tsuki no mori Posted January 19, 2013 Author Posted January 19, 2013 probably doesn't matter since you're going to rewrite' date=' but on a whim, I was playing with the console command to change NPC's weights. I used it on an archer loli bandit (one with the pink dreads) and she suddenly turned blonde with braids and a proper hair texture. Curiouser and curiouser. [/quote'] I just verified that this works with the Breezehome Children as well. Too bad it doesn't live through a save/reload. I think load order is a red herring. I just moved the Breezehome Children to the very bottom of the load order, the very top, before/after this mod, before/after xvisionchildren, before/after CotS, disabled all those other mods .... and the hair textures still glitch. (I'm using Breezehome Children, btw, because it's behaving the same as this mod and I happen to have a handy save in Breezehome.) So it seems like the game engine is not loading things properly when it first loads the model but the meshes and textures are all there because, when you force the game to reload the NPC with setnpcweight, they load just fine.
WaxenFigure Posted January 19, 2013 Posted January 19, 2013 probably doesn't matter since you're going to rewrite' date=' but on a whim, I was playing with the console command to change NPC's weights. I used it on an archer loli bandit (one with the pink dreads) and she suddenly turned blonde with braids and a proper hair texture. Curiouser and curiouser. [/quote'] I just verified that this works with the Breezehome Children as well. Too bad it doesn't live through a save/reload. I think load order is a red herring. I just moved the Breezehome Children to the very bottom of the load order, the very top, before/after this mod, before/after xvisionchildren, before/after CotS, disabled all those other mods .... and the hair textures still glitch. (I'm using Breezehome Children, btw, because it's behaving the same as this mod and I happen to have a handy save in Breezehome.) So it seems like the game engine is not loading things properly when it first loads the model but the meshes and textures are all there because, when you force the game to reload the NPC with setnpcweight, they load just fine. If the ESP has the "master" flag set it gets loaded ahead of other mods regardless of it's position. I was going to check it but I don't have Breezehome children right now.
tsuki no mori Posted January 19, 2013 Author Posted January 19, 2013 If the ESP has the "master" flag set it gets loaded ahead of other mods regardless of it's position. I was going to check it but I don't have Breezehome children right now. Breezehome Children only has Skyrim.esm, ApachiiHair.esm and RaceCompatibility.esm as masters, removing one more variable and making the mod easier to move around as well. Also, I'm using an in-progress X117 Bandits and Forsworn.esp that doesn't use YChildren of the Sky.esm as master. But at one point in this testing I took CotS out of the mix anyway. I didn't remove the assets though, just removed it from the load list. I'll try completely removing it tomorrow. Edit: By the way, I noticed that the entire head gets reloaded when you use setnpcweight, not just the hair and it's obvious that it's not just the hair textures that were loaded wrong. One more data point.
goune23 Posted January 20, 2013 Posted January 20, 2013 I saw in another post that it might have something to do with ApachiiHair.esm missing textures but have not yet seen this verified.
donews Posted January 29, 2013 Posted January 29, 2013 Hello, That mod don't work for me (Bandit and Forsworn NPCs for YII-TECHNIQUES-LABORS *Children of the Sky*). The game crash on the load. I have installed Children of the Sky -R2 NMM Version (with the esm file option), Children_of_the_Sky_-_Gear and Children_of_the_Sky_-_Follower_BETA. It's a new install with any previous saves. (Any other mod installed except SkyUI). Have you any idea to fix it ? I thank you in advance for your answer. (I try to overwrite the esm. file with Children of the Sky -R2 ESMified but Bandit and Forsworn crash the game at load too)
tsuki no mori Posted January 29, 2013 Author Posted January 29, 2013 That mod don't work for me (Bandit and Forsworn NPCs for YII-TECHNIQUES-LABORS *Children of the Sky*). The game crash on the load. If it's crashing right after the Skyrim logo, then it's missing a master file. The required files are: Skyrim.esm Update.esm ApachiiHair.esm RaceCompatibility.esm YChildren of the Sky.esm I'm planning to remove all but Skyrim.esm from the master file requirements soon. Sorry that work on this has been going so slowly -- RL has been getting in the way of my fun lately.
sid1373 Posted January 30, 2013 Posted January 30, 2013 That mod don't work for me (Bandit and Forsworn NPCs for YII-TECHNIQUES-LABORS *Children of the Sky*). The game crash on the load. If it's crashing right after the Skyrim logo' date=' then it's missing a master file. The required files are: Skyrim.esm Update.esm ApachiiHair.esm RaceCompatibility.esm YChildren of the Sky.esm I'm planning to remove all but Skyrim.esm from the master file requirements soon. Sorry that work on this has been going so slowly -- RL has been getting in the way of my fun lately. [/quote'] was doing the same thing to me.. and you are correct... i was missing ApachiiHair.esm once i installed that it works like a charm..
donews Posted January 30, 2013 Posted January 30, 2013 I was missing that file too. I have installed ApachiiSkyHair_v_1_5_Full-10168-1-5-Full.7z and it works well now. A whole thank you for tsuki no mori.
