About This File
Dwemermatron SE 1.3 (2019.08.14)
A customizable follower mod for Dwarven Modular Automaton in the vein of Fallout 4: Automatron. The Khajiit merchant Ri'saad now sells a Dwemer Control Rod that will start the quest to acquire your own Dwemer automaton!
- Constructing and upgrading your follower is done at a new Dwemer workshop, located in the mountain pass above Windhelm. There is a short dungeon to complete before you can activate the follower.
- Instead of using dialogue like normal Skyrim followers, the follower construct is controlled using the Dwemer Control Rod, which creates a popup box that lets you select your command. This includes all the standard follower commands, although you may only trade if the follower is close to you.
- Additional automatons will awaken throughout Skyrim once you complete the follower. When you have the follower with you, they will randomly attack you in the wilderness. Otherwise, you may find them aimlessly attacking local wildlife. They can also rarely be found in dwemer dungeons.
- Schematics for additional components for your follower are found on enemy automatons. Simply loot their dead bodies and you will acquire any unowned schematics automatically. (The script that does this is a little pokey, nothing I can really do to fix it.)
Dwarven Modular Automaton (assets only, you don't need to have the plugin activated)
Compatible with Amazing Follower Tweaks, Extensible Follower Framework, and Nether's Follower Framework. Partially compatible with Ultimate Follower Overhaul; but the follower can't be dismissed properly.
- The follower construct doesn't have an activation prompt during the quest to complete its construction. Whenever the quest marker is pointing at it, you need to activate it.
- The follower starts out with empty body and feet slots. Any armor you give it for these slots may become equipped, resulting in those parts of its body disappearing. This issue will no longer occur once you upgrade its core and lower components.
- Amazing Follower Tweaks - 'Wait' command doesn't seem to do anything. You can still make the follower wait somewhere by using the 'Do something' command instead.
What's New in Version 1.3
- Corrected wait/follow functionality for multifollower frameworks.
- Added support for Amazing Follower Tweaks, Extensible Follower Framework, and Nether's Follower Framework. Only tested in LE, let me know if there are any problems!
- Partial compatibility with Ultimate Follower Overhaul (follower doesn't dismiss properly).
- Dwemer control rod now uses Spider Control Rod model.
- Enemy dwemerbots should no longer follow you into dungeons.
- Helm from the Armor schematic set can now be removed properly.