mainly for races I probably shouldn't/ don't want to post on nexus

sheepish race

sheepishRace.zip 

fix attempt 2.zip

fix includes horn textures i forgot

sheep1.jpg.71b2f30b34bc83151c8c2e261df7a359.jpgsheep2.thumb.jpg.5c51ee77259011b53ec9b93268ad1531.jpgsheep3.jpg.bee890d4ef70373a0f2168df09916f99.jpg

sorry, i probably could have made a better face and pictures, but i'm not feeling it today.

credits:

horns from ArcheBlade - Valle's armor (second suit) and neck fur from Aquitaine armor + TERA horse ported/made by chakaru(11)

https://welcometohawkhaven.jimdo.com/armors/

male chest fur found by Darigaz(89) and placed in  Winter is Coming https://requiemchronicles.jimdo.com/armory/

both can be found here https://www.deviantart.com/drunken-crafters-inn

head is based on head06, but im not sure the creator, as the file disappeared

53 minutes ago, puddles said:

Cute. Are you going to upload the cyclops?

yeah probably on the nexus, need to check how they look with different emotions first, but not sure how to go about with that...

edit, also tell me if you guys have any problems with this mos, here is a repackaging of the meshes with links to more common textures as I've seen problems caused by body-part nifs linking to non-existent textures, even if the esp points to existing ones fix attempt one.zip

If the Material for a mesh is called "skin", it will automatically try to force-swap the texture out to fit the race. That's probably happening in Sheep/TailMale.nif and Tail.nif, and you want the Ears to have the skin material I think.

Also if you make the race in an .esp, then make an NPC and go into the Face Preview, you should be able to tap the number keys (I think it's them) to test different emotions.

40 minutes ago, puddles said:

If the Material for a mesh is called "skin", it will automatically try to force-swap the texture out to fit the race. That's probably happening in Sheep/TailMale.nif and Tail.nif, and you want the Ears to have the skin material I think.

Also if you make the race in an .esp, then make an NPC and go into the Face Preview, you should be able to tap the number keys (I think it's them) to test different emotions.

ew, the emotions look terrible, I don't think i can do anything about that, but its good to have a warning label so people don't report an error i can't fix...

I made a long, long-nosed "crocodilian" Argonian race for Black Marsh (I don't remember which caste it is in the canon without looking the name up), but its emotions are totally fucked up too. What I did was use...uh...some facegen editor to alter the .egt (or maybe it was the .egm...) so the worst emotions just didn't trigger.

10 hours ago, puddles said:

I made a long, long-nosed "crocodilian" Argonian race for Black Marsh (I don't remember which caste it is in the canon without looking the name up), but its emotions are totally fucked up too. What I did was use...uh...some facegen editor to alter the .egt (or maybe it was the .egm...) so the worst emotions just didn't trigger.

i'll try looking it up, oh was that long nosed crocodilian of yours released, id like to try a less cutesy cartoony version of my race https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/47928

....even though cutesy, cartoony is my preferred style

1 hour ago, puddles said:

Here's the caimen-style head if you want to look at it. The files are kind of messy. It can use any Argonian texture, but there's weird stretching on the snout I don't know how to fix...

Agaceph.7z

thanks, can't wait to mess around with it

you want the cyclops head early, just ask.

• 1 month later...
22 hours ago, puddles said:

Hey, @tolerance, do you happen to a...newty or salamander-y Argonian texture? We're working on the Paatru, which are a subspecies of toad or frog-like Argonians, for TAL's Black Marsh mod. I can't find an Argonian texture with smoother skin/less scales that doesn't make them totally humanoid. -.- 

Kind of, for my frog race may fit the bill, although it's very  basic, there's this https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/16366  though which i may end up incorporating into my frog race

22 hours ago, puddles said:

Yeah, the body of the Aquamer is pretty perfect. But the head texture doesn't work on the Argonian texture: I'm not sure how to blend it into an Argonian head without hugely visible neck seams.

honestly, i'm sorry for mentioning my frog race, the normal map is a single color and the skin is just a blurred color level of my simplistic argonian skin.

anyway i'm not sure when you downloaded aquamer last i know the one from the old monstergirl mod that i have laying around is different from new one

anyway, i half-ass-edly tried to make a version that fit the argonian head

headaquamerARGO.dds

headaquamerARGO_n.dds