Art: Landscape mod combos centered around a certain aesthetic?

ZeroListGram

This thread is mostly for the mod connoisseurs and artisans, who delved into the depths of Skyim modding and possess a terrible knowledge of all the hidden gems and niche mods (that I did not find so far). :)

Pictures:

Spoiler

YKr57TK.jpg2ExdHOp.jpg1XFBkTA.jpguT1OZdK.jpgTz25f3d.jpg0YNViNx.jpg

40yhqiC.jpgH3dt3tf.jpg

JfKUWdb.jpgiOq1jyD.jpg

6ZZJaI0.jpg

KUOvUIO.jpg

ZBREfA0.jpg

590d4e26607125.56357c6baa9e5.jpg

9b9ed526607125.56357c6bba932.jpg

b94c2f26607125.56357c6be2522.jpg

1498a426607125.56357c6bf20e3.jpg

Thank the Gods for Pinterest and such talented people, otherwise the kind of fantasy I have in mind would only remain in my mind. Many pictures are also from this page directly which I stumbled upon by accident (on Pinterest), and judging by the pictures, it seems amazing. Obviously I own none of these pictures, all credits go to the respective owners and artists, and so forth, and so forth, and all the rest of that.

Onto the post itself.

I've always found Skyrim to be a bit too peaceful and a friendly place, considering that there is a civil (supposedly religious) war going on, the world is ending, there are hundreds, if not thousands of bandits roaming the countryside (supposedly doing what bandits should do: robbing, raping, kidnapping, killing), as well as thieves (not to mention the countless encounter mods and likely Frostfall we all have installed). Yet people and the environment are hardly any different than some viking SIMS game.

The focus of this post is the landscape. The goal is to reflect the story of Skyrim in an adequate manner (the horrors of war, scarcity, Alduin). You could say "realistically", and perhaps that word would hold up well if any of us would have lived through a time / place of war, but rather, let's say, an "(actually) dark fantasy", with more emphasis on "dark", rather than "fantasy".

The above pictures are there to give an idea about the direction I want to move Skyrim toward. To me, they seem like a mixture between the themes of the Witcher, Dark Souls, Gothic 1/2, and certain Lovecraftian elements.

I'm looking for landscape mods that are compatible with each other and add certain clutter, specifically:

1. More corpses, graveyards, graves (mass graves? They aren't uncommon when you have to bury a lot of people quickly, such as during a war), skeletons, hanged people, heads on spikes, tombstones, etc. to the world (and not necessarily around cities and villages)

2. More, darker, more varied forests to the world, without them being too colourful (and thus relieving the pressuring atmosphere)

3. Ruins, abandoned and/or destroyed structures

4. Varied flora (grasses, flowers, etc.), without overpowering bright colours which would take away from the atmosphere

5. Prostitutes and/or dancers in relevant places, such as the Jarl's longhouses, or designated brothels / taverns. I know what I get myself into when I mention this here :D , but what I'm mainly looking for is some generic, non-interactable NPCs who dance around the Jarls (in skimpy clothing, obviously), and/or prostitutes that are mainly "decoration", or only offer their services to the player (to avoid intense scripts). Most mods that have anything to do with prostitution are about the player being a prostitute. There is a surprising lack of mods that actually add functional prostitutes alone.

By "combo" in the title I mean that they should be compatible with each other, and perhaps with city mods (at least the popular ones, although the popular ones, as far as I can tell, are not made with this atmosphere in mind).

A great problem I have with the mods mentioned in 1., is that they usually add too few bodies (Skyrim Darkness Immersive Corpse), or add spawning and despawning, loot-able bodies (The Honoured Dead), or generally just buggy (Mihail's Animal Bones and Skyrim Graveyards).

With the mods I know that belong to the 2. category: when I tried most of them, I encountered two significant problems:

- Trees floating in the air

- With custom, non-vanilla trees, the tree trunks sometimes are extremely bright and stick out

With the third, admittedly, I haven't tried much. I imagine, the main problem would be compatibility, since such mods usually scatter their clutter around the world, so it's hard to keep track of what's where and what's incompatible.

