Bugging Issues (Closed)

If you follow the guide (a more detailed pdf is under the download bar) you'll see you need to download all files as loose files. Unpack them all in some directory, rename a file you just unpacked. Remove all extra files/directories. Then zip the entire directory and add it to FOMM as a new mod.

The specific details are in the PDF.

(It will also tell you in which order you unpack the files and if you follow that order it's always 'overwrite = yes')

yes, @dborg2 is accurate.  Also in your case I would strongly recommend that you make a backup of the folder you created so that you won't have to recreate it again. This can be independent of the rest of your issues you might have. Once created it can be installed and re-installed again and again as needed.

The PDF has much more details as well if you need that level of assistance.  You can post clarifying questions if you run into any on that thread (for SCR Resource creation of course) or this one. Keep in mind I don't currently and haven't had a current install for some versions of Sexout now so I have only limited knowledge of details related to changes.

The mods you have installed look about right. Now just choose some mod to get the sex act working to make sure you are good to go, Then you can continue with Sexout. Common Resources. (Not sure if you still need the BNB Body Extender compatible (skeleton) I believe it is installed with Sexout bodies but not sure in any case it can be useful later if you have a body issue as you can reinstall it and get it to work properly again. ;) some mods come with skeletons included and this fucks up your game. )

Once you are ready and verify that you have no problems with a clean system and Sexout, post back. Hopefully someone will be ablle to help with the SCR install and resources if I am not around. :D

5 hours ago, Dragons Unleashed said:

Okay so this is a different thread to fix things on, so we arent spamming another thread as recommended by @RitualClarity
I figured id tag you and send a link as well, ok so I need to know whats up, so when im putting in mods into the SCR resources file, do I let it replace the multiple files? also Current package setting, see if i have it set up right

Capture.PNG

This is what you have in FOMM. (not using an other manager.) and not in the Resource folder. Correct?

8 hours ago, RitualClarity said:

This is what you have in FOMM. (not using an other manager.) and not in the Resource folder. Correct?

If that's the case, Dragons Unleashed is missing "The Mod Configuration Menu", and "NVAC"(New Vegas Anti-Crash)

For testing you can use Sexout Sexkey. It litterally gives you the ability "press x for sex"

24 minutes ago, dborg2 said:

If that's the case, Dragons Unleashed is missing "The Mod Configuration Menu", and "NVAC"(New Vegas Anti-Crash)

For testing you can use Sexout Sexkey. It literally gives you the ability "press x for sex"

The MCM... is for configuration of the mods. I believe he should be able to use Sex key and call an act. We aren't at the point where he will be configuring settings. It is a soft requirement.

At this point... he has nothing really installed. Those mods aren't stressful enough to need NVAC ... (At this point) and he can test with what he has in my opinion.  I have ran a basic bare bones Sexout without any NVAC for years...  He is having basic problems with getting the mods to work not issues with crashing if I remember correctly.  Another soft requirement along with CASM s well once we get a functional system running.

however, I haven't been using it for some time now so if that has changed I wouldn't know.  If that is the case sorry. :D I am seriously out dated here. Fortunately  I have years of experience with testing and bug testing and setup and even a tutorial or two under my belt to be of some use. :P

Also make sure you have the NVSE itself  (minus the scripts) installed in the MAIN FOLDER. (where the Fallout NV exe is located.) not the Data folder. Just covering the basics since we are doing a complete rebuild of your NV game. There is an excellent tutorial by BruceWayne linked in my sig below that covers basic installatoin and setup of Sexout itself.

Also, another poster made me remember the following:

Where is FOMM installed?  It needs to be at the root or anywhere outside of the Windows Programs folders (or any other protected folder like that.)While at it... which OS are you using... ? (for my own info :D , I wonder if FOMM works well with Windows 10)

Once we have a good base Sexout we can move to SCR... That is if @Dragons Unleashed wishes to continue.

@Dragons Unleashed @dborg2 is an excellent mod author and trouble shooter and gives excellent advice and assistance as well. Between the two of us (and other skilled people if they join) you should be able to get your Mojave sex on!

