Brand New UNP and UNPB Body for Skyrim SE

On 3/18/2020 at 4:28 PM, Oriana said:

I apologize if this has been answered before but, will existing armor and clothes work with UNPR? Will they work out of the box or do i have to convert them in Outfit Studio? 

Thanks for this amazing body, it's beautiful ?

They have to be converted, since we have new weights and new sliders. We have many conversion sliders from big bodies UUNP, Vanilla, 7base, CBBE SE and Touched by Dibella to make the process easier to convert.

I'm in the process of doing all vanilla outfits and of course boots, gauntlets, amulets, first person meshes etc

• 4 weeks later...

'Grats on the alpha release folks. I had a quick look at it and am saddened by the fact that you didn't follow naming conventions for the sliders. All mods that use racemenu morphs will need to be re-written to support this body.

I realise that some of the sliders are new types and don't resemble any standard ones but surely some of the basic ones could have been named as standard?

I don't want to be a party pooper and hope the mod is well received but thought I'd let you know my little gripe! ;)

@Shiva182 please don't hate me!

On 4/21/2020 at 7:16 PM, Yinkle said:

'Grats on the alpha release folks. I had a quick look at it and am saddened by the fact that you didn't follow naming conventions for the sliders. All mods that use racemenu morphs will need to be re-written to support this body.

I realise that some of the sliders are new types and don't resemble any standard ones but surely some of the basic ones could have been named as standard?

I don't want to be a party pooper and hope the mod is well received but thought I'd let you know my little gripe! ;)

@Shiva182 please don't hate me!

What naming conventions?

2 hours ago, Shiva182 said:

What naming conventions?

What I mean is that if you look at slider naming in old unp, old cbbe and cbbe SE, they are mostly the same with a few exceptions.

Edit: Racemenu/Nioverride has functions that recognise these names as strings for in-game morphs. It would also recognise the names from your mod and work fine but any mod that sends these instructions to Racemenu would have to take into account all the new names.

It's not the end of the world but just means it's a bit less compatible than other body types in this respect.

Edit 2: As an example: UNP/CBBE/CBBE SE all use "PregnancyBelly" whereas UNPR uses "Belly Pregnancy" for the equivalent slider name. So any mod that uses racemenu morphs to adjust belly size will not work without being updated to include this.

10 hours ago, Yinkle said:

What I mean is that if you look at slider naming in old unp, old cbbe and cbbe SE, they are mostly the same with a few exceptions.

Edit: Racemenu/Nioverride has functions that recognise these names as strings for in-game morphs. It would also recognise the names from your mod and work fine but any mod that sends these instructions to Racemenu would have to take into account all the new names.

It's not the end of the world but just means it's a bit less compatible than other body types in this respect.

Edit 2: As an example: UNP/CBBE/CBBE SE all use "PregnancyBelly" whereas UNPR uses "Belly Pregnancy" for the equivalent slider name. So any mod that uses racemenu morphs to adjust belly size will not work without being updated to include this.

All those three mods are made by the same person so of course they have the same names. Also, we needed to show very clearly that this mod has nothing to do with UUNP, therefore unique slider names.

I guess that mod authors need to update their mods then.

25 minutes ago, Shiva182 said:

All those three mods are made by the same person so of course they have the same names. Also, we needed to show very clearly that this mod has nothing to do with UUNP, therefore unique slider names.

I guess that mod authors need to update their mods then.

I kind of feel if you wanted to differentiate, making things more difficult for people isn't the best direction to go. Maybe use a new name? "UNPR" is just going to get confused with UNP

On 4/24/2020 at 12:08 AM, Illana said:

I kind of feel if you wanted to differentiate, making things more difficult for people isn't the best direction to go. Maybe use a new name? "UNPR" is just going to get confused with UNP

I actually didn't know about the compatibility issue and I don't think Tooney did either, so that's why it wasn't considered when we made sliders. I don't use RaceMenu morphs mods, never had any use for them.

This is UNP, just higher polys and new weights.

It's UUNP we can't have any association with, since ousnius and the Bodyslide team wants UUNP to die (at least for SE use)

On 4/23/2020 at 4:13 AM, Yinkle said:

We can always fix the names of our new sliders to make it more compatible. We're trying to figure out how we're going to handle it. Plus we wanted the community to help us build more and better sliders. This is why we have it as an alpha release instead of a beta. This is going to be a community based mod and if people want to learn how to make sliders. I'm going to gladly show them how. This body is for the community to use. That's why we made it. ?

Update: Shiva has told me we don't want to many more sliders since it'll cause issues with the body. Now as for the male bodies that's a different story. My bad everyone. I spoke out of place. I'm going to my basement corner, cry and think about my actions.........

22 minutes ago, Tooneyman23 said:

We can always fix the names of our new sliders to make it more compatible. We're trying to figure out how we're going to handle it. Plus we wanted the community to help us build more and better sliders. This is why we have it as an alpha release instead of a beta. This is going to be a community based mod and if people want to learn how to make sliders. I'm going to gladly show them how. This body is for the community to use. That's why we made it. ?

I've just released a new version of my ABBA mod that allows for total customisation of all the slider names that it affects via json config files. I'm guessing that more body types with unique slider names will keep appearing along with new sliders for current ones.

15 minutes ago, Yinkle said:

I've just released a new version of my ABBA mod that allows for total customisation of all the slider names that it affects via json config files. I'm guessing that more body types with unique slider names will keep appearing along with new sliders for current ones.

Hmmm.. This sounds super promising. We'll be having two different male bodies coming out too. Dizona Forte and BME which both have different slider names. We couldn't keep them the same due to conflicts.

Thank you for creating it. I look forward to seeing what it looks like. We'll adjust some of the names on the sliders if we can. Shiva and I are trying to figure out how to go about it. The male bodies are almost done. I just have to fix up the final flaccid part. I've been having issues with that ones weights around the groin. It's not playing nice. Funny part is the Erect verison is perfect. =P

Archived