Bandit and Forsworn NPCs for YII-TECHNIQUES-LABORS *Children of the Sky*

Did not hurt to check. For all i knew there may have been random ones to run into.

How is the cadets idea going?

That's going to be a challenge too. They don't spawn the same as the random bad guys and they totally change after the civil war (which, believe it or not, I have yet to actually play through!). Sorry if I've been slow to respond. I'm going to be pretty short on modding time for the next few weeks. RL imposes ...

I was at level 25 when I saw the headless Khajiit in Folgunthur. I looked at the NPC forms for the 20-somethings and found nothing suspicious. But' date=' since the bandits and the forsworn are two separate sets of NPC records (they share no common artifacts in my mod) I got to wondering about the odds of me screwing them up both in the same way.

I've been having tons of other graphic glitches since the 1.8 update. Rocks and other static clutter floating in the air, corpses vanishing or mysteriously appearing, lots of standing on the saddle while riding. Some of this could be FNIS related, I'm at 3.1.1 still.

[/quote']

I finally managed to fix my FNIS issues, got it all working with 3.3.2 and Skyrim 1.8 and SKSE at whatever the latest is. And, I haven't seen any more headless nudists. I even went back to Ft Sunguard in the mid 20s just to check, and everyone there was clothed with their head properly attached.

Crashes every time I use it' date=' no matter if I take out one file or a few of them. No idea about load order really, but if I take out all the file you made, the game plays fine...oh well.

[/quote']

Are you sure that you are using the "YChildren of the Sky.esm" (that comes with the "Character presets for YII-TECHNIQUES-LABORS *Children of the Sky*" mod) instead of the original "YChildren of the Sky.esp" file? That would cause a crash every time.

Load order shouldn't make too much of a difference as long as it's not loading before USKP or anything else that might change the NPC leveled lists.

• 2 weeks later...

looks like this is going to need updating. jiitek has uploaded R2 of his mod making this one obsolete I'm thinking.

I hope it is updated soon, I kind of like this mod.

I might suggest tweaking the value of the armors a little the custom stuff is way over priced compared to what the regular bandits have.

looks like this is going to need updating. jiitek has uploaded R2 of his mod making this one obsolete I'm thinking.

I hope it is updated soon' date=' I kind of like this mod.

[/quote']

Nice. I'm not at home right now but I'll get on it as soon as I can -- this weekend at the latest. I'll want to update the CotS Presets mod first and then this one. I'm hoping it won't be too painful. (It shouldn't be.)

I might suggest tweaking the value of the armors a little the custom stuff is way over priced compared to what the regular bandits have.

Will do. I just left the settings that lostdaywalker had. You make a great point though.

Edit: OP is updated to warn/inform people.

It appears that this mod is working (at least for me) simply by converting YChildren of The Sky.esp to be an ESM file. Conversions for both the standard and prepatched sliders versions here: http://www.mediafire.com/?1r0vqcowv16wqd5

OP is updated with this info as well.

You should be able to use TES5Edit to change the header of "x117 Bandits and Forsworn.esp" so that it works off the CotS esp file.

The CK does not like that so you would need the ESMified one for updating with the CK but the game handles it fine so we could run it without changes to CotS.

Attached one with modified header but I can't test it atm.

Thanks! This will be the way of doing things going forward with both this mod and the CotS Presets mod!

Getting missing textures on the hair... Can't figure out whats wrong as the hair textures are only missing for the Bandit and Forsworn NPCs

Interesting. I havn't seen this (yet) but all the kids in the Breezehome Children mod are missing their hair textures for me. It's a busy week for me, I'll try to look into this as soon as I can.

mmm, i didn't try this mod, because it;s seems not use new yii version.

but i like idea of this mod. make sens -

bandits usual have man + woman npc ..... ???? ..... = must have small bandits kids (゚∀゚)

what i can eat in a werewolf form ヽ(゜▽、゜)

>>moon forestチャン, will you update mod ? that he will support new yii version ?

mmm' date=' i didn't try this mod, because it;s seems not use new yii version.

but i like idea of this mod. make sens -

bandits usual have man + woman npc ..... ???? ..... = must have small bandits kids (゚∀゚)

[/quote']

After you have Sky Children R2 running, you can use the ESM file that you can download here. Put it in the Skyrim\data directory, enable it and disable "YChildren of the Sky.esp". This mod should work with it. In the next release of this, I'm going to remove the reliance on Jiitek's mod so that it won't break on new CotS releases.

what i can eat in a werewolf form ヽ(゜▽、゜)

ヽ(*・ω・)ノ

>>moon forestチャン' date=' will you update mod ? that he will support new yii version ?

