[mod] [CK2] Luxuria Fantasia - Updated: 23AUG20

I think I figured out my issue! I can't speak for @mirlo1's issue, which looks like a portrait/mod issue, but it seems 2.6.3 simply isn't save compatible with my save, which is 2.5.1, as I didn't see incorrect portraits when I started a new game with 2.6.3. So yeah, there might be issues if players play an old save in new versions. Also holy crap I downloaded 2.5.1 like a week or so ago, and I'm way behind of current version!? I guess I'll start over? The changes seem significant.

1 hour ago, lockeslylcrit said:

Try deleting the Dark World Reborn and DWTweaks folder from your /mod/ folder, then unzipping a fresh copy of DWTweaks 2.6.3, then re-validating the files in Steam (Right click the game, choose Properties, then click on the Local Files tab, and choose Verify Integrity). Once that is done, restart the game with only DWTweaks and DWR selected.

See if that fixes the portraits. Everything works fine on my end, except for the vanilla 3.0 problem of the missing Andalusian portraits.

Thank you very much ?

It realy helped. I cant believe it...

And not to forget i thank you for your great mod ?

8 hours ago, rasters80 said:

2.7 is compatible with saved game of 2.6.3?

Unless you're playing with DWSE content, it should be savegame compatible. That is, if you already have a dragon in your court, their portraits may or may not work properly. Otherwise everything else may work fine.

Intend to give this one a try, but got a few questions first.

If the requiremints for the original DW it says:

"Requires Crusader Kings 2 - version 2.8x
Part of the Succubus Seduction path uses the Way of Life DLC (you can just opt to not use the Kiss of Seduction if you don't have that DLC)

Part of the Societies may call on content from the Monk and Mystics expansion."

So I wonder:

1. Does it work on 3.0 or do I need to roll back to an earlier version?

2. If you don't have Way of Life and/or Monks and Mysticks will it break the game or will I simply miss some stuff?

Also: It's been ages since I played a Republic, so I was going to do that next. Do you need to be a Monarch for most of it's features or are Merchant Princes also ok?

3 hours ago, Starfire12 said:

Intend to give this one a try, but got a few questions first.

If the requiremints for the original DW it says:

"Requires Crusader Kings 2 - version 2.8x
Part of the Succubus Seduction path uses the Way of Life DLC (you can just opt to not use the Kiss of Seduction if you don't have that DLC)

Part of the Societies may call on content from the Monk and Mystics expansion."

So I wonder:

1. Does it work on 3.0 or do I need to roll back to an earlier version?

2. If you don't have Way of Life and/or Monks and Mysticks will it break the game or will I simply miss some stuff?

Also: It's been ages since I played a Republic, so I was going to do that next. Do you need to be a Monarch for most of it's features or are Merchant Princes also ok?

The original DWR and DWTweaks both work perfectly for 3.0. The reason DWR hasn't updated to say it is because dewguru has been MIA for months. Hence the need for DWTweaks.

You need M&M for the society, but you don't need WoL for the seduction (as far as I know). Nothing breaks, you'll just be missing a little content.

8 hours ago, lockeslylcrit said:

The original DWR and DWTweaks both work perfectly for 3.0. The reason DWR hasn't updated to say it is because dewguru has been MIA for months. Hence the need for DWTweaks.

You need M&M for the society, but you don't need WoL for the seduction (as far as I know). Nothing breaks, you'll just be missing a little content.

Thx for the heads up. Got WoL, but not interested in M&M and didn't want to buy it just to make the mod work.

Uploaded 2.8

This update is not savegame compatible.

2.8 will remove all content rules from the game rules and instead rely completely on global flags. There is a new decision in the intrigue menu called Dark World Options Menu to individually set content on or off.

The current defaults are:

Heaven & Hell on

Fae on

Far East on

Classic Monsters on

Tentacles on

Gender Bender off

Bestiality off

DWSE Reptillians on

DWSE Dragons on

Fairy Tale events on

Pop Culture characters on

Random vampire attacks off

NOTE TO MODDERS WHO WANT TO USE DWTWEAKS AS A DEPENDENCY:

Instead of pointing your triggers to DW game rules, use the DW scripted triggers instead. The following is a list of content triggers:

