[mod] [CK2] House Irae - Updated 24SEP21

2 hours ago, riqih911 said:

hey lockes... so after last question about successcion law i got burn out from game but now im back againt to make another run and i see got some update and its nice ( tx btw for keep up the mod :3) but  i got another question about the spurned sister, so i start at 1204 ( latin empire scanario) menwhile in game rule the sister invasion start between 1000 - 1020 so will they spwan ? after 1020 ish year? or no cuz m interested with invasion strength ( extreme one)

right now im already at 1040 so like 20 year already in game but the sieter invasion is not yet firing 

image.png.12cc048ac28745a3b3f105de616fcef1.png

On 1/27/2019 at 12:23 PM, riqih911 said:

spurn siter invasion  is in house irae mod right ? i set rusia as the target in game rule but not yet see they spwan in

ok. If you start the game at 1204, I don't believe you will encounter the event that triggers at 1000 because the time frame for that event to trigger is before you start playing. So if you start the game after 1020, you will not encounter the event.

Anyways Lockes, do you plan on adding more RP events/decisions? I figure dueling events within the court or special decisions for the high priestess/council members would really make the whole dark elf experience more flavourful.      

I quickly glanced through the pages and I don't think it was mentioned:

If I start as a tribal with this mod activated I can take up to 3 concubines (working as intended)

Tribals can raid and have concubines regardless of religion. https://ck2.paradoxwikis.com/Tribalism

However when I activate the event to become a dark elf previously chosen concubines are removed from my relationships and I can't take any concubines anymore, even though I still have Tribalism set as my government. The whole section for concubines disappears from my relationships view.

I get this behavior even if I disable all other mods except this one.

I hope this is easy to fix because playing without concubines is 3 women less fun :)

Quick question. Why is the 00_plots.txt file included in common/objectives? Can't see any difference between it and another copy from a different mod, except the edits that the other mod makes, and I'm thinking it may be causing a conflict between them as a result.

3 hours ago, Arigas said:

Quick question. Why is the 00_plots.txt file included in common/objectives? Can't see any difference between it and another copy from a different mod, except the edits that the other mod makes, and I'm thinking it may be causing a conflict between them as a result.

In older versions, it was used to deny players/AI from performing certain plots against certain characters. Feel free to delete it, it's depreciated now.

I can now confirm that the succession issues I was having were a result of not having the Holy Fury DLC. I'm not sure why they happened, but as soon as I bought the DLC, the succession laws stopped changing every time I created a higher tier title and all the vassals under me remained as enatic power struggle as intended. 

Anyway... Love this sub mod and all the recent changes. Thanks again for all the hard work you've put into it!

9 hours ago, R0nin78 said:

I can now confirm that the succession issues I was having were a result of not having the Holy Fury DLC. I'm not sure why they happened, but as soon as I bought the DLC, the succession laws stopped changing every time I created a higher tier title and all the vassals under me remained as enatic power struggle as intended. 

Anyway... Love this sub mod and all the recent changes. Thanks again for all the hard work you've put into it!

? I'll take a look into that

On 2/5/2019 at 5:26 PM, lockeslylcrit said:

In older versions, it was used to deny players/AI from performing certain plots against certain characters. Feel free to delete it, it's depreciated now.

I deleted it recently because it turned out it was breaking the ruthless bloodline's ability to plot to revoke any title.

On 2/8/2019 at 7:00 PM, lockeslylcrit said:

? I'll take a look into that

No worries. And this might help: Pre-reformation of the Lolth faith, if I hand out a newly-conquered duchy to a vassal, it defaults to agnatic in some cases. Once I reform the faith to include the "enatic clans" feature, succession is no longer an issue with any title under any Lolth ruler.

I had something very cool happen in my last playthrough. Apparently because of my threat and proximity to Ivar the Boneless and his Norse Scotland, he converted to Lolth Reformed and went on a conquering rampage. Before he died at 81 years old, Scotland, Ireland, Norway, and half of Sweden were under the Lolth Reformed faith. I doubt it ever would have happened if I hadn't broken the Papacy early on in the game.

If I might make one small suggestion... It would be very cool to have a warrior society open to Drow without having to be tribal. I can't stand playing as tribal due to the lack of technology and its only redeeming feature is spamming those event troops once you have ridiculously high prestige and want to conquer everything in sight. As it is, the only society open to feudal Drow is the Lilith society, which can be fun, but has us missing out on the coolest part of HF, which is the inclusion of warrior societies. I've figured out how to tweak the wolf warriors to let feudals in, but I have no idea how to go about making a Lolth/Dark Seldarine specific society.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Am trying to insert this and other DW fantasy races into random world games, and want to know if there is a way to A: prevent the religious features of mod-created religions from being scrambled, and B: only allow those religions to be placed in territories owned by the related mod-created races.

In other words, how to ensure that dark elves which are placed in a random world are the only race to get the Dark Seldarine religions.

• 2 weeks later...

When playing with the religion of Eilistraee (both reformed and unreformed) when I Declare War with "Conquest of (county name)" it crashes the game.

The option for conquest shows up as the 2nd conquest option when declaring war. The first conquest option is the regular pagan/tribal one..

All CK2 DLCs installed

House Irae Version 1.13 Full 

No other mods installed.

769 Start date

Shattered world with religion set to Full Random

From the CK2 Exception log:

######## EXCEPTION: 0xC0000005 at address: 0x01374E5E: ACCESS VIOLATION  read attempt to address 0x00000008 
Version: Unknown Version
04/01/19 11:56:24

On 4/1/2019 at 12:03 PM, tigeros said:

Shattered world with religion set to Full Random

Yea shattered world creates a whole bunch of issues. House irae dissapears after a couple of years and I crash when hovering over a placeholder for reformation

I think I found a bug. The game is starting with 8 members of house Irae. Each family member has a clone who is in a random court. Freyja clone likes to go to Flanders for some reason. (Only this mod running. I did a clean install of the mod, and repeatedly started new games.) It works fine when you play shattered world all historical. But if you're just trying to run the game on default (eg. no shattered or random world) it bugs. So it probably has something to do with that part of it.

*edited* Turns out removing the history folder, which contains the houseiraecharacters file fixes it. I don't know if this was supposed to be removed or if by removing this I've screwed something up I don't notice yet and fixed one small problem. *shrugs* But I thought I'd let you know. Love the mod!

House Irae has two versions: a standalone version, and a Dark World Fantasy version. If you run Dark World Fantasy, only download the DWF version. If you do not use DWF, only download the standalone version. Do not run them both at the same time.

5 hours ago, lockeslylcrit said:

House Irae has two versions: a standalone version, and a Dark World Fantasy version. If you run Dark World Fantasy, only download the DWF version. If you do not use DWF, only download the standalone version. Do not run them both at the same time.

Well shit. I've been running the standalone version in my current DWF playthrough...

16 hours ago, JadeWolf said:

I think I found a bug. The game is starting with 8 members of house Irae. Each family member has a clone who is in a random court. Freyja clone likes to go to Flanders for some reason. (Only this mod running. I did a clean install of the mod, and repeatedly started new games.) It works fine when you play shattered world all historical. But if you're just trying to run the game on default (eg. no shattered or random world) it bugs. So it probably has something to do with that part of it.

*edited* Turns out removing the history folder, which contains the houseiraecharacters file fixes it. I don't know if this was supposed to be removed or if by removing this I've screwed something up I don't notice yet and fixed one small problem. *shrugs* But I thought I'd let you know. Love the mod!

I noticed the same thing. I just killed the impostors via console commands. Silly me, I should have married the extra Kekvit :P