which mods for a first playthrough?

Nazzzgul666

Hi, i've decided i finally should play FO:NV for the first time and was wondering which mods would be a nice addtion to the original game. I'm not planning to do this as the BDSM hell my Skyrim is, but i wouldn't mind to add some sex mods too. Especially if there's something like amorous adventures which requires you to do vanilla quests rather than interrupt them, that would be a nice addition. Other than that... mainly intrested in bug fixes, graphics, maybe some nice clothes and weapons. Not that much survival stuff or anything to make the game harder, i just want something i can play with a slow pace and maybe shoot some legs with a sniper to watch NPCs crawling. :D

35 minutes ago, Nazzzgul666 said:

Hi, i've decided i finally should play FO:NV for the first time and was wondering which mods would be a nice addtion to the original game. I'm not planning to do this as the BDSM hell my Skyrim is, but i wouldn't mind to add some sex mods too. Especially if there's something like amorous adventures which requires you to do vanilla quests rather than interrupt them, that would be a nice addition. Other than that... mainly intrested in bug fixes, graphics, maybe some nice clothes and weapons. Not that much survival stuff or anything to make the game harder, i just want something i can play with a slow pace and maybe shoot some legs with a sniper to watch NPCs crawling. :D

First do a playthrough without Sexout. Just to get the look and feel of the game.

I recommend only 3 mods for that. YUP to fix Bethesda's/Obsidians bugs, a 4GB patcher to enable the use of more memory and NVAC to improve stablity.

(Shameless plug) After you are done with your playthrough, I'd suggest looking at 'List of Sexout mods' to see if there are mods to your liking and to have a guide on how to install everything. Fallout New Vegas' sex mods are more difficult to get working, as Skyrims.

Fallout New Vegas is far more of a roleplaying game, and cause and effect are more present, so it might be that you don't like it, or like it a lot.

I'm not planning to do this as the BDSM hell my Skyrim is, but i wouldn't mind to add some sex mods too.

Good, because there isn't much BDSM content for Fallout New Vegas. There is various versions of slavery, forced sex etc, but most 'outfits' don't do anything, except looking pretty.

1 hour ago, dborg2 said:

First do a playthrough without Sexout. Just to get the look and feel of the game.

I recommend only 3 mods for that. YUP to fix Bethesda's/Obsidians bugs, a 4GB patcher to enable the use of more memory and NVAC to improve stablity.

(Shameless plug) After you are done with your playthrough, I'd suggest looking at 'List of Sexout mods' to see if there are mods to your liking and to have a guide on how to install everything. Fallout New Vegas' sex mods are more difficult to get working, as Skyrims.

Fallout New Vegas is far more of a roleplaying game, and cause and effect are more present, so it might be that you don't like it, or like it a lot.

Good, because there isn't much BDSM content for Fallout New Vegas. There is various versions of slavery, forced sex etc, but most 'outfits' don't do anything, except looking pretty.

Honestly it's rather unlikey that i'll do more than one playthrough. That's why i'd like to add mods that expect me to do vanilla quests and/or explore the worl for a first run regardless. I've played FO3 several years ago (and 1 and 2 ;)), also modded it a bit but not that much, i guess NV isn't that different at least regarding story and consequences?

Are there any texture overhauls ore something? I don't care that much about graphics, but if i can have nice textures... don't see any reason why i shouldn't add them.^^ I guess i could just search Nexus, but any recommendations what to add or maybe avoid might be helpful. :)

23 minutes ago, Nazzzgul666 said:

Honestly it's rather unlikey that i'll do more than one playthrough. That's why i'd like to add mods that expect me to do vanilla quests and/or explore the worl for a first run regardless. I've played FO3 several years ago (and 1 and 2 ;)), also modded it a bit but not that much, i guess NV isn't that different at least regarding story and consequences?

Are there any texture overhauls ore something? I don't care that much about graphics, but if i can have nice textures... don't see any reason why i shouldn't add them.^^ I guess i could just search Nexus, but any recommendations what to add or maybe avoid might be helpful. :)

My advise is then to look at the 'list of sexout mods' for mods of your liking and also for 'required' mods.

I personally don't use any texture overhauls, because I have way too many other mods running and Fallout only has room for 135 plugins. (half of Skyrims)

19 minutes ago, dborg2 said:

My advise is then to look at the 'list of sexout mods' for mods of your liking and also for 'required' mods.

I personally don't use any texture overhauls, because I have way too many other mods running and Fallout only has room for 135 plugins. (half of Skyrims)

Thanks, already did and also had a look at the guide, it doesn't sound too complicated. :) Glad to see people are still that active and engaged although i'm really late to the party.^^

Assuming the list for sexout mods is a lot shorter than mods on the Nexus... any hidden gems there i should try besides the requirements i'll need for LL mods?

Questwise: The Someguy-mods are nice. I also usually have most of the 'cut content' mods (Except Betsy).

None-quest mods, I hear Project Nevada is pretty good.

Also in case you do decide to do an additional playthrough. 'TaleOfTwoWastelands' allows you to play both Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas in the Fallout New Vegas engine. You'd need Fallout 3 for that though.  Fallout 3 is more like Skyrim in my opinion.

On 10/8/2018 at 4:45 PM, dborg2 said:

Questwise: The Someguy-mods are nice. I also usually have most of the 'cut content' mods (Except Betsy).

None-quest mods, I hear Project Nevada is pretty good.