[/quote']

Ah, "moon forest" would be 月の森. If you look, I'm 月の守, "Protector of the Moon" (but I'll answer to either name). Yes, the mod will be updated soon.

what about "male" textures ? On a first screen shoot' date=' boy npc, has a corupted body.

but it's probable old version of a yii problem.

[/quote']

Yes. That screen shot was using CotS R1.

mm this mod support PISE ?

I'm not sure. I've never used PISE. If it replaces the level lists for the bandits and forsworn, I would expect that would be a problem. It looks like he has a newer mod called ASIS which claims to merge with other mods. That might work. I'll investigate it later.

ASIS = 死

he killed my game, not once, even two tims ! horrible mod. pise, actual "pise.esp" corrypted too, but i use only stand alone pise parts, eto, i htought this mod add new bandits, not change exsisted.

eto, one more part, about a your mod. what with armor ? i try use armor from Armors for YII-TECHNIQUES-LABORS *Children of the Sky* on a "Followers" what based on a yii mod, and this npc had many bugs with armor >< , are you use armor's for your bandits from a Armors for YII-TECHNIQUES-LABORS ?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So far, every bandit girl (I haven't checked forsworn EDIT: just checked; forsworn show variety, so looks like it's just bandits) has the same hair: pinkish purple flat-texture bangs-over-eyes and dreadlocks-ponytail. Anyone else encounter this and know what's causing it?

Great mod, anyway. My loli-barbarian can pick on someone her own size.

So far' date=' every bandit girl (I haven't checked forsworn) has the same hair: pinkish purple flat-texture bangs-over-eyes and dreadlocks-ponytail. Anyone else encounter this and know what's causing it?

[/quote']

I've been seeing it but not as consistantly as you have. I've been putting off addressing it because I'm planning a full re-write of the mod. But I think I'll look into it and see if I can get an interim fix. Look for something soonly.

So far' date=' every bandit girl (I haven't checked forsworn EDIT: just checked; forsworn show variety, so looks like it's just bandits) has the same hair: pinkish purple flat-texture bangs-over-eyes and dreadlocks-ponytail. Anyone else encounter this and know what's causing it?

Great mod, anyway. My loli-barbarian can pick on someone her own size.

[/quote']

I too have seen this and might know at least part of the cause. Part of this cause seems to be the load order which can be changed though I am not sure which mod might be the culprit causing the error.

My load order right now is....

Racecompatibility.esm

CotS.esm

apachiihair.esm

enhancedcharacteredit.esp

ashenfollowers.esp

loliabs.esp

x117 bandits and forsworn.esp

UFO.esp

xvisionchidren.esp

Note I am only showing the ones that I think would have an effect on this mod and have many more installed.

I cannot say if this will fix it for you or if something else is the matter but atm for me this does seem to work.

load order

My load order is much the same as you have except for a few small differences (I don't use Ashen Followers, I have Breezehome Children loaded after this mod and I load xvisionchildren before it). Tonight, for no obvious reason (I didn't change anything that should be relaated) the Breezehome Child who's had missing texture hair for sometime all of a sudden found the texture again. Weird. (Also Ysolda has a new hairdo for some reason!)

I looked through all of these mods with TES5Edit and it doesn't seem that any of these mods are altering the form lists that "Bandits and Forsworn" is using.

At any rate, I think I'll proceed with the re-write rather than try a patch. Hopefully I can get going on that fairly quickly. I've learned a lot about doing this type of mod since I started this. Next version will not be dependent on Jiitek's mod.

probably doesn't matter since you're going to rewrite, but on a whim, I was playing with the console command to change NPC's weights. I used it on an archer loli bandit (one with the pink dreads) and she suddenly turned blonde with braids and a proper hair texture. Curiouser and curiouser.

EDIT: And then I save and load the game later. Flat pink dreads again. I know nothing, but I'm beginning to suspect Apachii.