Additionally, I'd appreciate ENB recommendations from people who have a similar game set up. I know of Bleak ENB, and I have not yet tried it (I couldn't run an ENB in the past), but judging from the pictures it seems pretty over-the-top and sucks out all colour from the game, which is not something I'm looking for. Generally speaking, I'd like my game to handle light and weather in a very specific way; bright light and colours give the impression of safety and hope (as it can be perfectly seen in games like Dark Souls), so they should be used very sparingly, mostly inside of cities. I'm looking for a cold and dark atmosphere generally, with very strategic brightness and warmth (both in light and colours).

Thank you for taking your time and reading my post.

Dark Forests of Skyrim  (replacer) - grim forests and mushrooms for swampy areas

Trees Addon - hand placed lush big trees ported from bruma (not a replacer)

Immersive Fallen Trees - random fallen trees around skyrim

Viscous Foliage (tweaks) - imo it's a fitting grass mod for dark forests

Deathbell by Mari - use black version

More Realistic Sized Fireflies - smaller and more torchbugs

Ruins Legendary - random ruined buildings and other stuctures like bridges and towers

Skyrim Unhinged - encounters and events like suicide

Dynamic Immersive Dark Dungeons - you can set in mcm menu how much light sources you want in dungeons 

Skeletons of Daggerfall 

SoL ENB - not a dark fantasy preset but have lot of customization so you can pretty much make it look how you want it

@etalik

Thank you. :) I particularly appreciate the more fireflies mod, it is something that I didn't even think about, but I immediately saw how they could add a lot to the atmosphere and aesthetics I'm going after. Bugs and birds totally slipped my mind, I will look into those kind of mods more. 

Essentially, any mod that makes the landscape feel more wild, varied, less "domesticated" fits here. Birds of Skyrim and other bird mods add a lot, too. The skies of Skyrim are totally empty, aside from the occasional dragon. Mintys Lightning mod adds new lightning effects, and there are a few other mods that add other weather effects. 

I was eyeing Vicious Foliage, and this is exactly the type of stuff I'm looking for (it seems you got the atmosphere I'm going after :p). I wonder why you picked that, instead of Voluptuous Grasses -- supposedly (I don't know from experience, I don't have a PC right now, writing this frlm phone, yes, it's painful) it has more types of grass, but also a higher FPS hit. 

I lurked around the other mods and the writings of the author for a while, and I got the impression that his/her mods are mainly for screenarchery, since they are so heavy on performance and not very compatible either. I hope I am wrong, since those grass mods are, in my opinion, the best.

Also, I wonder if the tweaks for Vicious Foliage only remove grass from the roads, because if that's the case, I would rather not use it. I plan on using "More Dirt on Roads" (and all of its addons), which effectively make roads blend into the landscape (I.e., it "removes" roads, they reminded me of highways anyway). If Vicious Foliage then adds its grasses on top, it's pure perfection.

Regarding Dark Forests of Skyrim, it seems it adds a lot of dead trees. I see how those are related to the style here, but they make the landscape feel even more barren, which is the opposite of what I'm looking for (which would be a wild, untamed, forest-y lush landscape). It doesn't seem to add a forest (at least judging by the pictures), which is something I would want (as long as it's compatible with Ruins Legendary and a few settlements mods, and doesn't have floating trees like The Great Forest of Whiterun Hold (which really is great, aside from that and a few other issues)).

The tree variety in Trees Addon is amazing and much welcomed, but the trunks of the new trees seem to stand out in color. Is this an issue in game too, or it's only on the pictures? 

I already saw Skyrim Unhinged, it looks promising. I made some suggestions there about the inclusion of certain immersive , but also gory clutters. The Witcher 3 seems to have plenty of assets for those kind of things, and they are free to use for non-paid mods. If I knew how to place certain clutter and other things in the world (or just generally how to use the CK), I would do it myself.

Edit:

One more thing about the ENB. Even though I'm not much of a stylist myself, I think I managed to pinpoint the main features that establish the atmosphere. The things that are absolutely required, I think, are a certain "coldness" of the colors (mostly blues, some greens), as well as an emphasis on the lack of brightness (I.e., during a "sunny" day, there still shouldn't be shiny and glowing surfaces, and the light itself should be a little dim), while the fires should still keep all their warmth and light (essentially establishing a hard contrast between dim, cold, dark (world) and light, warm, bright (fire)). 

I know it's hard to tell, but I have a thing for fire and darkness. ?