PerviBastard Posted January 31, 2013 Posted January 31, 2013 Awesome mod! Love it. The only thing I was wondering... is there anyway to work around Apachii hair? I mean to get rid of it all together. I'm getting the missing texture issues and I have never really liked Apachii Sky Hair very much anyway, so I'd love to ditch it if possible (for personal use). I was thinking of making copies of vanilla hair files, renaming them to match the Apachii files and replacing them. But I don't know if this will mess with other aspects of the presets. I know a little about the CK, but NPC presets and scripting are beyond me at this point. Any advice or ideas would be great, thanks.
tsuki no mori Posted February 1, 2013 Author Posted February 1, 2013 Awesome mod! Love it. The only thing I was wondering... is there anyway to work around Apachii hair? I mean to get rid of it all together. Yes. Work on the rewrite is going slowly but Apachii hair is definitely not in the mix! There's more to the problem than just missing Apachii hair textures. The whole head is not rendering correctly. If you open the console, target the NPC and type "setnpcweight 1" you'll see the hair (mesh and texture) AND the face redraw correctly. And it's only the bandits. Foresworn and hunters don't seem to be afflicted.
PerviBastard Posted February 1, 2013 Posted February 1, 2013 Awesome mod! Love it. The only thing I was wondering... is there anyway to work around Apachii hair? I mean to get rid of it all together. Yes. Work on the rewrite is going slowly but Apachii hair is definitely not in the mix! There's more to the problem than just missing Apachii hair textures. The whole head is not rendering correctly. If you open the console' date=' target the NPC and type "setnpcweight 1" you'll see the hair (mesh and texture) AND the face redraw correctly. And it's only the bandits. Foresworn and hunters don't seem to be afflicted. [/quote'] Friggin' awesome! Thanks for the "heads-up" and all the hard work on this. Can't wait for the next version! I have actually done the vanilla fur armors and the Forsworn armors for girls (also Iron armor) for myself. They work, but I am not sure they are up to the quality for a released mod, but if there is an interest, I'd offer them up. It would be cool to be able to finally contribute to the modding community instead of being just a very grateful leach. Thanks again!
goune23 Posted February 1, 2013 Posted February 1, 2013 Friggin' awesome! Thanks for the "heads-up" and all the hard work on this. Can't wait for the next version! I have actually done the vanilla fur armors and the Forsworn armors for girls (also Iron armor) for myself. They work' date=' but I am not sure they are up to the quality for a released mod, but if there is an interest, I'd offer them up. It would be cool to be able to finally contribute to the modding community instead of being just a very grateful leach. Thanks again! [/quote'] Release them man and lets see what ya got. Honestly I have some pretty bad mods on the nexus so yours can't be any worse, and I am hoping to see some nice changes to the vanilla fur armors.
tsuki no mori Posted February 1, 2013 Author Posted February 1, 2013 I have actually done the vanilla fur armors and the Forsworn armors for girls (also Iron armor) for myself. They work' date=' but I am not sure they are up to the quality for a released mod, but if there is an interest, I'd offer them up. It would be cool to be able to finally contribute to the modding community instead of being just a very grateful leach. Thanks again! [/quote'] Release them man and lets see what ya got. Honestly I have some pretty bad mods on the nexus so yours can't be any worse, and I am hoping to see some nice changes to the vanilla fur armors. I agree. The armors I'm using are courtesy of lostdaywalker. They're "baked into" this mod and published separately in his armors thread. What I really need is boy's armor though. Especially male Forsworn and anything else with bare arms and chest. The adult male armors just aren't cutting it.
PerviBastard Posted February 1, 2013 Posted February 1, 2013 I have actually done the vanilla fur armors and the Forsworn armors for girls (also Iron armor) for myself. They work' date=' but I am not sure they are up to the quality for a released mod, but if there is an interest, I'd offer them up. It would be cool to be able to finally contribute to the modding community instead of being just a very grateful leach. Thanks again![/quote']Release them man and lets see what ya got. Honestly I have some pretty bad mods on the nexus so yours can't be any worse, and I am hoping to see some nice changes to the vanilla fur armors. I agree. The armors I'm using are courtesy of lostdaywalker. They're "baked into" this mod and published separately in his armors thread.What I really need is boy's armor though. Especially male Forsworn and anything else with bare arms and chest. The adult male armors just aren't cutting it. A member called "stucksomewhere" has almost all the boys' armors done, and plans on doing the boys' clothes, as well as all vanilla female.http://www.loverslab.com/topic/3030-yii-techniques-labors-children-of-the-sky-r2-upd-0412/?p=290918He may be into lending his set to this mod if asked.Tonight I went through everything I have done so far except for the Iron armors. I'm going back and welding vertices like I should have done the first time through. Just want to make sure things are where they should be. Once I get the iron armors finished, I'll add them to my plugin, zip it up and post it.
