AAF RSE and Family Planning Enhanced Anyone got them working?

4 hours ago, zerochance67 said:

I've got AAF and the AAF version of RSE to work, but the AAF version of Family Planning Enhanced isn't.  I get virility notices but no conception chance or pregnancy notifications.  I have all of them turned on. 

I currently (fingers crossed!) have everything working with no errors!

?

7 hours ago, zerochance67 said:

Saw your video on getting Four Play and AAF to play nice, is that how you are doing it or have you done away with 4P?

I'm not using anything 4Play.......I'm not even using LLFP.

(Unless it's built into AAF somehow).

?

On 8/3/2018 at 4:41 PM, Sulphur.4724 said:

Mine works too Zero.

Capture.JPG

Edit: The fourplay proxy is just there because some of my other profiles use it. It is not necessary. 

Okay I wonder if installing but un-ticking Four Play is the trick, Family Planning seems to need to see the Four Play.esp or it won't operate under MCM.

4 minutes ago, zerochance67 said:

Okay I wonder if installing but un-ticking Four Play is the trick, Family Planning seems to need to see the Four Play.esp or it won't operate under MCM.

I don't think so, but who knows. I'm suspicious that you have the wrong copy of aaf_fpe. There was a flurry for a couple of days. Fedim made the original conversion and AAF had a major update that required him to update it, and he did. But then made a mistake and released it again, I'm pretty sure it was to remove that check for four_play.esp so it's important to have the correct one.

This is the one I use and I'm pretty sure it's the right one. Try swapping it out for yours and see what changes. It SHOULD get rid of that fp esp confusion at least.

AAF 79_FamilyPlanningEnhanced.rar

8 hours ago, Sulphur.4724 said:

I don't think so, but who knows. I'm suspicious that you have the wrong copy of aaf_fpe. There was a flurry for a couple of days. Fedim made the original conversion and AAF had a major update that required him to update it, and he did. But then made a mistake and released it again, I'm pretty sure it was to remove that check for four_play.esp so it's important to have the correct one.

This is the one I use and I'm pretty sure it's the right one. Try swapping it out for yours and see what changes. It SHOULD get rid of that fp esp confusion at least.

That was the problem.  You are now my hero. 

On 7/29/2018 at 10:42 AM, zerochance67 said:

I've got AAF and the AAF version of RSE to work, but the AAF version of Family Planning Enhanced isn't.  I get virility notices but no conception chance or pregnancy notifications.  I have all of them turned on. 

Thanks for this thread; I actually wanted to know how to get these different platforms working together, too.

I just need something confirmed though: I only want AAF, Family Planning Enhanced, and Leito’s Animations to work. So once and for all, do I still need any of the Fourplay mods especially the requirements listed for FPE? 

Nope

Use the fpe that I posted above. Make sure to grab and install Polistro's patches for Leito's animations so they will work for AAF. Also install the compatibility patch. You do NOT have to choose the first option if you don't have any FP mods installed. That patch tho supplies the working "junk" for males, so install the rest of it.

That should be all you need.

18 minutes ago, Sulphur.4724 said:

Nope

Use the fpe that I posted above. Make sure to grab and install Polistro's patches for Leito's animations so they will work for AAF. Also install the compatibility patch. You do NOT have to choose the first option if you don't have any FP mods installed. That patch tho supplies the working "junk" for males, so install the rest of it.

That should be all you need.

Thanks for the quick reply! :)

I’ll have to try out your instructions when I get back home. I’m glad I don’t have to install FP (it’s a good mod, it’s just that I think it’s more than what I want/need for this playthrough). Again, thanks!

On 8/7/2018 at 9:37 AM, Sulphur.4724 said:

Thanks for posting this. I'm moving over as much of my FP stuff as I can, and I didn't want to lose FPE in the transition,

Okay, I've swapped over to AAF and amazingly I have everything for the animations working fine, which is cause in itself for celebration on my part.  However, FPE is giving notifications for virility / fertility, but despite having the chances set to 100% I've never gotten a conception notice.  I'm running the AAF version of SEU, and I've reloaded the FPE version linked above five times, but it still isn't working.  What am I missing here?  Is it a load order thing?  