6 hours ago, Southwarth said:

@etalik

Thank you. :) I particularly appreciate the more fireflies mod, it is something that I didn't even think about, but I immediately saw how they could add a lot to the atmosphere and aesthetics I'm going after. Bugs and birds totally slipped my mind, I will look into those kind of mods more. 

Essentially, any mod that makes the landscape feel more wild, varied, less "domesticated" fits here. Birds of Skyrim and other bird mods add a lot, too. The skies of Skyrim are totally empty, aside from the occasional dragon. Mintys Lightning mod adds new lightning effects, and there are a few other mods that add other weather effects. 

I was eyeing Vicious Foliage, and this is exactly the type of stuff I'm looking for (it seems you got the atmosphere I'm going after :p). I wonder why you picked that, instead of Voluptuous Grasses -- supposedly (I don't know from experience, I don't have a PC right now, writing this frlm phone, yes, it's painful) it has more types of grass, but also a higher FPS hit. 

I lurked around the other mods and the writings of the author for a while, and I got the impression that his/her mods are mainly for screenarchery, since they are so heavy on performance and not very compatible either. I hope I am wrong, since those grass mods are, in my opinion, the best.

Also, I wonder if the tweaks for Vicious Foliage only remove grass from the roads, because if that's the case, I would rather not use it. I plan on using "More Dirt on Roads" (and all of its addons), which effectively make roads blend into the landscape (I.e., it "removes" roads, they reminded me of highways anyway). If Vicious Foliage then adds its grasses on top, it's pure perfection.

Regarding Dark Forests of Skyrim, it seems it adds a lot of dead trees. I see how those are related to the style here, but they make the landscape feel even more barren, which is the opposite of what I'm looking for (which would be a wild, untamed, forest-y lush landscape). It doesn't seem to add a forest (at least judging by the pictures), which is something I would want (as long as it's compatible with Ruins Legendary and a few settlements mods, and doesn't have floating trees like The Great Forest of Whiterun Hold (which really is great, aside from that and a few other issues)).

The tree variety in Trees Addon is amazing and much welcomed, but the trunks of the new trees seem to stand out in color. Is this an issue in game too, or it's only on the pictures? 

I already saw Skyrim Unhinged, it looks promising. I made some suggestions there about the inclusion of certain immersive , but also gory clutters. The Witcher 3 seems to have plenty of assets for those kind of things, and they are free to use for non-paid mods. If I knew how to place certain clutter and other things in the world (or just generally how to use the CK), I would do it myself.

Edit:

One more thing about the ENB. Even though I'm not much of a stylist myself, I think I managed to pinpoint the main features that establish the atmosphere. The things that are absolutely required, I think, are a certain "coldness" of the colors (mostly blues, some greens), as well as an emphasis on the lack of brightness (I.e., during a "sunny" day, there still shouldn't be shiny and glowing surfaces, and the light itself should be a little dim), while the fires should still keep all their warmth and light (essentially establishing a hard contrast between dim, cold, dark (world) and light, warm, bright (fire)). 

I know it's hard to tell, but I have a thing for fire and darkness. ?

I'm glad I could help, even if not by much. I was also trying to find mods that transform skyrim into a more sinister place. It's not easy to find these kind of mods. For some reason the dark fantasy vibe is not something that many modders are interested in making. 

The torchbug mod is a gem! I think it's not a well known mod because of the name. I don't even remember how did I found it... 

For dark forests I would say it's worth a try, I think with the tree addons you will get a somewhat varied landscape and you can also use it with the blue forest and dark forest - david's trees edition . So far I didn't seen any floating trees (however it can always happen with tree replacer mods, especially the ones that make trees bigger. I usually just click on them and dissable with command so they won't appaer later on in my game) and it works well with ruins legendary.

I picked Viscous Foliage over Voluptous because I didn't liked how it adds grass to the snowy areas and also the bigger fps hit. 

Gory clutters is something that I'm looking for years... Can't belive these kind of mods are still not existing after 7 years of skyrim modding... :D

There are so many ENBs out there.. and yet it's pretty hard to find one that works for everyones taste. I tried 10-15 in the past few months than decided to make my own. I think with the Filters that are provided by sol enb you can try to get that cold and dark atmoshpere you looking for. Just a bit of retro and clarity filter with some color temperature change... with some tweaking in the enb gui it's possible to create a totall different looking preset with all the filters and luts I packed in. If not, than you might want to try K ENB or maybe Caffeine ENB, it's also have some different shaders that can change the overall tonemapping for a bit colder look.