13 hours ago, RitualClarity said:

yes, this is in FOMM in the package manager general area, and I did have both but this is after my cleaning up to completely redo my modding, and yeah crashing isnt my issue, i mean sometimes the game will freeze up and i have to restart but it doesnt close down on me, which could be as simple as a graphics card issue for the freezing but that doesnt bother me really. and okay let me start fixing it up now and ill get back to you all on it

also 
yes Windows 10
and 

C:\Program Files (x86)\Old FOMM

had to rename it to old fomm bc it wouldnt open and i read a thread that said to rename it and it worked soo

and yeah ive redone the NVSE setup already too

4 hours ago, RitualClarity said:

The MCM... is for configuration of the mods. I believe he should be able to use Sex key and call an act. We aren't at the point where he will be configuring settings. It is a soft requirement.

At this point... he has nothing really installed. Those mods aren't stressful enough to need NVAC ... (At this point) and he can test with what he has in my opinion.  I have ran a basic bare bones Sexout without any NVAC for years...  He is having basic problems with getting the mods to work not issues with crashing if I remember correctly.  Another soft requirement along with CASM s well once we get a functional system running.

however, I haven't been using it for some time now so if that has changed I wouldn't know.  If that is the case sorry. :D I am seriously out dated here. Fortunately  I have years of experience with testing and bug testing and setup and even a tutorial or two under my belt to be of some use. :P

Also make sure you have the NVSE itself  (minus the scripts) installed in the MAIN FOLDER. (where the Fallout NV exe is located.) not the Data folder. Just covering the basics since we are doing a complete rebuild of your NV game. There is an excellent tutorial by BruceWayne linked in my sig below that covers basic installatoin and setup of Sexout itself.

Also, another poster made me remember the following:

Where is FOMM installed?  It needs to be at the root or anywhere outside of the Windows Programs folders (or any other protected folder like that.)While at it... which OS are you using... ? (for my own info :D , I wonder if FOMM works well with Windows 10)

Once we have a good base Sexout we can move to SCR... That is if @Dragons Unleashed wishes to continue.

@Dragons Unleashed @dborg2 is an excellent mod author and trouble shooter and gives excellent advice and assistance as well. Between the two of us (and other skilled people if they join) you should be able to get your Mojave sex on!

I believe I have all the files already downloaded but not extracted yet

Capture.PNG

1 hour ago, Dragons Unleashed said:

yes, this is in FOMM in the package manager general area, and I did have both but this is after my cleaning up to completely redo my modding, and yeah crashing isnt my issue, i mean sometimes the game will freeze up and i have to restart but it doesnt close down on me, which could be as simple as a graphics card issue for the freezing but that doesnt bother me really. and okay let me start fixing it up now and ill get back to you all on it

also 
yes Windows 10
and 

C:\Program Files (x86)\Old FOMM

had to rename it to old fomm bc it wouldnt open and i read a thread that said to rename it and it worked soo

and yeah ive redone the NVSE setup already too

Before you get too deep into the install. I would suggest that you install FOMM in the root of the drive. .. for example C:/FOMM.

I believe I have all the files already downloaded but not extracted yet

Capture.PNG

Then reinstall those few mods you shown us above and then add Sexout SEX to test your setup.  The way you have FOMM setup you might have to run it as an administer which isn't advisable. (the last part came from one of the maintaners of FOMM)

YOu should have a functional system then you can continue... I'd only work those files on SCR thread and then the SCR Resources Tutorial then finally Sexout Store to test the Resources to be sure they work.  THEN, start to install other stuff.

2 hours ago, RitualClarity said:

Before you get too deep into the install. I would suggest that you install FOMM in the root of the drive. .. for example C:/FOMM.

Then reinstall those few mods you shown us above and then add Sexout SEX to test your setup.  The way you have FOMM setup you might have to run it as an administer which isn't advisable. (the last part came from one of the maintaners of FOMM)

YOu should have a functional system then you can continue... I'd only work those files on SCR thread and then the SCR Resources Tutorial then finally Sexout Store to test the Resources to be sure they work.  THEN, start to install other stuff.