On 8/12/2018 at 9:18 PM, amenshawn said:

Okay, I've swapped over to AAF and amazingly I have everything for the animations working fine, which is cause in itself for celebration on my part.  However, FPE is giving notifications for virility / fertility, but despite having the chances set to 100% I've never gotten a conception notice.  I'm running the AAF version of SEU, and I've reloaded the FPE version linked above five times, but it still isn't working.  What am I missing here?  Is it a load order thing?  

I'm jealous. I can't get the AAF SEU version to show up in MCM. I can make these things dance and sing and I can't get this (&^%$!! to work! LoL

On ‎8‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 12:41 PM, Sulphur.4724 said:

I'm jealous. I can't get the AAF SEU version to show up in MCM. I can make these things dance and sing and I can't get this (&^%$!! to work! LoL

I spoke a bit too soon about getting everything working.  I can get the various animations to work fine, and RSE and SEU are working well enough together, but I still can't get FPE to do anything other than give me fertility notifications.  I've swapped load order positions, reloaded everything, and gone back to previous saves so often I've forgotten where I am in the overall story line.  Nothing seems to get my character or any of the NPCs pregnant despite regular to nearly constant sex with conception set at 100% for my character and all the modifiers set to max for everyone else.  I had things working pretty well via FourPlay, and FPE worked flawlessly.  Now that I've swapped over to AAF based mods, I just can't get it to work.  I'm honestly considering switching back.

12 hours ago, amenshawn said:

I spoke a bit too soon about getting everything working.  I can get the various animations to work fine, and RSE and SEU are working well enough together, but I still can't get FPE to do anything other than give me fertility notifications.  I've swapped load order positions, reloaded everything, and gone back to previous saves so often I've forgotten where I am in the overall story line.  Nothing seems to get my character or any of the NPCs pregnant despite regular to nearly constant sex with conception set at 100% for my character and all the modifiers set to max for everyone else.  I had things working pretty well via FourPlay, and FPE worked flawlessly.  Now that I've swapped over to AAF based mods, I just can't get it to work.  I'm honestly considering switching back.

Maybe you should try a new game, just for test. Actually it is quick test - just out of the vault you can go to Abernathy farm and 'talk' to the Blake until getting message about feeling pregnant. Then go sleep  some. If you once again get message about being fertile, something is not working. But it MUST be working with the proper version of AAF (post alfa 79) and the last version of AAF FPE (the only version which works with post-alfa79 version of AAF. I reinstalled multiple times and it always works for me on a new game.  

I'm in a similar boat, the weirdest thing is that I can get it to work only sometimes for instance.  I just started a new, clean save I teleport my ass to Diamond City and  use SEU to have sex with Myrna, and nothing then I try with a bunch of different characters nothing (no notifications or acknowledgement that there was even sex from fpe) , then I use the AAF directly (i.e. with home button) on  I think two random NPCS and it works!! then I'm back to sexing them up and nothing, try other pairs of NPC's nothing. 

It's very curious. 

Okay, I got FPE to work, but I'm buried in weirdness with other aspects of the game.  In order to get proper interactions with quest based NPCs, I have to log out, disable AAF and AE, THEN log back in so I can interact with them without encountering hordes of glitches.  For example, with AAF and AE enabled via NMM, I can't finish 'Greet the dog'.  He just barks at me and wanders around without quest interactions triggering.  Same deal with the section of 'Getting a clue' where you come out of Kellogg's house and are supposed to follow Dogmeat on a merry chase across the Commonwealth to the Fort where Kellogg is hiding.  I can show him the cigar, and then he just starts walking back home.  So, to avoid any sort of interaction bugs I ran through those sections with AFF and AE disabled, then enabled them on very minimal settings.  So, now I'm hoping that I won't encounter the bug that locks my character in place after a sex animation, keeping her in the same spot regardless of running, sprinting, walking, jumping, or using fast travel.  While I'm enjoying the various animation packs that are specific to AAF, it has more issues than I care for.  Honestly I wish the animation packs worked with Four Play, because it was relatively stable and didn't interfere with much of anything else.