has_nosferatu_enabled (Controls random vampire attacks. Uses global flags DWTWVampireAttacksOn/DWTWVampireAttacksOff)
has_dwse_player_only_slaving (Turns on all dragon content and controls if only the player may sell slaves or prisoners to the Elder Forest. Uses global flag DWTWDWSEDragonPlayerOnly)
has_dwse_no_empire (Turns off the display of the Elder Forest and all decisions/events involving dragons. Uses global flag DWTWDWSEDragonOff)
has_dwse_dragon_on (Turns on all dragon content. Uses global flag DWTWDWSEDragonOn)
has_dwse_lizards_yes (Turns on DWSE Reptillian content. Uses global flag DWTWDWSELizardOn) 
has_dwse_lizards_marriage (Turns off DWSE content involving the spawning of Reptillians with the exception of the Imperial Marriage decision. Uses global flagDWTWDWSELizardMarriage)  
has_heaven_hell_content (Controls Demon/Angel content. Uses global flags DWTWHHOn/DWTWHHOff)
has_classic_monsters_content (Controls Werewolf/Vampire content. Uses global flags DWTWClassicOn/DWTWClassicOff)
has_fae_content (Controls Orc/Elf/Fae content. Uses global flags DWTWFaeOn/DWTWFaeOff)
has_far_east_content (Controls Kitsune/Neko content. Uses global flags DWTWFarEastOn/DWTWFarEastOff)
has_seeds_chaos_content (Controls Tentacle-kin content. Uses global flags DWTWTentacleOn/DWTWTentacleOff)
has_gender_bender_content (Controls Futa/Trap content. Uses global flags DWTWGenderBendOn/DWTWGenderBendOff)
has_bestiality_content (Controls animal sex content. Uses global flags DWTWBeastialityOn/DWTWBeastialityOff)
has_pop_culture_content (Controls the spawning of pop culture NPCs. Uses global flags DWTWPopCultureOn/DWTWPopCultureOff)
has_fairy_tale_content (Controls the spawning of fairy tale events and the usage of some decisions involving them. Uses global flags DWTWPopCultureOn/DWTWPopCultureOff)

1 hour ago, lockeslylcrit said:

Uploaded 2.8

This update is not savegame compatible.

2.8 will remove all content rules from the game rules and instead rely completely on global flags. There is a new decision in the intrigue menu called Dark World Options Menu to individually set content on or off.

The current defaults are:

Heaven & Hell on

Fae on

Far East on

Classic Monsters on

Tentacles on

Gender Bender off

Bestiality off

DWSE Reptillians on

DWSE Dragons on

Fairy Tale events on

Pop Culture characters on

Random vampire attacks off

I was quite surprised looking at new decision in the menu intrigue called "Dark World Options Menu". When I read, for example, "Heaven & Hell on" or "Heaven & Hell off", I did not understand if the content is there or not. Thank you for having specified here, I will be able to resume my game.

I'd rename the decisons from 'XYZ on/off" to "enable/disable XYZ' to avoid plauer confusion.

Also, it'd be usegul if the rules could be retainedused to feed the initial values for the flags. Setting rules and saving presets id much more convenient than having to click a dozen of decisions each campaign.

1 hour ago, ngppgn said:

I'd rename the decisons from 'XYZ on/off" to "enable/disable XYZ' to avoid plauer confusion.

Also, it'd be usegul if the rules could be retainedused to feed the initial values for the flags. Setting rules and saving presets id much more convenient than having to click a dozen of decisions each campaign.

This was done to reduce gamerule spam. Adding them in would be redundant, as most players already play with the default rules.

So I updated mid savegame to the most recent version (not a serious save, just one I use for testing my own mod) and you turned my swedish king into a little catboy.  I was quite shocked.  Lol  Which is weird... because he didn't have a neko trait (before OR after the update)...

Anywho, the in-game menu is an interesting choice.  I might have to investigate that as an option for future content in my own nonsense mod.  In that regard, I might be dense, but at present, for some of the settings, particularly the lizard/dragon options, it's not exactly clear what the CURRENT active option is without clicking through all of them one after another until you get back to the one you supposedly started at..  Unless I'm missing something?  Is it supposed to refresh the description at the top when you jam the buttons?  I worry about quickly cycling through the options to get back to the start because of CK's screwiness with random script lag and potentially messing up the globals.

Also, I love ya for the option to filter in the dark world races with the humans.  That's EXACTLY what I wanted from the original mod.

A few of the decisions (example: dragon_sex_event) in the dwse_offmap_decisions file use 'practical_age >= 45'.    Is that restricting the decision to only characters age 45+?   I only just started trying to event mod, so I'm likely reading it wrong.

I love that people are using practical_age, been playing with event modding and it really helps when dealing with immortals.

43 minutes ago, Merdred44 said:

A few of the decisions (example: dragon_sex_event) in the dwse_offmap_decisions file use 'practical_age >= 45'.    Is that restricting the decision to only characters age 45+?   I only just started trying to event mod, so I'm likely reading it wrong.

Erm. Looks like a few NOTs were missing.

Just a small thing I noticed but when making a random world the Orc culture all had the default dynasty name (Smith) rather than the new orcish dynasties.

Checking the files, it turns out that while in dwtw_cultures.txt the culture is labeled "orcish", in orcish_dynasties.txt the dynasties all refer to culture="orc"

I'm not sure which name is called for in other scripts, but changing them to be the same should fix it

38 minutes ago, Meomara said:

Just a small thing I noticed but when making a random world the Orc culture all had the default dynasty name (Smith) rather than the new orcish dynasties.

Checking the files, it turns out that while in dwtw_cultures.txt the culture is labeled "orcish", in orcish_dynasties.txt the dynasties all refer to culture="orc"

I'm not sure which name is called for in other scripts, but changing them to be the same should fix it

Good catch