Big mess I guess

R113

I tried to get bodyscaling to work in game, there probably wasn't any big issue to begin with but as I am such a modding god, I started to reinstall and poke everything mindlessly, they got worse until I turned my game into big diarrhea.

I don't want to lose the current save. How should I fix my mods efficiently, like what's the best method and where to begin?

Do I have to face the fear itself and reinstall everything one by one now or something?

ps. I looked up tes5edit if that helps at all but it seems more of a modder's tool and confuses me too much.

1 hour ago, Rullis113 said:

Do I have to face the fear itself and reinstall everything one by one now or something?

At the moment, if you have no backup of the data and the plugins.txt - yes.
For the future: Your mods are stored in the plugins.txt.
In User/Your Username/Appdata/Local/Skyrim.

Before you install Skyrim next time, make a backup of this file.

You then still have to download the mods (if necessary, because no backup or download folder for mods), but you at least know which mods were installed in which order.

PS: If you use any Modmanager, the Data folder and/or the Plugins.txt is somewhere else.

Well, actually... reinstall from scratch might not be necessary if you use MO, but i'd give up that save. Reinstall everything from scratch won't rescue that save either. best shot to rescue any save would be to check which mods where installed on a save before you messed it up, reinstall them, then load that save. Any save after that is... even if not entirely lost probably more work to get it working than just replay everything.

Archived