3 hours ago, amenshawn said:

Okay, I got FPE to work, but I'm buried in weirdness with other aspects of the game.  In order to get proper interactions with quest based NPCs, I have to log out, disable AAF and AE, THEN log back in so I can interact with them without encountering hordes of glitches.  For example, with AAF and AE enabled via NMM, I can't finish 'Greet the dog'.  He just barks at me and wanders around without quest interactions triggering.  Same deal with the section of 'Getting a clue' where you come out of Kellogg's house and are supposed to follow Dogmeat on a merry chase across the Commonwealth to the Fort where Kellogg is hiding.  I can show him the cigar, and then he just starts walking back home.  So, to avoid any sort of interaction bugs I ran through those sections with AFF and AE disabled, then enabled them on very minimal settings.  So, now I'm hoping that I won't encounter the bug that locks my character in place after a sex animation, keeping her in the same spot regardless of running, sprinting, walking, jumping, or using fast travel.  While I'm enjoying the various animation packs that are specific to AAF, it has more issues than I care for.  Honestly I wish the animation packs worked with Four Play, because it was relatively stable and didn't interfere with much of anything else.

The fourplay creator left. No help for that.

AAF just got out of alpha stage. There are still issues and he is quite clear that there may be. Having said that a lot of us have it working fairly well, tho yeah, some glitches are still there and known about.

We can probably help, mine works real well, except for those glitches. The problem is that the best way to make the animations work smoothly was to use a doppelganger instead of the actual player. Unfortunately the game seems to get confused about which is which. Turns out the doppelganger inherits enough from the PC that the game starts to follow the doppelganger instead of the PC, or something like that. Only the doppelganger goes away at the end of an encounter. The fix is, 98% of the time, save, quit game, login, load save, profit.

It is a pain in the ass. A fix is in the pipeline but dagobaking appears to be sidelined. Real life shit of some sort has his attention I imagine. Like eating and sleeping indoors and stuff.

Anyway, let's see if we can get your stuff working. First, I'm drawing a blank on AE and I feel like I shouldn't be. Wassat? That bug you are describing sounds like what happens when using RSE and a CSA event is triggered. As far as I can tell it's specific to RSE. At least, that's the only time I've gotten it. I dunno why it happens, but folks in the RSE thread say that's gotten a lot better with the latest versions of RSE. The RSE and AAF threads are FULL of stuff about getting AAF to work. RSE a bit less than it was now, but still, there's a lot of guys and gals playing with it and discussing in those threads.

Tell us a bit more about your setup, loadout and such. What works, what's vexing you other than the obvious. 

7 hours ago, Sulphur.4724 said:

The fourplay creator left. No help for that.

AAF just got out of alpha stage. There are still issues and he is quite clear that there may be. Having said that a lot of us have it working fairly well, tho yeah, some glitches are still there and known about.

We can probably help, mine works real well, except for those glitches. The problem is that the best way to make the animations work smoothly was to use a doppelganger instead of the actual player. Unfortunately the game seems to get confused about which is which. Turns out the doppelganger inherits enough from the PC that the game starts to follow the doppelganger instead of the PC, or something like that. Only the doppelganger goes away at the end of an encounter. The fix is, 98% of the time, save, quit game, login, load save, profit.

It is a pain in the ass. A fix is in the pipeline but dagobaking appears to be sidelined. Real life shit of some sort has his attention I imagine. Like eating and sleeping indoors and stuff.