Also in case you do decide to do an additional playthrough. 'TaleOfTwoWastelands' allows you to play both Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas in the Fallout New Vegas engine. You'd need Fallout 3 for that though.  Fallout 3 is more like Skyrim in my opinion.

Didn't find the time for anything else than checing some more recommendations till now.

First question (i hope it's ok to bother you about this): the links for FOMM pointed to https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/36901 , but the page says there is a new version here https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/36901. Any experience with it? I guess mods are almost always kind of beta, i just want to make sure i have the most stable version.

Just saw you'd rather recommend MO, since i use MO for Skyrim i guess i'd share your taste but the link to STEP in your sexout breeder patch throws a 502 error. Anything FO specific i should know?

Talking about your breeder mod: is it rather consensual or -somewhat- aggressive? I've heard many good things about FO:NV breeder mods but i'm not sure if these things were about your mod, fertile breeder, or a mix of both. Also not sure if any of them would be good to have for a first playthrough, but since you mentioned there is no DD equivalent... i guess i'm pretty much fine with everything that doesn't change or prevent any (good) vanilla quests.

On 10/14/2018 at 10:08 AM, Nazzzgul666 said:

Didn't find the time for anything else than checing some more recommendations till now.

First question (i hope it's ok to bother you about this): the links for FOMM pointed to https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/36901 , but the page says there is a new version here https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/36901. Any experience with it? I guess mods are almost always kind of beta, i just want to make sure i have the most stable version.

Just saw you'd rather recommend MO, since i use MO for Skyrim i guess i'd share your taste but the link to STEP in your sexout breeder patch throws a 502 error. Anything FO specific i should know?

Talking about your breeder mod: is it rather consensual or -somewhat- aggressive? I've heard many good things about FO:NV breeder mods but i'm not sure if these things were about your mod, fertile breeder, or a mix of both. Also not sure if any of them would be good to have for a first playthrough, but since you mentioned there is no DD equivalent... i guess i'm pretty much fine with everything that doesn't change or prevent any (good) vanilla quests. 

I personally don't like FOMM at all. I only use it when I need to test, because then I don't want to screw up my load order in Mod Organizer.

STEP had some issues lately, but if you used MO for Skyrim you should know most things. The STEP-stuff is mostly on how to add applications etc.

Sexout Breeder starts of forced, but in most episodes players can choose to remain submissive (Concensual), become dominant (Concensual), or just leave the area/episode entirely. All area's where you are captured, will eventually release you (unless you choose the wrong options in the unfinished Supermutant episode)

Fertile Breeder (base) is concensual.

Fertile Breeder Farm starts forced but becomes concensual

Fertile Breeder Captured I never managed to play, but sounds forced all the way

Fertile Breeder Zeta doesn't have much sex at all, but provides the lore. You'll need TTW for these and the next plugins.

Fertile Breeder Jade is a follow up of Fertile Breeder Zeta and contains some forced and concensual stuff

Fertile Breeder DC is like the original Fertile Breeder, but then for the DC wasteland.

Note for the Fertile Breeder stuff. If you have Fertile Breeder Zeta installed, none of the other plugins can start, until you finish FB-Zeta (Unless you use the MCM skip option)

Fertile Breeder Loadscreens are just mspaint-drawn loadscreens that loosely refer to the FB-content.

On 10/16/2018 at 4:54 PM, dborg2 said:

Fertile Breeder DC is like the original Fertile Breeder, but then for the DC wasteland.

Note for the Fertile Breeder stuff. If you have Fertile Breeder Zeta installed, none of the other plugins can start, until you finish FB-Zeta (Unless you use the MCM skip option)

Fertile Breeder Loadscreens are just mspaint-drawn loadscreens that loosely refer to the FB-content.

Thanks. Unfortunatly i can't find my CD (DVD?) for FO3 anymore, not sure if it's worth it to buy again just to play TTW, i wouldn't start another playthrough at least... but it sounds like a lot of mods require it, if it's on sale i'll consider it.

Forced start + consensual later is what i'm looking for, so thanks for advice and making one of them. :)

*edit: the description that your breeder mod isn't compatible with any fertile breeder addons is still true? So i have to chose between yours and fertile breeder farm?

And is there something like SLAL to add new animations to sexout, i.e are there animations not included plus a way to add them even morons can follow?^^

4 hours ago, Nazzzgul666 said:

Thanks. Unfortunatly i can't find my CD (DVD?) for FO3 anymore, not sure if it's worth it to buy again just to play TTW, i wouldn't start another playthrough at least... but it sounds like a lot of mods require it, if it's on sale i'll consider it.

Forced start + consensual later is what i'm looking for, so thanks for advice and making one of them. :)

*edit: the description that your breeder mod isn't compatible with any fertile breeder addons is still true? So i have to chose between yours and fertile breeder farm?

And is there something like SLAL to add new animations to sexout, i.e are there animations not included plus a way to add them even morons can follow?^^

Usually Fallout 3+all DLC is in all the sales for 5 dollars on Steam.

Fertile Breeder and Sexout Breeder are compatible, in that they won't hurt eachother, but they might conflict lore wise.. ie. at some points all males get killed in a city, except for the fertile breeder one... (also might have some small issues with placement)

SexoutNG contains all animations. Sexout Common Resources contains all resources that most mods need. Sexout Pregnancy/Offspring contain anything needed for pregnancies. Maternity Pack Overkill is a nice framework on its owm and a requirement for Fertile Breeder.

Archived