Massive lag since latest patch

Hello. The latest patch caused my game to massively lag when I have the WW mod in. Lag is probably the wrong word....I load a household, and then my Sim will be doing the task he is currently doing for HOURS or simply stand around. When I tell him to do something it doesn't appear in the command list. I also can't switch between Sims, nothing happens when I click the other Sim. However, once I open the main menu my Sims will suddenly catch up to everything I told them to do and do it very quickly. After that they aren't reacting again....this only happens with WW in the mods folder. Does anyone else have this issue?

17 hours ago, ShineXXX said:

Hello. The latest patch caused my game to massively lag when I have the WW mod in. Lag is probably the wrong word....I load a household, and then my Sim will be doing the task he is currently doing for HOURS or simply stand around. When I tell him to do something it doesn't appear in the command list. I also can't switch between Sims, nothing happens when I click the other Sim. However, once I open the main menu my Sims will suddenly catch up to everything I told them to do and do it very quickly. After that they aren't reacting again....this only happens with WW in the mods folder. Does anyone else have this issue?

WW is up to date?

On 7/17/2018 at 7:12 PM, ShineXXX said:

YES! 

I had been playing fine for some time, until maybe two updates back, when the lag started. It's just as you described, my sims just stand in place for  in-game hours in an idle animation. I can try ordering them to do things, but the tasks may or may not appear in the queue, and even if they do appear, its not like the sim is active in the first place. Sometimes they catch up when i switch game modes, like from Buy to Live, but it's rare, and it's been an on-going issue. 

When I first noticed it enough to become a problem, I, too, went through my mods and CC to figure out what there was causing a problem. Then I took WW out and my sims starting whizzing around the screen like a dream. The problem is, I did a little research about the lag issue, and it seems like it even affects vanilla games, too, from what I've read, so I don't have much hope of finding anything to really alleviate this widespread problem. I want very much to add WW back into my game, but i cant wait four hours to play one sim day because of lag!

Halp!

I have the very same issue. I checked everything and it seems that  Climax interaction is the trigger.  Everything works fine until that moment. 

I'm definitely having the same issue. It happened suddenly with one game, where every time I brought the family to a public place (and only some other place, they were fine at home) it started glitching and I couldn't switch between them or have them do anything. If I bounced between pause and play they'd more or less catch up to themselves, but then immediately the issues would start again. It seemed to make a difference that I'd already saved that game, probably after the error occurred, because when I tried loading other saved games they seemed fine. I was bummed, thinking I'd ruined one of my saves, and so I started an entirely new save. Aaaand it started happening again. I had to watch it super closely and if it started happening, I went back to the main menu then reloaded the game, and it would be fine (although I'd lose everything since my last save). But it would started happening again after a few sim hours.

I was thinking it must be an issue with the latest game update, and it didn't occur to me it might be something related to WW until I came here to see if anyone else was having glitches. After reading this thread I closed the game, removed my WW folder, reopened the game, and went to my "broken" save--which now works absolutely fine without WW installed. >.<

OH MY GHAWD i have the same problem

my sim just does NOTHING ...and not only my sims..other sims too

like time and stuff goes on but the people just do not start anny interactions or animations...

i get an errormessage from turbodriver tho when i start the gam :/

Good to know I'm not alone with this! For now WW isn't in my game, but playing without it is a little boring. Also, I read in one comment that climax interaction triggers it. But my Sims weren't having sex or anything, it happens right after loading the household. Well this is definitely a problem with WW though, I hope it gets fixed soon.

Yes, the climax interaction starts the lag, at least in my case. When it happens, I have to remove WW and the game is back to normal again.   

Am pretty fresh in playing-installing mods in sims 4, but I have few ideas and questions, I read that sims 3 was saving mods installed into registry, and then even when you uninstalled them they would sometimes slow the game still, that is, if you have weaker pc, wondering if similar is for TS4? (no idea how correct it is, random googling)

Also, if anyone knows for sure, would clothing hair etc. cc's be able to make the simulation lag? My guess is not? Maybe just lag when switching outfit, entering library, and such. But would be great to know for sure.