Anyway, let's see if we can get your stuff working. First, I'm drawing a blank on AE and I feel like I shouldn't be. Wassat? That bug you are describing sounds like what happens when using RSE and a CSA event is triggered. As far as I can tell it's specific to RSE. At least, that's the only time I've gotten it. I dunno why it happens, but folks in the RSE thread say that's gotten a lot better with the latest versions of RSE. The RSE and AAF threads are FULL of stuff about getting AAF to work. RSE a bit less than it was now, but still, there's a lot of guys and gals playing with it and discussing in those threads.

Tell us a bit more about your setup, loadout and such. What works, what's vexing you other than the obvious. 

First off, I apologize if I came across as being ungrateful or complaining.  I know these mods are done on people's free time and for many that's in short supply.  And after the medical issues I've had for the last few years, I understand all too well how life can sweep the legs out from under any semblance of financial stability.  It sucks and I wish no one had to go through any version of it, medical or otherwise...

AE is Autonomy Enhanced, and it seems to fire off at the weirdest times.  Kellogg's memory walkthrough in the memory den?  Yep, right there in the kitchen scene and it started again after the scene where he eliminates the gen one synths as an audition for the Institute rep sitting at the table.  I guess AE wanted to make certain they knew about ALL his skills before they put him on retainer.  Funny at times, but game breaking at others.  

I've found that when I initiate a sex scene with RSE installed, I'll often get a double ending to it in which I'll have to go through the end dialogue box twice, and if I accidentally misclick on the "again" option I'll end up with a doppleganger of my character standing in that spot from that point on.  I can't interact with it in any meaningful way, and cannot target it.

My newest batch of glitches involves AAF informing me it cannot find actors and locations after I load into or out of a structure, or use fast travel.  I'm not sure if it's looking for NPCs it was just using or something else entirely.  It's done that to my character as well a few times in which after the scene finishes I cannot move from the spot the scene occurred.  

My system is built around an i5 6600K with 32G of RAM, GPU is a GTX 970, and OS and games are run on an SSD.  It's a couple years old now, but keeps up with things pretty well and is far better than the potato I used to use before I built this one.

As for my load order, do you want / need the entire thing or would you prefer just the mods I've gotten from here?  I can't see how some of them would interfere given they're clothing and player settlement stuff...

Thank you for the assistance  :)

2 hours ago, amenshawn said:

First off, I apologize if I came across as being ungrateful or complaining.  I know these mods are done on people's free time and for many that's in short supply.  And after the medical issues I've had for the last few years, I understand all too well how life can sweep the legs out from under any semblance of financial stability.  It sucks and I wish no one had to go through any version of it, medical or otherwise...

AE is Autonomy Enhanced, and it seems to fire off at the weirdest times.  Kellogg's memory walkthrough in the memory den?  Yep, right there in the kitchen scene and it started again after the scene where he eliminates the gen one synths as an audition for the Institute rep sitting at the table.  I guess AE wanted to make certain they knew about ALL his skills before they put him on retainer.  Funny at times, but game breaking at others.  

I've found that when I initiate a sex scene with RSE installed, I'll often get a double ending to it in which I'll have to go through the end dialogue box twice, and if I accidentally misclick on the "again" option I'll end up with a doppleganger of my character standing in that spot from that point on.  I can't interact with it in any meaningful way, and cannot target it.

My newest batch of glitches involves AAF informing me it cannot find actors and locations after I load into or out of a structure, or use fast travel.  I'm not sure if it's looking for NPCs it was just using or something else entirely.  It's done that to my character as well a few times in which after the scene finishes I cannot move from the spot the scene occurred.  

My system is built around an i5 6600K with 32G of RAM, GPU is a GTX 970, and OS and games are run on an SSD.  It's a couple years old now, but keeps up with things pretty well and is far better than the potato I used to use before I built this one.

As for my load order, do you want / need the entire thing or would you prefer just the mods I've gotten from here?  I can't see how some of them would interfere given they're clothing and player settlement stuff...