You do help a ton. :) It's just that I knew most of those mods you mentioned, aside from the fireflies mod, which sounds really phenomenal, honestly. If it looks / works how I imagine it, it's just as significant as a new weather effect.

I've been reconsidering using a bigger trees mod, actually. They do add a kind of "ancient forest" feeling to the game, especially if you use long grass, but I'm not sure if they also make visibility better in forests -- I think they do, since the actual tree barks start much further up, so on the level of the character, you can see a lot more things, which is not good for me. ?

I will give Dark Forests a try with the addon you mention. My main worry is the too bright tree trunks, same with the trees that were ported from Enderal. They stick out a lot -- vanilla tree trunks would be a lot darker around them, while they still look very bright, light brown. Admittedly, they do look very nice, and with a retexture they'd be almost perfect (aside from some of the low poly models -- also, in the video that's linked in the mods description, there's a horrible "popping in" effect with these trees, and that's not the kind of scary I prefer :D ).

I will try SoL ENB, I went through it's pictures again. I really like how it handles brightness and light during the day, and some of the dusk shots are also very atmospheric. I've never handled an ENB before, so I might have trouble editing it myself, although learning it seems inevitable with such niche tastes. What I would change is the darkness, in places where it supposed to be dark, it seems very bright. For example, in dungeons I prefer not even seeing my own weapon without a torch, and I mean this quite literally. Nights in forests shouldn't be much brighter either, in my opinion.

The shots about the sky are breath taking. I had some time to go through a lot of ENBs pictures on the Nexus since I don't currently have a PC, and I must say it has probably the best skies. I like how the author didn't went overboard with the warm colours for sunsets.

Did you publish your ENB? I think I'd like it, considering the mods you mentioned. I think our preferences are pretty close in dark fantasy.

By gory clutter I mostly mean things like heads on spikes around city gates, hanged people along the roads / outside / inside of cities, quickly made graves and mass graves made for the fallen soldiers in the civil war, murdered travellers on the road, raped and murdered women near burned down shacks, dead travellers along the road who were clearly killed by vampires (visible teeth marks on their necks), people freezed to death in the North, some others who just chose suicide after losing everything in the war, women who had no other choice but prostitution to feed their children, poor, drug abusing people in the cities (be it alcohol or a newly added drug) who are basically already "brain dead" as they couldn't handle the horrors otherwise. There could be pro-Talos religious fanatics in the Stormcloak cities who burn heretics, and there could be hanged people with huge signs in their necks saying "TRAITOR", or "WHORE" (in the case of women who slept with the soldiers of the opposing side). Sacked Khajiit caravans by bandits or even "racist" Nords, and moral dilemmas and "quests" explained through notes...

I have lots and lots of ideas. These are just the "clutter", the "placeable objects" in the world, but I have ideas for stories for every single one of these things. They could be written in notes, and hell, I would even be willing to record a few lines of some of these NPCs if needed (though my microphone would be sub-par, I guess). 

I mentioned these ideas to the author of Skyrim Unhinged, and he said he will consider it. Admittedly, I would appreciate these in a separate plugin, just for the sake of ease of use. What do you think? 

Edit: 

How performance heavy is Caffeine ENB? I'll have this to work with:

Intel Core i5-7400

GTX 1050Ti 4 GB VRAM

8 GB RAM

On 8/24/2018 at 3:16 AM, Southwarth said:

You do help a ton. :) It's just that I knew most of those mods you mentioned, aside from the fireflies mod, which sounds really phenomenal, honestly. If it looks / works how I imagine it, it's just as significant as a new weather effect.

I've been reconsidering using a bigger trees mod, actually. They do add a kind of "ancient forest" feeling to the game, especially if you use long grass, but I'm not sure if they also make visibility better in forests -- I think they do, since the actual tree barks start much further up, so on the level of the character, you can see a lot more things, which is not good for me. ?

I will give Dark Forests a try with the addon you mention. My main worry is the too bright tree trunks, same with the trees that were ported from Enderal. They stick out a lot -- vanilla tree trunks would be a lot darker around them, while they still look very bright, light brown. Admittedly, they do look very nice, and with a retexture they'd be almost perfect (aside from some of the low poly models -- also, in the video that's linked in the mods description, there's a horrible "popping in" effect with these trees, and that's not the kind of scary I prefer :D ).

