[mod] [CK2] Luxuria Fantasia - Updated: 23AUG20

I love how active the CK2 subforum is lately. Thank you for all the updates!

I do have a small suggestion, though. The Dark World decisions are seriously cluttering the intrigue menu. Would you consider hiding the less important ones in a submenu like this:

output_3RpFZa.gif.ae164ec90332ada9e0facb3580964bec.gif

I implemented it myself, but it gets wiped out with every update. Creating a submod just for a small thing like that seems like a waste.

20 minutes ago, bitWolfy said:

I do have a small suggestion, though. The Dark World decisions are seriously cluttering the intrigue menu. Would you consider hiding the less important ones in a submenu like this:

I implemented it myself, but it gets wiped out with every update. Creating a submod just for a small thing like that seems like a waste.

DWFantasyHideShow.zip

It will be implemented in the next update

14 hours ago, lockeslylcrit said:

The problem is due to 3.0's new gamerule "Generate Families", which adds characters to the game for unmarried rulers. Since these happen at the very end of the startup, any on_startup event (e.g. virgin trait assignment) wont fire for these new characters. It's time consuming to get a solution working that doesn't involve having such events fire on the second day.

Until then, save and reload your game. This will trigger another on_startup virgin trait and breasts/dick assignment.

Thanks a bunch for this.  will give it a try here then.  I was not sure.

5 hours ago, bitWolfy said:

What fontmod are you using? Your text looks a lot clearer than vanilla.

40 minutes ago, Lewd_Vampire said:

Sadly since the last updates its crashes when I want to start a new campaign.

New version works fine mate, and I'm using it along side a bunch of other mods, including my own.

Double check that you're not using something else that might conflict.

Failing that, download the FULL version of the mod (not the update version), delete the fantasy folder out of your mod directory, and extract the full version there (don't overwrite), just to make sure you have everything you're supposed to.  If that still doesn't work, there's something else janky on your end.

On 12/11/2018 at 10:31 AM, lockeslylcrit said:

DWFantasyHideShow.zip

It will be implemented in the next update

The way it's currently implemented does not work, by the way. You are setting a character flag, but then checking if the character has a modifier applied to them.

Even with the previous issue fixed, the hidden decisions are inserted in a random place, instead of a neat little list like in my example. It looks quite messy and confusing.

Also, while trying to resolve the ordering issue, I have discovered that Dark World Extras seems to overwrite the localisation of a few DWF decisions despite not making any changes to the decisions themselves. Notably, dw_go_shopping, dw_work_whore, and dw_visit_brothel names and descriptions get (needlessly) changed. That's an issue to be brought up with @Aliris, though.

Digging through the incredible mess of a code you are trying to maintain gave me a new appreciation for all the work you've been doing, though.

There is also a small issue I've found with claiming the slaver bloodline. Not only is the decision not checking for whether a slaver bloodline has been created already, the name description for the bloodline itself are broken because of a typo.

Capture.PNG.44b4bb8fb582f52fe09b92d32918380f.PNG

It's dwf_slavers_bloodline in the decision itself, but dwf_slaver_bloodline in the localisation.

2 hours ago, bitWolfy said:

The way it's currently implemented does not work, by the way. You are setting a character flag, but then checking if the character has a modifier applied to them.

Even with the previous issue fixed, the hidden decisions are inserted in a random place, instead of a neat little list like in my example. It looks quite messy and confusing.

Also, while trying to resolve the ordering issue, I have discovered that Dark World Extras seems to overwrite the localisation of a few DWF decisions despite not making any changes to the decisions themselves. Notably, dw_go_shopping, dw_work_whore, and dw_visit_brothel names and descriptions get (needlessly) changed). That's an issue to be brought up with @Aliris, though.

Digging through the incredible mess of a code you are trying to maintain gave me a new appreciation for all the work you've been doing, though.

This is probably due to a lot of the stuff Toska was using being revamps of code from the original Dark World that were removed from the initial build of Dark World Core. Basically, he was adding in stuff that had been taken out. But then that stuff later got added BACK in to Dark World Core, and voila, tons of conflicts.

I took out most of the conflicting stuff, but there may be a few things that need deconfliction. Feel free to point out which, I'll gladly remove or adapt them to mesh better.

1 hour ago, Aliris said:

This is probably due to a lot of the stuff Toska was using being revamps of code from the original Dark World that were removed from the initial build of Dark World Core. Basically, he was adding in stuff that had been taken out. But then that stuff later got added BACK in to Dark World Core, and voila, tons of conflicts.

I took out most of the conflicting stuff, but there may be a few things that need deconfliction. Feel free to point out which, I'll gladly remove or adapt them to mesh better.

I figured as much. Considering how much Dark World has been worked and re-worked by different people, it's really not that surprising that these things crop up.

DWT_Events.csv seems to be sprincled with the odd lines from the core mod. Here are the ones I found so far.

DWT_Events.csv
    dw_work_whore
    dw_work_whore_desc
    dw_visit_brothel
    dw_visit_brothel_desc
    dw_go_shopping
    dw_go_shopping_desc
    dw_good_sex
    dw_whore_recovery
    dw_alpha_bitch
    dw_pet_guard_dog
DWT_buildings.csv
    dw_go_shopping
    dw_go_shopping_desc

Oddly enough, while dw_good_sex is a duplicate, dw_good_sex_desc is actually missing from Dark World Fantasy. Not sure what's up with that.

A lot of these were still in the localisation files because I didn't poke through to figure out what was or wasn't still used within them, way back when. I've now gone ahead and removed everything in the dw_ namespace, or renamed them to dwt_ where necessary/applicable.

If there are any further duplications, or if I somehow now have a few broken/missing localisations as a result, let me know and I'll fix them. :)

7 hours ago, Drax70 said:

What's with the message rule reset guys?

Every time I log in the game the "message rules" return to the starting state. Did the new 3.0.1 patch messed these up? Becaused I already started a new campaign with the updated Fantasy and Extras...

Message settings are stored in the user_dir folders assigned by each mod that utilizes it.

In the case of Dark World Fantasy, it is /My Documents/Paradox Interactive/Crusader Kings II/Dark World Fantasy/

If you are using (for example) DWF, DWE, and My Personal Castle, the folder will be /Dark World Fantasy_personal_castle_Dark World Extras/

Within these folders you'll find an /interface/ folder with the messagetypes_custom.txt file. These are your custom message type settings. If you swap mods, you're also going to swap user_dir which means you'll also start with a fresh messagetypes_custom.txt file.

Simply find the file that you used before and copy it into the new user_dir