cyberpunk 2077

IN4KICKS

3 hours ago, endgameaddiction said:

Yeah, you're probably right. And the FPP fanboys are rejoicing there is no TPP option. They are just as vile as the Beth fanboys.

I turned my back on CDPR just like Beth. I think they should have come out and stated that the game wouldn't have TPP as an option, but I pretty sure they didn't do so because of PR marketing reasons. But if I had known a long time ago before E3, I wouldn't have been disappointed from the hype building up from all those years. I am pretty sure most people would have accepted by then and there wouldn't have been all this heavy criticism.

But I have learned my lesson that regardless if a developer chooses to reveal their WIP of their upcoming project or the new trend of staying silent, take what you hear, see from everyone including the developers themselves with a grain of salt. Even if it's a company that's consumer friendly.

Yeah i dont understand what the fpp crowd is afraid of, people were just asking for a tpp option.

The game was supposed to have both perspectives but they lost tons of time redoing things and probably had to make a choice to save time and money, but i agree they should have come out with it much sooner.

One of the reviews at glassdoor states:

"Everything from the managment to the staff not know what a Table top RPG is supposed to be.They seem to be too focused on simplifing the experience rather than elucidating the groundworks of a RPG system and redefining by adding more depth and complexities it.

Perhaps if they start focusing on creating a RPG rather than a glorified action adventure game with a worthless perk based progression system and create a new RPG from the ground up, maybe then they'll start earning there namesake as the 'industry leader on creating RPG's' ideology".

Would explain the deus-ex/GTA vibes some people get from it.

8 hours ago, Aria said:

Yeah the whole character costumization is pointless for SP,  ...

No, it is not (except in the sense of games and everything in them being pointless - but you can take that point of view somewhere else).

Character customization (or, costumization) is (or: can be) a powerful part of a single player game.

4 hours ago, Aria said:

One of the reviews at glassdoor states:

"Everything from the managment to the staff not know what a Table top RPG is supposed to be.They seem to be too focused on simplifing the experience rather than elucidating the groundworks of a RPG system and redefining by adding more depth and complexities it.

If they were talking about this game, they were totally making that up.

But, hey, it's much easier to complain and whine than anything else.

On 8/28/2018 at 7:39 PM, Darkening Demise said:

Overrated, looks unoriginal. Taking elements from every other game other. Dialogue just means who dies, Bioware did that one to death way back in 2011. Graphics look like crap. Then again given this developer's track record it will be HIGHLY downgraded like The Witcher. lol Oh and expect season passes and lies regarding modding tools. Funny how devs can get away with being Ubisoft/EA as long as Ubisoft/EA isn't their name.

How can you discredit one of the last great game studios.  This dev has gone out of their way to make their fan base happy.   This game is inspired from Bladerunner, but no one has done anything good in this world since shadowrun on the snes.   So I'm willing to bet this game will be really good, and if not I give them kudos for trying and perfecting stories and formulas that others have failed at, Bioware is a husk of it's former self, and should not be compared to anymore.

2 hours ago, sen4mi said:

No, it is not (except in the sense of games and everything in them being pointless - but you can take that point of view somewhere else).

Character customization (or, costumization) is (or: can be) a powerful part of a single player game.

Might wanna go re-read a bit what i written as you seem to be confusing something here.

If they were talking about this game, they were totally making that up.

Yeah might have been a disgruntled employee, gotta spice things up a bit, worked pretty good over at cyberpunk forums.

But, hey, it's much easier to complain and whine than anything else.

Take it easy, im a fan of them too, no need to call the PR department.

On 9/3/2018 at 1:36 PM, Mr. Trigun said:

Cutscenes I guess. Though I also hope there'll be more opportunities to look at V...

There are several places in that trailer where you can see her arms and/or legs.

And, yes, you are right: those are not her face. But in third person games you rarely see your character's face, either.

I imagine this game could have mirrors, camera systems, maybe even wanted posters, body doubles or whatever.... (plus cut scenes and maybe an inventory view or some such).

However, I am sorry to disappoint people, but:

Spoiler

this is going to be a game. If you were expecting something else, you will be sorely disappointed.

CDPR promised a comprehensive RedKit 2 around preorder time and then renegged when Witcher 3 released, so I still don't trust them to actually provide modding tools the way Bethesda have... Witcher 3 was the last game I ever pre-ordered and still one of my biggest regrets so I'm still skeptical about 2077 living up to the hype.