PerviBastard Posted February 2, 2013 Posted February 2, 2013 Ok, here are the vanilla girls' armors that I have done so far. All fur armor except bodyf, the long sleeved version. Iron and Banded Iron armors. Forsworn and Leather Armors. The plug-in is set up so that adult armor that is looted from adults and then equipped by a kid will use the kids armor model. I wanted to keep the naming convention for the kid models the same as the rest of the vanilla stuff for my own use. Please feel free to rename for a different naming convention and or file structure. What ever makes things easiest or makes more sense for you and the Mod. I'm going to keep working on conversions for myself, let me know if you like these so far, and I'll pass on the rest as I go. girls vanilla clothes & armors v0.1: http://www.mediafire.com/?kep16bckehvbagx
tsuki no mori Posted February 2, 2013 Author Posted February 2, 2013 Nice! I'll check 'em out over the weekend! Thanks.
sid1373 Posted February 2, 2013 Posted February 2, 2013 ok Tsuki no mori, first this is an awsome mod.. love it and cant say enough about the work you have done... now the reson for the post.. was playing thru the game.. enjoying the mod... and came across the silverswords... and lo and behold there where kids there so im thinking they are considered bandits maybe? just thought i would bring it to your attention if you didn't know.. only thing is they are wearing the regular armor... not the stuff your others are wearing.. but that should be easy enough to adjust.. anyway just wanted to let you know... and again thanks much for the wonderful mod....
tsuki no mori Posted February 2, 2013 Author Posted February 2, 2013 Yes, the Silverswords are considered by the game to be bandits but there is something weird going on in that cell that I haven't quite figured out. When I played through it, the kids were armored okay but there were a couple big, male Nords wearing female X117 armor! (Which caused them to be floating heads and weapons with invisible bodies, not as hilarious as one would hope.) I think I fixed that before the last update but I'll take another look at that group.
luvandfeelins Posted February 2, 2013 Posted February 2, 2013 Yes, the Silverswords are considered by the game to be bandits but there is something weird going on in that cell that I haven't quite figured out. When I played through it, the kids were armored okay but there were a couple big, male Nords wearing female X117 armor! (Which caused them to be floating heads and weapons with invisible bodies, not as hilarious as one would hope.) I think I fixed that before the last update but I'll take another look at that group. I ran into the same thing myself. i couldn't figure out what was going on with the floating heads. As Pervibastard said earlier, "thanks for the 'heads-up.'"
donews Posted February 2, 2013 Posted February 2, 2013 Hello, I have also the bug related by Umfodrol : " .. every bandit girl .. has the same hair: pinkish purple flat-texture bangs-over-eyes and dreadlocks-ponytail" But the mod works. I thank you for your work.
tsuki no mori Posted February 5, 2013 Author Posted February 5, 2013 OP is updated! The pink hair bug is squashed. As stated in the OP, this ISN'T the rewrite. It's just a fix. It also removes the use os YChildren of the Sky.esm in favor if Jiitek's original ESP file (there is an option to stay with the ESM version). Don't try to spawn one of each X117 bandit girls all at once, it took minutes to just get this screen shot and then minutes to bring up the task list to kill TESV.exe! And this is less than half of them. Not a pink head in sight though: I also thought that I'd attached the file to the OP (there's a mediafire link too) but I don't see it. Still trying getting used to the new forum.
PerviBastard Posted February 5, 2013 Posted February 5, 2013 tsuki no mori... you sir, are awesome! Thanks!
donews Posted February 5, 2013 Posted February 5, 2013 Nice job : works well. I thank you very much. But I had some problems fisrt : The game crash if I use COTS .esm file so I needed to reinstall it with the base .esp option. Some savegame have some bugs like no more x117 player or transparent face.
donews Posted February 5, 2013 Posted February 5, 2013 After more testing I need the COTS .esm file to avoid the "whites eyes bugs". It's allow to change the color of the eyes of vanilla races. With the COTS .esp file, we can't change it and so eyes stay white. As tsuki no mori explain on the first page of that topic, we need to overwrite the Bandit and Forsworn .esp file of the ../Data directory with the one we find in the Data/ESMVersion directory.
Seth Posted February 5, 2013 Posted February 5, 2013 This is really nice although I wish there were more boys in there.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now