Kyrandian Nights -- Recruitment Post

alanrye

Hello, everyone. Knowing as the CK2 General Board tends to be quite slow moving, I'd hope this little post will call some wanted attention.
I'm Wheelies, and you probably never heard from me. I and my friend Alyx have, for quite a long time, wanted to create an all-original, and content-packed adult mod for Crusader Kings II. We have put together a couple ideas since the start of 2016, but it never went anywhere until now that we have organized the Kyrandian Nights Project Discord, link down below.

The whole concept for Kyrandian Nights, is a reshaping of the Crusader Kings II vanilla experience, into something that has its mature content as the focus, rather than an addon, while not destroying the broody, somewhat realistic tone of the base game. I.E. no silly Japanese cat-people (There are already cool mods that cover that, as you may know). To Achieve such a thing we have decided to:

-Create a Dark/Realistic Fantasy World from scratch, with custom cultures to explore and taboos to break. Focusing on an early Iron/Bronze Age; this is to allow maximum variability between playing, let's say, a Tribal Caveman and a Lord from a civilized empire. With a simple, but comprehensible lore, and rules, as well as a simplified buildings set, focused on unlocking custom events as well as buffs for gameplay. Techs and their speed will also be greatly reduced, if possible.

-Bring down the scope of the game. (Map below) This map, although not final, is supposed to have a similar size to continental Europe in the base game, although contact distance will be very limited. While this may turn some of you off, (pun very well intended) we want to make this mod not only lightweight but organized. This will play into our next point...

-Cutting down on the number of characters that will liter your courts. Limited spawning means no useless characters forcing you to banish dozens of lowborns only to stay at a hefty 50 people whom you can't recall the names, or when they appeared. If you do need a harem, do not fret, there will be ample opportunities for that. Global fertility will also be brought down, and the risks of losing characters from both birthing and wounds will be greater if your tech-level is low enough.

-A true, expansive, amount of content, depending and varying between age, race, culture, religion, family-ties, traits, and stats. No more will you be forced to read the same little textbox for every interaction. Romance will also play a greater role, if wished, giving a constant, fresh feeling to your gameplay. And we mean it. Our goal is to make this mod an actual roleplay element.

-Relationships will no longer be a simple on/off switch. Or at least that's what we're trying to accomplish. The more time you remain in some sort of relationship: willingly or not, as well as incestual, inter-species and with an age difference - will affect your events and interactions.

-Reworked traits, with more meaningful effects on the players quality of life. Diseases are dangerous, once again, although avoiding more liberal individuals might save your skin. (Yes, you can now fuck incapable people) A lot of the events will have specific responses to most traits. Traits will also become harder to come by but have increased bonuses and malaise, as well as specific events to fire up for them, not all adult-oriented.

-Actual, made-for-the-game art. While varying very much from the base game's realistic-botch style, and aiming for a more cartoony one, we hope to not only separate both elements but manage to create a good amount of art, directly from the first build.

-New uses for piety -- prestige -- cash triumvirate, including blessings, relationship, and construction.

-Reworked and expanded (and we mean EXPANDED) elements: Marriage; Breeding; Children; Education; Religion; Raiding; Prison-life; Title-stealing; Bestiality; and Supernatural Events. (Let's see if Cthulhu enjoys dick as well as seawater)

-Pre-made characters with stories and events made especially for them, similar to vanilla CK2.

To achieve this, we have set our sights into transforming Crusader Kings II from the ground up, and already have an artist on our team, as well as a seasoned writer. Still, we lack more of those, as well as an absolute lack of coders, 3D artists, and testers. We hope that our little pitch has caught your attention, as we simply wish to give CK2's community an adult mod that we feel could really make it something else. Even if its ambition might seem a little bit too far-fetched.

We know very well this is niche, and we're asking for a lot. But if you willing to join us, we believe that we can make those rainy evenings playing CK2 fun yet again.
Down below you can find our discord link, we hope you'll join us, either to simply watch out for progress or as a member of the development team:

https://discord.gg/NDtSQAa

Thanks for reading. Sincerely, WoW.

1.png

• 2 weeks later...

I would love to personally help. I have a fair amount of experience working with CK2 modding, but unfortunately life is pretty busy for me at the moment, what with a job hunt, college, and potentially studying abroad in Japan next year. If it's still up when I'm abroad I'll see if I can put aside a few moments a week to help out, but again, this is in the future.

On 7/12/2018 at 10:16 PM, whateverdontcare said:

I'm decent at modding Crusader Kings II. Only really good at the text editing part, not art or writing, but I see you already have those two. How would I help?

Seeing the amount of writing we're going to be putting out, an editor is more than welcome, just join the discord and talk to us. We'd be glad to have a dedicated revision, it will probably save us a lot of time. 

On 7/15/2018 at 7:41 AM, alanrye said:

Seeing the amount of writing we're going to be putting out, an editor is more than welcome, just join the discord and talk to us. We'd be glad to have a dedicated revision, it will probably save us a lot of time. 

I didn't mean revision, I meant modding. Like, programming I guess. As in the part of modding where you edit text files with code and stuff, and not the part where you write well-written events or make graphics. Sorry, I can see how that got misinterpreted now.

Sounds really promising. Also sounds like a lot of work. What are the chances of people putting in time and the project never finishing. How dedicated are you and your friend? I guess life doesn't offer any guarantees, but if you are dedicated to seeing this through I would be willing to put in some time.

I have no experience modding the game and I don't think I'd be any good at it. Could test though and perhaps proof-read, etc. Maybe you could list some tasks that you need people to help with?

• 2 months later...
On 7/3/2018 at 8:05 AM, alanrye said:

Create a Dark/Realistic Fantasy World from scratch, with custom cultures to explore and taboos to break. Focusing on an early Iron/Bronze Age

Please, don't. Unless you want to fall into endless lore creation and repairing. It also will confuse the players. 

Archived