I too have simulation lag sometimes, and through some testing I am trying to see how it is related, 'cos sometimes there is none, and other times, is. My pc is really not strong, but it runs the game fine with a couple of expansions-game packs, that is, depending on which. I am thinking Get Together is giving me simulation lag, especially in the clubs, now, I have yet to test it: without Wicked Whims, or no other xpacks but Get together. Kinda rough conclusion is that script-like mods/expansions would cause sim lag, in different locations, just my speculations.

I think I've solved the problem? I've erased WW files from Saves folder (those are preferences passed on from old to new version of WW) and the game works. There is no freezing, lagging or any of problems mentioned above, only the game loading time is bit slower then usual. So, until that is resolved I'm gonna use the previous WW version (3.3.4.129f) which runs perfectly. 
So, is it possible that some of the user settings clashed with new version of WW?  

2 hours ago, Romea said:

I think I've solved the problem? I've erased WW files from Saves folder (those are preferences passed on from old to new version of WW) and the game works. There is no freezing, lagging or any of problems mentioned above, only the game loading time is bit slower then usual. So, until that is resolved I'm gonna use the previous WW version (3.3.4.129f) which runs perfectly. 
So, is it possible that some of the user settings clashed with new version of WW?  

Shouldn't do...I haven't had a problem......when you last updated WW are you sure you deleted the old files?

1 hour ago, procian said:

Shouldn't do...I haven't had a problem......when you last updated WW are you sure you deleted the old files?

Yes, I always do. At first I thought something was wrong with Seasons expansion (Weather forecast was missing), because the game and WW worked fine with it disabled. After two game updates Forecast returned but the lags and freezes remained and I had to pause/play through every single action. So, I reinstalled the game, updated all my CCs, mods and WW. The game started working again, and then above mentioned climax happened. Sims got stuck in the neverending loop and I had to pause/play again. 
So, I remembered the WW folder in Saves when I copied the files. I assumed that those were the user settings because every new version of WW remembered my tweaks. I got an idea that those files might be somehow clashing with new version. I deleted those and installed older version of WW. Game works perfectly. I deleted those files again and installed the latest WW, again game works but it takes a bit longer to load. 
So, somehow it worked for me. 

All old content is definitely deleted for whenever I update. Which unfortunately means I can't even try what Romea mentioned and go back to a previous version. I no longer have the files and I'd have to pay into Turbodriver's Patreon in order to get access to an older version file. >.<

On 7/23/2018 at 8:10 PM, maggiegator said:

All old content is definitely deleted for whenever I update. Which unfortunately means I can't even try what Romea mentioned and go back to a previous version. I no longer have the files and I'd have to pay into Turbodriver's Patreon in order to get access to an older version file. >.<

What old version are you after, i still have 129e & 129f version's. i always keep the last 2.

edit* 4/8/18 i have since deleted them. 

Just reread the comments and it seems the suggestion, to remove the WW folder in Saves, by Romea fixed the lag. Thank you.

I'm still having a different issue though. When I load up the game, the plumbob on the loading screen spins very fast, and the "play" button in the main menu also flashes very fast, also the pictures that show the seasons keep changing fast. When I go into a neighborhood all the lights around the lots flash fast, and it stays like this until I click something. It's been happening since the last Sims patch. I guess it's not exactly an issue, but it's slightly irritating. I didn't add any new CC/mods (other than the required updated versions).

12 hours ago, ShineXXX said:

Just reread the comments and it seems the suggestion, to remove the WW folder in Saves, by Romea fixed the lag. Thank you.

You’re welcome. I'm glad it helped :)

I tried the last WW June update and still gave me a lag. Then I tried taking out some animations still using June update and it worked fine. Please check animations, because new WW update checks the installed animations as a txt file within its folder.  Not sure what animation is causing the lag. 

Archived