Has anyone ever dealt with a black textured body in Bodyslide before?

Rusty Core

The problem started when I did a fix for neck seams on a specific mod. I followed some instructions from the full version of the Texblend  download page bc I could never get texblend lite to work.  I did everything It told me but it turned out it didn't work anyway, so I decided to live with it considering the issue only affected the few npcs of that mod. 

Hours later, after scrolling and downloading a small number of more mods, I started up Bodyslide again to make adjustments, but when I pulled up the preview window, the female body model was black all over except for the area from the collarbone up, which was normal skin color. I have no clue how this occurred tho my guess is I fucked up somewhere along the lines of Texblending. I have tried uninstalling my demoniacs texture mod to see if that helped, but nothing changed. I haven't started the game to see if this affected ingame npcs or anything, but my guess is that since I haven't built a new body since finding this, the old body with the correct textures will still be used.

If anyone has encountered this before or knows how to deal with and solve the issue I would greatly appreciate your assistance.

Texture would be loaded in game if it was placed in the default directory and has no other mod override, generating a body mesh is not required.

Anytime you have a problem with a preview in bodyslide select a different outfit and see if it persists, may just be a problem with that one outfit mesh texture settings. Bodyslide preview is not be able to display some textures the same as they appear in game.

Best bet would be to zip the texture and upload it.

it's alright I figured it out. somehow bodyslides directory was changed to my old nonexistent skyrim data location. I fixed that and located the folder where texblend had put the black textures and deleted it. everythings back to normal with bodyslide but on another note I still have a problem with texblend lite that ive been ignoring cuz I never found out how to fix it.

Just like the bodyslide problem, texblend seems to be basing my game data location off of something other than the Config.xml file it comes with. Ive already went in and changed the game data path but it still pops up with the infamous failed to open color source error. When I look at the dircectory in that error box, the path includes my old skyrim directory, so basically its saying it was looking for files where files don't even exist. 

ive scoured the internet and so far have found people with the same color source problem but not exactly like mine.

That's the whole reason I used the full version of it.

Archived