On 9/1/2018 at 6:12 PM, The First Lady of Hats said:

D:<

Spoiler

519CB14AADFE6B4025D5A7E9C3397A16993C638A

Haha yeah the video was really ruined by the person playing with a gamepad.

Takes him/her several seconds to aim at something that could be done within 0.15 seconds with a mouse. It's almost like they tried to make the aiming as slow and smooth as possible.

20 hours ago, KoolHndLuke said:

Seems like there would be a way to make it switch between 1st and 3rd person for them without changing much. I sure as hell hope they do- I love to look at my character doing stuff. Still, I am super fuckin hyped for this game!:thumbsup:

3rd person would require a lot of qa and testing time on player animations - making sure they synchronized properly from all the moves and reactions the player can do, including with all the mod possibilities which would have any effect on timing, speed, and so on. This, in turn, would push back the release date... though I do not know by how much (partly that would depend on the issues that get found, and on how much research would be needed to fix them without breaking other, related things).

NPCs can have their AI tweaked to deal with such things, but it's .... difficult? to modify all the players to avoid animation problems.

(And the general problem is that every time someone adds a nifty new thing, everything which was built in ignorance of that thing now has to somehow be coordinated with it. Or, not, but then you get the sort of quirks that get your players submitting bug reports on, and your programmers either saying that that can't happen and/or calling it garbage or maybe tearing their hair out trying to figure out where the unrelated parts are and how to make them work together in a way that's right for the game.)

• 7 months later...

Would be nice if they released modding tools and pull up a leg on Bethesda and their shoddy practices, I'm sick and tired of Skyrim and Fallout 4 is one of my most hated fallout games.

I believe that if CDPR released modding tools on launch, the longevity of CP2077 would skyrocket more that any 3D RPG ever made, heck, maybe even a script extender. That would give even more trust to CDPR and make Beth run for its money (competitivity  is what innovates the market). Finally us, players would get some respect from greedy devs and publishers.

Oh well... a man can dream

On 4/12/2019 at 10:19 PM, kadsend said:

Would be nice if they released modding tools and pull up a leg on Bethesda and their shoddy practices, I'm sick and tired of Skyrim and Fallout 4 is one of my most hated fallout games.

I believe that if CDPR released modding tools on launch, the longevity of CP2077 would skyrocket more that any 3D RPG ever made, heck, maybe even a script extender. That would give even more trust to CDPR and make Beth run for its money (competitivity  is what innovates the market). Finally us, players would get some respect from greedy devs and publishers.

Oh well... a man can dream

A big problem with games - especially games which render 3d with perspective from the character's viewpoint and good quality imagery - is getting good performance from the things without crashing.

And supporting modding on top of that makes it much much more difficult.

For example, a game like Rage had good quality graphics from character perspective, but the dev tools (which are what modding tools really are) took a very long time to "bake" the game assets so they could be played. 

Meanwhile, a common management tactic for dealing with game crashes is to just cut out the game scene which makes the game crash. And that, also, doesn't work so well for moddable games.

Anyways, all of these problems are solvable, but there's good reasons why it takes years to develop some critical mods for bethesda games.

And then, add on top of that, when you get a large crew of developers, you get strange problems like some of the same things being developed by multiple devs (so you wind up having to toss some of that work - and that gets into personality and motivation issues for the devs whose work gets tossed) but also, some things not getting touched, because they're just a bit harder or because people were focused differently, or because some of that work that got done earlier didn't take those things into account (and you tossed the work that did, because back then it didn't seem to be the right choice).

Anyways... it's not just the game studios where greed exists (but you need a certain amount of greed or your people don't get any lunch to eat).

And this is why sometimes people go off and say stuff like "you should try building that yourself", because they do not have any better ideas of how to convey the problems and issues.

Still, for Skyrim, looking at the creation kit, it seems like their people had sort of lost track of how to build up game dev abstractions that reflect gaming concepts. Instead, the creation kit looked like several layers of "well, that kind of worked, let's bring in a new set of devs and see what they can do" (and the new devs never really understood the old ways of doing things so lots of stuff got redone instead of what you might think they would have been doing). That and, making a good game is really strenuous and difficult, for non-obvious reasons.

Anyways, dreams are good, but... the Bethesda issues are not what you would think.

• 4 months later...

Archived