Thank you for the assistance  :)

Nah man. You were fine. I'm a gruff old codger used to getting his way and forget everyone doesn't know this sometimes. I'm the one should apologize if I sounded like I was chastising. Nothing like that. Believe it or not if I'm ever pissed, you'll know it. I'm quite good at it I'm told. :P

Autonomy Enhanced. Sheesh. I need a good swift kick in the backside. I knew that. Brain fart. Yeah, old autonomy don't care who it grabs or even what. It can set up some real comical stuff, but it can be a pain in the butt too. I leave it off unless I'm gonna stand around and view a settlement for a while. (I actually do that a lot.) I will admit to some SLIGHT enjoyment when I blow up a couple raiders goin' at it, but it can do stuff like you're saying too.  It's all RNG and no way that I know of to control it except turning it off.

A lot of folks were getting that with RSE. Myself included. Especially untamed ardor events and when that happens they always go wonky. It's best to just hit the "no thanks" button if you get more than one. The "end" key still works on the animations too, so you can try and tap out that way. Fair warning, it doesn't always work. The good news is Flashy is back and has made a couple new releases that seem to be getting along with AAF better. It's not perfect yet, but better.  As far as the actor not found, we THINK that AE or shenanigans is looking for characters that zoned out, or into an internal cell (likely chasing furniture or whatnot) and AAF lost track of them. Or in the case described above, say AE was trying to start some shit when you zoned out of the area. And when you have a sex scene that involves the PC the doppelganger bug is introduced, every single time, and can cause all kinds of problems. I ONLY get that particular "can't move" bug during or after CSA events in RSE tho. If it's happening outside of that I'm pretty curious about it. That one is very likely caused by the doppelganger bug, but I can't say for sure.

Nothing you are describing is unknown, it's just a pain in the butt. Your setup actually seems to be working ok. The issues you are describing just kind of happen. The good news is dago and egoballistic think they have it worked out. The bad news is dago is on walkabout or something. We've not heard from him for a bit. 

A good rule of thumb. If you're just gonna terrorize the wimminfolk, or whichever direction you like pointing that thing, then have at it and try to see the patterns of wonkyness that are created so you can recognize them and have an opportunity to move past 'em. But before you head out to kill everything in the commonwealth make a save, quit game, log in, load that save, be a killing machine. Try not to lose fights. CSA events involving the PC will also introduce the doppelganger bug.

The real pain in the ass is quests that trigger on approach, like Piper at the DC gate or Flynn at goodneighbor won't do their thing. Save, quit game, log in, load save and suddenly they work. The doppelganger stuff get's wiped. Pay attention at levels 15, 20 and 30 too, make sure the level triggered quests kick in when they are supposed to. If they don't, do the thing. You may need to fast travel on login, but they should fire then. It totally SUCKS if you don't notice for a few levels and have to roll back to fix it.

Your rig and mine are almost identical. I've got the i7 and a 960. Heh. Sorry I came off gruff. Wasn't my intention. The world just works best when everyone knows what's going on. Let me know if you need anything else.

On ‎8‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 5:12 PM, Sulphur.4724 said:

Nah man. You were fine. I'm a gruff old codger used to getting his way and forget everyone doesn't know this sometimes. I'm the one should apologize if I sounded like I was chastising. Nothing like that. Believe it or not if I'm ever pissed, you'll know it. I'm quite good at it I'm told. :P

Autonomy Enhanced. Sheesh. I need a good swift kick in the backside. I knew that. Brain fart. Yeah, old autonomy don't care who it grabs or even what. It can set up some real comical stuff, but it can be a pain in the butt too. I leave it off unless I'm gonna stand around and view a settlement for a while. (I actually do that a lot.) I will admit to some SLIGHT enjoyment when I blow up a couple raiders goin' at it, but it can do stuff like you're saying too.  It's all RNG and no way that I know of to control it except turning it off.

