Disabling HDT on specific mesh

Grom424

Hello there,

So, I've been trying to disable HDT on the character's schlong for use with a specific armor (the idea is an "exposed armor"). HDT movement results in massive clipping. I use FloppySoS. I saw a thread which said something along the lines of removing weights on the problematic mesh via Outfit Studio. I tried it but nothing happened.

Perhaps there's an easy way to disable HDT on a mesh, like renaming something, or some NifSkope edit?

Thanks!

On 8/16/2018 at 9:41 PM, 27X said:

open the nif, delete the hdt attribution block.

Sorry for taking this long to answer.

I believe you are talking about the NiStringExtraData, as shown here? https://www.loverslab.com/topic/25485-setup-attaching-hdt-to-an-existing-mesh/

There's no such block. The NiNode's "Num Extra Data List" is also set to 0. The HDT still somehow works ?

On 8/20/2018 at 5:34 AM, 27X said:

Yep. That's what you want to delete.  Highlight it, Right click, look over the options thereof, make sure nifskope is up to date and has admin rights.

Thanks for lending a hand ?. Didn't work out, though. Tried using Nifskope 2.0 with admin rights and still the NiStringExtraData block is nowhere to be found:

nifskope.png.f80af603337fa3e95619867f453948e9.png

• 2 weeks later...

Are you talking about a floppysos xml? They don't contain NiStringExtraData tags; Floppysos assigns hdt dynamically, using scripting.

If you just want to disable hdt, you can use the key bindings (shift+del for self or shift+insert for target), or set the default to 'disabled' in the floppysos menu.

Archived