Nexus manager vs Vortex???

LesboIsBesto

Before I took off on vacation for 3 weeks, I tried downloading some mods to my nexus manager & it wasn't working (could drag mods onto is manually but not through the download button on mod pages there). Left it alone then but now I realize its cuz of something called Vortex & Nexus manager being unsupported now? So who here has actually used Vortex & can tell me what's better, keep using NMM or use Vortex? Cant use MO due to certain mods I have unfortunately

I'm just curious, what do you mean "can't use MO"? I don't know of any mods that don't work with it, and I can't think of any reason why any wouldn't. The only thing that comes to mind is I have seen a mod author or two claim Mod Organizer doesn't work with their mods, but that has always turned out to be them being stubborn and having no clue what they were talking about - some mods might take a bit more to set up in MO, I guess, but they should all work.

38 minutes ago, Rogue_Kitsune said:

I'm just curious, what do you mean "can't use MO"? I don't know of any mods that don't work with it, and I can't think of any reason why any wouldn't. The only thing that comes to mind is I have seen a mod author or two claim Mod Organizer doesn't work with their mods, but that has always turned out to be them being stubborn and having no clue what they were talking about - some mods might take a bit more to set up in MO, I guess, but they should all work.

Well yea certain mods have listed not using MO due to issues specific to them & I already have a shitload of mods now (with some I've messed around with to fit me) so I'm not really into wanting to do all of that setting up again with MO or even Vortex unless it somehow makes it easier than NMM.

MO doesn´t even takes one hour to understand as much as needed...

And is WAY more comfortable then NMM.

I did a "All you need to know first" for somebody else, once.

hidden in this spoiler:

Spoiler

On 5/28/2018 at 11:31 PM, SirDuke said:
  Reveal hidden contents

MO.thumb.jpg.5a5b76304af6e5ee4abbc3c748a4d7d9.jpg

On the left side (green) is where you can organize your mods in general.

Here are texture files installed, body bodys and here will the esp and esm files be saved.

This is the side where mods will be "installed".

You can rename them, delete them, re-install them.

The right side (red) is where your plugin and master files are sorted.

This side is only about "turn on and off" like a light switch.

Plugin (esp) and master (esm) are files with programmed information, read by the game.

For both sides counts one thing!

The information on the top is loaded first, bottom is loaded last.

This is important, if one information writes over another previous one.

If there is a conflict between two mods, bottom will win.

3 hours ago, Destroyah340 said:

Well yea certain mods have listed not using MO due to issues specific to them & I already have a shitload of mods now (with some I've messed around with to fit me) so I'm not really into wanting to do all of that setting up again with MO or even Vortex unless it somehow makes it easier than NMM.

If it's what I think, it was probably someone throwing a fit over how they didn't like/didn't understand how MO handled .bsa files - supposedly it can cause some issues, but I've never once had any problems with it, and I seem to recall there being an option to turn off its .bsa management option, too. That aside, though, I certainly don't blame you for not wanting to switch programs - I still refuse to switch over to MO2 from MO1 because I already have everything set up and working the way I want! :) And, that said, I'd assume there should be some way to fix the problem you're having, especially since it does look like the Nexus is still officially supporting NMM (or, so I'm assuming, anyway - they have a download link for it right at the top of their page).

Unfortunately I'm not too familiar with their manager, but, taking my best guess... make sure you're using the latest version (they changed some backend stuff with their website a while ago that broke MO temporarily; NMM probably needed an update as well). And if that doesn't work, well... I tried Googling the problem, and found something claiming that there should be a "Fix it" button in NMM, under Download Options, in Settings (should look like a Gear button?) - I have no idea if that's even accurate, let alone if it will help, but, if it does, great!

9 minutes ago, Rogue_Kitsune said:

If it's what I think, it was probably someone throwing a fit over how they didn't like/didn't understand how MO handled .bsa files - supposedly it can cause some issues, but I've never once had any problems with it, and I seem to recall there being an option to turn off its .bsa management option, too. That aside, though, I certainly don't blame you for not wanting to switch programs - I still refuse to switch over to MO2 from MO1 because I already have everything set up and working the way I want! :) And, that said, I'd assume there should be some way to fix the problem you're having, especially since it does look like the Nexus is still officially supporting NMM (or, so I'm assuming, anyway - they have a download link for it right at the top of their page).

Unfortunately I'm not too familiar with their manager, but, taking my best guess... make sure you're using the latest version (they changed some backend stuff with their website a while ago that broke MO temporarily; NMM probably needed an update as well). And if that doesn't work, well... I tried Googling the problem, and found something claiming that there should be a "Fix it" button in NMM, under Download Options, in Settings (should look like a Gear button?) - I have no idea if that's even accurate, let alone if it will help, but, if it does, great!

From what I saw on their forums, they said NMM isnt bein supported anymore even tho they left the download for the manager up. Also funny how I mention MO once & that's what everyone latches on to, like has no one who seen this used Vortex yet???

But yeah, since am still shitty af when it comes to modding, I just took those author's words for em & stuck with NMM & it hasn't failed me yet & as I said I customized certain mods in ways the authors might not condone but its only for my game & it works without any negative results so I would rather not have to do it again, even for making new mod profiles on NMM.

21 hours ago, Destroyah340 said:

From what I saw on their forums, they said NMM isnt bein supported anymore even tho they left the download for the manager up. Also funny how I mention MO once & that's what everyone latches on to, like has no one who seen this used Vortex yet???

But yeah, since am still shitty af when it comes to modding, I just took those author's words for em & stuck with NMM & it hasn't failed me yet & as I said I customized certain mods in ways the authors might not condone but its only for my game & it works without any negative results so I would rather not have to do it again, even for making new mod profiles on NMM.

Don't use MO either but the question still stands as far as vortex who has used it and how does that work? Not trying to use a new mod manager anytime soon for a game that is 7 years old ...just saying.... and as I see no games up and coming where I'll need it but still would like to hear about it from real users of it.

As far as NMM never had an issue with it does what I need simple as that.... enter shit storm in 3,2,1

Archived