I will try SoL ENB, I went through it's pictures again. I really like how it handles brightness and light during the day, and some of the dusk shots are also very atmospheric. I've never handled an ENB before, so I might have trouble editing it myself, although learning it seems inevitable with such niche tastes. What I would change is the darkness, in places where it supposed to be dark, it seems very bright. For example, in dungeons I prefer not even seeing my own weapon without a torch, and I mean this quite literally. Nights in forests shouldn't be much brighter either, in my opinion.

The shots about the sky are breath taking. I had some time to go through a lot of ENBs pictures on the Nexus since I don't currently have a PC, and I must say it has probably the best skies. I like how the author didn't went overboard with the warm colours for sunsets.

Did you publish your ENB? I think I'd like it, considering the mods you mentioned. I think our preferences are pretty close in dark fantasy.

By gory clutter I mostly mean things like heads on spikes around city gates, hanged people along the roads / outside / inside of cities, quickly made graves and mass graves made for the fallen soldiers in the civil war, murdered travellers on the road, raped and murdered women near burned down shacks, dead travellers along the road who were clearly killed by vampires (visible teeth marks on their necks), people freezed to death in the North, some others who just chose suicide after losing everything in the war, women who had no other choice but prostitution to feed their children, poor, drug abusing people in the cities (be it alcohol or a newly added drug) who are basically already "brain dead" as they couldn't handle the horrors otherwise. There could be pro-Talos religious fanatics in the Stormcloak cities who burn heretics, and there could be hanged people with huge signs in their necks saying "TRAITOR", or "WHORE" (in the case of women who slept with the soldiers of the opposing side). Sacked Khajiit caravans by bandits or even "racist" Nords, and moral dilemmas and "quests" explained through notes...

I have lots and lots of ideas. These are just the "clutter", the "placeable objects" in the world, but I have ideas for stories for every single one of these things. They could be written in notes, and hell, I would even be willing to record a few lines of some of these NPCs if needed (though my microphone would be sub-par, I guess). 

I mentioned these ideas to the author of Skyrim Unhinged, and he said he will consider it. Admittedly, I would appreciate these in a separate plugin, just for the sake of ease of use. What do you think? 

Edit: 

How performance heavy is Caffeine ENB? I'll have this to work with:

Intel Core i5-7400

GTX 1050Ti 4 GB VRAM

8 GB RAM

Well, the popping you mention is maybe because of badly generated Lod however Tree Addon suffers from "tree shrinking" as you get closer to them they get a bit smaller. The author posted his ini files but for me at least they didnt helped. Hopefully in the future this will get fixed, however I do have to mention that my PC is a bit weaker and I didn't spent lot of time on making my lod look nice, just did the basics so it can be because of that.

SoL is my enb and it is a bit more performance friendly than Caffeine since I built it with sweetFX which handle the SMAA a bit better, at least I gain 3-5 fps while using sweetFX's smaa. It is still beta, I didn't had time to test CoT weather yet but it should work since the only difference to nla is that I had to change the weather codes. I tried to make the interiors and nights look dark and immersive, so there is a very little ambient light in dungeons so you will need the torch here and there. It is kinda hard to balance the interior darkness in ENBs since if you lower the brightness and ambient light than not only dungeons will be dark but inns and other interiors as well. So I suggest to use mods that make dungeons darker like the one I posted earlier. I think with your specs you should be able to run any ENB unless you use lots of 2k+ textures. Textures can have lot of performance hit, but with Ordenador you can get back some fps and there are some other interior performance mods that can help.

I've added a bit more info to the description page on how to customize the enb, but it is really easy, once you see it you will know what to do :)

I use Honored Dead and it is an "ok" mod to have some random dead bodies around skyrim in a somewhat immersive way. Sexy Bandit Captives also a nice idea, to go in some random bandit cave and you can hear captives are being raped. Theres also a mod here on Loverslab: Namira's Skyrim which adds hand placed gory clutters, like bodies on spikes and replacing the bones in dungeons to arms and legs, but it also adds some other things like woman breasts as food. Overall the idea is not bad but the mod is outdated and does not look as good as it could be, the textures look odd on the added dead bodies and I don't like the arms and breasts clutter in dungeons.