A lot of folks were getting that with RSE. Myself included. Especially untamed ardor events and when that happens they always go wonky. It's best to just hit the "no thanks" button if you get more than one. The "end" key still works on the animations too, so you can try and tap out that way. Fair warning, it doesn't always work. The good news is Flashy is back and has made a couple new releases that seem to be getting along with AAF better. It's not perfect yet, but better.  As far as the actor not found, we THINK that AE or shenanigans is looking for characters that zoned out, or into an internal cell (likely chasing furniture or whatnot) and AAF lost track of them. Or in the case described above, say AE was trying to start some shit when you zoned out of the area. And when you have a sex scene that involves the PC the doppelganger bug is introduced, every single time, and can cause all kinds of problems. I ONLY get that particular "can't move" bug during or after CSA events in RSE tho. If it's happening outside of that I'm pretty curious about it. That one is very likely caused by the doppelganger bug, but I can't say for sure.

Nothing you are describing is unknown, it's just a pain in the butt. Your setup actually seems to be working ok. The issues you are describing just kind of happen. The good news is dago and egoballistic think they have it worked out. The bad news is dago is on walkabout or something. We've not heard from him for a bit. 

A good rule of thumb. If you're just gonna terrorize the wimminfolk, or whichever direction you like pointing that thing, then have at it and try to see the patterns of wonkyness that are created so you can recognize them and have an opportunity to move past 'em. But before you head out to kill everything in the commonwealth make a save, quit game, log in, load that save, be a killing machine. Try not to lose fights. CSA events involving the PC will also introduce the doppelganger bug.

The real pain in the ass is quests that trigger on approach, like Piper at the DC gate or Flynn at goodneighbor won't do their thing. Save, quit game, log in, load save and suddenly they work. The doppelganger stuff get's wiped. Pay attention at levels 15, 20 and 30 too, make sure the level triggered quests kick in when they are supposed to. If they don't, do the thing. You may need to fast travel on login, but they should fire then. It totally SUCKS if you don't notice for a few levels and have to roll back to fix it.

Your rig and mine are almost identical. I've got the i7 and a 960. Heh. Sorry I came off gruff. Wasn't my intention. The world just works best when everyone knows what's going on. Let me know if you need anything else.

Actually you didn't come across as gruff at all.   I'm ex-military / construction, so you'd have to get pretty salty to raise my eyebrow.  I just re-read my post and realized it sounded very crabby / whiny and felt the need to apologize.  The folks around here have been very helpful and friendly and I'd hate to come across as a negative jackass.  I mean, I know I CAN be one at times, quite often if you ask my wife, but I shouldn't being that crap here.  

So, back to my attempts to get AAF based things working together correctly, I've got so many issues I don't even know where to begin, so in no particular order, I present to you the glitch list...

1. Characters no longer strip during animations.  No idea why, but they've all developed clothing fetishes.  I've swapped things around in my load order trying to fix that, but nothing I've tried seems to work.

2. Body morphs don't carry over into animations.  Pregnant characters swap back to their normal appearance for the duration of the scene.

3. After the scene ends, I'm still getting frozen in place.  Can't move from the end point of the scene, even via fast travel.  

4. The notifications of AAF not finding characters and locations is pretty much non-stop.  I've disabled AAF until I can get some or all of these issues eliminated.

5. I've disabled RSE entirely.  I was hopeful it would stabilize things in some way by providing structure but I can't see that it did anything in that regard.

And, so the list is complete, things that ARE working.

1. SEU's hotkey now works without fail.  Granted, you have to be standing really damn close, but it never fails now.  That's the reason I swapped over to AAF in the first place from FourPlay.  Every other time I'd hit the hotkey via FourPlay, it wouldn't work and I'd have to reload SEU.  I'm happy to report that the hotkey issue is gone.

2. FPE seems to be functioning as intended with AE.  Two of my female settlers got pregnant without any assistance from me, so aside from the morphs not working during sex scenes, this is working fine.

3. The animations triggered via AAF using SEU are nicely varied and utilize a lot of the environment, which is nice.  

So, yeah, I'm not sure how to fix any of the issues, but at least a few of the things are working right.