OKAY, I GOT MY MODELS, ITS ALIVE NOW

You have a functional sex system up and running?  and (  I assume) your models means you have the clothing and such running as well. :D

If that is the case, take it easy , first make a backup of your files etc then test a few mods at a time to be sure they are playing properly with what you have. then start to have fun.

22 hours ago, RitualClarity said:

You have a functional sex system up and running?  and (  I assume) your models means you have the clothing and such running as well. :D

If that is the case, take it easy , first make a backup of your files etc then test a few mods at a time to be sure they are playing properly with what you have. then start to have fun.

yep, got everything working, thank you two for helping my pathetic ass remod my game ?, hope everything goes well for you, gl m8s

Cool great...

Now you can help others that you understand what happened ..

At times it is better you are a "pathetic ass" :P (your words)  as you likely learned quite a bit during this process.  :D

Also, note... you can now mark the thread answered ;) 

Perhaps some of what happened here can help others. Or others might decide to jump on your thread to get answers. :D

Enjoy your game...

On 9/25/2018 at 10:35 PM, RitualClarity said:

Cool great...

Now you can help others that you understand what happened ..

At times it is better you are a "pathetic ass" :P (your words)  as you likely learned quite a bit during this process.  :D

Also, note... you can now mark the thread answered ;) 

Perhaps some of what happened here can help others. Or others might decide to jump on your thread to get answers. :D

Enjoy your game...

soooooooooo im back again, ok so i get models but i have to be in 3rd person mode before it happens to show the player models

the free cam moves... depending on where you are you sometimes do seem to disappear but the camera is in the wrong place. Have you tried moving the camera (location) to see if it is that. (pan out etc) 

The only think I can think of for invisible during sex otherwise is something wrong with NVSE or NX extender installation or version.  NVSE has to be manually installed into the main folder.. common error. Sometimes managers don't extract the NX extender properly.  I suggest manual install to the proper location per instructions found on that page.

Otherwise I am not aware of any issues like what you are reporting.

28 minutes ago, RitualClarity said:

the free cam moves... depending on where you are you sometimes do seem to disappear but the camera is in the wrong place. Have you tried moving the camera (location) to see if it is that. (pan out etc) 

The only think I can think of for invisible during sex otherwise is something wrong with NVSE or NX extender installation or version.  NVSE has to be manually installed into the main folder.. common error. Sometimes managers don't extract the NX extender properly.  I suggest manual install to the proper location per instructions found on that page.

Otherwise I am not aware of any issues like what you are reporting.

yeah i panned out and did the manual install using the proper installation manual

yeah i panned out and did the manual install using the proper installation manual

did it work afterwards, or are you saying you did it and it sill doesn't work ... if it is the second part... .then I don't know what to say. I never had a problem like that. I also don't remember helping or seeing anything of a solution for something like that in the past. perhaps @dborg2 might have some ideas.

34 minutes ago, RitualClarity said:

did it work afterwards, or are you saying you did it and it sill doesn't work ... if it is the second part... .then I don't know what to say. I never had a problem like that. I also don't remember helping or seeing anything of a solution for something like that in the past. perhaps @dborg2 might have some ideas.

its already been done and it doesnt work

6 hours ago, RitualClarity said:

I hope I'm concluding this correctly:

- Dragons Unleached can view his/her character having sex when the character was in third-view before the sex-scene triggered

- Dragons Unleached can't view his/her character having sex when the character was in first-view before the sex-scene triggered

If that's the case, you might want to try this mod:

https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/55334

Nice side effect of this mod is, that in first person view, you can see yourself walking around.

15 hours ago, dborg2 said:

- Dragons Unleached can view his/her character having sex when the character was in third-view before the sex-scene triggered

- Dragons Unleached can't view his/her character having sex when the character was in first-view before the sex-scene triggered

Nice side effect of this mod is, that in first person view, you can see yourself walking around.

yeah thats it and okay lemme try

On 10/2/2018 at 1:54 AM, dborg2 said:

nope didnt work

Archived