So I'm new to both here and modding Skyrim, so please forgive me if this is in the wrong section or if I didn't read something correctly.

Anyway, I ran into a softlock right when I start the game up.  The cutscene starts but my player is at the front of the cart, and no one is in the front cart. The audio continues as normal, but as soon as you get to the gates the horses get stuck since the gate won't open. Another issue is the Deviously Cursed Loot mod constantly saying that a mod removed some tags from children, probably Flower Girls, but I want to be sure. Does anyone know any mod(s) that might be causing the problems? Or any specific load order I can do to get rid of the problem? Any help at all is appreciated!

The files attached are the list of my installed mods and pictures of the issue.

596749420_ModList.thumb.PNG.e4e68953b15fb95f87ea87b4067c2d98.PNGScreenShot4.thumb.png.39dbcbda312a2b5973cc018afd3e8561.pngScreenShot6.thumb.png.b51ac1b920c1adc0db90943cd684c819.pngScreenShot8.thumb.png.c1f367b90c0ad8757313416dc60534d0.png

Again, thanks for any help in advance! Ah, and I'm heading off to bed now, so I won't be able to reply for another 8-10 hours. Been working on solving this for the entire day.

Did you run the FNIS generator? Seem you animations are broken. I can see that the guard over the gate is in default position, so that's usually happen when forgetting to fnis for installation.

In case you don't kown what I mean:

Go to: Skyrim -> Data -> Tool -> Fnis Generator for users -> and run the .exe

Then you have to tick the "skeleton arm fix" and hit the big yellow button. Now the generator will patch all new animations into your game, that might take a few minutes.

Once it's done (you see it when the other buttons aren't greyed-out anymore), you can try to start your game again.

You have to do this everytime you install or deinstall one or more mods that requires fnis!

If that doesn't help, you propably messed up your installation and should try to get it to run without any mods. Then you enable only up to 4 mods at a time and try again, until it works.

And you really should think about using the Mod Organizer 2. The Nexus Mod Manager installs mod directly into your skyrim folder and makes phyical overwrites. This can mess up your complete install. But the MO2 installs every mod into it's own folder in the MO2 directory and then loads them virtually into the game when starting. Therefore no physically overrides are done. And it shows you beforehand which files exactly are overwritten and by which mod. You then have the option to alter the "installation order" by drag and drop or just disallow overwrites for each file individually. And that's why mo2 is better ;)

9 hours ago, Rektas69 said:

With the amount of mods and the mods you use I would recommmend switching into MO2 or Vortex, so you can easily see the conflicts and why you're getting the errors.

Also, I recommend using Alternate Start mod so you don't need to go through this tutorial again.

I have no idea how NMM works now, but I'm pretty sure it's a mess with that many mods enabled and knowing how conflitcting SL mods can be.

Okay, I'll give it another shot with MO2, then! Thanks!

8 hours ago, Guffel said:

Did you run the FNIS generator? Seem you animations are broken. I can see that the guard over the gate is in default position, so that's usually happen when forgetting to fnis for installation.

In case you don't kown what I mean:

Go to: Skyrim -> Data -> Tool -> Fnis Generator for users -> and run the .exe

Then you have to tick the "skeleton arm fix" and hit the big yellow button. Now the generator will patch all new animations into your game, that might take a few minutes.

Once it's done (you see it when the other buttons aren't greyed-out anymore), you can try to start your game again.

You have to do this everytime you install or deinstall one or more mods that requires fnis!

If that doesn't help, you propably messed up your installation and should try to get it to run without any mods. Then you enable only up to 4 mods at a time and try again, until it works.

And you really should think about using the Mod Organizer 2. The Nexus Mod Manager installs mod directly into your skyrim folder and makes phyical overwrites. This can mess up your complete install. But the MO2 installs every mod into it's own folder in the MO2 directory and then loads them virtually into the game when starting. Therefore no physically overrides are done. And it shows you beforehand which files exactly are overwritten and by which mod. You then have the option to alter the "installation order" by drag and drop or just disallow overwrites for each file individually. And that's why mo2 is better ;)

Nope, I generated FNIS. That was one of my first problems when I noticed that the animations didn't load. Thanks again, though! I'll work on it again this time using Alternate Start and MO2.

I also have mod issues(still fighting with it MO2 ).

"it s easy they said..."

Well.... What did I do wrong when mods don t appear in the MCM.                         NMM handled this for me in the past.

What in general do I make with the Overwrite folder or the stuff within it?                                  -//-

My problem with MO2 is that in the past NMM took care of most of my problems and MO2 now makes it more complicated(I know that is some kind of an illusion). Like installing a mod is always semi manual, and MO2 needs to get told where to put the data folder begins. I don t get hype about MO2. Yeah it is nice that it does not touch the core game files, ... .  It seems over engineered 

But let me describe this way.   

A lot of people use a car to get to work or get shit done,

but they don´t need to be engineers to drive them.

And that is where MO2 fails and why i think they now work on Vortex.

The opening cart ride is notoriously buggy when you have a lot of mods installed.  Best way around it is to use the Alternate Start mod.  Create your character in the Alternate Start prison cell, and most importantly wait for all of your mods to finish loading while in the prison cell.  Then go talk to the statue and pick your start.  You can even pick the vanilla start if you want, in which case you'll still get the cart ride.  Since your mods are already loaded it will even work now (probably).

I prefer the camping in the woods start which puts you in a small camp right outside Helgen as if you had just finished escaping Helgen from the vanilla start.  It includes an option to go back into the cave and pick either Ralof or Advar to follow out as well so anything mod that assumes a vanilla start should still work fine.  That start is also a perfect option for Helgen Reborn.

Archived