[SOLVED] Topless Male Nordplate

1 hour ago, FauxFurry said:

The Barbarian Loincloths already have the lower portion separated from the upper armor meshes.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/9325

That's... not Nord Plate though. Literally the set pictured.

I don't want any rando topless armor, I want this specific one without a chest piece.
Also, notice the PANTS. Covered legs. Not a skirt/loincloth/etc.

49 minutes ago, TentakelnBitte said:

I don't want any rando topless armor, I want this specific one without a chest piece.

One of the loincloths is from the Nord Plate Armor but they did trim a mite too much off of the legs for it to be a perfect match to what you requested. It isn't likely that particular modder would be willing to undo that process, either.

Maybe one of the modular armors around has the thigh pieces included, not that I can recall any off of the top of my head that resemble the Nord Plate set. RefurbMadness' Steel sets don't have thigh guards at all.

• 9 months later...
On 9/9/2018 at 3:48 AM, D.I.Z said:

did you try to open the meshes in blender and remove what you want?

Nope. Blender hates me. I've given up trying to export anything from it to Skyrim.  

On 9/9/2018 at 6:37 PM, Setekh said:

What exactly do you want doing? The whole top piece and pauldrons removed leaving only the bottom half?

I want it exactly as pictured! Bare-chested male vanilla Nord plate. That image was made with photoshop, it doesn't actually exist anywhere.

On 9/10/2018 at 11:26 AM, PlayerKiller said:

Not sure if you want the vanilla Nord Plate or a modded set but you supply the 0 and 1 nifs and I could do the modifications.

Vanilla, male, Nord plate. As pictured. Like, I could send you some nifs, but all you need is the vanilla plate & male body. I don't care if it's SOS, SAM, or vanilla! :) 

ALSO, ALL THESE REPLIES FROM MONTHS & MONTHS AGO?!

Thank you all, I'd thought this went ignored, because LL decided not to send me notifications for it! (I am following it & am SUPPOSED to be getting emails...)

I still, of course, have not been able to build a nicer version for myself orz

36 minutes ago, TentakelnBitte said:

Nope. Blender hates me. I've given up trying to export anything from it to Skyrim.  

bet you didn't tried much

don't use bodyslide, but there's so many topics about it, i can do that in 5 min in bodyslide

open the nif

put a mask on pauldron (faster than putting a mask on the rest)

inverse mask

delete

before exporting, you select male skeleton, if you don't want the result to move strangely

and repeat for _0 nif

1 hour ago, yatol said:

bet you didn't tried much

don't use bodyslide, but there's so many topics about it, i can do that in 5 min in bodyslide

I don't use bodyslide and the pauldron is not separate anyway. You'd have to actually edit the mesh.

Thanks for the sarcasm, though. 

On 6/13/2019 at 1:46 AM, yatol said:

you expect to get something done, without using anything?

good luck waiting for nothing to happen

There are many MANY other tools than bodyslide. Thanks anyway.

On 6/12/2019 at 9:59 PM, SpyVsPie said:

He meant Outfit Studio not Bodyslide but what he said is exactly correct, 5 minutes max in OS. Mask the shoulders and pants, delete vertices on the chest bit, done. 

My dude, that is the same thing. I don't use bodyslide/Outfit studio. Again, thanks anyway.

I don't understand why a simple request is attracting trolls, lmao.

Like just ignore it and/or move along. 

FFS it's not like I'm begging specific people to do the work for me, its just a general "hey, if this would be easy for anyone, I'd appreciate it.

Is one extra thread hogging too much bandwidth??? ?

Also, yatol assuming I didn't attempt anything myself, before asking??? Try reading the first post, holy shit. e__e

On 9/8/2018 at 3:51 AM, TentakelnBitte said:

I do not know whether download available, I have only trying to find something.
but I guess it corresponds to not match your taste. :classic_wink:

https://www.furbs.blog/2017/11/26/replacer-thyme-nord-plate/

Spoiler

nordplate.jpg?zoom=1.5&resize=388,614&ss

https://vectorplexus.com/files/file/96-sam-upd-130818-all-heavy-armors-replacer/

Spoiler

5.png.f1dc3e4fd4684b985316213a553de1fe.p

On 9/8/2018 at 4:50 AM, FauxFurry said:

One of the loincloths is from the Nord Plate Armor but they did trim a mite too much off of the legs for it to be a perfect match to what you requested. It isn't likely that particular modder would be willing to undo that process, either.

Maybe one of the modular armors around has the thigh pieces included, not that I can recall any off of the top of my head that resemble the Nord Plate set. RefurbMadness' Steel sets don't have thigh guards at all.

this is the original north plate with loin shorts.

Spoiler

32072-3-1362773267.jpg

On 6/17/2019 at 2:35 AM, winny257 said:

I do not know whether download available, I have only trying to find something.
but I guess it corresponds to not match your taste. :classic_wink:

https://www.furbs.blog/2017/11/26/replacer-thyme-nord-plate/

Reveal hidden contents

nordplate.jpg?zoom=1.5&resize=388,614&ss

https://vectorplexus.com/files/file/96-sam-upd-130818-all-heavy-armors-replacer/

Hide contents

5.png.f1dc3e4fd4684b985316213a553de1fe.p

Thanks, winny, this SAM is what I've been working with lately. It is probably as close as we can get. The shoulder piece is very nice!

I just wish it had pants still. :( 

On 9/7/2018 at 7:50 PM, FauxFurry said:

Unfortunately, most of the modular sets are female only. Right now I'm on the hunt for some greaves (leg guards? idk the name), or at least similar steel pieces, but no luck so far, obviously. Might try a bodysuit texture and try to fake the pants but... it's gonna look pretty dumb lol

10 minutes ago, TentakelnBitte said:

Thanks, winny, this SAM is what I've been working with lately. It is probably as close as we can get.

I just wish it had pants still. :( 

there is a mod but unfortunately only for women, there are the steel plates "pants" attached to the boots.
maybe that helps you. :classic_wink:

LustDesign - Sovngarde Steel Armor v2 - CBBE_UNP_CHSBHC_ADEC

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/16096

Spoiler

16096-3-1336449846.jpg

Everyone... I've DONE IT!! ❤️?❤️

I'll fix the transparency problem tomorrow, then check permissions to see if I can share this here~

Super specific fetish armor made possible thanks to:

SAM Nordplate Refit - https://vectorplexus.com/files/file/96-sam-upd-130818-all-heavy-armors-replacer/ <-Pauldron WITH neckguard

Greaves Return - https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/23173/ <- the almighty PANTS!!

Dragonbone Barbarian Armor - Male Edition - https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/66778/ <- legless male torso

HALLE-FEKKIN-LUJAH 

I'm going to get some sleep now, goodnight everyone! ?

Spoiler

ScreenShot1153.png

ScreenShot1154.png

Worked on this just a teensy bit to fix the transparency, but discovered a few other bugs.

There's a gap where the waist doesn't meet up (could be fixed with the belt resources on Nexus) and the pauldron glows in the dark (probably a specular/emitter setting).

I don't care enough to fix those, but it's juuust janky enough that I don't think it's really releasable, so didn't look into permissions at all.

Unless someone is as desperate as I was that those problems don't bug you, it's easy enough to build yourself from the links above. 

Spoiler

ScreenShot1173.png

Archived