Your ideas are great and it's a shame skyrim didn't look and have these features by default... I know it's an old game but theres a bloody civil war going on with mythical creatures everywhere around skyrim and yet it's so calm and peacefull most of the times, just some random bear and wolf attacks when you travel... and nothing that would remind you every few steps that how bad is the situation in skyrim. I hope the author of Unhinged will tries to implement some of the things you mentioned and hopefully some other modders will add some other gory things to skyrim in the future, however the modding community is kinda dying after these many years and now it's like  80% of the mods are breast and follower mods on nexus...

@etalik

I got my PC (the one I mentioned above), and I already have problems I never faced before with my few years of heavy modding. After the pains of the initial set-up, Skyrim doesn't want to work.

I have nothing installed but USLEEP, SkyUI, Relighting Skyrim + ELE, NLA, and Rudy ENB (just to test it out, I really didn't like Bleak ENB) for NLA. Not even a single retexture. I have 54-58 FPS outside on the Whiterun plains with Rudy ENB, and 45-55 in Whiterun.

If I add Voluptuous Grass, it instantly goes down to 12-14 FPS. The exact same with Viscous Foliage, with iMinGrassSize=70. It's insane. You said you have an older PC than me, how can you run that mod with it, and even with -- I assume -- additional texture mods? In the launcher I got all drawing distances and basically everything else maxed out, if that changes anything (FXAA and AA and the rest of those things are turned off, as per ENB instructions).

This wouldn't bother me as much. The real issue is color flickering or vibrating. I can't really describe it well (I google searched this in relation to Skyrim). Mostly it happens when I move the camera -- colors/textures/whatever gets a little darker as long as I move, then when I stop it goes back to normal again. Worse yet, after a while it started to happen even while standing still, a kind of "vibrating" of the textures.

This latter one really makes the game unplayable. My eyes started hurting just from staring at this for 5 minutes. By the way, this happened even with the vanilla game, without even USLEEP installed -- interestingly, it never happened with my old PC. This is on Win10, if that matters.

Here's a video of the issue:

My monitor is Smarth Tech LE-2219D.

6 hours ago, Southwarth said:

@etalik

I got my PC (the one I mentioned above), and I already have problems I never faced before with my few years of heavy modding. After the pains of the initial set-up, Skyrim doesn't want to work.

I have nothing installed but USLEEP, SkyUI, Relighting Skyrim + ELE, NLA, and Rudy ENB (just to test it out, I really didn't like Bleak ENB) for NLA. Not even a single retexture. I have 54-58 FPS outside on the Whiterun plains with Rudy ENB, and 45-55 in Whiterun.

If I add Voluptuous Grass, it instantly goes down to 12-14 FPS. The exact same with Viscous Foliage, with iMinGrassSize=70. It's insane. You said you have an older PC than me, how can you run that mod with it, and even with -- I assume -- additional texture mods? In the launcher I got all drawing distances and basically everything else maxed out, if that changes anything (FXAA and AA and the rest of those things are turned off, as per ENB instructions).

This wouldn't bother me as much. The real issue is color flickering or vibrating. I can't really describe it well (I google searched this in relation to Skyrim). Mostly it happens when I move the camera -- colors/textures/whatever gets a little darker as long as I move, then when I stop it goes back to normal again. Worse yet, after a while it started to happen even while standing still, a kind of "vibrating" of the textures.

This latter one really makes the game unplayable. My eyes started hurting just from staring at this for 5 minutes. By the way, this happened even with the vanilla game, without even USLEEP installed -- interestingly, it never happened with my old PC. This is on Win10, if that matters.

Here's a video of the issue:

My monitor is Smarth Tech LE-2219D.

hmm.. I think it's not necessary to have relighting skyrim with nla, it's better to go with nla+elfx (core files , no exterior or interior)

I have tweaked my inis so with around 220 mods and some texture replacers i have around 25-40fps. Depends where and what I do.

Using some performance mods that removes some unnecessary things like little rocks, flying tree leaves etc...

I also use Ordenador to lower the texture size with no actuall visible difference and it helps with performance.

Donwload BethINI and use it to tweak around your game, it changes the values in the inis in a better way than the game settings.

Try to lower your Distant Object Details and some other things as well. (my settings are medium/high mostly)

That effect in the video, I guess it's only visible with ENB on. So its propably the SSAO ? Try to change the values to see if that makes any difference. 

Archived