.

If you take the latter approach, my rewrite of the first article could also end with something like:

== A More Negative Take on LoversLab and Erotic Gaming ==

See the "[[LoversLab]]" page for a personal opinion piece that is critical of LoversLab and such content, as "extreme and abhorrent" and "further[ing] rape culture, misogyny, sexist attitudes and gender inequality".

Archived